Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Bringing up old **** doesn't change the fact about what's happening now they had a moment, acknowledged 1 another as family & want to do better that's it thems the facts the past is honestly irrelevant to what's going on now *shrugs*

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed. I know we will never see eye to eye and thatīs alright, I just see this diferently because their relationship has changed from what is was in the 60īs. As I see it they KNOW they have not been a family but thereīs still a longing to become one, longing is not the same thing as looking up for aceptance, itīs just the feeling that things could be better than they are now and a wish to tackle that possibility even if they keep that wish to themselves, until now,that has been their main relationship in the years they have been related and even after the retcon and I believe this adds an interesting dimension and dynamic to their characters, because this relationship forces all of them to think and act outside their comfort zone, forcing them to face the good and the bad and take a stand in whatīs truly important to them besides what else they have going on on their lifes currently, this feels real, this isnīt a fabrication,this wish to become or try to be a family despite everything is a compelling struggle and quite realistic and the reason why I personally enjoy to read about as a fan.

That said I agree the current threatment of Wanda of the X-books and marvel in general has been bad and one touching and heart warming scene will not change this, so I agree if thereīs going to be a family reunion itīs neccesary for all of them to have their pov.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-25-2021 at 07:10 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed. I know we will never see eye to eye and thatīs alright, I just see this diferently because their relationship has changed from what is was in the 60īs. As I see it they KNOW they have not been a family but thereīs still a longing to become one, longing is not the same thing as looking up for aceptance, itīs just the feeling that things could be better than they are now and a wish to tackle that possibility even if they keep that wish to themselves, until now,that has been their main relationship in the years they have been related and even after the retcon and I believe this adds an interesting dimension and dynamic to their characters, because this relationship forces all of them to think and act outside their comfort zone, forcing them to face the good and the bad and take a stand in whatīs truly important to them besides what else they have going on on their lifes currently, this feels real, this isnīt a fabrication,this wish to become or try to be a family despite everything is a compelling struggle and quite realistic and the reason why I personally enjoy to read about as a fan.

That said I agree the current threatment of Wanda of the X-books and marvel in general has been bad and one touching and heart warming scene will not change this, so I agree if thereīs going to be a family reunion itīs neccesary for all of them to have their pov.
    Very well said, couldn't put it better than myself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bringing up old **** doesn't change the fact about what's happening now they had a moment, acknowledged 1 another as family & want to do better that's it thems the facts the past is honestly irrelevant to what's going on now *shrugs*
    They also had some moment in AD/HoM in spite of all the bad blood before.
    Not saying Ewing will butcher Wanda the same way, but again it's sacrifice the way Wanda as a character functions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Yeah, the happy family pic from The Vision and the Scarlet Witch.
    Notice how most of the people in the photo is her neighbors, associates, people she actually spent a long time with? And in a house that is her own, a safe and loving place she earnt for herself, and she acting like a woman content with where she is?
    Now with SWORD, basically Wanda is a meek little girl in a hostile island somehow lovingly hug the "dad" she barely knows. Yeah, not the best comparison I would say.

I liked Ewing wrote this moment between them because right now I donīt think thereīs anyone else on the X-office that had written Wanda well before and has a way to include the characters past stories in a meantful way so if someone is going to tackle the relationship between them and the rest of the family, then thatīs him. He also confirmed he had a long time plan for this so I hope we see him developing this subplot in a way that developīs all the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Very well said, couldn't put it better than myself.
    Thanks

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, while I don't really like the issue. It can be way way worse.
    Essentially it's one of the writers I like writing a topic I for the most part loathe.
    I hope it's tolerable in the end, and those characters can move on.

Looking forward to the Magus family being whole again. Whether that means blood or not as said int he Scarlet Witch thread by another poster it doesn't matter. There is family your born with and family you choose but the family you keep is up to you. That aside i am glad wanda may finally get a chance to do something other than going in a continuous loop of being rejected by a robot storylines.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looking forward to the Magus family being whole again. Whether that means blood or not as said int he Scarlet Witch thread by another poster it doesn't matter. There is family your born with and family you choose but the family you keep is up to you. That aside i am glad wanda may finally get a chance to do something other than going in a continuous loop of being rejected by a robot storylines.
    Those robot storylines haven't been a thing for over 20 years. She's been with Brother Voodoo. She does surprisingly have her own family, friends and loved ones. I know, crazy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, the happy family pic from The Vision and the Scarlet Witch.
    Notice how most of the people in the photo is her neighbors, associates, people she actually spent a long time with? And in a house that is her own, a safe and loving place she earnt for herself, and she acting like a woman content with where she is?
    Now with SWORD, basically Wanda is a meek little girl in a hostile island somehow lovingly hug the "dad" she barely knows. Yeah, not the best comparison I would say.

Well first off: Wanda can perfectly keep her friendship with Carol, Wasp, Steve, Tony,Agatha etc in fact they were the reason why I liked Kurtīs run on her, yes even her rejection of Magneto because that made sense at the time, because he wasnīt trying to get closer to the twins but this definitely has changed and thatīs a fact, their relationship has been tackled by different writers and them just being on the same room and talking doesnīt take away from their other relationshipīs at all.

Second: They aren not on Krakoa, they are on an island specifically choosen to become the Gala meeting center so it makes sense she choose to appear when everybody was gone, this meeting alone doesnīt erase the past but also doesnīt take the meaning of her or his other relationships, they just can have this too if they want to and this seems to be the conclusion of their meeting, to try to make things better, I appreacite the fact he doesnīt ask her forgiveness, he just believes he can do something to make her standing with Krakoa better and thatīs a best beggining than him expecting her to include him in her life at all. Heīs leaving that choice to her and I think thatīs very wholesome.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Magneto is neither at this point though.
    That robot is actually the family Wanda chose, and way to reduce their stories to Wanda being rejected.
    By something else, you mean playing a sad little girl crying for daddy's love, AoA Wanda is already one too many.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Those robot storylines haven't been a thing for over 20 years. She's been with Brother Voodoo. She does surprisingly have her own family, friends and loved ones. I know, crazy.
    All i'm saying is that as a fan it's nice to get some material in whatever form it's released. I have waited and waited and waited. I bought the witch's road book, i got mystic arcana. I plan on getting Dark Ages when it comes out but what else is there? where is the material? If you can point me in the direction i will gladly check it out. I mean i read the Vision but she was barely a thing in that but it was still an amazing read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/