Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1641

I agree with teapartyofthedead in her analysis of speedsters in superhero comic books. I think it's pathetic that the Flashes are such a HUGE part of the DC Universe, but Marvel has no idea how to make THEIR speedsters compelling. But then again, I think DC has better magical characters than Marvel as well. Maybe it's because Marvel has more "grounded" heroes and villains than DC does? I think there's ZERO chance that ATJ comes back in any future MCU projects. Isn't he signed on to do some superhero stuff at Sony? I don't think there's been a single leak or rumor of him appearing in Strange 2. Dude's character has been dead for almost seven years. If Quicksilver comes back, it'll probably be Peters's more popular version. I thought Evan did a great job, but his version of Pietro is NOT Wanda's brother. So I wouldn't be thrilled for him to be the Scarlet Witch's MCU sibling. I can see Tommy adopting some of Pietro's personality in future movies/shows. MCU audiences generally don't have any idea of what's going on in the comics, so I don't think they'll care if Tommy becomes the "new" Pietro. Teapartyofthedead has stated several times that she thinks Tommy's got potential (and I think she's right by the way) and is not really used much in the comics. That's why I'm okay with "merging" Pietro and Tommy together in the MCU. Sylvie is sort of an amalgamation of characters as well, so it's not unprecedented. Still sucks for Pietro and "twin" fans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree with teapartyofthedead in her analysis of speedsters in superhero comic books. I think it's pathetic that the Flashes are such a HUGE part of the DC Universe, but Marvel has no idea how to make THEIR speedsters compelling. But then again, I think DC has better magical characters than Marvel as well. Maybe it's because Marvel has more "grounded" heroes and villains than DC does? I think there's ZERO chance that ATJ comes back in any future MCU projects. Isn't he signed on to do some superhero stuff at Sony? I don't think there's been a single leak or rumor of him appearing in Strange 2. Dude's character has been dead for almost seven years. If Quicksilver comes back, it'll probably be Peters's more popular version. I thought Evan did a great job, but his version of Pietro is NOT Wanda's brother. So I wouldn't be thrilled for him to be the Scarlet Witch's MCU sibling. I can see Tommy adopting some of Pietro's personality in future movies/shows. MCU audiences generally don't have any idea of what's going on in the comics, so I don't think they'll care if Tommy becomes the "new" Pietro. Teapartyofthedead has stated several times that she thinks Tommy's got potential (and I think she's right by the way) and is not really used much in the comics. That's why I'm okay with "merging" Pietro and Tommy together in the MCU. Sylvie is sort of an amalgamation of characters as well, so it's not unprecedented. Still sucks for Pietro and "twin" fans though.
    No they should not be merged. Let Tommy be his own thing. They will use him, use him separately. He doesn't need to be an amalgam of his own uncle. That's sort of weird anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think Pietro was very compelling in the beginning when he fought the X-Men and especially when he joined the Avengers.

I think in the 90's and onward to the present, whatever "Magic" Marvel used with Pietro in the past was forgotten and newer writers do not know how to (re) capture it or use their own ingenuity to make Pietro interesting. Sad.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Pietro was very compelling in the beginning when he fought the X-Men and especially when he joined the Avengers.

I think in the 90's and onward to the present, whatever "Magic" Marvel used with Pietro in the past was forgotten and newer writers do not know how to (re) capture it or use their own ingenuity to make Pietro interesting. Sad.
    i dont Like Mcu Pietro i love Peters's version. We need a xmen movie with Evan peters and his sister Wanda.
    he deserved more screen time Quicksilver in general is underused af, even in the comics. His return in the MCU would definitely change that... but welp, as we all know, Marvel bamboozled the character.

I liked Pietro in the early years too. I thought it was hilarious he loved the Ed Sullivan Show. I just liked his personality more back in the day. I don't remember reading too much about him in the 90s. It's like, what the hell happened there?! To be fair, I wasn't too thrilled with how a lot other characters were portrayed then either. I liked how Whedon made Pietro a somewhat "realistic" speedster in AoU, and wasn't overpowered at all. He was even a bit quippy in that movie too. But Whedon's gonna Whedon. I agree with mik in that Pietro would have had a much higher chance of surviving if he wasn't introduced in AoU. If they were featured in another Avengers film, we could have got a lot more of their backstory. Maybe it's because I'm not really familiar with the Young Avengers, it doesn't bother me that Tommy and Pietro become a "hybrid" character. I'll take any Maximoff speedster that I can get.

baumblume

Edit after WandaVision finale: They really did Peter's fans dirty with "Ralph BOHNER"...like come on Marvel...)

I liked Pietro in the early years too. I thought it was hilarious he loved the Ed Sullivan Show. I just liked his personality more back in the day. I don't remember reading too much about him in the 90s. It's like, what the hell happened there?! To be fair, I wasn't too thrilled with how a lot other characters were portrayed then either. I liked how Whedon made Pietro a somewhat "realistic" speedster in AoU, and wasn't overpowered at all. He was even a bit quippy in that movie too. But Whedon's gonna Whedon. I agree with mik in that Pietro would have had a much higher chance of surviving if he wasn't introduced in AoU. If they were featured in another Avengers film, we could have got a lot more of their backstory. Maybe it's because I'm not really familiar with the Young Avengers, it doesn't bother me that Tommy and Pietro become a "hybrid" character. I'll take any Maximoff speedster that I can get.
    Tommy has a different personality and life to his uncle. Capable of being his own thing. He can still be there and is still a speedster, so I'm not sure why you think they should be merged. Wanda would then have given birth to her brother. And the family is already weird enough with Billy being the Demiurge.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

baumblume

God if they save just ONE THING from the Marvel X-Men movies to the MCU xmen, it's Quicksilver and dadneto. I hope his appearance in Wandavision isn't temporary. I'd watch a whole Quicksilver film, no question. It's not just the awesome power sequences, his character is great. Way better than the actual MCU Quicksilver.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Tommy has a different personality and life to his uncle. Capable of being his own thing. He can still be there and is still a speedster, so I'm not sure why you think they should be merged. Wanda would then have given birth to her brother. And the family is already weird enough with Billy being the Demiurge.
    Game Of Thrones

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    i dont Like Mcu Pietro i love Peters's version. We need a xmen movie with Evan peters and his sister Wanda.
    he deserved more screen time Quicksilver in general is underused af, even in the comics. His return in the MCU would definitely change that... but welp, as we all know, Marvel bamboozled the character.
    Oh! I was talking comics, lol.

Neither movie version clicked with me, not discouraging them, just not what I wanted/was expecting.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

baumblume

baumblume

I love Jean grey.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't mean actually physically merging. To ME, if Pietro's not coming back (I personally think ATJ's version is gone for good and I don't see Marvel Studios bringing him back), then elements of his personality from the comic books could live on in Tommy. Aren't there powers almost identical? Rhodey is doing Stark's most famous storyline in Armor Wars. Doesn't bother me that Cheadle is replacing RDJ in it. I even think Yelena could take some of Natasha's stories for her own in future MCU projects. I wouldn't have a problem with that either. As I've said MANY times before, it doesn't bother me at all that the movies/shows diverge from the comic books. I don't even care when major works of literature like To Kill A Mockingbird and the Death Of A Salesman have to make changes for their film/television versions. Indeed, comic books give live-action adapters more flexibility in my opinion. It just doesn't matter to me if the movies/shows don't make Magneto the Maximoff twins their father and that Wonder Man played no part in the creation of the Vision. I actually WANT the on-screen stuff to be different from the source material.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-17-2021 at 11:25 AM.