Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1641

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No absolutely not. Tommy for one has a boyfriend. So let's not even entertain that. Crystal is likely not gonna be reintroduced into the MCU. They had the failed Inhumans show. Nothing else has even been rumored. Tommy is also likely gonna be a teenager in YA. We have no idea if RiRi will be a part of it or if there will be another version of Kang in the Iron Lad suit. Kang has already been introduced. Ironheart is getting a Disney+ series but there is no ETA quite yet on it.
    It's been stated on this thread MANY times that Tommy basically has been invisible in the comic books for a while. Sure he's got a personal life, but it hasn't really been focused on. Well, if that's the case, Disney probably needs to pull material from other characters to give Tommy a reason to stay in the MCU. Rhodey is going to be featured in Iron Man's most famous storyline. I think Kid Loki could easily take some content from Loki once Hiddleston's character retires. I think it's fun to mix and match stuff. Marvel's got eighty years of comic books to work with. When it comes to Ironheart and Iron Lad, I think it's superfluous to have so many characters with the word "Iron" in their superhero names. Just blend Ironheart and Iron Lad together and make her connected to Kang and call it a day. Audiences will TOTALLY understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Tommy is not Pietro and he never will be, thereīs no reason at all to mix their two stories, they are completely different characters and that way they should and definitely will stay on the MCU, if Feige doesnīt truly have more use for Pietro or he will just use Peter Maximoff and keep MCU Pietro dead then he will just not tell his story while Tommy will be with the Young Avengers.

Now what I would really like to see is more Pietro in the comics, maybe a solo story to reestrablish the character or appareances on Avengers or X-men.
    They could bring Fietro back, but he wouldn't be Wanda's brother. Wanda will never be portrayed as a twin sibling ever again in the MCU if that's the case. I also think Evan is a great actor and did a wonderful job in WandaVision, but his role in that series was just not necessary in my opinion. And it created some magical plot holes (that didn't need to be there) too! I mean, if Agatha could turn a bug into a bird, it seems pretty obvious to me she could give Bohner a face like ATJ's:

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This is why I say "If Feige will keep MCU Pietro dead" he will just do that, Peter Maximoff is his own character and he will just act like he was on his universe and yes, Wanda was not his sister there, so they will not be siblings but his story makes sense to be told now that marvel is doing the multiverse or I could be wrong and he will not appear anymore but I doubt it given how much attention he got on WandaVision. Yes he definitely will not be MCU Wandaīs brother, neither would I want him to be, I agree with you on that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-08-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's been stated on this thread MANY times that Tommy basically has been invisible in the comic books for a while. Sure he's got a personal life, but it hasn't really been focused on. Well, if that's the case, Disney probably needs to pull material from other characters to give Tommy a reason to stay in the MCU. Rhodey is going to be featured in Iron Man's most famous storyline. I think Kid Loki could easily take some content from Loki once Hiddleston's character retires. I think it's fun to mix and match stuff. Marvel's got eighty years of comic books to work with. When it comes to Ironheart and Iron Lad, I think it's superfluous to have so many characters with the word "Iron" in their superhero names. Just blend Ironheart and Iron Lad together and make her connected to Kang and call it a day. Audiences will TOTALLY understand that.
    Him being gone does not mean he has no material. And it doesn't mean that everything he is needs erased because his uncle was killed off and never given a chance. That's not fair to his character or his fans. And honestly would be in very bad taste from Marvel.

I'd say the same for RiRi. She deserves to be her own character. And she likely will be. Since she and Kang are both being introduced as individual characters.

Sylvie btw was not a mash up. She was an original character. She just shared the same first name as Sylvie in the books. They've said a few times that she's her own character.

They've had the Nova corp., Thor corp. and the Captains in comics. I don't think they'll be too concerned about having too many Iron titled characters.

Audiences will definitely not understand merging a black girl and black man together in the modern day. That seems like fuel for Twitter to go off.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-08-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This is why I say "If Feige will keep MCU Pietro dead" he will just do that, Peter Maximoff is his own character and he will just act like he was on his universe and yes, Wanda was not his sister there, so they will not be siblings but his story makes sense to be told now that marvel is doing the multiverse or I could be wrong and he will not appear anymore but I doubt it given how much attention he got on WandaVision. Yes he definitely will not be MCU Wandaīs brother, neither would I want him to be, I agree with you on that.
    To me, part of the appeal of Quicksilver IS his relationship with the Scarlet Witch. Same thing with the Vision. If Wanda had no ties to Pietro and Vision, I would rapidly lose interest in her character. Her weird family makes her a fascinating person. Sure it would be cool to keep Peters around, but I wouldn't be as interested in him without his connections to his sister. BUT...He would be able to stand out on his own independently of his sibling (which I suppose would be interesting, but it would feel wrong to me).

Ultimate Member

Relationships are part of the character, but they also need to stand on their own.

Him being gone does not mean he has no material. And it doesn't mean that everything he is needs erased because his uncle was killed off and never given a chance. That's not fair to his character or his fans. And honestly would be in very bad taste from Marvel.

I'd say the same for RiRi. She deserves to be her own character. And she likely will be. Since she and Kang are both being introduced as individual characters.

Sylvie btw was not a mash up. She was an original character. She just shared the same first name as Sylvie in the books. They've said a few times that she's her own character.

They've had the Nova corp., Thor corp. and the Captains in comics. I don't think they'll be too concerned about having too many Iron titled characters.

Audiences will definitely not understand merging a black girl and black man together in the modern day. That seems like fuel for Twitter to go off.
    Yes, Sylvie's an original character in the MCU, but was inspired by elements of Lady Loki and the Enchantress. To me that's kind of like a merger?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvie...atic_Universe)

If Tommy becomes the new Pietro, it would indeed leave a poor taste. BUT I'd say the overwhelming majority of the MCU's audience don't have a clue about Pietro's and Tommy's respective backstories. Plenty of them don't read the comic books. So I think Feige and his team could have some freedom to insert a little bit of Pietro's personality into Tommy. I'm just saying that's a way they could "sort of" salvage Pietro's character: Through somebody else who is a direct descendant of his. In regards to Ironheart, maybe they could link her up to Ravonna? Wasn't she Kang's girlfriend in the comic books? Even if they take elements of Iron Lad's story and connect them with Williams, Ironheart would STILL be her own character in future MCU movies/shows. Yeah, there's different folks with the same names in the comic books, but I kinda think Feige wants to avoid confusion between them. I recall even Brie Larson getting Captain Marvel mixed up with Captain America in an interview some time ago. I mean, there's a reason why Shazam isn't called Captain Marvel in the movies. And I thought for sure Sylvie would not be called the Enchantress in Loki because DC featured a character with the same name in the 2016 Suicide Squad movie.

I'm just saying it's totally reasonable for Marvel Studios to change things in the movies/shows from the comic books if they think the changes will improve them. I didn't mind the Mandarin and Fietro twists because in the contexts of those movies/shows, they kinda made sense. The Sharon Carter and Taskmaster stuff didn't work for me at all, however. And I think it was a mistake to kill Pietro in his FIRST movie appearance. So it can be hit or miss. As I've stated many times in the Daredevil thread, I think the best and greatest changes the MCU made from its source material was to forego secret identities and to make its characters WAY funnier. I want that model to continue because I think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Relationships are part of the character, but they also need to stand on their own.
    I suppose that's true. But Marvel has done an incredibly shitty job of making Pietro stand out on his own (in my opinion). It's been so bad that Disney literally killed him off in order to "further" Wanda's character development. I wonder if Marvel Studios will pull the same stunt again by killing Tommy to "further" Billy's character development. Now THAT would be lame...AND sort of predictable.

Yes, Sylvie's an original character in the MCU, but was inspired by elements of Lady Loki and the Enchantress. To me that's kind of like a merger?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvie...atic_Universe)

If Tommy becomes the new Pietro, it would indeed leave a poor taste. BUT I'd say the overwhelming majority of the MCU's audience don't have a clue about Pietro's and Tommy's respective backstories. Plenty of them don't read the comic books. So I think Feige and his team could have some freedom to insert a little bit of Pietro's personality into Tommy. I'm just saying that's a way they could "sort of" salvage Pietro's character: Through somebody else who is a direct descendant of his. In regards to Ironheart, maybe they could link her up to Ravonna? Wasn't she Kang's girlfriend in the comic books? Even if they take elements of Iron Lad's story and connect them with Williams, Ironheart would STILL be her own character in future MCU movies/shows. Yeah, there's different folks with the same names in the comic books, but I kinda think Feige wants to avoid confusion between them. I recall even Brie Larson getting Captain Marvel mixed up with Captain America in an interview some time ago. I mean, there's a reason why Shazam isn't called Captain Marvel in the movies. And I thought for sure Sylvie would not be called the Enchantress in Loki because DC featured a character with the same name in the 2016 Suicide Squad movie.

I'm just saying it's totally reasonable for Marvel Studios to change things in the movies/shows from the comic books if they think the changes will improve them. I didn't mind the Mandarin and Fietro twists because in the contexts of those movies/shows, they kinda made sense. The Sharon Carter and Taskmaster stuff didn't work for me at all, however. And I think it was a mistake to kill Pietro in his FIRST movie appearance. So it can be hit or miss. As I've stated many times in the Daredevil thread, I think the best and greatest changes the MCU made from its source material was to forego secret identities and to make its characters WAY funnier. I want that model to continue because I think it works.
    According to the writers, she's completely new. She's not meant to be Sylvie from comics.

Tommy doesn't need to be the new Pietro. He needs to be Speed. There are a lot of YA fans. A LOT. Yes it would upset a lot of people. I think you are just coming up with nightmare fuel tbh. They could have salvaged Pietro by having Pietro. They didn't want that. It's terrible but they made their decision.

Maybe they could have Ironheart be Ironheart. Why does she also need merged with another black woman? Why do you think black people are interchangeable? And why are you wanting to force teenagers into relationships with fully grown characters?

It's not reasonable to reduce characters because you can't accept Marvel just screwed one over majorly.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-08-2021 at 01:01 PM.

To me, part of the appeal of Quicksilver IS his relationship with the Scarlet Witch. Same thing with the Vision. If Wanda had no ties to Pietro and Vision, I would rapidly lose interest in her character. Her weird family makes her a fascinating person. Sure it would be cool to keep Peters around, but I wouldn't be as interested in him without his connections to his sister. BUT...He would be able to stand out on his own independently of his sibling (which I suppose would be interesting, but it would feel wrong to me).
    I agree Peter will stand out on his own and I am with you they are better as a family unit but the problem is that MCU Pietro is still dead and unless they get him back to life, I donīt think Peter or Tommy or anyone else can take his place, hence why I think Feige will simply not tell his story.

I am hopeful I am wrong and thereīs a plan to bring him back but time will tell honestly, meanwhile Pietro definitely needs to be back on comics.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

According to the writers, she's completely new. She's not meant to be Sylvie from comics.

Tommy doesn't need to be the new Pietro. He needs to be Speed. There are a lot of YA fans. A LOT. Yes it would upset a lot of people. I think you are just coming up with nightmare fuel tbh. They could have salvaged Pietro by having Pietro. They didn't want that. It's terrible but they made their decision.

Maybe they could have Ironheart be Ironheart. Why does she also need merged with another black woman? Why do you think black people are interchangeable? And why are you wanting to force teenagers into relationships with fully grown characters?

It's not reasonable to reduce characters because you can't accept Marvel just screwed one over majorly.
    Yes, Sylvie is an original character. All I'm saying is that they got their inspiration from the comic books. I'm definitely not trying to be provocative. Just brainstorming. Maybe my ideas are ****. Trust me, if you think so you'll let me know.

I think Marvel/Disney is trying to set up the Young Avengers in the MCU (going out on a limb there). I don't care if they mix and match young characters from other franchises amongst them. And I don't care if they're called the Young Avengers/Champions/Teen Titans/Young Justice/Partridge Family or whatever. To me combining characters is something the MCU is doing consistently and imho should keep doing intelligently to keep us surprised. The MCU is NOT the 616 world of the comics. From what I understand, Ironheart's origin story from the comics CANNOT be duplicated in the MCU. Stark is dead and Tony can't pass the torch to her (I guess he sorta passed it to Peter)? Marvel/Disney can combine the Ironheart show with the Iron Lad Kang story and Williams can be a variant of Kang, which is possible because they are variants and not younger/older versions of themselves, so a different gender IS possible. I could totally see Marvel Studios giving Iron Lad's story to Ironheart. I don't think black folks are interchangeable. I'm saying giving Ironheart a new origin story for the Young Avengers could improve on her origin story from the comics (which I heard was just...OK). And there's been no mention of Iron Lad appearing anywhere else, so it's possible what I've suggested might happen. Or they might do something with Ravonna. It's not me making Kang and Ravonna black, it's the MCU that's doing that!!!

As regards to Tommy, he won't be a teenager for THAT long in the MCU. Kids grow up so fast these days. If he ages and lasts in the MCU, he could get married and have a kid somewhere down the line. I wouldn't mind seeing a Maximoff speedster be happy for once. I don't think I'm reducing characters. Just re-imagining them.

I agree Peter will stand out on his own and I am with you they are better as a family unit but the problem is that MCU Pietro is still dead and unless they get him back to life, I donīt think Peter or Tommy or anyone else can take his place, hence why I think Feige will simply not tell his story.

I am hopeful I am wrong and thereīs a plan to bring him back but time will tell honestly, meanwhile Pietro definitely needs to be back on comics.
    Yes, it would be great to see Pietro gain some more prominence in the comic books. I'm all for that. Even if he's an X-Man (I prefer him being an Avenger). It's strange that Feige and Whedon were so quick to get rid of Pietro. I know FOX using a version of that character was troublesome, but I'm surprised at how badly they've treated him. For the most part, Marvel Studios have shown nothing but love and affection for the characters they have introduced into the MCU. But Pietro has been sadly neglected and you could even say abused so to speak. That's why I'm hoping they treat Tommy better.

BANNED

I loved the green costume which he used to wear, back in the old days.

Yes, Sylvie is an original character. All I'm saying is that they got their inspiration from the comic books. I'm definitely not trying to be provocative. Just brainstorming. Maybe my ideas are ****. Trust me, if you think so you'll let me know.

I think Marvel/Disney is trying to set up the Young Avengers in the MCU (going out on a limb there). I don't care if they mix and match young characters from other franchises amongst them. And I don't care if they're called the Young Avengers/Champions/Teen Titans/Young Justice/Partridge Family or whatever. To me combining characters is something the MCU is doing consistently and imho should keep doing intelligently to keep us surprised. The MCU is NOT the 616 world of the comics. From what I understand, Ironheart's origin story from the comics CANNOT be duplicated in the MCU. Stark is dead and Tony can't pass the torch to her (I guess he sorta passed it to Peter)? Marvel/Disney can combine the Ironheart show with the Iron Lad Kang story and Williams can be a variant of Kang, which is possible because they are variants and not younger/older versions of themselves, so a different gender IS possible. I could totally see Marvel Studios giving Iron Lad's story to Ironheart. I don't think black folks are interchangeable. I'm saying giving Ironheart a new origin story for the Young Avengers could improve on her origin story from the comics (which I heard was just...OK). And there's been no mention of Iron Lad appearing anywhere else, so it's possible what I've suggested might happen. Or they might do something with Ravonna. It's not me making Kang and Ravonna black, it's the MCU that's doing that!!!

As regards to Tommy, he won't be a teenager for THAT long in the MCU. Kids grow up so fast these days. If he ages and lasts in the MCU, he could get married and have a kid somewhere down the line. I wouldn't mind seeing a Maximoff speedster be happy for once. I don't think I'm reducing characters. Just re-imagining them.
    I'm not expecting it to be the 616. It doesn't have to be to not have teenagers with adults and keep characters intact.

Riri didn't take the torch from Tony to begin with. She's always been her own thing. Doom just took the identity of Iron Man.

Kang can stay Kang. There are many versions of Kang but none should be merged with Riri. Sorry but that's gross. I didn't say you were making them black. I said black people are not interchangeable.

They are the Young Avengers, of course he'll likely be a teen when they debut. And Riri is definitely gonna be a teen with her own show. Speed being Pietro is not gonna make him a happy character. I don't know how that's even relative.

Yes, it would be great to see Pietro gain some more prominence in the comic books. I'm all for that. Even if he's an X-Man (I prefer him being an Avenger). It's strange that Feige and Whedon were so quick to get rid of Pietro. I know FOX using a version of that character was troublesome, but I'm surprised at how badly they've treated him. For the most part, Marvel Studios have shown nothing but love and affection for the characters they have introduced into the MCU. But Pietro has been sadly neglected and you could even say abused so to speak. That's why I'm hoping they treat Tommy better.
    I liked his time on X-factor because PAD was very good for his character development but heīs not writting for the X-side right now so I think he will be ok on Avengers, especially if Christos Gage gets to write him again.

Now I do think MCU Pietroīs dead had a lot to do with the rights conflict but another big reason for me was where each studio was coming from, like on the Fox side you had a director who say on an interview that he was personally a fan of Pietro and had been trying for years to involve him in one scene for X-men, DOFP became that time and you can tell by how that scene was done as well as Peters acting how much attention to detail and love was given to this character to shine despite not being part of the main characters and his role being a relatively small one.

Then you have MCU Pietro, you have Whedon talking about how much of a jerk character heīs, you have scenes of him stealing dresses for no other reason than to impress the many girls heīs going out with, thankfully this scene was taken out and then you have his actual scenes on Ultron, at no point his pov is important for itself, only in relation to his relationship with Wanda, so when he does ends up dead you are not actually surprised, because he didnīt even had a story at all, he was just there to be Wandaīs twin and die to make her sad and give way to her becoming an Avenger. ATJ tried to add something to the character but you canīt do much with that foundation imo.

So imo,now marvel has realized with Peters that there was another way to handle Quicksilver but they basically throw him away over character rights and narrative choices, so they bring the popular version but they still donīt have any idea how to give more bones to the MCU original version and while Fox version is popular on itself, itīs just not the same character.

Now about Tommy, I think he will do well over Young Avengers, I think he will be a teen hero but he definitely canīt become Pietro because they are just two separate and different characters and it would be a diservice to both to try and merge them together, especially when the MCU already meet ATJ Pietro.