Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1641

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't that because the comics don't do enough with Wiccan?
    I don't get what you're saying in the context to my post?

baumblume

i don't like Englehart he is a racist against Roma –

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if anyone's asking for 1 to 1 adaptation. But when the changes are worse, people should complain. The 'I can just read the comics' is a a fallacy IMO. To some extent, I watch these movies to see familiar characters be adapted. I'm open to improvements but they actually have to be improvements (like dumping secret identities) and not like wasting Pietro

I agree WandaVision would've been a good place to bring him back
    I think Marvel Studios has made some bad decisions, I agree with you there. But some of those unsuccessful choices were not entirely their fault. I mean the whole thing with Quicksilver was basically FOX being assholes and using that character when they knew Disney wanted to. So I understood why Feige and company quickly got rid of their version. We can't even have a solo Hulk movie because Universal are being dicks when it comes to distribution. The MCU had to alter Spider-Man to such a degree to differentiate from Sony's previous one thousand movies about that character. I even get why Marvel changed the Mandarin and the Ancient One for the movies. They didn't wanna do the "Yellow Peril" thing, and I applaud them for avoiding racist tropes. I even thought the Mandarin and Quicksilver "twists" could be justified as creative choices. I DON'T think the Sharon Carter and Taskmaster "reveals" could be. Those were just plain dumb and made absolutely no sense at all to me. But I kinda want the MCU to stick to their choices. I don't wanna have the movies and shows be like the comic books with their constant retcons, reboots and resurrections. Comic readers are used to those things, but a big reason why I stopped reading comics is because of that. The Russo Brothers basically said themselves if comic books fans didn't like their interpretation of the Infinity Saga, they could continue to enjoy the comic books. I don't think Disney is TRYING to make bad adaptations. I think the majority of the MCU stuff has kept close enough to the comics. And I believe most comic book fans are content with what's happened so far. I don’t think the quality of MCU movies/shows should be judged on how similar they are to the comics.

I'm actually looking forward to the Hawkeye show. I'm VERY surprised to be saying that. Because like most folks, I don't really like how the MCU's adapted Clint in the movies so far. He spends WAY too much time on his farm doing absolutely nothing. But unlike most people, I think Phase 4 has been a Phase BORE so far. I believe Shang-Chi and Hawkeye could see a return to what made me like the MCU in the first place. I disagree with statements saying Hawkeye is not deserving of his own series while Quicksilver is. Clint has a fanbase in the MCU and lots of comic book fans love him (I'm a fan). Characters should be treated equally in this movie/television universe. That's why I had a beef with Pietro not getting ANYTHING to star in so far. I think all of the Avengers from the first three phases have their own projects now, and Quicksilver doesn't. That's extremely disappointing in my view. But as journey said, I DON'T think ATJ or Peters are coming back as Quicksilver. So I think the MCU should focus on Tommy right now.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-26-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Ralph Bohner is not their uncle. He was just a guy that was manipulated by Agatha. He's gone back to his regular life.

I think the decision to get rid of Pietro was done by Whedon long ago. And probably was never linked to Tommy. Because if they were going by replacements, they'd have also killed off Wanda so Billy could take her place.
    I don't think Whedon killing Pietro had anything to do with Tommy either. I agree with you there. I'm not familiar with the Young Avengers at all, but from what I understand there's QUITE a bit of difference between Wanda and Billy. Does Billy even do the whole Hex thing? From what I understand, he's got a totally different personality than Wanda's. In WandaVision, they kinda made Fietro and Tommy sorta similar. So why duplicate them? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-26-2021 at 12:26 PM.

These are some comments which I absolutely concur with:

"This is why the comic fans of the MCU fanbase sometimes grate on me a bit. It's obvious most fans are comic fans but there lies the problem, they view the MCU as just adaptations of the comics they love and want to see on the big screen. The MCU is first and foremost a CINEMATIC experience. Hence why it's the Marvel CINEMATIC Universe. Storytelling in the two mediums vary quite a bit and this is why my jaw drops whenever people start talking about phases 6, 7, 8 or so on. Unlike comics, the MCU needs permanent stakes and consequences. Permanent stakes and consequences also mean everlasting changes to the world and not just resetting everything to the status quo like a lot of comics do at the end of each run.

Resetting everything to the status quo allows the comics to run for decades on end but with the MCU's permanent changes, it really just gradually makes it harder and harder for newcomers to get in if the story gets longer, more convoluted or interconnected. It's not like the comics where you can just pick up issue 1 of a new run and more or less understand everything going on.

I really wish some comic fans would actually respect what kind of effort goes into storytelling in film and respect the MCU on it's own merits instead of just treating it as their comic adaptation wish fulfillment."

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't think Whedon killing Pietro had anything to do with Tommy either. I agree with you there. I'm not familiar with the Young Avengers at all, but from what I understand there's QUITE a bit of difference between Wanda and Billy. Does Billy even do the whole Hex thing? From what I understand, he's got totally different personality than Wanda's. In WandaVision, they kinda made Fietro and Tommy sorta similar. So why duplicate them? I don't get it.
    Both have reality warping. Billy is the Demiurge though. So he is the being that created the elder gods. He created Chthon who gave Wanda her powers. I'm not sure how this works but, yeah same powers. Just more powerful.

Tommy and Pietro also don't have the same personality. Despite Tommy's earlier grumpiness, he is more easy going than Pietro.

Pietro wasn't in WandaVision. A fakeout was.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think Marvel Studios has made some bad decisions, I agree with you there. But some of those unsuccessful choices were not entirely their fault. I mean the whole thing with Quicksilver was basically FOX being assholes and using that character when they knew Disney wanted to. So I understood why Feige and company quickly got rid of their version. We can't even have a solo Hulk movie because Universal are being dicks when it comes to distribution. The MCU had to alter Spider-Man to such a degree to differentiate from Sony's previous one thousand movies about that character. I even get why Marvel changed the Mandarin and the Ancient One for the movies. They didn't wanna do the "Yellow Peril" thing, and I applaud them for avoiding racist tropes. I even thought the Mandarin and Quicksilver "twists" could be justified as creative choices. I DON'T think the Sharon Carter and Taskmaster "reveals" could be. Those were just plain dumb and made absolutely no sense at all to me. But I kinda want the MCU to stick to their choices. I don't wanna have the movies and shows be like the comic books with their constant retcons, reboots and resurrections. Comic readers are used to those things, but a big reason why I stopped reading comics is because of that. The Russo Brothers basically said themselves if comic books fans didn't like their interpretation of the Infinity Saga, they could continue to enjoy the comic books. I don't think Disney is TRYING to make bad adaptations. I think the majority of the MCU stuff has kept close enough to the comics. And I believe most comic book fans are content with what's happened so far. I don’t think the quality of MCU movies/shows should be judged on how similar they are to the comics.

I'm actually looking forward to the Hawkeye show. I'm VERY surprised to be saying that. Because like most folks, I don't really like how the MCU's adapted Clint in the movies so far. He spends WAY too much time on his farm doing absolutely nothing. But unlike most people, I think Phase 4 has been a Phase BORE so far. I believe Shang-Chi and Hawkeye could see a return to what made me like the MCU in the first place. I disagree with statements saying Hawkeye is not deserving of his own series while Quicksilver is. Clint has a fanbase in the MCU and lots of comic book fans love him (I'm a fan). Characters should be treated equally in this movie/television universe. That's why I had a beef with Pietro not getting ANYTHING to star in so far. I think all of the Avengers from the first three phases have their own projects now, and Quicksilver doesn't. That's extremely disappointing in my view. But as journey said, I DON'T think ATJ or Peters are coming back as Quicksilver. So I think the MCU should focus on Tommy right now.
    We don't really know that Quicksilver was because of the X-Men contract. That's fan theory. And it's one that doesn't really hold up to me since they never killed off Wanda. Their thing was to just turn mutants into non-mutants. Quake was also a mutant before her television debut.

I think Whedon just had a thing for killing off characters for effect. Marvel agreed to it because it was Whedon.

Hawkeye before the MCU was not really known outside of comics. He has a fanbase because he was allowed to be featured in several things. Pietro just died. So there wasn't much time for him to build up the MCU level fanbase. But he still has one. And most people don't like that he's dead. And don't like the Ralph teaser.

I don't think he's coming back either, but I do believe it was a bad decision to kill him off and keep him dead. But have Wanda able to create her kids and bring her bf back to life. All while sad about Pietro. They didn't even bother to describe it as a limited spell. No reason given. We thought she had brought back a different Pietro. But nope, it was Agatha messing with her. The cruelest of jokes. The response was deafening.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-26-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

baumblume

Last edited by baumblume; 09-26-2021 at 12:07 PM.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    "Don't dis my clothing!"

"Don't lie to me about my Papa-Mia either!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!