Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Keep the good stuff, discard the garbage.
    And modify semi-good stuff enough to fit a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    And modify semi-good stuff enough to fit a movie
    Yes. I agree with that. Because even as comic book fans would say, a lot of stuff from the comics are absolute HOT GARBAGE.

Ultimate Member

Yes. I agree with that. Because even as comic book fans would say, a lot of stuff from the comics are absolute HOT GARBAGE.
    I think the static timeline is one thing which doesn't work in the movies, although it seems the XCU tried that

Extraordinary Member

Quicksilver Mistreatment by Marvel Studios Outrages Fans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Quicksilver Mistreatment by Marvel Studios Outrages Fans
    Not unreasonable to be miffed at how the character was treated. While I didn't want XCU Pietro to be in the MCU, I hated how he was wasted in AoU, like a chump in the streets.

Not sure if he'll ever return

Astonishing Member

Although the identity was kind of there cause his real name "Ralph" was used by Agatha a lot. There are pleanty of ways for him to come back, and since it really did feel like WV was hammering ATJ one is the real one, if he does come back it will be him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Although the identity was kind of there cause his real name "Ralph" was used by Agatha a lot. There are pleanty of ways for him to come back, and since it really did feel like WV was hammering ATJ one is the real one, if he does come back it will be him.
    I've suggested elsewhere he come from an alternate universe, in a What If? type scenario

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Marvel would need to see the fan outrage being translated into potential financial gain if they give in (like the Mandarin retcon leading to the Shang-Chi movie) to even consider bringing back a version of Quicksilver. I genuinely hope they do decide to change how they use Pietro (or not) in the MCU. Because as it is, we’re certainly not seeing him in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Marvel would need to see the fan outrage being translated into potential financial gain if they give in (like the Mandarin retcon leading to the Shang-Chi movie) to even consider bringing back a version of Quicksilver. I genuinely hope they do decide to change how they use Pietro (or not) in the MCU. Because as it is, we’re certainly not seeing him in the comics.
    I could see something like that. They've been reactionary towards such fan responses in the past.

I hope at least they do good with speed

I think Marvel Studios is TOTALLY banking on making Tommy the "new" Quicksilver. If he is just a younger version of Pietro or Fietro, I think many MCU fans will "forgive" Marvel Studios for treating Quicksilver so terribly. I could even see Disney taking Pietro's most famous stories and giving them over to Tommy. Because from what I understand, Tommy is even less utilized by the publishing branch of Marvel than Pietro is!

Ultimate Member

I think Marvel Studios is TOTALLY banking on making Tommy the "new" Quicksilver. If he is just a younger version of Pietro or Fietro, I think many MCU fans will "forgive" Marvel Studios for treating Quicksilver so terribly. I could even see Disney taking Pietro's most famous stories and giving them over to Tommy. Because from what I understand, Tommy is even less utilized by the publishing branch of Marvel than Pietro is!
    I can see it happening but having both would be nice

I can see it happening but having both would be nice
    Yeah, it WOULD be nice. But I think that's just me being greedy.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it WOULD be nice. But I think that's just me being greedy.
    I don't think it's necessarily greedy. I mean we're going to have 3 Iron-people, 5 Ant-people, a bunch of Captains America and both Scarlet Witch and Wiccan. 2 Quicksilvers isn't greedy

I don't think it's necessarily greedy. I mean we're going to have 3 Iron-people, 5 Ant-people, a bunch of Captains America and both Scarlet Witch and Wiccan. 2 Quicksilvers isn't greedy
    Possibly three Maximoff speedsters if fans demand it! I think that's asking for a lot.

Ultimate Member

Possibly three Maximoff speedsters if fans demand it! I think that's asking for a lot.
    Who's the third?