Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1446
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed, I love him but this is just weird. I think he would have been better on the Avengers side.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-05-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The book will have a lackluster ending.

Everyone will have to apologyse to Mags for believe that he "Killed" Wanda.

And What about Wanda that her old Nutty self "Suicide her?" how you explain that without sounding crazy as coconuts?

At least i expect the retcon retconned and say something about a spell that makes her "Mags Blood dissapear of her" but she was "under axis" and didnt remenber what she do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

And What about Wanda that her old Nutty self "Suicide her?" how you explain that without sounding crazy as coconuts?

At least i expect the retcon retconned and say something about a spell that makes her "Mags Blood dissapear of her" but she was "under axis" and didnt remenber what she do.
    If that is how it goes it really won't repair the damage between Magneto and characters that should have a degree of trust in him. They may say its repaired and we be told to believe it to be repaired but an assumption of guilt like that based on no real evidence the characters may wave away, but the fans may be a different story after going there. There will probably be a fight between the Avengers and X-Men as the cover suggests to show things are healed, but I am not sure what it comes from.

But, yes the $100 dollar question remaining is what they do in terms of the Axis retcon.

Anyway.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If that is how it goes it really won't repair the damage between Magneto and characters that should have a degree of trust in him. They may say its repaired and we be told to believe it to be repaired but an assumption of guilt like that based on no real evidence the characters may wave away, but the fans may be a different story after going there. There will probably be a fight between the Avengers and X-Men as the cover suggests to show things are healed, but I am not sure what it comes from.

But, yes the $100 dollar question remaining is what they do in terms of the Axis retcon.

Anyway.

Link
    I agree completely, I expect to be told everything is ok again but not much else and the retcon being undone is not a sure thing yet so lest see how they end ToM. At the very least I hope they get over the whole pretender thing.

Some art from Inferno:

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree completely, I expect to be told everything is ok again but not much else and the retcon being undone is not a sure thing yet so lest see how they end ToM. At the very least I hope they get over the whole pretender thing.
    Ironically Wanda has been kept from everything Magnus family for so long that many newer fans are just learning about her parentage or at least the pre-Axis stuff. But, yes the Pretender thing is certainly going down.

If they go down the they are family, but half of them are sort of adopted I am not sure how that will really work out. I don't think it will until they actually finish getting rid of the retcon.

Ironically Wanda has been kept from everything Magnus family for so long that many newer fans are just learning about her parentage or at least the pre-Axis stuff. But, yes the Pretender thing is certainly going down.

If they go down the they are family, but half of them are sort of adopted I am not sure how that will really work out. I don't think it will until they actually finish getting rid of the retcon.
    No, I donīt think the adoption angle will work at all, it could work if the characters shared interaction or a title in which is was easy to see why they consider themselves chosen family without having biological ties but in the case of Wanda, Pietro and Magneto this would not work, first because of the baggage of HoM and the Brotherhood days and second because itīs rare the time they get to interact. This would also be a pretty lousy way for marvel to undo a retcon so painfully obvious motivated by the movies that them just partially keeping it and pretend itīs all part of their main narrative is just underwhelming

No, I donīt think the adoption angle will work at all, it could work if the characters shared interaction or a title in which is was easy to see why they consider themselves chosen family without having biological ties but in the case of Wanda, Pietro and Magneto this would not work, first because of the baggage of HoM and the Brotherhood days and second because itīs rare the time they get to interact. This would also be a pretty lousy way for marvel to undo a retcon so painfully obvious motivated by the movies that them just partially keeping it and pretend itīs all part of their main narrative is just underwhelming
    I agree without the genetic tie them being on separate parts of the franchise and still considering each other family wouldn't work nor pass the smell test.

Some of Lorna's early to mid Genosha writers I think were going with a sort of adopted daughter angle with Lorna in 2000. Remember Magneto's comments, "he sees her like a dark crackling angel, part of him proud, part of him disappointed'. Though, I don't think it would have worked even with them under the same office as they wouldn't have been together enough. And, too many nostalgic fanboy fans want her to be a one note heroine (X) it would have only been a matter of time before a writer decided to end it in a way that couldn't be ignored or forgotten about.

(X) The worst modern examples of that were Bunn and Brubaker. I have had major issues with Leah's run with Lorna though one of the positives is she isn't a generic heroine though one has to read hard to notice.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Ahhh, I think the adoption angle won't work simply because they have actual adoptive parents who actually raised them?

I agree without the genetic tie them being on separate parts of the franchise and still considering each other family wouldn't work nor pass the smell test.
    Exactly

Some of Lorna's early to mid Genosha writers were going with a adopted daughter angle with Lorna in 2000. Remember Magneto's comments, "he sees her like a dark crackling angel, part of him proud, part of him disappointed'. Though, I don't think it would have worked even with them under the same office as they wouldn't have been together enough. And, too many nostalgic fanboy fans want her to be a one note heroine (X) it would have only been a matter of time before a writer decided to end it in a way that couldn't be ignored or forgotten about.
    Yes I remember and when I read it I honestly thought it was a matter of time before they revealed she was also his daughter because that was the relationship they had and he thought of her in the same terms he did Wanda and Pietro but yes, despite being on Genosha they didnīt have as much interaction as they could have and if it was not confirmed they were related, sooner or later someone would have come and erase everything about that time if they didnīt like how it ended or like we saw in canon.

(X) The worst modern examples of that were Bunn and Brubaker. I have had major issues with Leah's run with Lorna though one of the positives is she isn't a generic heroine though one has to read hard to notice.
    I agree sheīs isnīt a generic heroine with Leah and her finally getting her PHD is great but I deeply dislike how she handles her personality, she and Duggan to a point, write her in a way that she seems less experienced than she actually is and would be nice to see her being written with the experience she has.

Yes I remember and when I read it I honestly thought it was a matter of time before they revealed she was also his daughter because that was the relationship they had and he thought of her in the same terms he did Wanda and Pietro but yes, despite being on Genosha they didnīt have as much interaction as they could have and if it was not confirmed they were related, sooner or later someone would have come and erase everything about that time if they didnīt like how it ended or like we saw in canon.
    I am of the opinion if Lorna and Magneto weren't related by the lead up to House of M it wouldn't have happened. The event locked in what the family is for two generations of fans. Even though most of Lorna's writers after M-Day didn't want to touch her parentage with a ten foot pole for quite a few years it wasn't going away as some nostalgic fanboys wanted (because it wasn't that way in X year when I had my nostalgic era reading comics and everything should be just like it was then).

I agree sheīs isnīt a generic heroine with Leah and her finally getting her PHD is great but I deeply dislike how she handles her personality, she and Duggan to a point, write her in a way that she seems less experienced than she actually is and would be nice to see her being written with the experience she has.
    I didn't like Lorna's personality under Leah either and yes she was writing her like a teenage novice who never experienced death until X-Factor #4 and was often fairly easily owned.

I am more happy about Lorna's personality under Duggan, but issue three in particular she came off like a teenage rookie and sounded too youthful as well. We will have to wait and see if that continues. So far Duggan has punted in terms of her motivation and the question of if she is a Xavierite and generic heroine. Issue #5 may at least help to explain the generic heroine question or likely not if she is just fighting mutant apes.

I do wonder if upstairs isn't pressuring the comics to try out templates for a young Lorna for possible future live action. If so the comics would do better to have a time displaced or AU 16 year old version and a thirty year old version as happened with the 05.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247;5805701[B
    ]I am of the opinion if Lorna and Magneto weren't related by the lead up to House of M i[/B]t wouldn't have happened. The event locked in what the family is for two generations of fans. Even though most of Lorna's writers after M-Day didn't want to touch her parentage with a ten foot pole for quite a few years it wasn't going away as many nostalgic fanboys wanted (because it wasn't that way in X year when I had my nostalgic era reading comics and everything should be just like it was then).
    Agreed and I honestly donīt see why they didnīt like her having ties to Magneto, like, even in the case sheīs with Havok it just gives a little more tension to the relationship and a source of conflict for Lorna so yes it was so dissapointing that they completely tried to turn her back into the 90īs Lorna, it was a regression.

I didn't like Lorna's personality under Leah either and yes she was writing her like a 15 year old novice who never experienced death until X-Factor #4 and was often fairly easily owned.

I am more happy about Lorna's personality under Duggan, but issue three in particular she came off like a teenage rookie and sounded too youthful as well. We will have to wait and see if that continues. So far Duggan has punted in terms of her motivation and the question of if she is a Xavierite and generic heroine. Issue #5 may at least help to explain the generic heroine question or likely not if she is just fighting mutant apes.
    Well Duggan had her casually talk about her manipulating the magnetosphere with Scott after he told her that joke about Wanda, that actually made me gasp, didnīt expect her to be so casual about it so I think Duggan does want to give her more of an edge but we will know for sure what else he will do with her until we read X-men #5. I think this comic will give us more of an idea of what his plans for her are or what role she will play in the story.

I do wonder if upstairs isn't pressuring the comics to try out templates for a young Lorna for possible future live action. If so the comics would do better to have a time displaced 16 year old version and a thirty year old version as happened with the 05.
    Agreed If the rumors about the Magnero series are true then marvel may be trying to introduce the idea of a younger Lorna but I agree this would work a lot better in a X-men:First Class type of story than in the main storyline.

Agreed and I honestly donīt see why they didnīt like her having ties to Magneto, like, even in the case sheīs with Havok it just gives a little more tension to the relationship and a source of conflict for Lorna so yes it was so dissapointing that they completely tried to turn her back into the 90īs Lorna, it was a regression.
    They love their nostalgic era to death and want Lorna to fighting for control with Malice or saying don't be a blork with Alex. They don't want change or growth. I have always had the view with such fans that go back and read your old issues then or ask Marvel for more X-Men Legends type stories... don't keep the characters from growing in the regular universe.

I do feel like Lorna as a character has amazing growth as a character from 1992 to 2005 and after that her story fell apart and has never recovered because she lost a central defining motivation for what she is doing and started moving from run to run without a core to who she is or what she believes in. Nor did they even settle on an ethical framework for the character.

Well Duggan had her casually talk about her manipulating the magnetosphere with Scott after he told her that joke about Wanda, that actually made me gasp, didnīt expect her to be so casual about it so I think Duggan does want to give her more of an edge but we will know for sure what else he will do with her until we read X-men #5. I think this comic will give us more of an idea of what his plans for her are or what role she will play in the story.
    She was joking about shifting the magnetic poles when learning they would live in a tree. Leah's Lorna did some dark humor as well such as joking in X-Factor #2 about killing everyone in the building and carrying out the body they were looking for. Dark jokes by themselves don't necessarily mean anything.

I did like Duggan's take on Lorna's reaction to Wanda's death and felt it was more in character then her going emotional feral and charging off to unleash on Magneto without talking to him. Lorna and Wanda should not be best sisters forever right now. Lorna should still be pissed about M-Day or otherwise ambivalent. I would like to see them grow and build something with time, but acting as if all was great between them at this point robs them of a building bridges story and doesn't seem like a natural evolution at all of their relationship from M-Day.

I do hope you are right in terms of X-Men #5 giving us a better idea where Duggan pegs the character philosophically.

Agreed If the rumors about the Magnero series are true then marvel may be trying to introduce the idea of a younger Lorna but I agree this would work a lot better in a X-men:First Class type of story than in the main storyline.
    Just go to AU stories if they want to test out a teenage Lorna for other mediums.

I am jaded at this point because I think Marvel wants Lorna as a generic heroine with daddy and bf issues and occasional bouts of crazy or possession issues. It doesn't work, but they will continue to try to force it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Scarlet Witch's Death Just Set Up Her Ultimate Upgrade
    https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch...eto-old-wanda/

Link

powersofxmen did an interview with the designers of Marvel Ultimate and the second game was originally planned as HoM.

Anyway Wanda art at Disneyland.

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-11-2021 at 07:54 AM.