Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I feel like they were building to something big involving Logan and Landau, Luckman & Lake during the Hama run on Wolverine, and then just suddenly dropped it. Wonder what that was about?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Not that it really matters because of the resurrection protocols, but it's never been explained why Dazzler can't die.
    ??? I never heard this!

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Did they ever show how Psylocke and Jean swapped powers?
    I always wanted this to be followed up on but after almost 20 years, I've def lost interest. Is CC going to use X-Men Legends to tell the story behind the time jump that he never got the chance to? It's not a huge plot thread, but I don't think it was ever explained how Kitty got back to Earth either during that run. They needed her for the issue after Colossus died, and I think they just kinda pretended the lost in space thing never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The mystery of Zaladane’s relationship to Polaris.
    YES great one!

----------------

I think this plot was started but then dropped... but remember when Bishop saw Monet in backlight and had a vision of his mother? I know Malcolm and Randall also had the "M" tattoo (I'm not positive that at that point they had explained specifically that it meant "mutant"), but I thought it was a potential story for her to be revealed as his mother and maybe they had all gotten M tattoos in her honor (maybe she adopted Malcolm and Randall lol). (EDIT: I'm aware that they eventually retconned Gateway as Bishop's ancestor so they'll never follow up on the Monet connection. But it was interesting at the time.)
    Last edited by superjosh; 01-02-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Colossus's son. He had a son with a woman in the savage lands but was never really touched upon. Now that he's living in the Savage Land with that purple hydrokinetic are we gonna see his son interact with him? is his son a mutant or human?

Amazing Member

Not fully just x-specific, but the thread of Havok and Wasp's daughter from Uncanny Avengers was never fully resolved -- it was just sort of swept under the rug during the shambolic Axis crossover that left Havok inverted. Kang had kidnapped her into the time stream, and later Immortus appeared to H and W and stated creepily they could get their daughter back if they conceived at the right time. I'm not so interested in having all of that worked through again, but it seems like a way to further explore Havok's.... psychic trauma/dissociation/inversion ptsd might be for a writer to let him remember he had a child for several years.

Gambit's biological parents/origin revealed/confirmed. Other than Claremont's non-canonical The End series, we don't know for certain in what way he is related to Sinister or the Black Womb project.

Spectacular Member

Not really an unresolved plot but I would love for Leah or anyone to explore the unseen squads of Academy X .

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'll just copy and paste from here.

The coming of Armageddon
    The only X-book written by an actual writer at the time was The All-New, All-Different X-Factor, with Peter David of Hulk-fame launching the new group with X-Factor #71 in 1991. In X-Factor #88 from 1993, X-Factor went to Genosha, the island nation built on mutate slavery. “The Genosha storyline will (…) introduce a major new villain called Armageddon, who is going to be pulling together a lot of story threads, and helping give the entire book more of an underpinning and a feeling of its own backstory,” Peter David announced in Marvel Age #122. “I will also be introducing a new character who will be joining and should be shaking up the mix a good deal – very mysterious extradimensional-type character.”

“There will be things about (this new character) that I think will cause a good deal of debate among the readers. I want to try to add some mystery to the book, but a mystery that can be solved, instead of people just speculating wild theories. (…) I am trying to strike the balance of introducing this mysterious new character – about whom people can actually take some educated guesses – while making the book as fun as possible.”

However, Armageddon and the extradimensional type character never appeared in X-Factor, although it was announced in Marvel Age #124 that X-Factor #91 would feature X-Factor versus Armageddon. Peter David left X-Factor with #89 in 1993 being his final issue.

“When Peter David left X-Factor, he had built up this plot over several issues that introduced this character called Armageddon,” Scott Lobdell told Seriejournalen.dk. “He left, and I wasn’t going to take over, but they asked me if I could come in and do a few issues until they found a writer. I called Peter up and said, “Peter, it looks like you’ve really put a lot of thought into this character. I’d rather you take the character and do what you want with it. I’ll call him something else and I’ll just come up with his motivation based on what I’ve seen.” My understanding is that that character has since shown up in the Hulk, and he has been using him in that way.”

Whomever Scott Lobdell thought of to replace Armageddon with never appeared, leaving readers hanging with an unresolved subplot from X-Factor #89 that featured the first and last appearance of a shadowed and unnamed Armageddon vowing to new Genoshan Director of Genetics, Sasha Ryan: “I swear the day will come that our country will once again be free of the genetic dregs known as mutants!”
    Ah, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Did they ever show how Psylocke and Jean swapped powers?
    I don't know... He kept a lot of things secret because of the six month gap. People complained that that was a cheap way out and others supposedly hated the sudden changes so much they didn't care if it was explained. Plus my reading is sketchy after the X.S.E /House of M days. But from CC's first return to the main X-Books til then I don't remember anything about the power swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nope. Bellona was white-haired, but only because the flawed cloning process made her albino. At no point did Taylor ever establish a connection between the Sisters and the Hooded Woman.
    There were several clones but i guess your right. the line is what made me think it mostly, that sounds like something a clone would say. "i was you, you will be me, we are the same" etc etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

-Ernst being Cassandra Nova, as revealed by Morrison himself, explicitely, in Here Comes Tomorrow. She has the synthetic alien body of the Shi Ar Shapeshifter Cassandra Nova was tricked to possess. Ernst hasn't been seen in Krakoa I think. The alien synthetic body she has would also make her not a mutant.
    -The son of Nurse Annie, a telepath kid, abandoning the mansion possessed by Cassandra Nova.
    -Whatever happened to Cassandra Nova's original body (not the synthetic shiar body she was tricked to possess) in that popular Astonishing Xmen run by the writer of Buffy

Some writer, Hickman hopefully, should make sense of all that

-Something only I care for
    Diamond Lil was killed in Necrosha. Resurrecting her isn't a problem. She was the wife of Madison Jeffries (Wildchild was the bestman in the wedding btw, being all Alpha Flight mutants), their marriage was a mess because he spent most of it kidnapped and brainwashed creating robots for criminal organization like Zodiac or the Weapon X Neverland Concentration Camp. His wife even ended up captured in the concentration camp searching for him.
    Soon after her death, there was an X-Club Mini in which the writer, Spurrier, outed him as being solely sexually attracted to robots and machines, and he ended up making out with Danger.
    I'd like to see their reunion and if they can be together, or if they decide they were never good for each other, or if the sexual attraction to robots is some kind of psychological problem from the long time he spent kidnappend brainwashed creating robots, or living alone with robots.

Ernst being Cassandra Nova is definitely what interests me the most.

I think Cassandra Nova is the strongest "new" villain we had for many many years and setting her up as one of the principle villains for Krakoa would make a lot of sense. She could easily work with a new sentinel program.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Soon after her death, there was an X-Club Mini in which the writer, Spurrier, outed him as being solely sexually attracted to robots and machines, and he ended up making out with Danger.
    I'd like to see their reunion and if they can be together, or if they decide they were never good for each other, or if the sexual attraction to robots is some kind of psychological problem from the long time he spent kidnappend brainwashed creating robots, or living alone with robots.
    I don't know if something is wrong with me that when I saw that the first thing I wanted to do was find this panel lmao

edit: Holy moly I just googled Madison Jefferies and this dude has had sex robots made he is officially my new favorite x-men
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-03-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Not really an unresolved plot but I would love for Leah or anyone to explore the unseen squads of Academy X .
    Yes! I've got all sorts of fanon in my head, like advisor Kitty played D&D with her squad the Paladins, and Iceman's squad, the Excelsiors, ran all over him, because he was a bit too eager to be everyone's friend, but we've heard little or nothing about some of them. For instance, Storm's squad never even got a name, and Gentle is the only confirmed member of it (and maybe Melody Guthrie?).