Page 80 of 110 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1641
    baumblume

baumblume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think it's VERY premature to say that everybody who we've seen die is not coming back. Alternative versions of dead characters should stay the hell in their own universes and never enter the ones in which they died in. I love characters aging. I think that's one of the best things about the live-action stuff. But as a rule, I oppose characters aging after they've been killed off. I think Scorsese liked the original Raimi Spider-Man movies:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...e-enjoys.html/

So I don't think he's totally opposed to the superhero genre and characters lasting longer than a couple of movies. I heard he really liked Al Pacino in the Godfather movies he watched in the 70s.
    I don't really think there's anything inherently wrong with alt versions of dead characters. As long as it's not overused, it can provide a different kind of story.

And my point is I think Scorsese might not totally get the cinematic universe idea.

baumblume

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    I mean that’s not true. They never referred to him as Fox QS in WV and that’s where your reasoning doesn’t hold up very well. He was apparently “Ralph Bohner” but all the evidence points to him not being “Ralph Bohner”… regardless if it’s intentional or (more likely) typical MCU bad writing, the door is still open for him to Quicksilver.
    It was on the version with commentary for disabled ppl, there they actually presented him as "Fox X-men Quicksilver" so I think he was truly meant to be him, it was just that his scenes post Ralp Bohner reveal were cut, he was supposed to help Monica fight a demon on Agathaīs house along with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't see it being Fox Quicksilver even if Peters sticks around. He was Wanda's current age back in the early eighties. And we don't know if Wanda would be made to be related to Erik. And whereas Deadpool can work with changing his whole background, Fox Quicksilver comes with a lot of connections the MCU may not want. If Peters comes back, it'll probably be as simply a variant of MCU Pietro
    Yes I also think he will be a variant of MCU Pietro in the MoM and if you are talking about Fox Magneto, I would not worry, Fassbender already confirmed he has a contract for the MCU but itīs for a "different orphan" so I donīt think he will appear on MoM. Of course he could just be misdirecting but who knows, we will know when the movie gets there.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed the Falcon and Winter Soldier series left some easter eggs on itīs official page about Madripoor because itīs a mutant location and we even could see the favorite bar of "Patch"(Wolverine) in one of the scenes there, also there was a mutant called Ursa minor on the Black Widow movie, heīs a little known mutant and his powers were not shown but I think the X-men are truly around the corner, my guess is that unlike the FF4 they will be shown on different movies or series before their official movie and itīs possible marvel will do some short series for some of them. Some time ago there was a Magneto series teased so I would love if this is still on their plans, it would be a nice way to shown his story there.

I agree marvel movies are quite light on dramatic content, especially when they use so much jokes that take away from dramatic scenes that should be dramatic like Pietros death was barely noticed but I like the fact it uses characters I enjoy and the interconnected universe. I dont go to see any marvel movie and expect an Scorsese or Coppola movie, I also loved the Godfather the first one is my favorite and I have not seen any other movie of that genre that comes close to it , I donīt think there are a lot of movies that get to their level anyway, so when I want to see their movies I look at the ones already made by them but sometimes I just want to have a good time seeing a fun story with some marvel characters. So I guess it depends on what do you want to see at the cinema and why are you seeing certain movies.

Who knows what will happen I think ATJ was done wrong by Whedon because he expected to have at least three movies and not only that, his death was silly considering his powers and almost no one noticed it besides Wanda but I am happy to see him getting the Kraven part, I think he will do great with that. What will happen in the future, only Feige knows and I think he may have some plans for him.

Agreed
    Yeah, the Godfather rightly deserves it reputation as one of the greatest films of all-time. But to be honest, I figured you were more of an Annie Hall fan (I know you like romances)!

I prefer the Marvel films of the first three phases. They didn't really touch on serious subjects. Nothing even remotely controversial. But you get the sense Marvel Studios wants to be "taken seriously" by the entertainment industry as time goes on. So I think they should treat serious matters with some kind of respect. It's an approach I'm not too big a fan of, because I like escapist fun. And the MCU has been giving it to me for years. If I wanna watch serious content, I'd tune into PBS (which I do by the way). I think ATJ was done wrong. Seeing those old videos on YouTube promoting AoU made me feel SO sorry for him. You could see RDJ, Samuel Jackson, Evans, Ruffalo, Olsen, Bettany, ScarJo, Renner, Hemsworth, Spader and even Whedon having so much fun. It felt like ATJ was not really enjoying himself as much because of what happened to his character. I'm happy that he got the Kraven part. I hope his Sony movies are very successful. He's a good actor. Who knows what plans Feige has for ATJ. I just think it's a bad sign he's not in the What If series. That's why I'm pinning my hopes on Tommy sort of "filling in" for Pietro. I know it's not ideal, but there's a good chance of that happening (although I do think Tommy will be true to his character from the comics as well).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Avengers Origins: The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver

We don't get enough Wanda and Quicksilver in the comics. They're never together, they never team up, they never have combo action moves, which is a shame. A sibling dynamic is what Marvel is missing right now.
    I LOVE seeing Wanda hex those old men, lol! (Originally, they were drawn much older and much less attractive).

Agree, I love seeing the Twins Team-Up to battle some bad guys!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Not only Quicksilver, but ALL of the X-Men had banging costumes in that movie! Alas, not even a glint of it in the next one.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't really think there's anything inherently wrong with alt versions of dead characters. As long as it's not overused, it can provide a different kind of story.

And my point is I think Scorsese might not totally get the cinematic universe idea.
    Yeah, I don't think Scorsese really buys into the cinematic universe idea either. I do think he kinda respects it though. I just think directors like him and Tarantino are fighting to get their movies on big screens, and Marvel (amongst other large entertainment franchises) are denying them access. So I understand why they're mad. I agree with you about alternate versions of dead characters being used. Don't do it too often like they do in the comics!

Hey, now this is pretty cool!

I just hope Marvel starts creating more cartoons on Disney+. Maybe Pietro will have a chance in something like that.

At the very least, create some new stuff on DisneyXD or for their MarvelHQ channel online.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, the Godfather rightly deserves it reputation as one of the greatest film of all-time. But to be honest, I figured you were more of an Annie Hall fan (I know you like romances)!
    I will be honest, unless they are romantic comedies I get bored with romances, I very much prefer mystery, thrillers, adventure or action movies. and I have never been so interested in a movie the way I was with the Godfather, the acting, plot, music, etc is just on another level.

I prefer the Marvel films of the first three phases. They didn't really touch on serious subjects. Nothing even remotely controversial. But you get the sense Marvel Studios wants to be "taken seriously" by the entertainment industry as time goes on. So I think they should treat serious matters with some kind of respect. It's an approach I'm not too big a fan of, because I like escapist fun. And the MCU has been giving it to me for years. If I wanna watch serious content, I'd tune into PBS (which I do by the way).
    I expected this phase to be the same as the others but I was pleasantly surprised by WandaVision, Shang-Chi and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, it looks like the MCU is ready to take some risks and are doing different genres for their series and movies, so I hope this also translates on their management of drama, those moments are very important for people to care about the story and they need their time and place to happen.

I think ATJ was done wrong. Seeing those old videos on YouTube promoting AoU made me feel SO sorry for him. You could see RDJ, Samuel Jackson, Evans, Ruffalo, Olsen, Bettany, ScarJo, Renner, Hemsworth, Spader and even Whedon having so much fun. It felt like ATJ was not really enjoying himself as much because of what happened to his character. I'm happy that he got the Kraven part. I hope his Sony movies are very successful. He's a good actor. Who knows what plans Feige has for ATJ. I just think it's a bad sign he's not in the What If series. That's why I'm pinning my hopes on Tommy sort of "filling in" for Pietro. I know it's not ideal, but there's a good chance of that happening (although I do think Tommy will be true to his character from the comics as well).
    Tommy has a lot less development and story in the comics than Pietro so the MCU has more chance to play with his character but I donīt think they will just exchange one for the other, one of the strongest points of WandaVision was the mention of Pietroīs death just after the twins birth, which made the audience truly sympathize with Wanda so I think he will still have a role in the near future, especially since Feige mentioned Wanda had a "Lot of family members but that Wandavision was going to be about Vision, her and the twins" when asked about MCU Pietro directly. So my mind went inmediately to Pietro being rescued by Crystal and the inhumans,so I think introducing them this way as a call out for the comics would work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I just hope Marvel starts creating more cartoons on Disney+. Maybe Pietro will have a chance in something like that.

At the very least, create some new stuff on DisneyXD or for their MarvelHQ channel online.
    I do think he still has a chance of being on a live action movie but I would also enjoy to see him on an animated cartoon or just one episode of another What if series but honestly what I would like the most would be to see him meet his variant. Peters and ATJ are friends in real life so I think they will have a great time interacting as Quicksilver, just like Loki did on his series
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ultimate Member

It was on the version with commentary for disabled ppl, there they actually presented him as "Fox X-men Quicksilver" so I think he was truly meant to be him, it was just that his scenes post Ralp Bohner reveal were cut, he was supposed to help Monica fight a demon on Agathaīs house along with the kids.

Yes I also think he will be a variant of MCU Pietro in the MoM and if you are talking about Fox Magneto, I would not worry, Fassbender already confirmed he has a contract for the MCU but itīs for a "different orphan" so I donīt think he will appear on MoM. Of course he could just be misdirecting but who knows, we will know when the movie gets there.
    Fassbender is joining the MCU? When did that happen?

I will be honest, unless they are romantic comedies I get bored with romances, I very much prefer mystery, thrillers, adventure or action movies. and I have never been so interested in a movie the way I was with the Godfather, the acting, plot, music, etc is just on another level.

I expected this phase to be the same as the others but I was pleasantly surprised by WandaVision, Shang-Chi and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, it looks like the MCU is ready to take some risks and are doing different genres for their series and movies, so I hope this also translates on their management of drama, those moments are very important for people to care about the story and they need their time and place to happen.

Tommy has a lot less development and story in the comics than Pietro so the MCU has more chance to play with his character but I donīt think they will just exchange one for the other, one of the strongest points of WandaVision was the mention of Pietroīs death just after the twins birth, which made the audience truly sympathize with Wanda so I think he will still have a role in the near future, especially since Feige mentioned Wanda had a "Lot of family members but that Wandavision was going to be about Vision, her and the twins" when asked about MCU Pietro directly. So my mind went inmediately to Pietro being rescued by Crystal and the inhumans,so I think introducing them this way as a call out for the comics would work very well.

I do think he still has a chance of being on a live action movie but I would also enjoy to see him on an animated cartoon or just one episode of another What if series but honestly what I would like the most would be to see him meet his variant. Peters and ATJ are friends in real life so I think they will have a great time interacting as Quicksilver, just like Loki did on his series
    Yeah, I prefer comedies that happen to be romantic too. But humor is a big reason I watch so many tv shows and movies. The MCU has got a lot of it, so that's been great. Godfather was a very special movie. But I liked some of Coppola's stuff from the 80s too...Notably the Outsiders. I appreciate Marvel Studios taking risks. But I think it makes more sense for them to do that through their streaming service. There's just too much pressure for the movies to perform well. Disney can sort of "hide" how well their shows are doing and take some heat off the people involved (to meet high expectations). To ME, I thought it would have been a good time to bring back MCU Pietro after Wanda's confrontation with Monica. He wouldn't be "alive", but more like a construct like Vision. It was a traumatic event for her. But Marvel Studios brought back the more popular Fox version and I understand why they did it. I don't think it's a matter of us liking ATJ to come back. I just kind of resigned myself a long time ago that it wouldn't happen. You hear Idris Elba and Frank Grillo making noises about future appearances as Heimdall and Crossbones. You hear rumors of Peggy Carter coming back too. All characters who died. But crickets from ATJ. That's why I just got this feeling that Tommy is gonna be the only Maximoff speedster in the MCU's future. If the Inhumans get introduced in the MCU, it'll probably be Tommy who interacts with them. At least that's what I think Marvel Studios has got planned for his character. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I prefer comedies that happen to be romantic too. But humor is a big reason I watch so many tv shows and movies. The MCU has got a lot of it, so that's been great. Godfather was a very special movie. But I liked some of Coppola's stuff from the 80s too...Notably the Outsiders.
    I didnīt see the Outsiders but I liked Coppolaīs writting of Superman, wonde how it would have ended if it was directed by him as well and I also enjoy a lot of movies mostly because of the comedy and this was also the first thing I liked about the MCU, I just think they overdo it a little sometimes to the detriment of the story.

I appreciate Marvel Studios taking risks. But I think it makes more sense for them to do that through their streaming service. There's just too much pressure for the movies to perform well. Disney can sort of "hide" how well their shows are doing and take some heat off the people involved (to meet high expectations). To ME, I thought it would have been a good time to bring back MCU Pietro after Wanda's confrontation with Monica. He wouldn't be "alive", but more like a construct like Vision. It was a traumatic event for her. But Marvel Studios brought back the more popular Fox version and I understand why they did it. I don't think it's a matter of us liking ATJ to come back. I just kind of resigned myself a long time ago that it wouldn't happen. You hear Idris Elba and Frank Grillo making noises about future appearances as Heimdall and Crossbones. You hear rumors of Peggy Carter coming back too. All characters who died. But crickets from ATJ. That's why I just got this feeling that Tommy is gonna be the only Maximoff speedster in the MCU's future. If the Inhumans get introduced in the MCU, it'll probably be Tommy who interacts with them. At least that's what I think Marvel Studios has got planned for his character. I could be wrong though.
    Tommy doesnīt have any link at all to the inhumans, he has not even meet Luna and sheīs his actual cousin in the comics so I donīt think, if they get to the MCU, that heīs going to interact with them, I think he will mostly interact with the Young Avengers and Wanda.

I agree WandaVision was the perfect time to bring in MCU Pietro but well they didnīt go there, I am mostly going by what he said about still being open to the idea so it could happen or it could not, time will tell. What I am sure of is that Peter Maximoff will be considered a variant on the MCU.

Yes I also think it may be better for them to take more risks on the series, especially given todays situation but taking a little of them on the movies too would be neccesary at some point, to not risk becoming stale or the audience growing bored with the movies.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 05:12 PM.