Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1641
    Ultimate Member

I could see Peters return but that's probably only because his version of Quicksilver was generally liked. Idk if I could say the same for a lot of other Fox-Men actors

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes but Cable and Deadpool didnīt already have a place on the MCU so they can just jump in to become part of the MCU and itīs great because they nailed their characters really well but this is not the case of Pietro. As far as the MCU has shown Evan Peters Pietro is Fox Quicksilver, so if he stays I expect him to stay as that, not as the new MCU Pietro.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

I don't see it being Fox Quicksilver even if Peters sticks around. He was Wanda's current age back in the early eighties. And we don't know if Wanda would be made to be related to Erik. And whereas Deadpool can work with changing his whole background, Fox Quicksilver comes with a lot of connections the MCU may not want. If Peters comes back, it'll probably be as simply a variant of MCU Pietro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Heīs not anti fox X-men at all, in fact his first work on super hero movies was over X-men by Fox and he openly has said he loves the X-men, he just didnīt like that Fox didnīt made much use of the X-men story when they developed the characters and it shows in the movies so he wants the MCU X-men to be itīs own thing, in part thatīs why heīs taking time to introduce them properly,thatīs all and Evan Peters does make a great Quicksilver but even inside story it was left clear he wasnīt meant to take MCU Pietroīs place.
    Yeah I think he wants to slowly develop them. People forget that they started planning the MCU long before the first movies. They just weren't sure it was gonna do well. So they did one movie at a time hoping it'd take off. But Feige had plans. And he said he has plans for X-Men. And that was a little over a year ago. He mentioned it's not soon. In about five years. So I think after they are done with this phase. I think we'll start to see X-Men teased.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I liked some of the stuff Scorsese and Spielberg did back in the day, but I was always more of a Coppola and Woody Allen guy. But I agree with Scorsese when he said that Marvel movies lack "emotional danger". And that's because of the way they treat death. In most cultures, death is a very somber and sacred thing. I treat it that way myself. It is my strong preference that even superhero movies and shows regard death with great respect. Feige resurrecting dead characters faster than Romero could ever dream of is not a my favored approach to storytelling. Bring the characters back in What If, cartoons, video games, novels and comic books, sure. But I confess to being annoyed when I hear rumors of Crossbones, Peggy Carter, and Heimdall coming back through time travel/multiversal shenanigans. I thought the MCU was about forward momentum. Why are we going back? That's a HUGE step backwards from where I stand. Why can't things just "end"? I had my problems with Endgame, but I liked it because it had an ENDING. Endings have potency. I'm absolutely certain that if Iron Man and Cap continued on after Endgame, that movie would have not been nearly successful as it was. I think general audiences like stories with beginnings, middles and endings. I think comic book fans sort of don't understand this concept too well sometimes (I don't mean that as an insult by the way). And I think it's okay to reboot the characters we've seen in the MCU after some time. I have no problem with that. But it's too soon for me to do that right NOW (in my opinion).

I don't wanna see ATJ as a speedster in his 40s. His age was perfect in AoU. Mid-twenties is a good age for that kind of character (in my view). I actually really liked his portrayal of Quicksilver (more than his comic book version). To me, it'll look stupid if he plays Kraven for a few years, then comes back as Quicksilver more than a decade after his death in AoU. I think that's ridiculous. And I doubt Olsen will be still around by then. I suppose they could bring back Peters, but to me he just wouldn't be her brother.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't see it being Fox Quicksilver even if Peters sticks around. He was Wanda's current age back in the early eighties.
    The year it is in the Fox movie universe doesn't matter. We have seen with Spider-Man Noir, both in comics and in the Spider-Verse movie, that a character can be taken from a universe that's set in a different year. Neither of them had to bother with an explanation why it was different years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't wanna see ATJ as a speedster in his 40s. His age was perfect in AoU. Mid-twenties is a good age for that kind of character (in my view).

As
    Why can't a speedster be in their 40s or older? Jay Garrick does it.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    Why can't a speedster be in their 40s or older? Jay Garrick does it.
    I like speedsters who are kind of rash, reckless, impulsive and immature. To me, folks in their twenties and thirties are PERFECT for playing speedsters. Once they're over forty, people become wise, even cynical. ATJ was great in AoU because of his age, now he's a father in real life. It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Good thing he’s an actor who can play characters who don’t necessarily reflect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Good thing he’s an actor who can play characters who don’t necessarily reflect themselves.
    Sure, but I think the logistics of bringing him back would be very complicated. ATJ playing Kraven for me, signified the end of any chances of him coming back as Quicksilver. I've even heard nasty rumors that his much older wife "groomed" him (and Disney didn't want him back because of that). They didn't even bring ATJ back for the What If series!!! They brought back dead characters such as Crossbones, the Ancient One, Thanos, Coulson, and Killmonger using their live-action counterparts as voice actors. They could have easily done the same with ATJ's Quicksilver. That's why I'm bearish on MCU Pietro coming back. And that's also why I'm putting all my Quicksilver "eggs" in the Tommy basket.

baumblume

He is a Babe

Ultimate Member

I liked some of the stuff Scorsese and Spielberg did back in the day, but I was always more of a Coppola and Woody Allen guy. But I agree with Scorsese when he said that Marvel movies lack "emotional danger". And that's because of the way they treat death. In most cultures, death is a very somber and sacred thing. I treat it that way myself. It is my strong preference that even superhero movies and shows regard death with great respect. Feige resurrecting dead characters faster than Romero could ever dream of is not a my favored approach to storytelling. Bring the characters back in What If, cartoons, video games, novels and comic books, sure. But I confess to being annoyed when I hear rumors of Crossbones, Peggy Carter, and Heimdall coming back through time travel/multiversal shenanigans. I thought the MCU was about forward momentum. Why are we going back? That's a HUGE step backwards from where I stand. Why can't things just "end"? I had my problems with Endgame, but I liked it because it had an ENDING. Endings have potency. I'm absolutely certain that if Iron Man and Cap continued on after Endgame, that movie would have not been nearly successful as it was. I think general audiences like stories with beginnings, middles and endings. I think comic book fans sort of don't understand this concept too well sometimes (I don't mean that as an insult by the way). And I think it's okay to reboot the characters we've seen in the MCU after some time. I have no problem with that. But it's too soon for me to do that right NOW (in my opinion).
    I think people overreact to these concepts. It's not like everyone who dies is coming back. And having alt-versions of dead characters isn't inherently bad either.

And I don't think Scorsese gets the idea of characters actually continuing for several movies.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    The year it is in the Fox movie universe doesn't matter. We have seen with Spider-Man Noir, both in comics and in the Spider-Verse movie, that a character can be taken from a universe that's set in a different year. Neither of them had to bother with an explanation why it was different years.
    yeah but the weird decade-hopping slow-aging thing from the Fox-Men isn't something I want brought into the MCU

I like speedsters who are kind of rash, reckless, impulsive and immature. To me, folks in their twenties and thirties are PERFECT for playing speedsters. Once they're over forty, people become wise, even cynical. ATJ was great in AoU because of his age, now he's a father in real life. It just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    I think that's pigeonholing characters into too restrictive of a box. Characters should allowed to age. I don't get why you'd want characters staying dead, but not aging

baumblume

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think people overreact to these concepts. It's not like everyone who dies is coming back. And having alt-versions of dead characters isn't inherently bad either.

And I don't think Scorsese gets the idea of characters actually continuing for several movies.

yeah but the weird decade-hopping slow-aging thing from the Fox-Men isn't something I want brought into the MCU

I think that's pigeonholing characters into too restrictive of a box. Characters should allowed to age. I don't get why you'd want characters staying dead, but not aging
    I think it's VERY premature to say that everybody who we've seen die is not coming back. Alternative versions of dead characters should stay the hell in their own universes and never enter the ones in which they died in. I love characters aging. I think that's one of the best things about the live-action stuff. But as a rule, I oppose characters aging after they've been killed off. I think Scorsese liked the original Raimi Spider-Man movies:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...e-enjoys.html/

So I don't think he's totally opposed to the superhero genre and characters lasting longer than a couple of movies. I heard he really liked Al Pacino in the Godfather movies he watched in the 70s.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 10:54 AM.