Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am actually looking forward to see a furious Pietro on Trial of Magneto and him mention Luna and find out Wanda is alive, even if he protests and discusses with Magneto the whole way with Lorna playing the peace maker before giving up and let them go in their arguing, at this point thatīs bassically the way they communicate lol

I'm ready to see him in anything. It's been so long.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Me too, I got way too excited when I saw that preview with him and Crystal of X-factor from X-men Legends, I hope PAD uses the time add some brother/sister teasing between him and Lorna and we get to see Luna.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-30-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me too, I got way too excited when I saw that preview with him and Crystal of X-factor from X-men Legends, I hope PAD uses the time add some brother/sister teasing between him and Lorna and we get to see Luna.
    If we do get Luna, please tell me they read the F4 and know she is what in midteens?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nobody thinks it's kinda weird that Magneto and Wanda are representing a Catholic artwork? As The Virgin Mary and Jesus no less...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Nobody thinks it's kinda weird that Magneto and Wanda are representing a Catholic artwork? As The Virgin Mary and Jesus no less...
    By the third issue of the mini she will be resurrected I guess
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If we do get Luna, please tell me they read the F4 and know she is what in midteens?
    Lest hope so especially since she seems to have now precognition along with her empathic powers. I donīt know if Slott did this on purpose but this brings all sorts of possibilities given Krakoaīs ban on precognitives mutants and Luna isnīt a mutant.

Yes I believe itīs rare to see them do a cover like that but in comics they do this type of symbolic cover so often at this point itīs a cliche and not a real commentary on the characters. I personally prefer those that are less on the nose like Wandaīs cover with Pietro on HoM.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-30-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Oh I get that theyve done art references before, it's just kinda weird to do it with arguably Marvel's two most famous Jewish characters.

Oh I get that theyve done art references before, it's just kinda weird to do it with arguably Marvel's two most famous Jewish characters.
    Wanda is not jewish
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah she never practiced Judaism. And likely would not be considered of descent even. Because she isn't related to Mags and that gets passed from the mother's side. Wanda was Pagan. They've never said much else about that.

She is Romani though, and this is Romani Heritage Month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Wanda is not jewish
    She also never considered magneto to be her father but that clearly doesn't matter too much so why should this?

I think it's a Tumblr-ism because I remember that being the popular thought on there, no matter how much people corrected it.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a very difficult thing to do when Wanda's only good treatment in the past 17 years is her solo and Zub's Avengers. And writers have to really push her her to writer her and then sometimes, even then are denied.

I hope it turns out better for her. With Darkhold being set beforehand though, it looks bleak.
    This is the hope I’m trying to hold on to. The hope that by reuniting the family and having the conclusion to this sorry saga be done by the X-Men writers (because most of the fallout has been shown), Wanda can be allowed to move on and become a respected Avenger again. Pietro can return to the X-Men and see his friends. I can see this family spend time together without them trying to tear each other to pieces because of HoM. Maybe even Luna being recognized as a member of the family. Goodness knows this family needs a win. The House of M, as family of people with ties to various corners of the Marvel universe but bought together by blood and tragedy, is a fascinating concept that deserves to be explored and for all members to benefit from that.

All eyes will be on this event, which means Marvel will be conscious of how they proceed. Because as today has proven, the fandom will not be quiet when they believe Marvel is taking a wrong step. So I have to hope that if something egregious happens to Wanda or the others in the Trial of Magneto and future stories, that I won’t be alone in letting Marvel respectfully and calmly know it. These characters are at the height of their popularity right now, and that means there are more of us than ever.

Who knows, maybe seeing Wanda in the ToM will inspire Aaron and other Avengers writers to use her if only to reclaim her.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    This is the hope I’m trying to hold on to. The hope that by reuniting the family and having the conclusion to this sorry saga be done by the X-Men writers (because most of the fallout has been shown), Wanda can be allowed to move on and become a respected Avenger again. Pietro can return to the X-Men and see his friends. I can see this family spend time together without them trying to tear each other to pieces because of HoM. Maybe even Luna being recognized as a member of the family. Goodness knows this family needs a win. The House of M, as family of people with ties to various corners of the Marvel universe but bought together by blood and tragedy, is a fascinating concept that deserves to be explored and for all members to benefit from that.

All eyes will be on this event, which means Marvel will be conscious of how they proceed. Because as today has proven, the fandom will not be quiet when they believe Marvel is taking a wrong step. So I have to hope that if something egregious happens to Wanda or the others in the Trial of Magneto and future stories, that I won’t be alone in letting Marvel respectfully and calmly know it. These characters are at the height of their popularity right now, and that means there are more of us than ever.

Who knows, maybe seeing Wanda in the ToM will inspire Aaron and other Avengers writers to use her if only to reclaim her.
    I hope if they do take the wrong step again, that a large part of the fandom holds their feet to the fire. I think they did all this to Wanda from the start because they just didn't realize she had a fanbase.

Wanda used to have genetic Jewish links before the retcon because of Magneto but sheīs doesnīt consider herself Jewish and thereīs also the fact traditionally speaking the Jewish heritage comes from the mother. In reality we donīt know what her faith was before becoming a practicing witch because we donīt have enough information about DīJango and Marya Maximoff, who raised the twins and well if we want to get tecnical, Magnetoīs wife ,Magda, was Catholic and they were married in a Catholic wedding.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-30-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post

Yes to all this, I just want a good story with good character work for all of them, canīt wait to see Luna meet Billy and Tommy and reconnect with the rest of the family, I some wins for this family
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-30-2021 at 08:05 PM.