Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1204
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I know that´s why I find it interesting to see references of him in WandaVision there would not be any if the story wasn´t going to tackle a little more of that and there´s also that scene of Wanda using the mind stone, I think Wandavision will serve to explain better Wanda´s origins as well as help to develop her mystical powers


    I think Herb is Herbert Wyndham and the reason they allude to that is because we are gonna find out about the High Evolutionary. They make references to Mount Wundagore in a painting and Bova. It will develop her origin and her becoming the Scarlet Witch officially. Herb probably worked with Hydra.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Agreed The High Evolutionary looks like someone who would work with Hydra in the MCU.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    You say that like Magneto wouldn't make an excellent irascible old lady.
    He could… but it wouldn’t be enough for him. Remember his grand schemes…

  4. #64
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    they won't introduce magneto on a streaming series

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    I think they may do some references for him and then make him appear on another series just like in comics. Now SWORD seems to be short for " Sentient Weapon Observation and Response " which explains why Wanda is of interest to them or maybe she used to be one of them which would explain why she recognizes Monica Rambeau.

    I really don´t think this is a scheme by Magneto, rather it looks like Wanda is consciously doing most of the changes in westview the people seem to be afraid of her but I can see Nightmare, Mephisto, High Evolutionary or Chton and "Agnes" helping her to do it for their own reasons.

    The MCU may bring Magneto to the modern world the same way Bucky was by capturing him and keeping him contained in suspended animation. Feige orignally had plans of making Cap meet child Magneto during WWII so the mcu seems to be keeping his origin unless they changed something.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-16-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    they won't introduce magneto on a streaming series
    At most, Wanda might run into an alternate version of herself in Multiverse of Madness who alludes to mutants, Magneto etc; but no, it’s unlikely anything would be directly named.

    There’s simply the fact that odds are Olsen will likely have moved on by the time Magneto (let alone Polaris) is introduced and I doubt they’d write themselves into a hole like that.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    At most, Wanda might run into an alternate version of herself in Multiverse of Madness who alludes to mutants, Magneto etc; but no, it’s unlikely anything would be directly named.

    There’s simply the fact that odds are Olsen will likely have moved on by the time Magneto (let alone Polaris) is introduced and I doubt they’d write themselves into a hole like that.
    That's my guess too with Feige saying he has a five year plan for them. I think they'll start hinting at them in Eternals, then slowly introduce mutants, then next phase will be mostly if not all mutant related stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    olsen's contract is finite so they won't introduce her "mutant" status, it makes no sense to overcomplicated and setup a possible storyline/meeting the actress wont be around to play

  9. #69

    Default

    Agreed. It will be other characters that champion them in and should champion them in. The ones that spent way more time dealing with mutant issues.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    they won't introduce magneto on a streaming series
    Why not? This is a series with two movie Avengers as its leads and setting up Monica Rambeau for the Captain Marvel sequel. This isn't Agents of SHIELD.

    olsen's contract is finite so they won't introduce her "mutant" status, it makes no sense to overcomplicated and setup a possible storyline/meeting the actress wont be around to play
    Olsen's contract can be extended as long as she and Marvel want to work together, you're acting as though this is her swan song. Scarlet Witch is in the Dr. Strange sequel. Olsen has showed no signs of retiring any time soon. We don't know what they'll do with this series, they might not do something with mutants or they might start laying plot threads like with other things like what the tv shows are doing in this phase. Don't box in Scarlet Witch simply because you don't like the character. Marvel's getting weirder and they have access to the X-men now.

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why not? This is a series with two movie Avengers as its leads and setting up Monica Rambeau for the Captain Marvel sequel. This isn't Agents of SHIELD.



    Olsen's contract can be extended as long as she and Marvel want to work together, you're acting as though this is her swan song. Scarlet Witch is in the Dr. Strange sequel. Olsen has showed no signs of retiring any time soon. We don't know what they'll do with this series, they might not do something with mutants or they might start laying plot threads like with other things like what the tv shows are doing in this phase. Don't box in Scarlet Witch simply because you don't like the character. Marvel's getting weirder and they have access to the X-men now.
    because Magneto is way bigger than those two and his entrance will be done in a way that has as many eyes on it and when X-men is finally anounced in phase 5, wanda vision is about phase 4 and their own character's leading into Dr strange 2.

    And chris evans, scar jo and downy aren't retired but their contracts ended, it make no sense to start their next big thing that will cary their cinematic universe to an actress that can be halfway on her contract.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Streaming has been ‘prestigious’, streaming is also saving Disney’s neck right now and probably for least another year. Don’t bash on streaming because you think Wanda has cooties. That being said, I think the main emphasis will be on magic stuff with another reference to genetics to draw it out a bit more.

    And why are you guys all acting like Olsen’ got one foot in grave and can’t do this any more? Lol

  13. #73

    Default

    No one is saying she has one foot in the grave. But actors like to move on eventually and do other things. It's reasonable and realistic to feel like she'll have a few more years and probably move on. She's already been in the role for 6 years now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,760

    Default

    I also kind of have to agree I think Magneto is a little too high profile to get his MCU intro on Disney +, that being said I also think the same for Mephisto and I'm highly convinced he might pop up so never say never.

  15. #75
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I also kind of have to agree I think Magneto is a little too high profile to get his MCU intro on Disney +, that being said I also think the same for Mephisto and I'm highly convinced he might pop up so never say never.
    mephisto is lore high profile yes, but the general public has no notion who he is, so a streaming service makes sense to have more time to introduce such a new but important concept.
    Magneto is one of marvel's premiere character's since the 90's, everyone knows who he is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •