Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I can see how he was a likeable character. His "Quicksilver-ness" was just not there though. Everything froze in place and he was walking normally moving stuff. I didn't realize the AoU one was hunky, but I liked that he was from a fictional country, with a fictional accent, had a sibling dynamic, and his power set was closer to his comic book counter part.

I don't know if the reveal in WandaVision today was a comment on him to be honest.
    I disagree. I think he had some "Quicksilver-ness". I just rewatched that first scene in "X-Men Days of future past" and Pietro is a bit paranoid (checking the license plate of the X-Men's car), he's impatient (running around doing a bunch of things, talking fast), he's arrogant and mocks Wolverine's claws with "It's cool, but it's disgusting". He also has some experience doing bad things (in this instance, theft) like Quicksilver.

spoilers:
    so Agatha just used a spell on this Fake Pietro, in the next episode it's clear that Wanda will fight Agatha, Westview Vision Will fight the White Vision.

I wonder if Quicksilver would still around fighting since he's just a spell from Agatha
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    spoilers:
    so Agatha just used a spell on this Fake Pietro, in the next episode it's clear that Wanda will fight Agatha, Westview Vision Will fight the White Vision.

I wonder if Quicksilver would still around fighting since he's just a spell from Agatha
    end of spoilers
    I think we'll see:

spoilers:
    Fietro and Monica will fight as I have a feeling he's more than just a spell in the same way that Vision 2.0 is real and will have to fight nuVision. Beyond that I was thinking that Senior Scratchy was Pietro aka Nicholas Scratch and while Wanda and Agatha are going through her memories the scene with Monica and pietro begins.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:

It was a missed opportunity to not bring ATJ back as Pietro in the flashback scene. I was really waiting for it
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

spoilers:
    It has been established that this is definitely not the MCU Pietro returned to life, in his original body or in another body. Beyond that, I can’t be certain who Evan Peters is playing. Is he a townsfolk who was made to believe he was Pietro by Agatha? If so, why not make him look like Aaron Taylor Johnson instead of letting him keep his face? We know she can transmute one being into another, why would changing faces be more difficult? Did she give him super speed to complete the disguise? That speaks to more power than Agatha seems capable of, judging by how envious she sounded when she compares her magic to Wanda’s.

Another question: how did MCU Pietro survive contact with the Infinity Stone? We now know that Wanda survived due to being a witch, and had her magic amplified as a result. Pietro has never been depicted as as a warlock, and I don’t think they’re going to start now. Did he survive due to having an X gene, and his mutation activated to protect him?

I hope the next episode delivers some answers.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I think it´s confirmed they had some sleeping habilities that allowed them to survive, we even have the evidence in Guardians of the Galaxy, those who can stand touching a gem are usually people with hidden habilities.

I actually would like for ATJ to come back and interact with Peter´s Quicksilver.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

After Feige's newest comments, I'm not confident at all in ever seeing ATJ in the role again. But they might be working a way for "Fietro" to be a version of Quicksilver in this universe. Maybe he's a crystalline construct, but the real version will come to this universe.

"That's one of the fun things about developing these things or blue-skying it in the rooms," Feige said (via The Wrap). "My favorite part of the process is always the very, very beginning when we're figuring out what something could be and at the very, very end when we're refining it and putting it out into the world. So there were all sorts of discussions, but I believe we ended up going with what you saw relatively early on in the development process. It's just another way that certain people were messing around with Wanda."
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Is it just me or would SELENE have made a better antagonist for Wandavision than Agatha? Her MCU version really gives me some Selene vibes in episode 8.

I hope Quicksilver stays. I really like the dynamic between Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the series. They really feel like brother and sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Is it just me or would SELENE have made a better antagonist for Wandavision than Agatha? Her MCU version really gives me some Selene vibes in episode 8.

I hope Quicksilver stays. I really like the dynamic between Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the series. They really feel like brother and sister.
    Selene isn't related to Wanda though. I think they merged Agatha with Modred. Who was an antagonist for Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    After Feige's newest comments, I'm not confident at all in ever seeing ATJ in the role again. But they might be working a way for "Fietro" to be a version of Quicksilver in this universe. Maybe he's a crystalline construct, but the real version will come to this universe.

"That's one of the fun things about developing these things or blue-skying it in the rooms," Feige said (via The Wrap). "My favorite part of the process is always the very, very beginning when we're figuring out what something could be and at the very, very end when we're refining it and putting it out into the world. So there were all sorts of discussions, but I believe we ended up going with what you saw relatively early on in the development process. It's just another way that certain people were messing around with Wanda."
    There's no where in that statement that indicates they're keeping the character around.

art by halbarryislife

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Eh, Hungarians love paprika, and grow paprika and have a frightening amount of varieties, why are you so sure they stole it from the Romani?

I’m torn on if I want quicksilver to be from the fox verse. On one hand, I want to get the X-men going in the mcu already, on the other hand, I’d rather have a fresh start. He could go Dover (and I guess Deadpool) most veryoneelse should be new and don’t bring over all the fox stories.
    Oh, I've just read on these threads elsewhere that paprikash was Romani in origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I think some people are getting that vibes because the way Agatha drained those salem Witchess