Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes that would add a lot of complications to the family with Gaia, Set, Chton and Oshtur.

I have a theory the family may be avatars for some of those forces, some taking after Gaia,so they have Earth based/ magnetic powers Magneto and Polaris, some after Chton chaos magic, Wanda, the demiusge Billy and some take after Osthtur who is capable of traveling through space and between dimensions, Speed and Quicksilver. I also like how they are the result of science(X-Gen) and magic interacting together.

Agreed I would like more for Emma and Logan to move on or Jean and Scott talking about why they broke up in the first place imo it was not only the cheating, Phoenix and their dificulties with talking about their issues also had a hand in that so they can avoid it in the future.

Jessica and Luke last because they at least discuss their issues openly and donīt expect the other to just understand them without talking.
    I mean, there are actual characters who are servants/chosen ones of the four Elder Gods(Dr.Strange, Storm, Magik with indirect connection, Namor, Naga, Morgan Le Fay, etc), the family being avatars of the Elder Gods don't really make sense.
    Also if anything Gaea is connected to geokinesis which is not Magneto's power.(Though Elder Gods all display general elemental control power.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-31-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I know itīs just a theory and they are not really magical characters, I just found interesting the analogies that can be made between them and the elder gods given Billy and Wanda relationship with them
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-30-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

All things considered, Thor being Magneto’s great great grandson would probably be awkward

Thank you Juan, nice to see some recognition for Magda.

Of all the women in Erik’s life, there is none he seems to ever love more than Magda. His first wife, and presumably his first love, from before he even became Magneto, Magda and Magneto were together while he was still known as Max Eisenhardt. They escaped from Auschwitz together and lived in the woods. It was there they married and had a daughter named Anya.

When Magda and Anya were killed, Erik’s powers exploded, causing him to be driven from his home. In some stories, Magda survives and gives birth to Wanda and Pietro Maximoff; in other stories, Pietro and Wanda are not her children at all. Regardless, it is losing Magda and Anya that causes Magneto to completely lose his mind, forever traumatized, lost to his rage and grief.
    This is quite true, he never was the same after losing Magda and Anya.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-01-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

My favorite part of Wanda is House of M. Having two babies and losing her mind. It's my favorite part of the comics, but I don't think it happens because it's so dark" - Elizabeth Olsen in 2015.

Never say Never

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    All things considered, Thor being Magneto’s great great grandson would probably be awkward
    And we can now remove that part of the family tree.

Herc and Ares, on the other hand...

X-Men Original Team by Jeremy Roberts

Last edited by juan678; 02-06-2021 at 07:24 AM.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    My favorite part of Wanda is House of M. Having two babies and losing her mind. It's my favorite part of the comics, but I don't think it happens because it's so dark" - Elizabeth Olsen in 2015.

Never say Never

Ah, the days when she had no idea what she is talking about like your average new Wanda fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ah, the days when she had no idea what she is talking about like your average new Wanda fan.
    Liz also doesn't stop to ever think how problematic some of the things she says is. There's nothing to celebrate about that depiction. Not of mental illness, not of Wanda, not of female characters in general.

So far the show has treated things far better than comics by making her an active player and making grief feel human instead of villainous. She was background dressing in HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think Liz likes HoM for the opportunity to play off different emotional states for her character, lest remember at the time she had very limited screen time in the movies and for the most part she was in the background using what little time she had to show off some worried or angry faces so she probably was excited to play in a story centered around the scarlet witch character where she would have to interpret different stages of grieff and given the mcu threatment of the story and lack of X-character it would not be exactly the same as in the comics.

One of the good things Wandavision has shown is how manny emotional states she can show off without breaking character and the differences between the "perfect live" and reality. HoM could have done this too if it had bothered to try to understand more Wandaīs pov and less fight scenes for the sake of it.

But really Wandavision is not HoM I see more similarities to The Vision series and Darker than Scarlet in that Wanda is an active participant of something thatīs not completely under her control and thatīs just a good mystery and fascinating to see. Sheīs bassically Vision from the Vision series here in that she will protect her family at any cost but her conscience is beggining to bother her especially since it was way too convenient for a version of Pietro to Show up at her house just when Vision was about to convince her to let go of that fantasy.

I have been enjoying those chapters a lot and I am happy to see Wanda be in such a unique story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Liz likes HoM for the opportunity to play off different emotional states for her character, lest remember at the time she had very limited screen time in the movies and for the most part she was in the background using what little time she had to show off some worried or angry faces so she probably was excited to play in a story centered around the scarlet witch character where she would have to interpret different stages of grieff and given the mcu threatment of the story and lack of X-character it would not be exactly the same as in the comics.

One of the good things Wandavision has shown is how manny emotional states she can show off without breaking character and the differences between the "perfect live" and reality. HoM could have done this too if it had bothered to try to understand more Wandaīs pov and less fight scenes for the sake of it.

But really Wandavision is not HoM I see more similarities to The Vision series and Darker than Scarlet in that Wanda is an active participant of something thatīs not completely under her control and thatīs just a good mystery and fascinating to see. Sheīs bassically Vision from the Vision series here in that she will protect her family at any cost but her conscience is beggining to bother her especially since it was way too convenient for a version of Pietro to Show up at her house just when Vision was about to convince her to let go of that fantasy.

I have been enjoying those chapters a lot and I am happy to see Wanda be in such a unique story.
    I don't think she realized that most of the time Wanda was catatonic in that story. There was no range because she was asleep. And her HoM version just stood there.

HoM could have been like you said and far better for it, but they just wanted her to usher in the new era of Avengers and depower mutants. It's sad. But I'm glad that so far the show has done better with it. And it is more similar to the stories you stated.

I just honestly need to get to the point where everyone is not being controlled. And the torture it's putting them through. Even Wanda herself. And get to the bottom of how we went from Wanda who was calmly giving comfort about loss after Tony's funeral to now where she's at. Because those are two completely different states of being. And I want to also see the new costume.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.