Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Excalibur is the appropriate team, but it's the most boring issue.Though my point with Xavier and Magnus is reinforced.If she joined the X-Men because her 'sister' is on and she's known Jean and Scott..it still does not look like an appointment on merit just getting in because she knows the right people. Anyway let's see her story play out first.
    Well the team is fighting High Evolutionary in the first story arc

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    reading the thread below about genetics and stuff made me wonder. What if the trial of Magneto ends with Wanda uttering Make More Mutants. and unlocking the latent x-gene in all of humanity. You get a super power, you get a super power. I would buy a reverse house of M in a minute where everyone is a mutant. I wonder how that would make the humans feel, etc.
    Jeez, way to remind more people of that awful memory.
    And then some unlucky dude got turned into a walking pile of jelly, and some people who get new power panic and kill bunch of other people, or worse inmature kids or legitimately evil people purposefully hurt/kill people, you might as well mass distribute firearms to global population, even if everyone gets turned into good looking super model mutants with totally controllable powers and by some miracle firm moral code, she still doesn't have the right to make them mutants without asking for their consent.
    And you know what? This kind story is ironically the BS conspiracy Far Right spews around, like how LGBT+ want to "convert" other people and ****.
    If X-Men still somehow represent marginalized groups, this is just an goddamn awful idea.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-01-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Why would you call mutants becoming a majority a "Reverse House of M" when that is exactly the plot of House of M. Does everyone only remember the ending of that story?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Why would you call mutants becoming a majority a "Reverse House of M" when that is exactly the plot of House of M. Does everyone only remember the ending of that story?
    i dont think they were the majority in house of m just the dominant species, but yea being the reverse doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver has been on Avengers and X-Factor, so Wanda should be able to pass back and forth between the two.
    I'm fine with Wanda being ambassador between the Avengers and the X-side. But she should stay an Avenger. Let Pietro be in the x-books. That was always his strongest showing and he actually has established, strong relationships there. Wanda can come visit him and have interactions that way. But she should keep the core of who she is and not have more lost to M-day.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Jeez, way to remind more people of that awful memory.
    And then some unlucky dude got turned into a walking pile of jelly, and some people who get new power panic and kill bunch of other people, or worse inmature kids or legitimately evil people purposefully hurt/kill people, you might as well mass distribute firearms to global population, even if everyone gets turned into good looking super model mutants with totally controllable powers and by some miracle firm moral code, she still doesn't have the right to make them mutants without asking for their consent.
    And you know what? This kind story is ironically the BS conspiracy Far Right spews around, like how LGBT+ want to "convert" other people and ****.
    If X-Men still somehow represent marginalized groups, this is just an goddamn awful idea.
    Well i was actually thinking an event. Like we saw in life 9 what would happen if it all the humans took over, i think it would be just as fitting if this whole thing ended with the whole world being mutants and still losing meaning the ultimate solution is balance as both need each other. Getting rid of humans would rush evolution beyond it's time just as much as killing mutants stifle it. So life XI we get the perfect mixture.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i dont think they were the majority in house of m just the dominant species, but yea being the reverse doesn't really make sense.
    I definitely think they were meant to be the majority. That's why it was so controversial when it turned out Spider-Man wasn't a mutant in that world

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think they mean the Avengers franchise, not any specific book or team
    Yes, this specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Avengers franchise had Wolverine and Rogue for years. Also Cannonball and Sunspot.

Why can’t the X-Men use Wanda on an actual team, rather than just a mutant boogeyman?

It’s pretty clear the Avengers aren’t using her anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quicksilver has been on Avengers and X-Factor, so Wanda should be able to pass back and forth between the two.
    You have a point: if the X-Men writers actually want to use her on a team to explore and redeem her character, the same chance Pietro was given after the Avengers office mangled him, then Wanda should have that too. But I honestly don’t think that’s in the cards, or should even be necessary for her character. Which is almost a shame, since time on the X-Men would likely encourage Aaron to use her.

For one thing, they would have to wrench control of her from the Avengers office. They can’t just demand her, even if the Avengers aren’t doing anything with her. Pietro was literally on X-Factor during Days of Future Past but before Age of Ultron, but Tom Brevoort yanked him back to the Avengers, and he actually had a history of working with the X-Men. If the Avengers office doesn’t want to give her up, they’re not going to. Unless there was an actual trade for the Phoenix and not just fan speculation, I don’t see it happening.

The second impediment is as Rev9 notes: it would be an act of nepotism to let Wanda cut in line when so many characters who have put in their due. Especially as controversial as she is, even if it is undeserved. Combined with this coming on the heels of a democratic vote that still saw mostly A-listers and the well connected get on? In-universe, why should the common people of Krakoa ever believe what they want matters? It would make the vote system a joke made by the elite. There are other teams she could join like Excalibur. I believe Tini is a fan, but perhaps that would be unfair to present characters already neglected. But being a guest ally that shows up to various books, building good will but never outstaying her welcome? That could work.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Wanda’s arcane origins and abilities have become more emphasized to the public. To the point of the MCU stating she is a witch. A witch that uses hexes and spellbooks. Since the comics delayed books like Darkhold due to not wanting to confuse audiences more, we know the comics division is concerned with keeping synergy with the films or at least not conflicting with major story beats. This leaves the comics division with a narrow opening: they can renew her familial ties with Magneto (since nothing precludes the twins being adopted in the films and only learning later in life), but they will need to keep her origin as a magic user.

I don’t think the x-office is going to make her a mutant. I can see them making Pietro a mutant, since the MCU went out of their way to not explain how he received speed powers if the mind stone killed everyone but Wanda. But Wanda has been pretty firmly cemented as a surviving due to being a witch, and is now appearing in a Doctor Strange movie instead of being held off to be further explored with the introduction of mutants. But even as I write this, it is possible they could decide to make her a mutant that uses magic as well later on when mutants are introduced, like Magik.

But honestly, who knows. Everything we think is going to happen could be upended when the book finally arrives.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 07-01-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Honestly, if they want Magneto’s daughter on the X-Men, they have Lorna for that. She needs the exposures, and it would mean Wanda doesn’t have to leave the Avengers. Wanda can cameo as a guest and ally like Carol does, but ultimately should be allowed back on her actual home team.
    Pre-House of M the family was kind of balanced. Pietro was a free agent that moved from the Avengers to x-books and back and forth. Lorna who was on the X-Men was about as big as Wanda on her Avengers titles and they interacted from time to time in crossover stories like Dark Seduction and Darkest of Nights. Typically Pietro was along with the ride.

Lorna not just Wanda suffered post House of M from the fallout a fair bit. I am not talking about losing her powers, but more so Wanda and Decimation became all important on the x-books a word out of everyone's mouth that both the Avengers and X-side prized and Lorna was forgotten and ignored even in many of the family stories of the time. I think getting back to the early 00s pre-HoM balance would be a positive.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well i was actually thinking an event. Like we saw in life 9 what would happen if it all the humans took over, i think it would be just as fitting if this whole thing ended with the whole world being mutants and still losing meaning the ultimate solution is balance as both need each other. Getting rid of humans would rush evolution beyond it's time just as much as killing mutants stifle it. So life XI we get the perfect mixture.
    And then why should Wanda again be the one to **** things up for this story?

Does this mean that Wanda is the savior of the mutant race instead of the Decimator or the Pretender?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    And then why should Wanda again be the one to **** things up for this story?
    Ok. If thats how you automatically see the story written cool. Lol. Fun spec never killed a character its okay.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Pre-House of M the family was kind of balanced. Pietro was a free agent that moved from the Avengers to x-books and back and forth. Lorna who was on the X-Men was about as big as Wanda on her Avengers titles and they interacted from time to time in crossover stories like Dark Seduction and Darkest of Nights. Typically Pietro was along with the ride.

Lorna not just Wanda suffered post House of M from the fallout a fair bit. I am not talking about losing her powers, but more so Wanda and Decimation became all important on the x-books a word out of everyone's mouth that both the Avengers and X-side prized and Lorna was forgotten and ignored even in many of the family stories of the time. I think getting back to the early 00s pre-HoM balance would be a positive.
    Yup, pretty much this, HoM is what basically blew everyone up, time for them to go back to their natural habitat.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. If thats how you automatically see the story written cool. Lol. Fun spec never killed a character its okay.
    HoM is also fun to the casuals.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

It does feel like a lot of what some fans are asking of Wanda would be better served if they understood Lorna existed. With her now being on the main X-Men team, that should help even things out in terms of exposure for the sisters.