Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Does this mean that Wanda is the savior of the mutant race instead of the Decimator or the Pretender?
    It'd certainly be a way back into Krakoa if "mutant magic" gave her the power boost to restore everyone who's powers she took away.

Yay, more plot device.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

New covers

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It does feel like a lot of what some fans are asking of Wanda would be better served if they understood Lorna existed. With her now being on the main X-Men team, that should help even things out in terms of exposure for the sisters.
    The team will be around for one year. At least for that year I agree with you that things will seem more even. Long term I think things will slowly work out for all involved though mid term as in the next five to ten years its anyone's guess.

Well, hopefully we get some new Magnus family merch at least in the next year or two. Marvel comics at least is now promoting the four main members and Wanda's twins together for the first time in a very long time, lets hope the merchandisers take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yup, pretty much this, HoM is what basically blew everyone up, time for them to go back to their natural habitat.
    I do wonder how the movie situation could impact things in the medium term.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I will repeat what I said on Wanda’s thread here concerning my views on these covers.

Honestly What is going on here I am feeling abit more slowly, not their yet but it It’s hard for me to fathom and this is not just some plot device Wanda is being used for, this feels vastly different than what we have gotten in the last year or two outside of No Surrender.

I know I could eventually be wrong and I will be sorry for that, but I have to call how I feel and see it and my hope is this might go where I hope it might go.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I will repeat what I said on Wanda’s thread here concerning my views on these covers.

Honestly What is going on here I am feeling abit more slowly, not their yet but it It’s hard for me to fathom and this is not just some plot device Wanda is being used for, this feels vastly different than what we have gotten in the last year or two outside of No Surrender.

I know I could eventually be wrong and I will be sorry for that, but I have to call how I feel and see it and my hope is this might go where I hope it might go.
    CJ welcome to the new Magnus family thread!

Good things are ahead, but its going to have to go through some real pain near term. The Axis was too big for a single mini series to reverse. My suspicion is that something significant rolls out of what is coming in the Fall and Winter.

In other news Magneto and Storm in new Marvel game starting at minute 7.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-01-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Thank you for your words CJ lest hope for the best, I myself don´t know if this is going to go the way we want but I hope it´s a good beggining for Wanda and for all members of the family to begin a new stage, I agree with jmc247 this can´t be done in just one mini but hopefully there´s a bigger plan going forward for her.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    CJ welcome to the new Magnus family thread!

Good things are ahead, but its going to have to go through some real pain near term. The Axis was too big for a single mini series to reverse. My suspicion is that something significant rolls out of what is coming in the Fall and Winter.

In other news Magneto and Storm in new Marvel game starting at minute 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thank you for your words CJ lest hope for the best, I myself don´t know if this is going to go the way we want but I hope it´s a good beggining for Wanda and for all members of the family to begin a new stage, I agree with jmc247 this can´t be done in just one mini but hopefully there´s a bigger plan going forward for her.
    Thanks for the Kind Welcome I indeed , I am never against and even at many times for allot going threw stories of pain and baptisms of blood for characters in stories cause they make the most enduring stories that have long lasting effects on the viewer and on the characters, you see them all the time in Fantasy and Anime so they can be deep and genres defining.

This whole thing just feels different and hoping is not a bad thing cause if I am wrong then I am wrong, but a breaking of the ice moment will come for Wanda, mutants and the copyrights to them are now under a United family with Disney(Thank Goodnesses!) and the funds due to the copyright laws of the past are no longer needed.

We fail to estimate how much of an impact this can have and it might not be business as normal any information the Wanda and Mutants feuds, things are galacticly changing for mutants so why not one of the more agregus moments as well, be very empowering on both sides in ways one cannot believe.

Just with those covers their is little in ways this is not being promoted as a major thing for Wanda and nothing I have seen in recent time seems the same, so whatever this leads to it just not seems to be busies normal.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Yes, this specifically.

You have a point: if the X-Men writers actually want to use her on a team to explore and redeem her character, the same chance Pietro was given after the Avengers office mangled him, then Wanda should have that too. But I honestly donÂ’t think thatÂ’s in the cards, or should even be necessary for her character. Which is almost a shame, since time on the X-Men would likely encourage Aaron to use her.

For one thing, they would have to wrench control of her from the Avengers office. They canÂ’t just demand her, even if the Avengers arenÂ’t doing anything with her. Pietro was literally on X-Factor during Days of Future Past but before Age of Ultron, but Tom Brevoort yanked him back to the Avengers, and he actually had a history of working with the X-Men. If the Avengers office doesnÂ’t want to give her up, theyÂ’re not going to. Unless there was an actual trade for the Phoenix and not just fan speculation, I donÂ’t see it happening.

The second impediment is as Rev9 notes: it would be an act of nepotism to let Wanda cut in line when so many characters who have put in their due. Especially as controversial as she is, even if it is undeserved. Combined with this coming on the heels of a democratic vote that still saw mostly A-listers and the well connected get on? In-universe, why should the common people of Krakoa ever believe what they want matters? It would make the vote system a joke made by the elite. There are other teams she could join like Excalibur. I believe Tini is a fan, but perhaps that would be unfair to present characters already neglected. But being a guest ally that shows up to various books, building good will but never outstaying her welcome? That could work.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, WandaÂ’s arcane origins and abilities have become more emphasized to the public. To the point of the MCU stating she is a witch. A witch that uses hexes and spellbooks. Since the comics delayed books like Darkhold due to not wanting to confuse audiences more, we know the comics division is concerned with keeping synergy with the films or at least not conflicting with major story beats. This leaves the comics division with a narrow opening: they can renew her familial ties with Magneto (since nothing precludes the twins being adopted in the films and only learning later in life), but they will need to keep her origin as a magic user.

I donÂ’t think the x-office is going to make her a mutant. I can see them making Pietro a mutant, since the MCU went out of their way to not explain how he received speed powers if the mind stone killed everyone but Wanda. But Wanda has been pretty firmly cemented as a surviving due to being a witch, and is now appearing in a Doctor Strange movie instead of being held off to be further explored with the introduction of mutants. But even as I write this, it is possible they could decide to make her a mutant that uses magic as well later on when mutants are introduced, like Magik.

But honestly, who knows. Everything we think is going to happen could be upended when the book finally arrives.
    Kevin Feige has complete creative control over Marvel post merger with Fox.

Being a witch in the MCU does not contradict being a mutant too. After all Pietro had his powers activated by the mindstone, and his situation was not explained. The fact Agatha said Wanda cast a probability hex goes back to WandaÂ’s original mutant power in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

She said that after pointing out Wanda is a "baby witch", Agatha is a magic user, so "probability hex" here is a known magic ability to her, it won't make sense as some kind of mutant power since why the heck would Agatha recognize that.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It surprises me that so many think that Wanda being a witch works against her previous mutant status, when she had both for over 30 years. Her mutant powers weren't as strong as the chaos magic, but it worked WITH her chaos magic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It surprises me that so many think that Wanda being a witch works against her previous mutant status, when she had both for over 30 years. Her mutant powers weren't as strong as the chaos magic, but it worked WITH her chaos magic.
    I think people find her witch powers more interesting because they can add to her character and is a better source for stories. Pretty much every time she's with mutants she's a villain or dead, and isn't in the omega-level club.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I believe it´s better when characters have a variety of habilities, especially when those are developed by trainning or other sources, I have always found Busiek´s take on her chaos magic fascinating and actually a good way to explain all the things she can do.

I also love Magik´s teleportation and magic hability, as well as Logan´s and Psylocke samurai training, Xavier studies on Psycology and genetics or Magneto´s study on magnetism to use his electromagnatic habilities better, like really if mutants only develop their natural given habilities without any kind of added hability they would limit themselves too much without need.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She said that after pointing out Wanda is a "baby witch", Agatha is a magic user, so "probability hex" here is a known magic ability to her, it won't make sense as some kind of mutant power since why the heck would Agatha recognize that.
    Except it still leaves it open for her to be a mutant. Agatha seems to be a witch because of her mother. Neither of the Maximoffs displayed powers.

But in the end it doesn’t make sense to argue over comics that are likely already written. I’m pretty sure they are restoring the twins to being Magneto’s children and mutants. It wasn’t my decision or yours, and fighting here will not change the direction the comics and MCU take.

By Peter V Nguyen aka ink4884