Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1641
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think they care what other accolades they've earned. They just never give comic book movies anything outside of pre-show awards for like best make up and similar.
    I guess you are right... if they haven't by now.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I love this costume for QS.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

I disagree and dislike the very notion that artists should be in competition with each other. I don't subscribe to the view that actors/actresses and films/shows are "better" than others. Art is an EXTREMELY subjective thing. I've watched movies that are now considered classics which did not get any recognition at all at the time of their releases. And I've seen films which were amply awarded that have clearly not held up over the years. Same thing with performances by actors/actresses. I think these awards shows don't have enough of an appreciation of everybody's talents and performances. Plus, why do folks feel the need to seek the validation of people they don't even know? So no, I don't care at all that WandaVision didn't get any directing, writing, and acting awards. I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters to me. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-22-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I disagree and dislike the very notion that artists should be in competition with each other. I don't subscribe to the view that actors/actresses and films/shows are "better" than others. Art is an EXTREMELY subjective thing. I've watched movies that are now considered classics which did not get any recognition at all at the time of their releases. And I've seen films which were amply awarded that have clearly not held up over the years. Same thing with performances by actors/actresses. I think these awards shows don't have enough of an appreciation of everybody's talents and performances. Plus, why do folks feel the need to seek the validation of people they don't even know? So no, I don't care at all that WandaVision didn't get any directing, writing, and acting awards. I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters to me. Just my two cents.
    It's not about anyone being better than anyone else. I personally wanted to see it get awards to prove to Marvel there was enough there to add another season. Feige at least guarantees more Wanda stuff. But I want it to be more than appearances. And there were several people that wanted a witches road type story for her next venture. With the show having had the best ratings out of the shows, it'd be nice to get more. But if the rumored Midnight Sons thing also happens, I'll be happy with that. There's nothing wrong with wanting the character to reach new heights. And that's not saying that she's then better than anyone else. Just that she'd be getting her due.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It's not about anyone being better than anyone else. I personally wanted to see it get awards to prove to Marvel there was enough there to add another season. Feige at least guarantees more Wanda stuff. But I want it to be more than appearances. And there were several people that wanted a witches road type story for her next venture. With the show having had the best ratings out of the shows, it'd be nice to get more. But if the rumored Midnight Sons thing also happens, I'll be happy with that. There's nothing wrong with wanting the character to reach new heights. And that's not saying that she's then better than anyone else. Just that she'd be getting her due.
    I understand why it would be nice to be recognized by folks that you respect. But I don't like the notion of movies/shows being produced for the sole purpose of winning awards and I don't like the pretentiousness of the entertainment industry. I feel giving awards to artistic endeavors is really corruptive to the art itself. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to Olsen, Bettany and Hahn winning, but if they did, wouldn't it be considered that they are "better" than the other nominees that lost? I don't consider the award winners to be more worthy than they are. As you say, WandaVision had the best ratings of the Marvel Disney Plus stuff. That's a metric that is not subjective. So I don't think Wanda is being overlooked at all. From being a character that was somewhat of an insignificant "side character" in previous movies, she's come SO far in the past few MONTHS alone. She's now rivalling the other magical heroes in the MCU in popularity now. I'm sure Feige will do good things with her regardless of awards. As you mentioned earlier, it's almost impossible for live-action comic book adaptations to get the kinds of awards that you are hoping for. Game of Thrones, Twilight Zone and Star Trek are FAR more likely to get them (I guess they're part of the geek genre?). I do think WandaVision would have had a better chance of winning performance/directing/writing awards, if they had dropped the big CGI-fest in Episode 9. Awards judges just frown on that kind of thing and will NOT take it seriously. How does talking about grief and trauma in a serious way descend (or should I say ascend) into a laser battle in the sky? I've read plenty of online commenters who despite saying they have a strong dislike for superhero properties mentioning that they liked WandaVision A LOT, before it returned to typical superhero shenanigans. I happen to agree with that opinion. Marvel Studios could have EASILY had Wanda do the superhero thing in the Multiverse of Madness later on. Again, just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I understand why it would be nice to be recognized by folks that you respect. But I don't like the notion of movies/shows being produced for the sole purpose of winning awards and I don't like the pretentiousness of the entertainment industry. I feel giving awards to artistic endeavors is really corruptive to the art itself. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to Olsen, Bettany and Hahn winning, but if they did, wouldn't it be considered that they are "better" than the other nominees that lost? I don't consider the award winners to be more worthy than they are. As you say, WandaVision had the best ratings of the Marvel Disney Plus stuff. That's a metric that is not subjective. So I don't think Wanda is being overlooked at all. From being a character that was somewhat of an insignificant "side character" in previous movies, she's come SO far in the past few MONTHS alone. She's now rivalling the other magical heroes in the MCU in popularity now. I'm sure Feige will do good things with her regardless of awards. As you mentioned earlier, it's almost impossible for live-action comic book adaptations to get the kinds of awards that you are hoping for. Game of Thrones, Twilight Zone and Star Trek are FAR more likely to get them (I guess they're part of the geek genre?). I do think WandaVision would have had a better chance of winning performance/directing/writing awards, if they had dropped the big CGI-fest in Episode 9. Awards judges just frown on that kind of thing and will NOT take it seriously. How does talking about grief and trauma in a serious way descend (or should I say ascend) into a laser battle in the sky? I've read plenty of online commenters who despite saying they have a strong dislike for superhero properties mentioning that they liked WandaVision A LOT, before it returned to typical superhero shenanigans. I happen to agree with that opinion. Marvel Studios could have EASILY had Wanda do the superhero thing in the Multiverse of Madness later on. Again, just my two cents.
    It's not even that I respect awards shows. It's that accolades can help in getting companies to produce more of that content.

There's nothing about WandaVision that was produced to just win an award, so that's not really relevant.

Winning an award does not prove anyone better than anyone else. Someone can win an award in a category in one awards show and lose it in another. It's a personal achievement, not a hierarchy.

Wanda is getting acknowledgement from fans. What isn't certain is her future in the MCU. We know there will be more Wanda. How much is not confirmed. Only rumored. And it's not a matter of Feige doing anything for her. But hoping that's not just random appearances in places.

But that's the last I'm gonna say about it in this thread. Because this is Pietro's thread. And I want to be respectful of that character and everyone in his thread. If you want to continue this over in one of Wanda's threads, I'll be more than happy to talk further about it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It's not even that I respect awards shows. It's that accolades can help in getting companies to produce more of that content.

There's nothing about WandaVision that was produced to just win an award, so that's not really relevant.

Winning an award does not prove anyone better than anyone else. Someone can win an award in a category in one awards show and lose it in another. It's a personal achievement, not a hierarchy.

Wanda is getting acknowledgement from fans. What isn't certain is her future in the MCU. We know there will be more Wanda. How much is not confirmed. Only rumored. And it's not a matter of Feige doing anything for her. But hoping that's not just random appearances in places.

But that's the last I'm gonna say about it in this thread. Because this is Pietro's thread. And I want to be respectful of that character and everyone in his thread. If you want to continue this over in one of Wanda's threads, I'll be more than happy to talk further about it.
    Yeah sure, okay.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just read X-Men 3. The story with the High Evolutionary vs. The X-men. It had Luminous. She is Highs daughter and has the powers of both QS and SW. It was pretty cool.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I just read X-Men 3. The story with the High Evolutionary vs. The X-men. It had Luminous. She is Highs daughter and has the powers of both QS and SW. It was pretty cool.

she is rasict to me. dont like her

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume