Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh absolutely a lot of people love him in the MCU, so hopefully Marvel recognizes that.
    I was talking about something similar in the Vision thread, but why do the creators dislike these characters?

Matt Shakman Director Wandavision

Someone texted me saying, 'You didn't learn from Iron Man 3, with the fake Mandarin', and my first reaction was, 'That was my favorite part of Iron Man 3', with Ben Kingsley coming out of the bathroom and saying, 'no go in there ', and I said, this is incredible. Trevor, the fake Mandarin, was fantastic.

Playing with expectations, changing things, is always fun and what I would say to Marvel fans who are a little disappointed that the X-Men did not appear, that the multiverse did not appear clearly there, is that this is going to come. , clearly they are going to arrive, you have a movie called 'Multiverse of Madness', you have the mutants announced at Comic-Con a year and a half ago, they are going to arrive, and guess who is going to arrive too, The Mandarin, he is also going to come in shang-chi.

Your patience will be rewarded, but what we were doingÂ… yes Aaron Taylor could have been there at the door and I suppose he would have been Agatha's puppet, but we already had a loved one return from the dead with Vision, but it's more importantly what pain does to us, what makes us accept, face, what is unknown to us. Because we are in the stages of grief, she is willing to make a deal with herself in the sense of, I want to get my brother back so I am willing to accept that this is not the face I remember, and at the same time it is a sitcom, he been recast.

I have to say we had something planned for Scratchy, but we didn't because we had a lot of pieces in play at the end. We had a whole sequence where Monica, Darcy, Ralph meet the kids at Agatha's house and they think maybe they should steal the Darkhold from the basement because the kids had seen it when they were downstairs when they were kidnapped by Agatha. And they go downstairs to get the book, they are reaching and the rabbit is placed in front of the book, and the children say it's Scratchy, it's the best, they come to touch it, but then this great transformation of the rabbit into a great demon takes place, and then a Gooney piece happens with all that fun as he tries to escape the rabbit.

We shot it, but we didn't finish the VFXs and whatnot. It was a great sequence, super fun and everyone was great in it, but we ended up putting it aside because it was a huge detour in the middle of everything else that we had going on.

Source

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Being a Quicksilver fan is an act of self-sabotage.

Also, who looked at the Mandarin reveal and thought, what a clever idea I should do that! It was a a profound waste of Ben Kingsley. Marvel had to backpedal: first with revealing there was a true Mandarin after all, and now they’re going to reveal that true Mandarin in the Shang-Chi movie. How could they purposely make that same mistake, but even worse?!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I would kill to see Pietro meeting up with Acolytes again, especially Amelia and Frenzy. He and Amelia seemed to get along, maybe due to Magneto ordering her to protect Pietro. I also think he and Frenzy would agree that Magneto is making a mistake in ever trusting Cortez again. Also, to see him bicker with Cortez at all would be a treat. Pietro would give Max such a tongue lashing about that! He would go on and on about how the old man hadn’t learned his lesson the third time around, the he deserved what he gets.
    "How many times that guy has to betray you for you to learn old man"

I can almost hear Pietro yelling that at Max while Magneto agrees with his but still discussess the issue for old times sake

Yeah, I do think they both care more for each other than they want to admit. But there is a lot of toxic masculinity in how they handle each other. They would need to learn more healthy communication skills and to not immediately fight before they could actually develop the father-son relationship they clearly want.

Absolutely, he cares about him, I love the first thing he did post Axis retcon was made sure Pietro was alive and well and carried him to a safe place before getting back to the main battle, he are talking about Magneto choosing to make sure Pietro is well over defeating Red Skull, that´s the level of care he has for him and I loved that at least that was their last time they saw each other whith both of them aware of it.

I think they really want their relationship to be better and way more healthy the problem is they already have too much baggage to deal with but it´s obvious Max wants to have a relationship with Pietro similar to the one he had with his father and uncle, same with Pietro and DJango. I hope someone at marvel can write them with something approaching that after an issue dealing with them confronting this baggage, that would be awesome, honestly

He’s a classic character with a lot of history and potential to be his own solo character. But he’s rarely handled well on his official home franchise and hasn’t been allowed to stay on his original one for more than a series at a time.

I hope one day that potential is recognized by Marvel. I no longer worry that he might struggle to find a fan base. It seems he’s more popular than I realized, considering how many people are disappointed he still dead in the MCU and nowhere in comics. But what good is that if Marvel never capitalizes on that to give him the push he deserves? If they can’t be bothered to do that for Wanda after the success of WandaVision, the odds of Pietro getting one is next to nothing.
    I think he will be in time, Brian Singer said one of the reasons why he wanted to introduce Peter was because he liked him and his powers and his story is yet to be touched at all in the MCU but he will get his moment
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-08-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Last edited by juan678; 03-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

But apparently he had to die for "Stakes"

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I just finished reading the New York Times interview this article quotes. It squares up with previous interviews stating Evan Peters was envisioned as part of the storyline early on. It also confirms they didn’t think beyond doing a clever twist for its own sake. They never considered Pietro as being importing his own right, so they didn’t hesitate to use him as a cheap red herring.

Ultimate Member

I just finished reading the New York Times interview this article quotes. It squares up with previous interviews stating Evan Peters was envisioned as part of the storyline early on. It also confirms they didn’t think beyond doing a clever twist for its own sake. They never considered Pietro as being importing his own right, so they didn’t hesitate to use him as a cheap red herring.
    that's unfortunate. I doubt though they'd resurrect him, but we could see an alternate universe version

BANNED

Being a Quicksilver fan is an act of self-sabotage.

Also, who looked at the Mandarin reveal and thought, what a clever idea I should do that! It was a a profound waste of Ben Kingsley. Marvel had to backpedal: first with revealing there was a true Mandarin after all, and now they’re going to reveal that true Mandarin in the Shang-Chi movie. How could they purposely make that same mistake, but even worse?!
    It's not neither a mistake or worse because you don't like it.
    Where the show was going with Evans was obvious, especially when looking at all the evidence, at a point you're just complaining that you didn't get what you wanted.

You know what, I'm gonna stop posting in Wanda related threads. I don't wanna be a party pooper and/or rain on anybodys' parades. I think I'm gonna stick around on this thread and be counted as an unhappy Wanda fan. I'm also tired of being accused of not "understanding" what happened in WandaVision, that I'm taking things too seriously when it comes to fictional townspeople being tortured ((I'm really not, the MCU movies have made entire movies devoted to collateral damage caused by battles between heroes and villains), and that my opinion is a minority one. Then when I press further folks say I just hate people enjoying things and am a pseudo-intellectual - that’s a go to one. If the argument was always just a standard “hey I just like kinda mindless Marvel stuff” it’d be way simpler but instead you end up with some ultra rabid fans (and I totally count myself amongst them!) that will defend anything. It's just the constant handwaving that annoys me. Some of those posters are worse than Rambeau! I'm disappointed because Wanda wasn't portrayed well in WandaVision and I don't think she's gonna be treated better in that new Strange movie. And I see more "grief" being piled on to Wanda later on just for drama's sakes. My opinion is this, Wanda should have dealt with MOST of her grief in her own fucking show. But now we're just prolonging the agony for future MCU projects. And I'm saying this as person who LOVED WandaVision's first eight episodes and PARTS of the last half of the ninth one.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's not neither a mistake or worse because you don't like it.
    Where the show was going with Evans was obvious, especially when looking at all the evidence, at a point you're just complaining that you didn't get what you wanted.
    I understand you really enjoyed the show, but that’s an incredibly dismissive way to address the issue. You seem to be under the impression that Quicksilver’s fans are throwing a tantrum because he didn’t come back. If he had never been so much as mentioned in the show, you would have a point.

Instead, from the beginning of the show’s creation, they casted Evan Peters, someone who played Quicksilver in a franchise Disney bought up a while ago, on top of having him play someone claiming to be Quicksilver in their mid-season episode. All while raising the question, is this a version of Quicksilver as loudly as they can both in and out of the show? They even kept the reveal of him being Ralph Boehner until the end.

That’s not seeing things that aren’t there. That’s seeing the bait put to attract people to watch the show even if they’re not interested in the premise of Avengers in sitcoms. Viewers mainly came in when Evan Peters was shown. The writers knew what they were doing, but didn’t anticipate the backlash from people thinking it was ridiculous and insulting when the dick joke it was revealed. All the more for having little to no impact on the plot. The writers even admit they could have just gone with Aaron Taylor Johnson, but wanted Evan Peters for the buzz. And people saw through that, and are saying so.

That’s why it was a mistake. You can make mistakes and not acknowledge they were. It’s how you keep making them. Like Marvel repeating the Mandarin reveal again. Marvel had to backpedal with the IM3 DVD extra that retconned in a real Mandarin, that’s how poorly it was received.

I understand you really enjoyed the show, but that’s an incredibly dismissive way to address the issue. You seem to be under the impression that Quicksilver’s fans are throwing a tantrum because he didn’t come back. If he had never been so much as mentioned in the show, you would have a point.

Instead, from the beginning of the show’s creation, they casted Evan Peters, someone who played Quicksilver in a franchise Disney bought up a while ago, on top of having him play someone claiming to be Quicksilver in their mid-season episode. All while raising the question, is this a version of Quicksilver as loudly as they can both in and out of the show? They even kept the reveal of him being Ralph Boehner until the end.

That’s not seeing things that aren’t there. That’s seeing the bait put to attract people to watch the show even if they’re not interested in the premise of Avengers in sitcoms. Viewers mainly came in when Evan Peters was shown. The writers knew what they were doing, but didn’t anticipate the backlash from people thinking it was ridiculous and insulting when the dick joke it was revealed. All the more for having little to no impact on the plot. The writers even admit they could have just gone with Aaron Taylor Johnson, but wanted Evan Peters for the buzz. And people saw through that, and are saying so.

That’s why it was a mistake. You can make mistakes and not acknowledge they were. It’s how you keep making them. Like Marvel repeating the Mandarin reveal again. Marvel had to backpedal with the IM3 DVD extra that retconned in a real Mandarin, that’s how poorly it was received.
    I have to admit that I personally thought the troll about "Fietro" was HILARIOUS and very clever. But I can also say it was INCREDIBLY cynical and showed a great deal of contempt for Pietro fans (which I really didn't like). In retrospect, like teapartyofthedead said, they should have just focused on Wanda, Vision and the twins in episode 6 instead of trying to be cute with the whole Fietro "reveal. The show could have even focused on Monica a bit to explore why she was defending Wanda so vigorously (many viewers were not convinced by her sudden advocacy for Wanda halfway through the show).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-09-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You know what, I'm gonna stop posting in Wanda and Vision related threads. I don't wanna be a party pooper and/or rain on anybody's parades. I think I'm gonna stick around on this thread and be counted as an unhappy Wanda fan. I'm also tired of being accused of not "understanding" what happened in WandaVision, that I'm taking things too seriously when it comes to fictional townspeople being tortured ((I'm really not, the MCU movies have made entire movies devoted to collateral damage caused by battles between heroes and villains), and that my opinion is a minority one. Then when I press further folks say I just hate people enjoying things and are a pseudo-intellectual - that’s a go to one. If the argument was always just a standard “hey I just like kinda mindless Marvel stuff” it’d be way simpler but instead you end up with some ultra rabid fans (and I totally count myself amongst them!) that will defend anything. It's just the constant handwaving that annoys me. Some of those posters are worse than Rambeau! I'm disappointed because Wanda wasn't portrayed well in WandaVision and I don't think she's gonna be treated better in that new Strange movie. And I see more "grief" being piled on to Wanda later on just for drama's sakes. My opinion is this, Wanda should have dealt with MOST of her grief in her own fucking show. But now we're just prolonging the agony for future MCU projects. And I'm saying this as person who LOVED WandaVision's first eight episodes and the last half of the ninth one.
    I totally get that. Sometimes it feels like I’m trying to point to trouble, but I’m told I’m either imagining things or secretly a hater. No, I just happen to have a dissenting viewpoint.

I’m also worried Wanda is going to be the villain to Strange’s hero. The viewpoint that Wanda was allowed to leave without facing justice is already making the rounds with critics. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...uture-spoilers

I’m also less than optimistic about Pietro’s chances in movies or comics. Marvel simply has no idea how to use him, even if they wanted to.

Ultimate Member

can't they learn from DC. They have several versions of the Flash

BANNED

And this is exactly what I mean.
    What the show was doing with the character was obvious especially with the metaplot of sitcoms, the writing was on the wall, its not a mistake simply because it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.
    Anyone who didn't see what was happening from a mile away only has themselves to blame.