Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1641
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, now this is pretty cool!
    I can confirm that action figure is pretty cool in real life. I have it in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I didnīt see the Outsiders but I liked Coppolaīs writting of Superman, wonde how it would have ended if it was directed by him as well and I also enjoy a lot of movies mostly because of the comedy and this was also the first thing I liked about the MCU, I just think they overdo it a little sometimes to the detriment of the story.

Tommy doesnīt have any link at all to the inhumans, he has not even meet Luna and sheīs his actual cousin in the comics so I donīt think, if they get to the MCU, that heīs going to interact with them, I think he will mostly interact with the Young Avengers and Wanda.

I agree WandaVision was the perfect time to bring in MCU Pietro but well they didnīt go there, I am mostly going by what he said about still being open to the idea so it could happen or it could not, time will tell. What I am sure of is that Peter Maximoff will be considered a variant on the MCU.

Yes I also think it may be better for them to take more risks on the series, especially given todays situation but taking a little of them on the movies too would be neccesary at some point, to not risk becoming stale or the audience growing bored with the movies.
    Yeah, they should mix things up in the movies. But television has more time to tell stories so you could do more in that medium. For me it's about characters. I have NEVER felt that Avengers like Black Widow, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch were strong enough to warrant their own standalone films. To a certain degree, I feel the same way about Ant-Man and the Wasp (who have starred in their own movies). I always saw them as strong supporting secondary (say that three times fast) characters rather than main title characters. And I don't consider that a bad thing at all. I think television is the perfect place to tell their stories. So I'm okay with Marvel "A-listers" like Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Hulk, Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four getting their own movies to star in. It would make the most sense to bring in "Fietro" as the new Quicksilver at this point. But my problem with that is that Fox's Quicksilver is NOT Wanda's brother. I would NEVER consider the two of them to be siblings. I didn't mind the Mandarin and Quicksilver fakeouts as much as most people did, but I do think it robbed Billy and Tommy of having any kind of relationship with their uncle. I don't consider Bohner to Billy's and Tommy's uncle either.

Coppola has written and directed several great films. Pity he takes a dim view of superhero films.

Ultimate Member

How is Venom more of a solo a-lister than any of those Avengers you listed?

Anyway, Fox Pietro isn't Wanda's brother, so retconning him into that would be odd

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How is Venom more of a solo a-lister than any of those Avengers you listed?

Anyway, Fox Pietro isn't Wanda's brother, so retconning him into that would be odd
    In my opinion, Venom is probably Marvel's most popular villain. He's probably tied with Joker as the most popular comic book villain in the world in my view (when it comes to films). His movie did better than Wonder Woman (2017) and Spider-Man (2002) in terms of total gross (and both of those films were critical and commercial successes). Definitely A-list. I don't see the other Avengers I listed having his appeal.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, they should mix things up in the movies. But television has more time to tell stories so you could do more in that medium. For me it's about characters. I have NEVER felt that Avengers like Black Widow, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Falcon, War Machine, Vision, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch were strong enough to warrant their own standalone films. To a certain degree, I feel the same way about Ant-Man and the Wasp (who have starred in their own movies). I always saw them as strong supporting secondary (say that three times fast) characters rather than main title characters. And I don't consider that a bad thing at all. I think television is the perfect place to tell their stories. So I'm okay with Marvel "A-listers" like Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Hulk, Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four getting their own movies to star in. It would make the most sense to bring in "Fietro" as the new Quicksilver at this point. But my problem with that is that Fox's Quicksilver is NOT Wanda's brother. I would NEVER consider the two of them to be siblings. I didn't mind the Mandarin and Quicksilver fakeouts as much as most people did, but I do think it robbed Billy and Tommy of having any kind of relationship with their uncle. I don't consider Bohner to Billy's and Tommy's uncle either.

Coppola has written and directed several great films. Pity he takes a dim view of superhero films.
    Feige once said he at first thought that way, that it was better to make movies with "A-list" characters but then he saw that even those were not always enough to keep the audience invested so he went with the sort of risky approach of developing "unknowns" and kind of make the audience get invested in their story or at least have a good time seeing their stories and on this I think he has been very succesful and I agree with him there, when a no comic reader person goes to see a movie they are not thinking on terms of Is this character A list or not? but more like Is this movie interesting or fun to me or not? and would I go see another one like this? So far the response has been Yes, so I think Feige will keep building his interconnected universe this way and add the FF4 and X-men while heīs at it but doesnīt try to categorize the characters into "A, B or C list because this cuts creativity instead of building it.

Now about Pietro, no, I donīt think he will be related to MCU Wanda at all but itīs possible he will have his own story on the MCU, heīs popular because heīs a joy to see using his powers, so I could see him staying on the MCU at least during the time the Multiverse lasts and I also would not like to see him replace MCU Pietro and I donīt think itīs possible for him to do so.

Itīs a pity Coppola doesnīt like superheros because he writes them well, I guess itīs his curse
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I can confirm that action figure is pretty cool in real life. I have it in my collection.
    You are fortunate! Is it brand new? Was it ubber expensive (it look it!)? I really like it. Thanks.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are fortunate! Is it brand new? Was it ubber expensive (it look it!)? I really like it. Thanks.
    It wasn't that expensive at the time. Usually with figures like that they aren't that expensive at release, but since they aren't official they sell out quickly and then resellers jack the price up. These usually only get made of characters that don't have official 1:6 scale figures. Since the X-Men movies don't get merch, they were a common topic for these. I have that figure, DoFP Quicksilver, Apocalypse silver jacket Quicksilver, Deadpool 2 Quicksilver (which came with the Dark Phoenix costume). I would have loved to get the Age of Ultron Quicksilver figure (which WAS official) but I had to chose between him and Scarlet Witch and I didn't have any 1:6 Scarlet Witch stuff (and AoU is my favorite look for her).

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    It wasn't that expensive at the time. Usually with figures like that they aren't that expensive at release, but since they aren't official they sell out quickly and then resellers jack the price up. These usually only get made of characters that don't have official 1:6 scale figures. Since the X-Men movies don't get merch, they were a common topic for these. I have that figure, DoFP Quicksilver, Apocalypse silver jacket Quicksilver, Deadpool 2 Quicksilver (which came with the Dark Phoenix costume). I would have loved to get the Age of Ultron Quicksilver figure (which WAS official) but I had to chose between him and Scarlet Witch and I didn't have any 1:6 Scarlet Witch stuff (and AoU is my favorite look for her).
    Thank you so much for the info! Sounds like you have an amazing collection. I never heard of these figures before.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    In my opinion, Venom is probably Marvel's most popular villain. He's probably tied with Joker as the most popular comic book villain in the world in my view (when it comes to films). His movie did better than Wonder Woman (2017) and Spider-Man (2002) in terms of total gross (and both of those films were critical and commercial successes). Definitely A-list. I don't see the other Avengers I listed having his appeal.
    He's definitely an A-list villain, but not necessarily as much of an A-list solo character. And all those heroes have their own appeal

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Pietro was in green.

Yes. And the fastest frog in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Uncanny-X-Men 335

[/IMG]

Spectacular Member

People are assuming that Peters’ QS was officially confirmed as being fake or Ralph in WV. But need I remind you guys tha nothing was confirmed. “Ralph” himself didn’t confirm his identity and even then, we seem to forget that everything within the Hex was altered to be props so we can’t rely on the documents that Monica saw. Also, Wanda didn’t even flinch at Evan Peters QS in episode 5 although he looked nothing like ATJ

The door is definitely open for Peters to be recasted as QS in the MCU.

Spectacular Member

Agatha's Ralph jokes take on a very disturbing twist when it went from the character being a never seen sitcom character to being her victim. If genders were reversed I feel people would be calling out the sexual assault/rape jokes.

I am sorry, I just cant think too much on anything current. Just all this convolution. If they become mutants again even, It's just too much. I think I will just pretend the whole part where they arent AGAIN did not exist.

[i[
    [[
    [i]

Wanda and Pietro first discover that Magneto is their father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Feige once said he at first thought that way, that it was better to make movies with "A-list" characters but then he saw that even those were not always enough to keep the audience invested so he went with the sort of risky approach of developing "unknowns" and kind of make the audience get invested in their story or at least have a good time seeing their stories and on this I think he has been very succesful and I agree with him there, when a no comic reader person goes to see a movie they are not thinking on terms of Is this character A list or not? but more like Is this movie interesting or fun to me or not? and would I go see another one like this? So far the response has been Yes, so I think Feige will keep building his interconnected universe this way and add the FF4 and X-men while heīs at it but doesnīt try to categorize the characters into "A, B or C list because this cuts creativity instead of building it.

Now about Pietro, no, I donīt think he will be related to MCU Wanda at all but itīs possible he will have his own story on the MCU, heīs popular because heīs a joy to see using his powers, so I could see him staying on the MCU at least during the time the Multiverse lasts and I also would not like to see him replace MCU Pietro and I donīt think itīs possible for him to do so.

Itīs a pity Coppola doesnīt like superheros because he writes them well, I guess itīs his curse
    Also, new A list characters are created. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy. A big part of why people go see movies is the actors or the directors. Of course, good writing helps too. So get the right team to develop the right characters and things will go very well.

Feige also changed his mind movies are different. After an actor leaves or dies, it's not always possible to recast the role. They did not recast Steve Rogers, though there is a new Captain America. So the movies HAVE to develop characters beyond what the 1990s would have considered A list. Marvel's A list Avengers, at least the actors for two of them have lef the MCU and I think this is Chris Hemsworth's last film too.

I would love to see Pietro again real soon, either Evans Peter or Aaron Taylor Johnson.