Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's what's been said about past stories that showed their behind early. I'm surprised anyone can be optimistic about this character after everything.
    Personally I couldn't give a wet fart for Wanda but it does seem like this story is gonna finally undo that ridiculous petty retcon so if it accomplishes that and also brings Wanda/Pietro and the kids back in the house of Maximoff I'll he happy.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Personally I couldn't give a wet fart for Wanda but it does seem like this story is gonna finally undo that ridiculous petty retcon so if it accomplishes that and also brings Wanda/Pietro and the kids back in the house of Maximoff I'll he happy.
    Well then why are you trying to tell us to wait and see, if you have no idea how things have been? Especially when you don't care for her outside of who she is related to?

We've been waiting for close to 20 years. Wanda and Pietro are already in the House of Maximoff. The retcon didn't really affect Wanda. I care more that she actually has stories in her narrative that don't just use her to forward everyone else's story. And even if she's gone this whole time just to make her a mutant again and Mags' kid, she's still gonna be a plot device. Because all they do with her anymore is retcon her and make her the catalyst for events that she doesn't really get to participate in.

It's also funny to me that there's this idea that if she is a mutant and Mags' kid, then stories will magically start portraying her better. When she was a mutant and Mags' kid when she was wrecked to begin with. Ten of the years she's been treated terrible were when she was still a mutant and his kid. It's most possible that Marvel has no idea what to do with this character outside of the two tropes they keep dragging her through.

I think she died back in 2004. So even if they keep her dead, it wouldn't matter. What would be nice is if they actually did something different and gave her something of her own not dependent on other characters. Since she has been pretty popular on her own in the MCU.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-20-2021 at 01:50 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What I would like to know is if marvel releasing Darkhold, Trial of Magneto and Inferno in the same months has some kind of meaning or itīs just that they only had until that time to do it but well at least Wanda fans can just read Darkhold until ToM is done to see what else will happen with her so thatīs a positive point. I donīt think thereīs a big possibility but I think it would be great if Chton has some hand in ToM and thatīs why the last solicit talks about "something who lurks in the shadows", my guess is that Wanda probably will have a story after ToM that will be out when the MCU releases Dr Strange: Multiverse of Madness because I donīt think itīs a coincidence Dr Strange and Wanda will be dead at the previous months before a blockbuster movie that involves them will be on the big screen.
    i think darkhold was just delayed and is part of a different office so probably not in the plan, but trial and inferno and running almost parallel and if there are no delays should both finish in december, chances are they line up story wise at least a little bit

Chthon would not kill off his earthly vessel that keeps him anchored to this plane of existence. She was always his key to breaking free. It also makes no difference what happens in the MCU. Marvel hasn't really tried to line things up like that for years now. They are still the ones that had Cap be a Nazi during his prime in the MCU and "honor" his anniversary that way. The only major thing they did for him was have a statue of him travel around the US.

Darkhold doesn't even seem to be primarily featuring Wanda. It's just her getting a team together and the one-shots feature a different hero of the team per issue.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-20-2021 at 02:01 AM.

By Ike lla

By firol_fzk
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-20-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So you just admit you only want Wanda as a set piece in your glorious Magnus family?
    And what the heck is "House of Maximoff", she is always a Maximoff before or after the retcon ever since like late 80s?(Like the Official Handbook uses that as her last name.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-20-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    What I would like to know is if marvel releasing Darkhold, Trial of Magneto and Inferno in the same months has some kind of meaning or itīs just that they only had until that time to do it but well at least Wanda fans can just read Darkhold until ToM is done to see what else will happen with her so thatīs a positive point. I donīt think thereīs a big possibility but I think it would be great if Chton has some hand in ToM and thatīs why the last solicit talks about "something who lurks in the shadows", my guess is that Wanda probably will have a story after ToM that will be out when the MCU releases Dr Strange: Multiverse of Madness because I donīt think itīs a coincidence Dr Strange and Wanda will be dead at the previous months before a blockbuster movie that involves them will be on the big screen.
    I sincerely doubt they would use deeper parts of Wanda's own lore in ToM. They cannot even get Wanda/Tommy's reaction to their "family" right.
    And even if they use Chthon it would be a disappointment really, I like Chthon as Wanda's nemesis but again I am tired of Wanda not allowed to face him directly, first time with Django and Avengers is fine, Secret Empire is bad that Wanda herself is not present in any sense or form, and Chthon!Wanda got randomly punched out and driven away. I want both sides to be active and interacting, either just talking or murdering each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So you just admit you only want Wanda as a set piece in your glorious Magnus family?
    And what the heck is "House of Maximoff", she is always a Maximoff before or after the retcon ever since like late 80s?(Like the Official Handbook uses that as her last name.)
    No I'm saying I don't care either way personally. If this story restores her relations with being a mutant as well as her relations with Magneto I'll be a happy camper. That was one of the most interesting aspects of her character her and Pietro.

No I'm saying I don't care either way personally. If this story restores her relations with being a mutant as well as her relations with Magneto I'll be a happy camper. That was one of the most interesting aspects of her character her and Pietro.
    How was it one of the most interesting when it was barely even a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    How was it one of the most interesting when it was barely even a thing?
    On a scale of 1 to HATE how much do you not like Magneto?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He's fine as a character. I just don't like him being Wanda's dad.

Saying the truth about Marvel's lack of having Wanda have anything to do with him or the mutant side isn't hate. It's just stating the truth. I think people like the idea of it more than what's on the pages because there's not a lot there. Other then him tending to her comatose body.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda fans are rightfully upset that she is barely used and when she is it's usually to prop up magneto.
    X-fans are happy with Wanda being in this state if it means more Magneto family stuff which is right in their own way.
    We could have both but Marvel seems inept at doing one right.

It's been this way for a hot minute now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I guess not wanting your fav to be defined by another character is considered hate now?
    Especially when the relationship is always overrated like our previous poster just did?

I'm absolutely fine with her having any relationship to Polaris. And really feel like they'll have characters have connections despite not being blood related.

I just feel like Wanda having the Maximoffs as her actual family is the most natural. Since no matter what the parental retcon, they are the ones that raised her. And it's important for Wanda to have something of her own. Not in the shadow of Magneto.

I liked the twins when they where Mags kids.

But there's not writer that had (not pun intented) write them as individual with independece of Mags.

Wanda has a lil more luck than Pietro in this area. I think that ill be revealed that Moira has something to do with the axis retcon or the House of M event.