Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wasn't sure if he only wanted to do one movie or not
    Yeah, I heard he only wanted to do one? If that's the case, he can't be too mad he didn't get to participate in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think they just want Simon to be on the MCU and Vision was a way it could happen but I honestly think his conflictive relationship with his brother is a way better way to introduce him.

Yes I think the irony about Quicksilver is that he´s a person who hardly get along with others and yet in canon he´s the link of the Avengers, Inhumans and X-men almost without trying Yes, his relationship with Wanda is important but they don´t need to be joined at the hip or both avengers to have stories.
    I actually like Vision without the insecurities the link to Simon gave him. He seems way more comfortable within himself. In comics he was mostly the brooding type, that would lash out on occasion. He once did it to Jocasta while she was going through something very heavy and wasn't feeling welcomed on the Avengers. She then disappeared and the Avengers feared the worst. She ended up ok, but it was just a dickish thing for him to do when she was so vulnerable. I'd like for the MCU to avoid stuff like that.

Vision has been much more charming and fun at times (even soul Vision).
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I heard he only wanted to do one? If that's the case, he can't be too mad he didn't get to participate in WandaVision.
    I don't recall ATJ making any comments either way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I actually like Vision without the insecurities the link to Simon gave him. He seems way more comfortable within himself. In comics he was mostly the brooding type, that would lash out on occasion. He once did it to Jocasta while she was going through something very heavy and wasn't feeling welcomed on the Avengers. She then disappeared and the Avengers feared the worst. She ended up ok, but it was just a dickish thing for him to do when she was so vulnerable. I'd like for the MCU to avoid stuff like that.

Vision has been much more charming and fun at times (even soul Vision).
    I guess they've avoided the detached robot route in the MCU

I don't know. He moved on to some other movies. And in an interview said as far as he knew he was gonna be in one film. So that's all he knew was certain. They didn't shock him with that.
    Yeah, I'm happy to hear that ATJ will be participating in that new Rothko biopic. I love Rothko's art, but I HATE biopics. So I probably won't watch it. I'm really weird that way. I'm in the tiny minority of folks who read Walter Tevis's novel the Queen's Gambit but actually haven't watched the Netflix mini-series version of it. LOL! I did remember reading that ATJ would love to reprise the role. But with Peters' version being so popular, I don't think Disney is going to ask ATJ to come back.

Before I go to bed I just wanted to let folks know in this thread I really don't take any pleasure in making Wanda fans upset or anything about my problems for the lack of justice for Westview residents at the end of WandaVision. I just thought it was a shitty thing to make Wanda responsible for what happened there. It's almost sort of irredeemable. And I even though I was THRILLED Wanda got a great costume at the end of the series, I figured this would become a problem as more and more people start talking about this very issue:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-s...riginal-story/

https://www.laineygossip.com/wandavi...s-second/68191

I just don't understand why Marvel Studios thinks Wanda doesn't fully deserve to be the hero she is. I think this fact is slowly dawning on Wanda fans, and I hope it's just as disappointing to them as it is to me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-11-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't recall ATJ making any comments either way
    I vaguely recall saying he would love to come back to play Quicksilver. Don't know about his contract details though.

Ultimate Member

I vaguely recall saying he would love to come back to play Quicksilver. Don't know about his contract details though.
    Ok. It's kinda too bad he didn't get to continue

He said this recently that the door is never closed as a never say never sort of thing. But there wasn't really any anger or anything in his voice.

Yeah, I'm happy to hear that ATJ will be participating in that new Rothko biopic. I love Rothko's art, but I HATE biopics. So I probably won't watch it. I'm really weird that way. I'm in the tiny minority of folks who read Walter Tevis's novel the Queen's Gambit but actually haven't watched the Netflix mini-series version of it. LOL! I did remember reading that ATJ would love to reprise the role. But with Peters' version being so popular, I don't think Disney is going to ask ATJ to come back.

Before I go to bed I just wanted to let folks know in this thread I really don't take any pleasure in making Wanda fans upset or anything about my problems for the lack of justice for Westview residents at the end of WandaVision. I just thought it was a shitty thing to make Wanda responsible for what happened there. It's almost sort of irredeemable. And I even though I was THRILLED Wanda got a great costume at the end of the series, I figured this would become a problem as more and more people start talking about this very issue:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-s...riginal-story/

https://www.laineygossip.com/wandavi...s-second/68191

I just don't understand why Marvel Studios thinks Wanda doesn't fully deserve to be the hero she is. I think this fact is slowly dawning on Wanda fans, and I hope it's just as disappointing to them as it is to me.
    Oh I completely understand and the writing wasn't really the strong part of the show really. By what they did with Agatha and how some things were left underdeveloped or unclear. The acting carried the show. There were some lines that were amazing, but Agatha and Hayward especially weren't developed well. And came off like cheap villains when they could have had so much depth. And I feel like they didn't have quite a hold on who Wanda is, judging by them calling her selfish. And I think this is the problem that post-HoM poses for the character. Because it's all people know of her since it's the easiest to read. But the writers admit they aren't really comics readers outside of what was provided to them.

It's unfortunate that they think the defining trait for Wanda is being saddled with a mistake that cannot be forgiven. But I hope the MCU does a lot better with having her take responsibility after and getting herself back in order. They did at least treat her as more human in this story. And made her central to it (they really had to with it being her show). And the reality makes sense because it's for her family and not a bunch of people she never really knew. The show has a lot of great moments, but I think it was more the actors that made it that great.

Oh I completely understand and the writing wasn't really the strong part of the show really. By what they did with Agatha and how some things were left underdeveloped or unclear. The acting carried the show. There were some lines that were amazing, but Agatha and Hayward especially weren't developed well. And came off like cheap villains when they could have had so much depth. And I feel like they didn't have quite a hold on who Wanda is, judging by them calling her selfish. And I think this is the problem that post-HoM poses for the character. Because it's all people know of her since it's the easiest to read. But the writers admit they aren't really comics readers outside of what was provided to them.

It's unfortunate that they think the defining trait for Wanda is being saddled with a mistake that cannot be forgiven. But I hope the MCU does a lot better with having her take responsibility after and getting herself back in order. They did at least treat her as more human in this story. And made her central to it (they really had to with it being her show). And the reality makes sense because it's for her family and not a bunch of people she never really knew. The show has a lot of great moments, but I think it was more the actors that made it that great.
    You summarized all my grievances with the possibility of a post-HOM Wanda. The last thing I want is for her to become irredeemable to a new generation of Marvel fans on the big screen.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You summarized all my grievances with the possibility of a post-HOM Wanda. The last thing I want is for her to become irredeemable to a new generation of Marvel fans on the big screen.
    On my worse days, I imagine not only a House of M movie that gives rise to a new generation of Wanda haters, but a Son of M TV series to follow it so they can have done with it and bury both twins in ignominy.

Last edited by juan678; 03-12-2021 at 07:31 AM.

So for the Pietro stuff.

PAD's X-factor is the best with him right? Where do i start?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So for the Pietro stuff.

PAD's X-factor is the best with him right? Where do i start?
    My favorite Pietro story is Son of M

Its a great read
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-12-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My favorite Pietro story is Son of M

Its a great read
    Image is broken. I'll look for it tho.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.