Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1641
    baumblume

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

These lines made me laugh so hard!

Also, they did a "twist and tuck" with Peter's hair in the back when he had his hat on and walked past the guards.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Both have reality warping. Billy is the Demiurge though. So he is the being that created the elder gods. He created Chthon who gave Wanda her powers. I'm not sure how this works but, yeah same powers. Just more powerful.

Tommy and Pietro also don't have the same personality. Despite Tommy's earlier grumpiness, he is more easy going than Pietro.

Pietro wasn't in WandaVision. A fakeout was.
    Your explanation of Billy's powers is interesting and insane at the same time. This is the kind of thing I DON'T wanna see in superhero movies. It's too outlandish and frankly idiotic. But thank you for the explanation.

I understand that Tommy and Pietro are not identical. But if they killed off Tommy, they could easily revive Pietro. I just think you can't have two Maximoff speedsters in the MCU. They're too similar in my opinion.

I didn't mind the Mandarin and Fietro "twists" as much as most people. They were meant to be jokes and I thought they were humorous. The Sharon Carter and Taskmaster reveals were ridiculous in my opinion though.

We don't really know that Quicksilver was because of the X-Men contract. That's fan theory. And it's one that doesn't really hold up to me since they never killed off Wanda. Their thing was to just turn mutants into non-mutants. Quake was also a mutant before her television debut.

I think Whedon just had a thing for killing off characters for effect. Marvel agreed to it because it was Whedon.

Hawkeye before the MCU was not really known outside of comics. He has a fanbase because he was allowed to be featured in several things. Pietro just died. So there wasn't much time for him to build up the MCU level fanbase. But he still has one. And most people don't like that he's dead. And don't like the Ralph teaser.

I don't think he's coming back either, but I do believe it was a bad decision to kill him off and keep him dead. But have Wanda able to create her kids and bring her bf back to life. All while sad about Pietro. They didn't even bother to describe it as a limited spell. No reason given. We thought she had brought back a different Pietro. But nope, it was Agatha messing with her. The cruelest of jokes. The response was deafening.
    I sorta believe the rumors about the Disney/FOX clash over the Maximoff twins. It makes sense that FOX got to keep one sibling while Disney got another. I think it worked out for each party. It just made "twins fans" like myself mad. I mean, Wanda and Pietro are so wrapped up in each other in the comics and I would have liked to see that relationship expanded upon on screen. I actually don't mind Whedon/Gunn/Waititi/Russos killing off heroes. Disney gives these movies titles like Armor WARS, Infinity WAR, Captain America: Civil WAR, Thor: RAGNAROK, and Secret INVASION. Looking at history, soldiers and sailors generally die in wars. To have superheroes survive the BATTLE of New York, the BATTLE of Sokovia, the BATTLE of Wakanda and the BATTLE of Earth doesn't make sense to me. People were complaining by AoU that the heroes in these Marvel movies were invincible and the villains were weak. So I understand why Feige felt he had to eliminate some heroes. I don't agree with the way Quicksilver was whacked in his FIRST appearance, but like I said I didn't have a problem with Whedon killing characters. If Coulson didn't die in Avengers 1, there would be no Avengers.

I do think Hawkeye has a fanbase because he lived. But he hasn't really done much except work on home improvements. I need to see more outta him to make him a more interesting person. I thought Quicksilver deserved maybe not a solo project, but a prominent role in WandaVision. That show was PERFECT for an appearance by MCU Pietro. Give his character some closure. Show some respect to Quicksilver fans. But nope, the series wanted to tease multiverses and mutants, and it made the show more popular. Good move by Disney for ratings, not so good for Wanda as a character.

I've said this MANY times on this VERY thread. If Wanda can create kids, Vision and mind control an entire town (and later expand it to include mind-controlling SWORD agents), why couldn't she create a construct of Pietro? That's why I have trouble taking "magical stories" realistically sometimes. I also don't have much regard for "time travel/multiverse" stories for this very reason as well. Because we as viewers don't know what the rules of the game are. Wanda had a breakdown and created Vision. She sort of had a breakdown in her encounter with Monica, but didn't create Pietro. It's not a HUGE plothole. I think the time travel stuff in Endgame created a significant one with Captain America and that was WAY worse than what happened in WandaVision, but it was confusing to me.

Ultimate Member

Those complaints don't really make a lot of sense. Killing off characters before we get to know them is worse than killing no one off. All these complaints say 'what are the stakes,' but heroes surviving never were the stakes in the first place. It's heroes saving everyone else. Of course these characters stick around because that's who we're following, so if they die after 2 movies, why should I get invested? Heck, some guys, like Hawkeye, have been around for a while and still have barely any characterization. The 'why doesn't anyone die thing' is what leads characters like Pietro to get killed off in the first place. So I don't agree with it. Those titles are just there to sell the movies, not to describe the stakes

As for why Pietro wasn't brought back, he died earlier so she was already done grieving him, whereas she was just brought back to life after seeing Vision die. So she may have already accepted Pietro's death. Idk what the real world reason is. WandaVision was the best point so far to revive him, or at least some version of him. But unlike Vision, who's still alive because his body remained, we don't know Billy's and Tommy's current status, so I would assume Pietro's would be the same if he was revived

baumblume

currently asking myself why #ralphboner could use #quicksilver’s power if he was NOT quicksilver. Like no civilians had any powers given and is that even a thing? Can #Agatha or #Wanda just give this random civilians the someone else’s the exact same powers? #

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I sorta believe the rumors about the Disney/FOX clash over the Maximoff twins. It makes sense that FOX got to keep one sibling while Disney got another. I think it worked out for each party. It just made "twins fans" like myself mad. I mean, Wanda and Pietro are so wrapped up in each other in the comics and I would have liked to see that relationship expanded upon on screen. I actually don't mind Whedon/Gunn/Waititi/Russos killing off heroes. Disney gives these movies titles like Armor WARS, Infinity WAR, Captain America: Civil WAR, Thor: RAGNAROK, and Secret INVASION. Looking at history, soldiers and sailors generally die in wars. To have superheroes survive the BATTLE of New York, the BATTLE of Sokovia, the BATTLE of Wakanda and the BATTLE of Earth doesn't make sense to me. People were complaining by AoU that the heroes in these Marvel movies were invincible and the villains were weak. So I understand why Feige felt he had to eliminate some heroes. I don't agree with the way Quicksilver was whacked in his FIRST appearance, but like I said I didn't have a problem with Whedon killing characters. If Coulson didn't die in Avengers 1, there would be no Avengers.

I do think Hawkeye has a fanbase because he lived. But he hasn't really done much except work on home improvements. I need to see more outta him to make him a more interesting person. I thought Quicksilver deserved maybe not a solo project, but a prominent role in WandaVision. That show was PERFECT for an appearance by MCU Pietro. Give his character some closure. Show some respect to Quicksilver fans. But nope, the series wanted to tease multiverses and mutants, and it made the show more popular. Good move by Disney for ratings, not so good for Wanda as a character.

I've said this MANY times on this VERY thread. If Wanda can create kids, Vision and mind control an entire town (and later expand it to include mind-controlling SWORD agents), why couldn't she create a construct of Pietro? That's why I have trouble taking "magical stories" realistically sometimes. I also don't have much regard for "time travel/multiverse" stories for this very reason as well. Because we as viewers don't know what the rules of the game are. Wanda had a breakdown and created Vision. She sort of had a breakdown in her encounter with Monica, but didn't create Pietro. It's not a HUGE plothole. I think the time travel stuff in Endgame created a significant one with Captain America and that was WAY worse than what happened in WandaVision, but it was confusing to me.
    I doubt it because that's not how their gaming rights worked. They were together. And neither Marvel nor Fox had exclusive rights to the twins in film. No one negotiated for them back when they were dividing up rights. Feige has gone on record saying so himself.

Wanda and Pietro were wrapped up in comics at the beginning. They have not been so much since Pietro went missing and ended up married to Crystal.

The show had very huge plot holes that I was hoping they would fill. But oh well. What's done is done. I hope Pietro at least ends up in some animated show or more video games.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-26-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    currently asking myself why #ralphboner could use #quicksilver’s power if he was NOT quicksilver. Like no civilians had any powers given and is that even a thing? Can #Agatha or #Wanda just give this random civilians the someone else’s the exact same powers? #
    He was hopped up by Agatha. She put an enchanted necklace on him. The moment Monica rips it off of him, he loses all his powers and regains memory of who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Those complaints don't really make a lot of sense. Killing off characters before we get to know them is worse than killing no one off. All these complaints say 'what are the stakes,' but heroes surviving never were the stakes in the first place. It's heroes saving everyone else. Of course these characters stick around because that's who we're following, so if they die after 2 movies, why should I get invested? Heck, some guys, like Hawkeye, have been around for a while and still have barely any characterization. The 'why doesn't anyone die thing' is what leads characters like Pietro to get killed off in the first place. So I don't agree with it. Those titles are just there to sell the movies, not to describe the stakes

As for why Pietro wasn't brought back, he died earlier so she was already done grieving him, whereas she was just brought back to life after seeing Vision die. So she may have already accepted Pietro's death. Idk what the real world reason is. WandaVision was the best point so far to revive him, or at least some version of him. But unlike Vision, who's still alive because his body remained, we don't know Billy's and Tommy's current status, so I would assume Pietro's would be the same if he was revived
    I don't think she accepted his death. Through the show she was still very sad about him. And then the episode later is with Fake Pietro appears.

Ultimate Member

I don't think she accepted his death. Through the show she was still very sad about him. And then the episode later is with Fake Pietro appears.
    I meant that her grief was at least somewhat overcome after a few years.

I meant that her grief was at least somewhat overcome after a few years.
    Not at all. The episode before is when she talks to her boys about being very sad about him. Wanda does not get over any of her grief until the end of her show. And even then we don't really know how much she's overcome just yet.

Ultimate Member

Not at all. The episode before is when she talks to her boys about being very sad about him. Wanda does not get over any of her grief until the end of her show. And even then we don't really know how much she's overcome just yet.
    I guess so

BANNED

Wanda broke down and created a construct of Vision after she broke down at reading the plans for the house he was going to build for her. That was her last chance at a normal life and she pls es herself and the Vision as a happy couple in the sitcoms she uses to like.

She’s lost a lot of loved ones, but wasn’t about her trying to bring back everyone she cared for.

We talked about this before. The movies should take time to kill characters. I say a good eight to ten years is long enough for even the most A-list ones. That's longer than most successful Presidents. That being said, I think folks like Phil Coulson, Maria Hill, and Happy Hogan can be dispatched of to introduce stakes and motivate heroes. Battlestar was such a case in the Falcon series. These shows and movies depict situations involving a lot of violence (though it's kinda muted because of Disney restrictions). So I do think it's fair to expect some deaths. So redshirting some folks is okay with me. I do think EVENTUALLY some heroes have to be killed to make way for new ones, however. As for Pietro, I actually have to come to your way of thinking. He'd been dead for six years (our real-life timeline, not the MCU one). She hasn't mentioned him once since before WandaVision. Six years is a long time to get over a loved ones' death. Vision's death was right before the Snap, so it makes sense for Wanda to be thinking of him when she had her breakdown. I think the show was right to address Pietro's death, but it was weird that they brought up the trauma of his demise once more, only for Wanda to sorta forget about it AGAIN by the end of WandaVision. Strange! This whole situation could have been avoided if the movies followed your earlier suggestion (which I wholeheartedly agree with by the way) of removing Wanda and Pietro from AoU and focusing on the relationship between Ultron and Vision. Vision was barely in that movie! If the MCU introduced the Maximoff twins a little bit later, the FOX-Disney war might have been resolved and Pietro probably would have lived.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-27-2021 at 08:18 AM.