Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1446

I don't remember if Anya was confirmed as a mutant, but that could be the case for Northstar's daughter Joanne. Although I think they will ignore it, or rather not even bring it up.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, even if she got resurrected, she will most likely be a full-on satelite character, not saying there is anything wrong with that, I am unironically all for another kid to share the burden of family drama.

The blood isn't needed to make us family concept was entirely workable for the comics in that they were close enough in the late 2000s and immediately after that with some finagling they could have made it work relatively seamlessly.

The problem is the storylines after Children's Crusade reverted their relationship to the 90s without any good rationale which was a status quo that Wanda hated him with some background symapthy. The more recent comics didn't do the back work to bring their relationship back to what it was in 2010 it just ignored the stuff in-between.

The films can't do the 'found family' concept the same way. The characters don't have years of history as a family in the first place to fall back on. But, given the Wanda one with the multiverse concept I can think of at least three ways around that off the top of my head each retains the core of movie Wanda. I am not going to spell them out, but I imagine others can think of some of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The blood isn't needed to make us family concept was entirely workable for the comics in that they were close enough in the late 2000s and immediately after that with some finagling they could have made it work relatively seamlessly.

The problem is the storylines after Children's Crusade reverted their relationship to the 90s without any good rationale which was a status quo that Wanda hated him with some background symapthy. The more recent comics didn't do the back work to bring their relationship back to what it was in 2010 it just ignored the stuff in-between.

The films can't do the 'found family' concept the same way. The characters don't have years of history as a family in the first place to fall back on. But, given the Wanda one with the multiverse concept I can think of at least three ways around that off the top of my head each retains the core of movie Wanda. I am not going to spell them out, but I imagine others can think of some of them too.
    We know Wanda is dead in mcu and she ist the Bad Guy of the movie.
    Fix

Fox Wanda and Peters sister IS Not a Bad Guy.
    It can Work

Mcu IS Not good For Wanda
    Last edited by Wallcloud; 12-24-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I could argue their relationship randomly changed in AD/HOM, to the point Cap somehow allowed Magneto to take her at all.

So their relationship jumping back to the 90s is fine with me, even prefered because TCC is literally Wanda in a vulnerable state. And said state is partically inflicted on her due to a Magnus family drama.(HoM) The basis of that development is rather uncomfortable for me, I very much want Busiek Wanda who is confident and secured to interact with Wanda than a scared little girl who needs daddy(ToM). Or put it simply, her interacting/connecting with Magneto should be a conscious choice she can live without, both on-page and off-page, show her as an independent person first really.

Busiek's interpretation sits right with me because it actually took into account the fact her foster parents exist, and she will naturally compare Magneto to Django, who is unironically "the father who made the ultimate sacrifice" for her, it always bothers me most writers ignore Django and by extension Wanda's own emotion and history in favor of the more powerful and popular dad that is Magneto, and hilariously they always depict Sadneto in a corner and stuff, seriously, that's more pathetic than anything emotional in my book.(Both TCC and ToM did this.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    Your speech pattern is pretty SUS, and the sudden disappearnce of another account in these forum doesn't help your case either.
    About your specific statement, you might as well appreciate her beautiful corpse, because you would rather see her molded to an ideal than being actually functional and active.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, I could argue their relationship randomly changed in AD/HOM, to the point Cap somehow allowed Magneto to take her at all.

So their relationship jumping back to the 90s is fine with me, even prefered because TCC is literally Wanda in a vulnerable state. And said state is partically inflicted on her due to a Magnus family drama.(HoM) The basis of that development is rather uncomfortable for me, I very much want Busiek Wanda who is confident and secured to interact with Wanda than a scared little girl who needs daddy(ToM). Or put it simply, her interacting/connecting with Magneto should be a conscious choice she can live without, both on-page and off-page, show her as an independent person first really.

Busiek's interpretation sits right with me because it actually took into account the fact her foster parents exist, and she will naturally compare Magneto to Django, who is unironically "the father who made the ultimate sacrifice" for her, it always bothers me most writers ignore Django and by extension Wanda's own emotion and history in favor of the more powerful and popular dad that is Magneto, and hilariously they always depict Sadneto in a corner and stuff, seriously, that's more pathetic than anything emotional in my book.(Both TCC and ToM did this.)
    I liked TCC and I enjoy it when Magneto shows some sentiment sometimes. I get bored when all the faces he can make is serious or angry
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Wanda outwardly hated him in the 90s to 2000, but inwardly she was more conflicted.

The evolution from HoM to Crusade seemed ok to me. Wanda and Lorna needed more work to get to the current point though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked TCC and I enjoy it when Magneto shows some sentiment sometimes. I get bored when all the faces he can make is serious or angry
    Forgive me for being a heartless monster, but Magneto looking at something and feeling sad is meme worthy to me.
    Probably because I am kinda tired of the strong man tropes. There are some scenarios where I would actually want to see the family dynamic, Englehart's Vision and the Scarlet Witch is an example of it being in Wanda's "home turf", and Magneto is just chilling without engaging in any violence and stuff.
    I am kinda fine with their relationship just being some background phone calls and occasional dinner gathering and daily life stuff. As for their professional life, they should leave each other alone really.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda outwardly hated him in the 90s to 2000, but inwardly she was more conflicted.

The evolution from HoM to Crusade seemed ok to me. Wanda and Lorna needed more work to get to the current point though.
    How about Busiek's Django Maximoff is my father rant? That is some pretty powerful shit IMO.
    And yeah, I prefer Wanda acknowledging the man who actually raised her and died for her.

There wasn't an evolution though because there wasn't really any story in between. It doesn't make sense still to this day why Cap, who knew everything about Magneto would hand Wanda off to him. It doesn't even make sense from a threat perspective. Because the Avengers have faced even bigger threats. It only makes sense from a forced plot for events standpoint. Because things have to be forced to happen now. Which is why I have a huge problem with modern Marvel's relationship development. They don't build them at all. Just have sudden things happen without working up to it. Wanda is suddenly happy to see Mags or the Avengers are willing to trust him without that being earned because the plot calls for it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    They screwed her up, it's very sad to say that.

Extraordinary Member

Depends on how she ends up in MoM, but considering her situation post-HoM, saying MCU is bad for her is like leturing a starving person about how the food is not healthy.
    I know people in this thread probably cared more about her supposed purity than anything else, and said purity isn't even based on the majority of her comic appearances, just a small portion that linked her to the family.
    Next time it will be Avengers comics that is bad for her and Wanda should be bare bone of a character that is only good to play the role of a sad little girl.

I agree that they should resurrect Anya and just replace Wanda's place in X-franchise with her, for everyone's sake.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    They screwed her up, it's very sad to say that.
    Agreed. On the bright side it makes it much easier to not care what will happen to her with MoM.