Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But in the avengers she was made to kill her friends and lovers and that is respecting the character. Well Okay. i guess i prefer stories were wanda isn't being respected like when her Lorna and Pietro were on genosha and Lorna created the stature. But that's just me. I think i see what you want clearly now and thats cool.
    Disassembled was way way before the books I mentioned, lol. And yes, and that was all undone 10 years ago. I'm talking about her appearances in the last five years. Which is why I said "recent." There's no Wanda fan that believes that AD/HoM were great for her. But the X-books recently have not been any better.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

So your really going to tell me the story with her being retconned and the high evolutionary wasn't trash comparede to the story and drama of house of M? I'm not talking faves i'm not talking consequences i'm just talking the flat out story.

Your going to tell me if Wanda was magneto daughter and the avenger office was doing what they should be doing she wouldn't be a character in a place to have prominence? I mean what about those of us who did buy and read those stories to see wanda.

House of M was garbage.
    Those issues of Uncanny Avengers are better simply because HoM was a trash book, written by someone who didn't understand anything about Wanda's character and made her into a mental patient

So your really going to tell me the story with her being retconned and the high evolutionary wasn't trash comparede to the story and drama of house of M? I'm not talking faves i'm not talking consequences i'm just talking the flat out story.

Your going to tell me if Wanda was magneto daughter and the avenger office was doing what they should be doing she wouldn't be a character in a place to have prominence? I mean what about those of us who did buy and read those stories to see wanda.
    Really all her parentage retcons have the same quality. You have Miss America and the Whizzer. Which didn't make sense because Wanda was from Eastern Europe and we were supposed to believe these two Americans had her in Europe, then when Miss America died The Whizzer gave the babies away to a random Romani couple. Then you had Mags who just barges into Wanda's house, claims to be the real father and everyone accepts it. That Magda wandered off into the snow to die because Magneto showed his powers. Then a cow gave the babies to a Romani couple. Now you have the High Evolutionary claiming that they were never mutants and a story about Wanda's mother now being Natalya. And is still raised by the Maximoffs.

Why isn't Wanda or Pietro the U.N diplomat to Krakoa? Because the main office decided they weren't mutants and killed that story potential. Those who wanted to see the human side of Krakoa and what others thought? Gone with that. The potential of her having a council seat as a convoy to the "human world" killed before the thought could manifest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Why isn't Wanda or Pietro the U.N diplomat to Krakoa? Because the main office decided they weren't mutants and killed that story potential. Those who wanted to see the human side of Krakoa and what others thought? Gone with that. The potential of her having a council seat as a convoy to the "human world" killed before the thought could manifest.
    That would assume that ever had the possibility before the retcon or even before HoM. Which is very possibly unlikely. After HoM even more so.

Extraordinary Member

It's pointless trash versus the entire slaughterhouse.
    Story? What story Wanda had in HoM?(And AD?) She conveniently forgets things and disappears for the majority of the story?
    The story is somewhat tolerable if we just treat Wanda as the plot device she is and accept that, the problem is, I can't. She is the fatal flaw of that story being ever considered good.

People forget that Wanda was Mags' kid and a mutant for 7 years that she was out of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    House of M was garbage.
    Those issues of Uncanny Avengers are better simply because HoM was a trash book, written by someone who didn't understand anything about Wanda's character and made her into a mental patient
    Um i think she was turned into a mental patient when her brain was literally disassembled and she was killing her friends. I also find it cute people act like the x-offices did house of m when it was by the same writer who did disassembled and started it all in the main office and it was the culmination of the story he started there. Just because he jumped the x-office scott free after doesn't change facts. Sometimes i think when people think x-office they just see bendis but nah, he started this story in ya'll back yard.

I will never forget the visceral unease i felt at the cover of her literally crumbling apart.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

To be fair almost all of them were out of comics for years after HoM, only Pietro had Son of M mini and it didnīt give him much favors, it was until years later Peter David cleaned after it that it became a good story for Pietro, Magneto only came back during Utopia era of the X-men and Wanda until childrenīs Crusade.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Um i think she was turned into a mental patient when her brain was literally disassembled and she was killing her friends. I also find it cute people act like the x-offices did house of m when it was by the same writer who did disassembled and started it all in the main office and it was the culmination of the story he started there. Just because he jumped the x-office scott free after doesn't change facts. Sometimes i think when people think x-office they just see bendis but nah, he started this story in ya'll back yard.

I will never forget the visceral unease i felt at the cover of her literally crumbling apart.
    I had no idea House of M was Bendis's baby. Oh wow.

Extraordinary Member

Literally every Wanda fan on CBR regularly trashes Bendis, where did you get that idea?

No one said the x-offices did HoM. But HoM was done for the future of x-stories. It was the catalyst for the future. It was just started Avengers side.

Marvel is one company. Not two. Their crappy stories are crappy ones. Regardless of side.

Still, the only recent good appearances for Wanda are in Zub's Avengers and her solo. That's really it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ulterior is a stretch, it's rather obvious that some "fans"(cannot tell if they are X-fans) who will insist she is an X-character, tell you to read a comic about how she is always Magneto's daughter, and then acting all thirsty for some Magnus family cuteness.
    Basically they act like shippers of those popular ships that have little actual interactions, characters of said ship just stand together and they will suck the ever living heck out of it. And of course, educating you on how real their ships are because you need to watch the source material carefully.
    The problem in the end is also simple, little actual canon content versus bloated fan perception/demand, the amount of time she is picked as the breeding mare for X-Men in MCU fadom discussion also kinda shows that. And every random Joe who wants to show some great understanding of the character will act like how AXIS "ruined" her, and how the good old days of her being a mutant and Magneto's daughter is gone.(While saying HoM is the best story for her of course.)
    Wanda's fandom is just freaking weird, casual fans of other characters at the very least will understand some core ideas of them, even if it's oversimplified, with Wanda, it's just a freaking disaster.
    You know I never thought about it that way but that's exactly it, it's basically shipping where people pretend all these interactions between the characters that never happened are canon, and refuse to acknowledge what the characters are actually like.
    I think it says something that even in continuities where Magneto did raise the twins they still never had any cute family dynamic, and the twins usually still hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    To be fair almost all of them were out of comics for years after HoM, only Pietro had Son of M mini and it didnīt give him much favors, it was until years later Peter David cleaned after it that it became a good story for Pietro, Magneto only came back during Utopia era of the X-men and Wanda until childrenīs Crusade.
    Pietro also had Avengers Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    How exactly was the X-line suppose to do it though? The avenger writer who had wanda decimate her friends then did a mini from the main line though people try to act like he didn't jump to the x-line until years after he destroyed wanda. So the main x-books were suppose to rehab Wanda who had just changed the entire landscape of x-line books and killed many mutants while bendis went on having fun with New Avengers and avengers and somehow it falls on the x-line. like really? Why didn't he clean her up if that is where she belonged? I mean with the stories they were doing like Civil war wanda should have been hailed as a hero by humans in those books. But where was she?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.