Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I am really liking Wanda and Vision relationship, in the comics I never quite got the appeal for that ship but the series is doing a good job of showing why they work as a couple and the situation they are is generating so many moments of understanding, I am loving Vision and his reaction as someone who loves his wife but can´t agree with what she´s doing no matter how much he loves her it´s quite realistic and heartbreaking and we are just like him, hoping there´s something else going on and Wanda still being ambigous about what´s really happening, she obviously knows more than she´s telling but will not share it for fear of losing what she already has. This is wanda´s story but the pov we are given is Vision´s. Such a nice and great way of doing storytelling. I will miss this series once it´s done.
    Agree with you completely. I feel very "chill" whenever I watch Wanda and Vision interact. It's not like Pepper and Tony, Peter and MJ, Stephen and Christine, Quill and Gamora, Lang and van Dyne. Their interactions are SO hostile sometimes. I feel uncomfortable seeing them acting terribly towards one another sometimes that I seriously doubt they were ever really in love! It's crazy. Now I will say that Wanda and Vision got together REALLY quickly, but I'm delighted that they bypassed the whole "will they, won't they" thing (which I HATE). That **** annoys me so much, but the comics, movies and shows seem to love that kind of thing. As people in these threads know, I'm a kind of "let's get to the point" dude. I despised the SONY Spider-Man movies because of the romantic stuff. The leads spent WAY too much time talking about their relationships and slobbering all over each other. The romance between Wanda and Vision is pretty understated and subtle, but you can definitely feel it. Which I really like. I hope the MCU does better in the romance department in the future. WandaVision is setting a good example here.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed when they do that "Will they, won´t they", the jokes and the extreme arrogance in some characters from the MCU and comics that makes it harder for me to like the relationship because it looks artificial and childish, not like two people who are in love and want to be together.

I liked the SONY Spider-man movies mostly because they were more willing to experiment than Fox and the MCU at the moment but I agree the love scenes could be too generic sometimes, I still enjoyed them because I like MJ and Peter
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They made Vision more charming in the MCU and the relationship doesn't have the bitterness and dark weight that the comics one has.
    spoilers:
    Here's my question: Does Vision levitate whenever he has a "panic attack" in the comic books? He seems to do it a lot in WandaVision, and it's hilarious. I also think it's sort of a weird role reversal when it's WANDA who has to calm his purple ass down.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    Here's my question: Does Vision levitate whenever he has a "panic attack" in the comic books? He seems to do it a lot in WandaVision, and it's hilarious. I also think it's sort of a weird role reversal when it's WANDA who has to calm his purple ass down.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think that was ever linked to anxiety or depression or anything. I think that was just visually to show he was upset in the show.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed when they do that "Will they, won´t they", the jokes and the extreme arrogance in some characters from the MCU and comics that makes it harder for me to like the relationship because it looks artificial and childish, not like two people who are in love and want to be together.

I liked the SONY Spider-man movies mostly because they were more willing to experiment than Fox and the MCU at the moment but I agree the love scenes could be too generic sometimes, I still enjoyed them because I like MJ and Peter
    "Will they, won't they" leads me to wish that "they never tried". It's annoying, and I'm tired of that garbage. I think the romantic relationships in the MCU are pretty bad. Some of them are toxic, others are flat out boring. I guess I'm okay with the Peter and MJ stuff from the Raimi movies, but EVERY movie from that original trilogy had Parker rescuing a usually screaming MJ from some evil villain(s). I just got weary of that ****. The Amazing Spider-Man stuff with Peter and Gwen was absolutely intolerable. They spent WAY too much time on their romance. And they broke up like eight times in those movies for no particular reason. Kind of destroyed my love for Spider-Man actually. I don't like the current MCU Peter and MJ relationship. I think MJ is portrayed too much as a snobbish bitch. But she's not the only one in the MCU that's like that.

Christine (who I LIKED) was a total doormat when she argued with Strange in his first movie. And Stephen was an ******* (who I also LIKED):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaCgxCV2J6E
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 03:51 PM.

spoilers:
    I don't think that was ever linked to anxiety or depression or anything. I think that was just visually to show he was upset in the show.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But he did it when Wanda was going through her pregnancy in Episode 3. It was so funny.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    But he did it when Wanda was going through her pregnancy in Episode 3. It was so funny.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Vision in this universe is very cute. It makes me wish he'd stick around.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

spoilers:
    Vision in this universe is very cute. It makes me wish he'd stick around.
    end of spoilers
    Love Vision and Wanda in the MCU. I'm glad that they're gaining popularity with fans too (which is EXTREMELY weird because by the end of six episodes they'll probably have not done anything close to being superheroic). But WandaVision is just not that kind of series. Which makes it so great.

spoilers:
    Vision writing up a will for himself in the event of his untimely demise is just extremely amusing. I wonder if he got She-Hulk and Daredevil to do the necessary paperwork. Rational to the last!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Love Vision and Wanda in the MCU. I'm glad that they're gaining popularity with fans too (which is EXTREMELY weird because by the end of six episodes they'll probably have not done anything close to being superheroic). But WandaVision is just not that kind of series. Which makes it so great.
    They put on a comedy act, "For the Children" the most heroic thing of all IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They put on a comedy act, "For the Children" the most heroic thing of all IMO
    Yeah, that was pretty gutsy!

spoilers:
    I also don't think it's fair to criticize Peters because folks aren't happy with ATJ not being brought back. It wasn't his fault that things shook out the way that they did. I trust Marvel Studios has very legitimate reasons to put the Fox Quicksilver in WandaVision, and not the original MCU one. I do feel bad for ATJ because he seemed to get along great with Olsen and Bettany and probably would have loved to be a part of this project. HE has a valid gripe in my view. But to blame Peters is ridiculous. And I have to follow my own advice. I liked ATJ because he was closer to his comic book counterpart. BUT I do think by making him act that way and be less quippy, hurt his popularity in comparison to Peters' version. So I'm okay with this new Quicksilver being different from his comic book counterpart. He seems to be quite popular and if that's because his personality was changed, I'm okay with that. Like I said, I'll ALWAYS like it when comic book movies/shows change things from the source material if it improves the movies/shows.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope he's really Pietro. Pietro having been killed in his introduction movie and essentially never getting to be part of that universe has always stung, and I'm not even exactly a fan of him. Now, I also hope it's not really the same character from the Fox universe... I'm hoping he's just another Pietro from the multiverse. The characterization seems quite different, so I'm hopeful. Either way, he better be called Pietro too and not Peter. Him being called Peter is like if the whole "Wendy" joke about Wanda was real.
    end of spoilers
    I agree, it's not really about "liking" characters. That boils down to personal preference. My position is that if you're gonna introduce characters on screen, they should be treated with respect. Because they each have a fanbase (and it doesn't have to be a big one). Because of Quicksilver's ties to the Scarlet Witch, I feel that it's really important he has a role to play in WandaVision. I do feel bad for Wonder Man and Enchantress fans though. I think their NAMES hinder their chances of becoming part of the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I agree, it's not really about "liking" characters. That boils down to personal preference. My position is that if you're gonna introduce characters on screen, they should be treated with respect. Because they each have a fanbase (and it doesn't have to be a big one). Because of Quicksilver's ties to the Scarlet Witch, I feel that it's really important he has a role to play in WandaVision. I do feel bad for Wonder Man and Enchantress fans though. I think their NAMES hinder their chances of becoming part of the MCU.
    Well spoilers:
    on the background of the WandaVision BTS interviews with the head writer there is a (barely) blurred out image that is very clearly Wonder Man on the wall

https://i1.wp.com/www.theilluminerdi...lluminerdi.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-09-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well spoilers:
    on the background of the WandaVision BTS interviews with the head writer there is a (barely) blurred out image that is very clearly Wonder Man on the wall

https://i1.wp.com/www.theilluminerdi...lluminerdi.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Wow! Now that's interesting...BUT I still have my doubts it will amount to anything. I personally believe that DC would object to Marvel using "Wonder" in the names of its characters, but I could be wrong. And isn't it kind of getting late to introduce Simon into the show? I DOUBT episode 6 will talk about him because I think it will stick to the sitcom format. And I have a feeling episode 7 will delve into Wanda's past. Then we get into the big battles in episodes 8 and 9. I'm skeptical.