Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1641
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I am not sure why Marvel likes putting blood splatters in the oddest of places these days. It must be when they wanted to become more family friendly or is it when they wanted everyone else to be more that way. Either way it looks odd.

The Fox Pietro is definitely more like Evo Pietro with the way he is dressed and his personality but 616 Pietro played the Moonlight Sonata on the piano once and I can't see him wearing a Nirvana t-shirt.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-21-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I am not sure why Marvel likes putting blood splatters in the oddest of places these days. It must be when they wanted to become more family friendly or is it when they wanted everyone else to be more that way. Either way it looks odd.

The Fox Pietro is definitely more like Evo Pietro with the way he is dressed and his personality but 616 Pietro played the Moonlight Sonata on the piano once and I can't see him wearing a Nirvana t-shirt.
    I read Pietro in 616 the same way as Evan Peters. I find them pretty similar. They both have this weird balance goofiness and seriousness to them

Ultimate Member

wandavision not winning a single emmy is just karma for playing all the x-men stans by not making evan's character peter maximoff
    I somehow doubt that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    I read Pietro in 616 the same way as Evan Peters. I find them pretty similar. They both have this weird balance goofiness and seriousness to them
    I feel like 616 Pietro tends to be a bit more edgy

wandavision not winning a single emmy is just karma for playing all the x-men stans by not making evan's character peter maximoff
    No Marvel anything has won in major categories. Nerd related anything hardly breaks through Hollywood in a big way. So no, it's not karma.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No Marvel anything has won in major categories. Nerd related anything hardly breaks through Hollywood in a big way. So no, it's not karma.
    Ian was only nominated for LotR's but never Magneto. If you are only talking acting. Some nerd progress - but that was about 20 years ago.

Extraordinary Member

What it has to do with X-Men in the first place.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ian was only nominated for LotR's but never Magneto. If you are only talking acting. Some nerd progress - but that was about 20 years ago.
    I agree nominations are not usually made for comic book characters,unless the stories go a little further than your usual comic book content like Batman by Nolan, Joker, etc. I think given the number of movies that will keep being developed about comic book characters, they probably should have a category of itīs own imo.

So this may be an unpopular oppinion but I donīt think Ian interpretation of Magneto in the X-movies was Oscar worthy, part of the reason those nominations are made imo is because of both the actor and the story beats and plot and the way Singer managed Magnetoīs character on the X-movies was very plain, Ian gave him a little more content but if I count writting alone, the character was very one dimensional in the original trilogy.

Lord of the Rings is not considered a comic book movie even if itīs part of pop culture, because the origin is a novel already worldwide known and appreciated as part of the genre by one of the best ever writers of fantasy and Ianīs performance was excellent there, he did become the character and it showed on the screen.

I thought Wandavision was quite good, the acting was really good as well, I love Agatha especially and Wandaīs conflict and I think if marvel had wrote it more like an stand alone series than a part of the mcu, letting the mystery grow and introduce Agathaīs story as well as Wandaīs past, it probably would have been considered more like a story of itīs own instead of a "comic book series".
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-21-2021 at 08:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

That falls into the hardly category. Rare breakthroughs. But nothing major. Never for comics. They were always treated as a joke. It sucks but it's the way it's been.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree nominations are not usually made for comic book characters,unless the stories go a little further than your usual comic book content like Batman by Nolan, Joker, etc. I think given the number of movies that will keep being developed about comic book characters, they probably should have a category of itīs own imo.

So this may be an unpopular oppinion but I donīt think Ian interpretation of Magneto in the X-movies was Oscar worthy, part of the reason those nominations are made imo is because of both the actor and the story beats and plot and the way Singer managed Magnetoīs character on the X-movies was very plain, Ian gave him a little more content but if I count writting alone, the character was very one dimensional in the original trilogy.

Lord of the Rings is not considered a comic book movie even if itīs part of pop culture, because the origin is a novel already worldwide known and appreciated as part of the genre by one of the best ever writers of fantasy and Ianīs performance was excellent there, he did become the character and it showed on the screen.

I thought Wandavision was quite good, the acting was really good as well, I love Agatha especially and Wandaīs conflict and I think if marvel had wrote it more like an stand alone series than a part of the mcu, letting the mystery grow and introduce Agathaīs story as well as Wandaīs past, it probably would have been considered more like a story of itīs own instead of a "comic book series".
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That falls into the hardly category. Rare breakthroughs. But nothing major. Never for comics. They were always treated as a joke. It sucks but it's the way it's been.
    If Wandas actress were to win an award or the actor the plays Vision would be a landmark for geek films everywhere. Their names escape me. But as far as Visions actor he was already a good actor in starring in academy award winning movies and nominated movies like A Beautiful Mind and Master and Commander. So that he is even starring in a comic film should say something to the Academy right there and he didn't seem to do a less of a job because it was a Marvel movie. Same as Wanda actress. Ian was already well respected but he still didn't win and that's rather dumb just because he is wearing a wizard hat or - now I remember - Paul Bettany is wearing red make-up. Don't really know much about the QS actors. I haven't been following the Avengers MCU much franchise or the Fox Franchise at all since the original Singer films.

If Wandas actress were to win an award or the actor the plays Vision would be a landmark for geek films everywhere. Their names escape me. But as far as Visions actor he was already a good actor in starring in academy award winning movies and nominated movies like A Beautiful Mind and Master and Commander. So that he is even starring in a comic film should say something to the Academy right there and he didn't seem to do a less of a job because it was a Marvel movie. Same as Wanda actress. Ian was already well respected but he still didn't win and that's rather dumb just because he is wearing a wizard hat or - now I remember - Paul Bettany is wearing red make-up. Don't really know much about the QS actors. I haven't been following the Avengers MCU much franchise or the Fox Franchise at all since the original Singer films.
    I don't think they care what other accolades they've earned. They just never give comic book movies anything outside of pre-show awards for like best make up and similar.