Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I thought they would make Vision white at some point to differentiate him.
    Man, I really hope they don't go the white Vision route. He was not a nice and/or interesting dude when he looked like the Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    The episode does seem to imply that he’s MCU Pietro resurrected with Evan’s face due to the Hex translating it into sitcom tropes. But then how de not know who Vision was when he arrived, to suddenly knowingly Vision had died before?
    end of spoilers
    Good question. I was wondering that myself.

spoilers:
    As I've mentioned many times myself, I'm not really a fan of the whole Quicksilver switcheroo. It adds mystery to the show, but I think it confuses and divides audiences. I think Peters was incredible in that last episode and he has great chemistry with his castmates. But for him probably not being Pietro and turning into a villain would be quite polarizing in my opinion. I'm confident the showrunners have a plan that will hopefully make sense, but I still think the idea is quite controversial.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Wanda is an Avenger through and through, but Pietro has been on the X-Factor books since the 90s right up until the end of Axis. He was in events like Fatal Attraction and the Genosha arc. Even before that, he was often absent from the Avengers. For example, when he was rescued by Crystal of the Inhumans and eventually married her while living on the moon. He also was used for a couple of episodes in the 90s X-Men, and a main character in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men. Pietro is actually more well known as an X-Men character than Avengers, I think. Even his Pop figure was sold under the X-Men brand.
    Pietro hasn't been in the X-Factor books since the 90s. He left X-Factor in the 90s to rejoin the Avengers, then House of M happened where he was in a story arc of X-Factor as a villain, then back to Avengers, then another short stint in X-Factor. Yes, he's much better written in X-Factor than most Avenger series (I liked his portrayal in Avengers Academy though, and really loved his relationship with Finesse) but he's not a very steady presence in the X-world...maybe in the realm of pop culture, with his cartoon appearances, most people mistakenly assume he's an evil mutant in the Brotherhood.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's him. I think he's the villain.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With only three episodes left, the true villain of the series would need to be one of the characters already present, or suddenly show up out of nowhere. While it isn’t out of the realm of possibility, since this show is lead-in to Multiverse of Madness, I don’t think they’re going to present a brand new character to be the villain.

On the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    As I've mentioned many times myself, I'm not really a fan of the whole Quicksilver switcheroo. It adds mystery to the show, but I think it confuses and divides audiences. I think Peters was incredible in that last episode and he has great chemistry with his castmates. But for him probably not being Pietro and turning into a villain would be quite polarizing in my opinion. I'm confident the showrunners have a plan that will hopefully make sense, but I still think the idea is quite controversial.
    end of spoilers
    This is also a valid point.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Pietro hasn't been in the X-Factor books since the 90s. He left X-Factor in the 90s to rejoin the Avengers, then House of M happened where he was in a story arc of X-Factor as a villain, then back to Avengers, then another short stint in X-Factor. Yes, he's much better written in X-Factor than most Avenger series (I liked his portrayal in Avengers Academy though, and really loved his relationship with Finesse) but he's not a very steady presence in the X-world...maybe in the realm of pop culture, with his cartoon appearances, most people mistakenly assume he's an evil mutant in the Brotherhood.
    First, welcome back! I hope you’re doing well. I saw your post on tumblr just a short second ago. If you want to catch up, WandaVision is on Disney +.

I mean, you said yourself: Pietro’s best showings are on the X-books and that he was in X-Factor books up until the Axis retcon of 2014. That’s 7 years of the Avengers doing nothing with him ever since. That he’s better known as an X-Men than an Avenger is really telling which franchise has been better to him. That said, you are also right that his appearances there are sporadic. He was always getting yanked back to the Avengers office at any point, so its hard to build for a character you can never truly keep hold of. It’s why I wish he would be made a mutant again and made a regular on the X-books. But even if they have no plans for him, I doubt the Avengers office would ever allow it to happen.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

He's never even been an X-Man, and he was in one volume of X-Factor. I think that since Wanda was never a part of any X-team, she isn't considered that much of an X-character. But I think people mix them up for X-Men because of the cartoons and the fact that they were the X-Men's most important's villain's children, as well as their first enemies. And everything you said. His solo books were good.

He's never even been an X-Man, and he was in one volume of X-Factor. I think that since Wanda was never a part of any X-team, she isn't considered that much of an X-character. But I think people mix them up for X-Men because of the cartoons and the fact that they were the X-Men's most important's villain's children, as well as their first enemies. And everything you said. His solo books were good.
    Her first apperance was in Xmen #4 along with Pietro so even though they are more known for avengers they are or were very much x-characters. I honestly think if Hickman could get his hands on wanda, and he may, he would be foaming at the mouth. But i also don't feel Hickman dislikes wanda despite what the story seems like.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Her first apperance was in Xmen #4 along with Pietro so even though they are more known for avengers they are or were very much x-characters. I honestly think if Hickman could get his hands on wanda, and he may, he would be foaming at the mouth. But i also don't feel Hickman dislikes wanda despite what the story seems like.
    If they can forgive and forget everything that Wanda has done like they've done with their archenemies, great. Especially since she's pretty much has only been a villain to the X-Men and not an equal. Maybe Hickman doesn't hate Wanda, but his fans are riding "The Pretender" narrative and want her dead as punishment. I'd love to see what they would say if he made her an X-Man.

If they can forgive and forget everything that Wanda has done like they've done with their archenemies, great. Especially since she's pretty much has only been a villain to the X-Men and not an equal. Maybe Hickman doesn't hate Wanda, but his fans are riding "The Pretender" narrative and want her dead as punishment. I'd love to see what they would say if he made her an X-Man.
    It actually does suprise me how mad some fans are still about the whole depowering thing if i'm honest. I don't think if wanda was a man it would have held over for so long. But for those who are holding onto it they missed a great book with her solo and travelling witch's road and seeing agatha. It was a really good book. They can easily say the high evolutionary did something to mask their x-gene. I just don't think it's that big of a deal anymore. If she was a mutant they would pretty much have to forgive her or imo kick everyone else out because unlike others she was actually unstable at the time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

spoilers:
    With only three episodes left, the true villain of the series would need to be one of the characters already present, or suddenly show up out of nowhere. While it isn’t out of the realm of possibility, since this show is lead-in to Multiverse of Madness, I don’t think they’re going to present a brand new character to be the villain.

On the other hand

This is also a valid point.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Do you know what I think can fix this situation? Have ATJ show up in a flashback episode later on in WandaVision. That way the MCU can give him the proper send-off he deserves. Since this series keeps reiterating that folks can NEVER be brought back from the dead in the MCU, I have my doubts that ATJ would be "allowed" to show up in the Multiverse of Madness. I think fans and audiences would appreciate that gesture, and would be more willing to "accept" Peters' version of Quicksilver as a possible "bad guy". I know I would. Because by making Quicksilver "evil" in this show, I think Marvel Studios would be disrespecting his character. That's what I would do at this point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-12-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It actually does suprise me how mad some fans are still about the whole depowering thing if i'm honest. I don't think if wanda was a man it would have held over for so long. But for those who are holding onto it they missed a great book with her solo and travelling witch's road and seeing agatha. It was a really good book. They can easily say the high evolutionary did something to mask their x-gene. I just don't think it's that big of a deal anymore. If she was a mutant they would pretty much have to forgive her or imo kick everyone else out because unlike others she was actually unstable at the time.
    I don't think being a man has much to do with the grudge against Wanda. I mean, Hank Pym has had the "wife beater" label on him since that unfortunate panel of him hitting Janet in the 70s. Part of the issue is that I don't Wanda has been written in a way that "invites" readers to forgive her. If I recall, she was kind of a bitch when she returned to comics (she got into arguments with Rogue). Also, it would have been better if an actual villain had destroyed mutantkind instead of an Avenger.

Incredible Member

First, welcome back! I hope you’re doing well. I saw your post on tumblr just a short second ago. If you want to catch up, WandaVision is on Disney +.

I mean, you said yourself: Pietro’s best showings are on the X-books and that he was in X-Factor books up until the Axis retcon of 2014. That’s 7 years of the Avengers doing nothing with him ever since. That he’s better known as an X-Men than an Avenger is really telling which franchise has been better to him. That said, you are also right that his appearances there are sporadic. He was always getting yanked back to the Avengers office at any point, so its hard to build for a character you can never truly keep hold of. It’s why I wish he would be made a mutant again and made a regular on the X-books. But even if they have no plans for him, I doubt the Avengers office would ever allow it to happen.
    Thank you! I do sporadically check on Quicksilver, but there's just been nothing in comics. If I really think about it, I get kind of bitter because the whole retcon of their origin was supposedly to lead to new stories for the characters, and my boy hasn't been in a comic in about 3 years now. I knew that whole pretext was a joke and that really it was due to a petty feud between companies, but I just wish they'd have tried a bit harder to sell their excuse. But I digress.

I'm a bit scared about signing up for Disney+ because I don't really want another subscription service...hopefully they have a free trial.

Astonishing Member

I don't think being a man has much to do with the grudge against Wanda. I mean, Hank Pym has had the "wife beater" label on him since that unfortunate panel of him hitting Janet in the 70s. Part of the issue is that I don't Wanda has been written in a way that "invites" readers to forgive her. If I recall, she was kind of a bitch when she returned to comics (she got into arguments with Rogue). Also, it would have been better if an actual villain had destroyed mutantkind instead of an Avenger.
    I find it strange that some fans hold a grudge against the character rather than the writer and editorial staff who came up with that stupid story. I mean, I hated House of M for how it depowered a lot of X-Men characters, but it was Bendis and company who I would curse at under my breath.

With Quicksilver, I think the fact that he's used more as an X-character is a direct result of the fact that only Peter David ever seems to want to write him for very long. And part of the problem might be that personality of his. I mean, he didn't start off as the moody, annoyed, arrogant guy he's most associated with now. He was serious and super protective of his sister, sure. But then they wrote him out of the Avengers and he ended up marrying Crystal from the Inhumans, basically exiling him to the moon. Then one writer, I think it was Steve Englehart, kept trying to turn Pietro into a straight up villain. He never got to make it stick though, because other writers kept coming up after and turning him back around to a hero. So, by the end of that whole cycle, he was a hero again but now he's one where all the villain-like personality traits they were trying to give him have basically stuck. It's certainly a different characterization for a speedster. Most comics make them happy, fun guys. Probably because the archetype goes back to Hermes, who was a trickster god. But it does make him a hard character to put in a superhero team without his attitude getting annoying.

Thank you! I do sporadically check on Quicksilver, but there's just been nothing in comics. If I really think about it, I get kind of bitter because the whole retcon of their origin was supposedly to lead to new stories for the characters, and my boy hasn't been in a comic in about 3 years now. I knew that whole pretext was a joke and that really it was due to a petty feud between companies, but I just wish they'd have tried a bit harder to sell their excuse. But I digress.

I'm a bit scared about signing up for Disney+ because I don't really want another subscription service...hopefully they have a free trial.
    It was pretty obvious it was the corporate rivalry between Marvel and Fox that was driving the retcon. It will be interesting to see what happens now with the success of WandaVision. As others have pointed out, their absence is in direct contrast to interest in them being at an all time high.

I admit, Disney + was an indulgence that I purchased for WandaVision. But I also enjoy having their animation and nature documentaries, and because I got the premium version, I have access to basic Hulu as well.