Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Maybe they made the switcheroo between quicksilvers bc the studio couldn't afford or maybe convince Aaron Tyler Johnson to come back. LOL! Maybe we'll never know but they're both quicksilver and I like both and the episode was weird and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Maybe they made the switcheroo between quicksilvers bc the studio couldn't afford or maybe convince Aaron Tyler Johnson to come back. LOL! Maybe we'll never know but they're both quicksilver and I like both and the episode was weird and fun.
    spoilers:
    I read something on another forum. A poster mentioned that they could have just cast any random actor. Using Evan Peters but not linking him to his Fox character is going to baffle people big time! And that poster stated that he/she would consider it a cheap move and cynical. I'm REALLY hoping viewers and audiences don't look at it this way. I don't want WandaVision to be Iron Man 3 part deux.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    I read something on another forum. A poster mentioned that they could have just cast any random actor. Using Evan Peters but not linking him to his Fox character is going to baffle people big time! And that poster stated that he/she would consider it a cheap move and cynical. I'm REALLY hoping viewers and audiences don't look at it this way. I don't want WandaVision to be Iron Man 3 part deux.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well he's already not acting like that version, so the likelihood is high that it's not him. And the plot twists in this show in no way are like Iron Man 3. Sure Tony was going through a crisis. But the problems with that movie were the villain, the plot layout and Tony getting rid of his armor right before he gets it all back. I know people want everything to have a happy ending. But the highest likelihood is none of this is real, and in the end, Wanda has to work through her grief.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Well he's already not acting like that version, so the likelihood is high that it's not him. And the plot twists in this show in no way are like Iron Man 3. Sure Tony was going through a crisis. But the problems with that movie were the villain, the plot layout and Tony getting rid of his armor right before he gets it all back. I know people want everything to have a happy ending. But the highest likelihood is none of this is real, and in the end, Wanda has to work through her grief.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I can see why the Iron Man twist was problematic too many folks. As I've said MANY times before, I actually didn't mind it. I thought it was pretty creative and funny and in my mind made sense in the context of that story. I'm not expecting a happy ending. Because happy endings aren't often GOOD endings. Some stories would be shit if they ended where the protagonists lived happily ever after. If they keep bringing back dead characters, I actually believe they're DAMAGING those characters. That's why I'm pretty adamant that the dead should stay dead. I think Feige feels the same way. I don't Peters is really Quicksilver either. He didn't die like a chump. He died saving Clint and that kid's lives. And both Quicksilvers didn't know Vision died (unless Wanda told the Peters' version off-camera).
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I find it strange that some fans hold a grudge against the character rather than the writer and editorial staff who came up with that stupid story. I mean, I hated House of M for how it depowered a lot of X-Men characters, but it was Bendis and company who I would curse at under my breath.

With Quicksilver, I think the fact that he's used more as an X-character is a direct result of the fact that only Peter David ever seems to want to write him for very long. And part of the problem might be that personality of his. I mean, he didn't start off as the moody, annoyed, arrogant guy he's most associated with now. He was serious and super protective of his sister, sure. But then they wrote him out of the Avengers and he ended up marrying Crystal from the Inhumans, basically exiling him to the moon. Then one writer, I think it was Steve Englehart, kept trying to turn Pietro into a straight up villain. He never got to make it stick though, because other writers kept coming up after and turning him back around to a hero. So, by the end of that whole cycle, he was a hero again but now he's one where all the villain-like personality traits they were trying to give him have basically stuck. It's certainly a different characterization for a speedster. Most comics make them happy, fun guys. Probably because the archetype goes back to Hermes, who was a trickster god. But it does make him a hard character to put in a superhero team without his attitude getting annoying.
    I also don't understand how fans hold grudges against fictional characters who just do what they're written to do even when it's pretty OOC for what's been established beforehand.

Like you said, in the beginning, Pietro was in many ways different than he is now: he wasn't a shifty character that would lie to people to benefit himself. The fact that he started in the Brotherhood was depicted as "tragic" from the beginning because he knew Magneto was bad, but he had to protect his sister who felt she owed Magneto her life. However, he always had a bit of a mercurial personality because all speedsters are based on Hermes/Mercury.

I don't think the issue is so much that Quicksilver has "villain" personality traits, but that most writers don't know what to do with a character that doesn't fit an easy mold. For instance, I compare Quicksilver to characters like Spike from "Buffy the vampire Slayer" or even Dwight from "The Office": they're antagonistic and kind of annoying towards the group, but they're not evil. The difference is Spike and Dwight generally got more attention and love from writers than Quicksilver did. It's really a shame because I see a lot of potential in Quicksilver having really compelling stories precisely because his personality isn't "cookie-cutter" good guy, but aside from Peter David, Christos Gage, I'm always let down by what the writers do.

Incredible Member

I also think there has to be meaning behind the casting decision, because they could have just gone with any actor if they were going with "he's fake" angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I also think there has to be meaning behind the casting decision, because they could have just gone with any actor if they were going with "he's fake" angle.
    Maybe, but Marvel has always been a company that likes to fake people out, and do plot twists. The studio is likely similar.

spoilers:
    So whaddaya think will happen with Quicksilver next week? I'm pretty sure he won't be welcome in the Vision residence, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure Wanda and the twins are quite angry at him. I think Vision needs to perform a Vulcan "mind meld" on Pietro to find out what the fuck is going on.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    So whaddaya think will happen with Quicksilver next week? I'm pretty sure he won't be welcome in the Vision residence, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure Wanda and the twins are quite angry at him. I think Vision needs to perform a Vulcan "mind meld" on Pietro to find out what the fuck is going on.
    end of spoilers
    If you mean because of what he said about Vision I don't think it's gonna be taken that seriously.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, if anything, wanda’s going to be most concerned with what vision remembers...

spoilers:
    Since Vision seems to be really dead, I wonder if he is really her subconscious.and it's she that's trying to break free.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Since Vision seems to be really dead, I wonder if he is really her subconscious.and it's she that's trying to break free.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think so. He still had a consciousness as he was out of the hex, he wasn't a corpse or anything, he was still speaking and could feel it as he started dying/being dismantled.

Besides that, I think that'd be a really shitty thing to do, to say that all the moments Vision spent with Wanda and finally got to shine wasn't really him. People have been theorizing since the beginning that he would be just an illusion or a corpse or Mephisto pretending to be him (lol that's a meme at this point), and I'm glad that the show has proven all that wrong, even if he might end up dead again by the end.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If you mean because of what he said about Vision I don't think it's gonna be taken that seriously.
    Yeah, but how awkward is that next family dinner gonna be when Vision comes back? I just wish Vision would spend more time with his kids, you know? I think his time is limited in the MCU, and this "Pietro" has been more of a father to Billy and Tommy than he has! And even though I don't know ANYTHING about Billy's comic book history and/or background and haven't read a SINGLE issue about him, I have to say I liked his costume in Episode 6. Wanda's and Vision's were great too. But Quicksilver's and Tommy's looked like fucking shit, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think so. He still had a consciousness as he was out of the hex, he wasn't a corpse or anything, he was still speaking and could feel it as he started dying/being dismantled.

Besides that, I think that'd be a really shitty thing to do, to say that all the moments Vision spent with Wanda and finally got to shine wasn't really him. People have been theorizing since the beginning that he would be just an illusion or a corpse or Mephisto pretending to be him (lol that's a meme at this point), and I'm glad that the show has proven all that wrong, even if he might end up dead again by the end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the corpse showing was Wanda's imagination (just like it happened with Pietro that wasn't that Pietro) and not how he looks when her powers aren't working. He was in many pieces when she found him and started breaking up into that again when he left the hex.
    end of spoilers

Funko has just announced a new Funko Pop! of Pietro Maximoff (Halloween) from WandaVision!

It will be exclusive to the Funko Shop and will be released in the next few days!