Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    mephisto is lore high profile yes, but the general public has no notion who he is, so a streaming service makes sense to have more time to introduce such a new but important concept.
    Magneto is one of marvel's premiere character's since the 90's, everyone knows who he is.
    There are also many MU hell-lords that they could use. Mephisto seems to just be the one MCU theorists know of. It could also be none them. The devil mention could also be nothing, and it be Hydra. Chthon is one of the many hell-lords and is more tied with Wanda.

Anything can happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Great image I hope marvel does something with Pietro and Crystal again, I miss them and Luna a lot
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There are also many MU hell-lords that they could use. Mephisto seems to just be the one MCU theorists know of. It could also be none them. The devil mention could also be nothing, and it be Hydra. Chthon is one of the many hell-lords and is more tied with Wanda.

Anything can happen.
    I mean again I said Mephisto seemed high profile to me, but he's also comic canonically responsible for the creation of Billy & Tommy so he just makes sense I don't see a reason to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean again I said Mephisto seemed high profile to me, but he's also comic canonically responsible for the creation of Billy & Tommy so he just makes sense I don't see a reason to change that.
    Sort of. Wanda ended up accidentally using his soul shards. But he didn't even show up to reclaim them. He sent Master Pandemonium. He's a foot note. The boys can come from magic and have Wanda and Vision's abilities. Which I'd honestly prefer over spiritual transplants of dead babies that were created from demon soul shards. It's too distant. Allows for the handwave of the connection between Wanda, Vision, Wiccan and Speed. I'd rather they slimline the relationship in the movie-verse. Make it less weird.

Initially the boys were magic. And naturally birthed until Byrne came along.

Sort of. Wanda ended up accidentally using his soul shards. But he didn't even show up to reclaim them. He sent Master Pandemonium. He's a foot note. The boys can come from magic and have Wanda and Vision's abilities. Which I'd honestly prefer over spiritual transplants of dead babies that were created from demon soul shards. It's too distant. Allows for the handwave of the connection between Wanda, Vision, Wiccan and Speed. I'd rather they slimline the relationship in the movie-verse. Make it less weird.

Initially the boys were magic. And naturally birthed until Byrne came along.
    Wait so it was a natural birth and then the writers added the demon ****? That was dumb on their part they never even did anything with it..... What was the point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wait so it was a natural birth and then the writers added the demon ****? That was dumb on their part they never even did anything with it..... What was the point?
    Byrne hates the idea Wanda was married or had children. You just had some cranky, hateful men in comics at that time.

BANNED

No one is saying she has one foot in the grave. But actors like to move on eventually and do other things. It's reasonable and realistic to feel like she'll have a few more years and probably move on. She's already been in the role for 6 years now.
    It’s a lot harder than people realize time to even get acting jobs, much less high profile ones. Thirty years later Patrick Stewart is still Jean Luke Picard and he was Professor Xavier for 17 years or so.

Olsen isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Byrne hates the idea Wanda was married or had children. You just had some cranky, hateful men in comics at that time.
    I think Byrne’s issue in this case was more about a “toaster” being able to conceive children.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It’s a lot harder than people realize time to even get acting jobs, much less high profile ones. Thirty years later Patrick Stewart is still Jean Luke Picard and he was Professor Xavier for 17 years or so.

Olsen isn’t going anywhere any time soon.
    You'd like to think, but other actors have come and gone after ten years. They do move on eventually. And Marvel will likely want to concentrate on other things. Not that I mind more Wanda, but I'm not gonna expect her to be there long standing.

BANNED

You'd like to think, but other actors have come and gone after ten years. They do move on eventually. And Marvel will likely want to concentrate on other things. Not that I mind more Wanda, but I'm not gonna expect her to be there long standing.
    and when it comes to create/spearhead a new franchise, they will want fresh actors with completly new contracts that they can rely on for the foreseable future, olsen is not on that stage anymore, so it makes no sense to attach her to a possible conection to a character that hasn't even been casted!

Astonishing Member

because Magneto is way bigger than those two and his entrance will be done in a way that has as many eyes on it and when X-men is finally anounced in phase 5, wanda vision is about phase 4 and their own character's leading into Dr strange 2.
    Kang is debuting in Ant-man. They don't have to produce X-men movies to have characters from their series show up in others, the MCU's known for doing that.

And chris evans, scar jo and downy aren't retired but their contracts ended, it make no sense to start their next big thing that will cary their cinematic universe to an actress that can be halfway on her contract.
    You say that as if it's impossible for Olsen to extend her contract. RDJ did exactly that with Civil War, he was supposed to "retire" sooner since Downey made noises about leaving. Which Olsen isn't doing. Hemworth isn't going anywhere, either. Sure it does, even if what you're saying is right the X-men being in the MCU isn't contingent on Olsen being there, X-men characters might simply debut on her show. It's like saying Scarlet Witch will cease to exist when Chris Evans leaves since she debuted in Winter Soldier.

and when it comes to create/spearhead a new franchise, they will want fresh actors with completly new contracts that they can rely on for the foreseable future, olsen is not on that stage anymore, so it makes no sense to attach her to a possible conection to a character that hasn't even been casted!
    They do that and with old actors, many of the tv shows are with characters from the movies, from Falcon to War Machine. They didn't just chuck out all the old guard when the big three retired. Olsen is currently in a tv show of her own as a lead and will be in a Dr. Strange sequel, she's not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 01-19-2021 at 12:38 AM.

I'm not really interested in her being attached to Mags or mutants. Just future Avengers related things, if they ever did that. Like West Coast Avengers or something.

Astonishing Member

Oh come on now, Wanda Vision mentioning mutants or magneto does not mean that Wanda has to spearhead the franchise.