Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He doesn´t really have a relationship with his nephews, Wanda said she didn´t want him around her because he was oppresive to her, sure they made up but the fact of the matter is that he´s often written that way when he´s around her and this doesn´t make up for the relationships he lost. Cap and Haweye were more partners than actual friends to him when he was an Avenger. I just think he needs some time with people he likes and who like him back.
    That's a really good point: as a reader, we don't get the impression any of his teammates like him. There are a few panels here and there that could imply his teammates like him, for instance in the short series Avengers Millenium where Spiderman and Hawkeye take him along to a bar (I think). But really it bothers me that the vast majority of on-panel interactions with other characters, everybody seems to mildly hate him. And personally, I've never seen him be particularly annoying. Sure, he is annoying at times, but he also has many good moments, so I don't understand why we rarely see other characters appreciate him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah... and there is also Jean. So yes its a rather old issue of Uncanny as in 30 + years old. But a reference may be nice and then they can hit it off. He did sort of start up a snarky relationship with Gambit in PADs last iteration of X-factor.

That might be one of my favorite Quicksilver scene: somebody he is not related to was actually nice to him. And also, he's awkward there and it's cute. It's one of the most "aaawww" Quicksilver scenes that exists and I even wrote a fanfic based on these pages.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    So IÂ’ve been really digging Quicksilver lately and thought IÂ’d give his comics a read.

Is it just me or does he appear to be very underused? Like heÂ’s only had 2 self titled series and heÂ’s been around for over 60 years!

Is he in any current comics? Also would you say heÂ’s a good character to have as a favourite or are his appearances so lacking that itÂ’s probably better I follow another character?

Just think itÂ’s a shame tbh
    There's also "Son of M", although that's a story about him becoming a villain again. And he plays a major part in Magneto Rex. He's my favorite character simply because I find him the most interesting: I love his sarcastic sense of humor and I enjoyed reading about his inner turmoil of being the son of a villain and wondering if he also was a bad person. I gravitate towards anti-heros, and I think he's got all the ingredients to be a great anti-hero if a good writer wante dto tackle him...I wish Peter David would write a mini series with Pietro. He's like the only writer currently at Marvel that had a great grasp on writing Pietro: he managed to make him a likeable jerk.
    Anyway, he IS severely underutilized so if that's a deal breaker for you, then yes, find another character. On the flipside, because he's underutilized, his story isn't super duper convoluted. I think Wolverine's story is super convoluted, because the guy has been a gazillion books, but at least with Pietro it's pretty easy to keep track of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    There's also "Son of M", although that's a story about him becoming a villain again. And he plays a major part in Magneto Rex. He's my favorite character simply because I find him the most interesting: I love his sarcastic sense of humor and I enjoyed reading about his inner turmoil of being the son of a villain and wondering if he also was a bad person. I gravitate towards anti-heros, and I think he's got all the ingredients to be a great anti-hero if a good writer wante dto tackle him...I wish Peter David would write a mini series with Pietro. He's like the only writer currently at Marvel that had a great grasp on writing Pietro: he managed to make him a likeable jerk.
    Anyway, he IS severely underutilized so if that's a deal breaker for you, then yes, find another character. On the flipside, because he's underutilized, his story isn't super duper convoluted. I think Wolverine's story is super convoluted, because the guy has been a gazillion books, but at least with Pietro it's pretty easy to keep track of it.
    I just wish he had his own ongoing or even was just featured in anything at all...
    Will the upcoming X-Factor with the 90s team be an ongoing thing?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I just wish he had his own ongoing or even was just featured in anything at all...
    Will the upcoming X-Factor with the 90s team be an ongoing thing?
    Unfortunately, ever since Pietro lost his mutant identity, no writer has known what to do with him. He has no purpose to exist now, and seemingly no writer has an interest in creating a new one for him.

The story is supposed to be two issues (#5 and 6) that takes place between issues #75 and 76 of Peter David’s original run.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    That might be one of my favorite Quicksilver scene: somebody he is not related to was actually nice to him. And also, he's awkward there and it's cute. It's one of the most "aaawww" Quicksilver scenes that exists and I even wrote a fanfic based on these pages.
    Yeah its rather beautifully executed and drawn. Even the colors are nice and popping yet also soft.

Another bit I like from that era (whether you agree with it or not):

Of course there is Gambit there and they end up being on X-Factor together years later.

Yeah its rather beautifully executed and drawn. Even the colors are nice and popping yet also soft.

Another bit I like from that era (whether you agree with it or not):

Of course there is Gambit there and they end up being on X-Factor together years later.
    It’s strangely touching seeing Pietro get along with a clone of his father. I wonder what he would think of what Astra did to Joseph and the clones she made of him and Wanda.

His rivalry with Gambit was so good on that book. It’s a shame so much was lost when his paternity was chang.

Spectacular Member

Man, it is great to see Pietro involved in the X-Men again, even though it is through flashbacks. At least Marvel isn't ignoring that history anymore, and pretend he was never a part of the X-Men/X-Factor.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes it´s nice to see him with X-factor and the art looks very good
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ah yes, not only do I get to see our boy once more, but he’s in his boxers. This almost makes up for his long absence.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Crystal and Pietro acting like friends... or something more? Nice art.

Astonishing Member

Crystal and Pietro acting like friends... or something more? Nice art.
    This is when they were married.

Spectacular Member

With the events of X-Factor no. 10 I can’t help but assume that Pietro’s gonna be making some sort of appearance or at least check in…

I’ve always been a fan of Quicksilver in X books as opposed to The Avengers titles.
    Anybody thinks we might get the re-retcon of that “not a mutant atrocity” of 2015?

Incredible Member

With the events of X-Factor no. 10 I can’t help but assume that Pietro’s gonna be making some sort of appearance or at least check in…

I’ve always been a fan of Quicksilver in X books as opposed to The Avengers titles.
    Anybody thinks we might get the re-retcon of that “not a mutant atrocity” of 2015?
    it seems that's the direction they're going but its hard to say right now if it will happen.
    he will more than likely be in the book, hes on a few variant covers so far, he probably shows up for a one on one fight with magneto at some point