Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The S.W.O.R.D. scene with Magneto talking about how he failed his children reminded me of that little prelude to "Avengers: Children's Crusade" Allan Heinberg and Olivier Coipel did in Uncanny X-Men. We see Magneto finding out about the existence of two young heroes who look and have powers a lot like Wanda and Pietro (shouldn't he keep up to date on this stuff?) and deciding to find them so they can help him find Wanda and make up for the way he failed her. The whole story seemed to strike a decent balance where Magneto was trying to help Wanda, and she appreciated it, but he wasn't asking for forgiveness for how he treated her.

I trust that Ewing would know how to strike that same balance if he got to write more of this story, but we don't know if he will or if this was just a one-time setup for "Trial of Magneto."

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Edit: I didnīt say this before but I love that scene, thank you for sharing it gurkle

Magneto didnīt knew about Billy and Tommy because he went outside earth for one year with the High Evolutionary to try to find a solution to M-Day and after he didnīt found one, he joined the X-men on Utopia and brought back Kitty from Space but the effort put him in a coma until he woke up and fought off some sentinels, this scene with Scott happens after he feels better and sees news about the Young Avengers and Nemesis tells him Tommy and Billy are his grandchildren. The X-men knew but thought it was better to keep the secret from Erik because they didnīt know how he would react.

Leah Williams will be writting Trial of Magneto so it would be interesting to know her thoughts about Wanda, I saw her write Magneto, Lorna and Tommy but those were just some small scenes, not part of a bigger story, sheīs a good writer of mysteries but I donīt know what her take on Wanda, Pietro and Billy will be. Still given Ewing wrote the meeting between her and Magneto on S.W.O.R.D and on Way of X Spurrier added a little scene of them, I think that whatever happens during ToM will have mentions on those two titles.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes itīs surprising how both survived the Genosha genocide and have yet to talk at least once, I donīt think if Lorna asked him how he survived because she thought he was dead. Like they worked for months to end the civil war on Genosha and did a lot of work along with Pietro to give it some stability and shared duties on the goverment and with the acolytes and still writers act like they donīt have much to talk except her friendship with Havok, I know this part of Genosha was very low key and most of it was done behind scenes but it would be nice to see them bring that talk as a way to unite their efforts to keep Krakoa from ending the same way Genosha did.
    They have made an effort to move her away from that era post M-Day. To a certain degree the character had to move forward, but not by forgetting about the whole era. I generally feel Lorna and Magneto's interaction has been pretty weak since Genosha in no small part because writers trying way too hard to make it like a father talking to his teenage or 20 something daughter and vice versa dealing with father-daughter-boyfriend stuff instead of Polaris with her history and baggage talking to Magneto with his history and baggage.

Agreed, I think they want to write them as they were on Wolverine and the X-men but their comics selfs are very different and have a way different story, Lorna is not an adolescent in the comics and Magneto didnīt raise her, this doesnīt mean Magneto would not be interested in knowing whoīs Lorna dating but he would not be your typical Dad being worried for who her daughter dates, he knows how capable Lorna is and that she can take care of herself, she was bassically one of his generals during the Genosha civil war along with Frenzy and Amelia, so their talk would be more like a 30 something daughter who went thought a lot talking with her Dad who wants to know his grow up daughter better.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-26-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, I think they want to write them as they were on Wolverine and the X-men but their comics selfs are very different and have a way different story, Lorna is not an adolescent in the comics and Magneto didnīt raise her, this doesnīt mean Magneto would not be interested in knowing whoīs Lorna dating but he would not be your typical Dad being worried for who her daughter dates, he knows how capable Lorna is and that she can take care of herself, she was bassically one of his generals during the Genosha civil war along with Frenzy and Amelia, so their talk would be more like a 30 something daughter who went thought a lot talking with her Dad who wants to know his grow up daughter better.
    The first two years after Genosha was destroyed presented a viable path for Lorna as a complex X-Man and mutant artist on a core title, but its proved the road not traveled in the post Decimation era.

Marvel comics has been extremely successful is dealing with legacy issues between Laura and Wolverine, both critically and in terms of sales. They haven’t found a formula yet to have Lorna and Mags coexist and succeed when they are both around. Well perhaps the new team has and we just haven’t seen it yet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-27-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Both of these are by serge_towers. 1, 2.

This one is by coppertd. There might be a color version in the future, but this is what the artist has put up so far.

I like when pieces have Lorna manipulating the metal parts of her outfit like this. It highlights her powers while playing up her outfit as a part of her identity in that sense.
    Cross-post
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I love Lorna's new costume. I hope they put it in Marvel Strike Force.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The first two years after Genosha was destroyed presented a viable path for Lorna as a complex X-Man and mutant artist on a core title, but its proved the road not traveled in the post Decimation era.
    Yes I liked what Austen did with her, I think the gifted took some of that to write Lorna in the first season.

Marvel comics has been extremely successful is dealing with legacy issues between Laura and Wolverine, both critically and in terms of sales. They haven’t found a formula yet to have Lorna and Mags coexist and succeed when they are both around. Well perhaps the new team has and we just haven’t seen it yet.
    I donīt think they have truly tried to do a legacy relationship between Lorna and Magneto but being on the X-men is a nice compromise because this gives her way to do what Lorna like about her job which is helping people and itīs also a role Magneto would be happy for her to have. Their Hug at the Gala was bassically him congratulating her on winning the election. She has her own space for advantures but without sacrificing her link to him on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes it looks great
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-27-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Cross-post

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Color version of the coppertd picture I posted before.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Great art, thank you for sharing Salarta

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I know. Makes her look thicc. ��

I think that the Axis retcon is coming down and that the members of the family will be coming together again.

Family Matters 3-Pack with Scarlet Witch Action Figure
    http://www.comicbookbin.com/Scarlet_...Figure001.html
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-30-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that the Axis retcon is coming down and that the members of the family will be coming together again.

I really hope not, cause this means one of two things.
    1) Magneto killed their mom, leading to more just hate between them.
    2) Wanda's comic series at the start of ANAD is just retcon out, and that expanded the magic corner of the Marvel universe. The corner she is mainly in these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Ah yes, the action figure set from a year ago that senselessly excluded Lorna. I can't say I would've bought it because if it was the same model as her standalone, I already own the standalone and don't need the pack. But it's still junk.

I think the retcon coming down was inevitable. Just a matter of when. Marvel's comics claim they plan out a couple years before things actually publish, so Fox buyout paired with COVID means it would supposedly come down around now at the soonest. Though if I had to put down money, I'd say we're not fully there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I really hope not, cause this means one of two things.
    1) Magneto killed their mom, leading to more just hate between them.
    2) Wanda's comic series at the start of ANAD is just retcon out, and that expanded the magic corner of the Marvel universe. The corner she is mainly in these days.
    I'm sure undoing the retcon could include elements that make the series compatible.

For the record, I didn't read the Scarlet Witch series at the time specifically because the Axis retcon meant she wasn't considered part of the family anymore in Marvel's comics, and there would be no plans for her to interact with Lorna any time in the near future. If she had still been Lorna's sister at the time, I would've bought and read it for the same reason I bought and read every issue of the Magneto solo around then. Because it would've been relevant to understanding how Wanda and Lorna might interact as sisters. By that token, if the retcon does get undone, reading that series will most likely be on my to-do list.

I haven't been for them making her a mutant again, because they don't do much with it, but I think what could happen is Pietro being distraught goes through the resurrection with her body. And that's their way of making them mutants again.

Or the body is a fake.

But I think they'll keep the link to Mags the one they described on Krakoa. So that he can still be rooted in WWII and the twins can stay younger.

But then they can have these relationships like Wanda talking to Polaris again. Pietro having content because he's a mutant again.

Hopefully, they do finally have Wanda communicate with her sons. Stop killing her off and removing her from comics.

Let her freaking talk to She-Hulk again. They were best friends for at least a few years. They haven't talked since before AD.

Put her back on the main Avengers or a Midnight Sons/Defenders book and do the magic team that Donny Cates teased at the end of Damnation. The one that had Wanda, Magik, Loki, Doom, Blade, Agatha and Damon Hellstrom.

Let it be the end of treating her like a pariah, a mess up, magic novice and not even an adult.

Someone suggested Wanda as ambassador to Krakoa as a way to make up for M-day.

Whatever gets her out of this current hell. But keep her as a mainstay Avenger. And develop the magic side more.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-30-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.