Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1641
    Ultimate Member

They could've just brought an alternative variant from a timeline where he lived

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not expecting it to be the 616. It doesn't have to be to not have teenagers with adults and keep characters intact.

Riri didn't take the torch from Tony to begin with. She's always been her own thing. Doom just took the identity of Iron Man.

Kang can stay Kang. There are many versions of Kang but none should be merged with Riri. Sorry but that's gross. I didn't say you were making them black. I said black people are not interchangeable.

They are the Young Avengers, of course he'll likely be a teen when they debut. And Riri is definitely gonna be a teen with her own show. Speed being Pietro is not gonna make him a happy character. I don't know how that's even relative.
    Black folks are not interchangeable. I agree with you one hundred percent there. Marvel Studios is pushing diversity in the coming decade. I think it's a REALLY risky and dicey move (going woke could lead to going broke), but I understand why they're doing it. Some say that inclusivity had a role in casting Kang as a black man, but it could just be a lazy way of combining both Ironheart and Iron Lad. If Williams is a variant of Kang's, I doubt Marvel will let folks know about it right away. I guess they could make that a mystery that unfolds throughout her D+ series, and the end reveals she's a Kang variant and the only one who can defeat him. Then that would immediately be followed by Young Avengers. Basically I think it would be too much to have both Ironheart and Iron Lad and if they are truly leading up to Young Avengers at some point they can just make Ironheart a member of the MCU team with the twist coming she is a Kang variant. That's just my opinion. I say this because I haven't heard ANYTHING about Iron Lad being introduced into the MCU. You hear stuff about Williams being in Armor Wars, but nothing about Iron Lad. So that's why I get this feeling that Iron Lad might not show up in the MCU at all. And besides, from what I understand, he's basically a one-and-done character in the comic books. What's the point of bringing in a character into the MCU for him to be killed off so quickly? Ironheart's got potential to last longer in the MCU.

I don't think Speed should "become" Pietro. I'm saying that Tommy can take some elements of Pietro's history in the comics and adopt them for his own (because he doesn't have much a history himself). Like having a sometimes prickly personality and being a protective brother to his sibling. I think it also might be interesting for Tommy to explain how his perception of time can make him irritable. I'm surprised Pietro never talked about this in the comic books. At least give Tommy some material to work with I say (more than he already has in the comics)!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    They could've just brought an alternative variant from a timeline where he lived
    That's absolutely true. The reason why I have my doubts is more due to the fact that we haven't heard any rumors about Iron Lad appearing yet. I mean, with Armor Wars coming up that could change. But I figure he would be mentioned in leaks by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I liked his time on X-factor because PAD was very good for his character development but heīs not writting for the X-side right now so I think he will be ok on Avengers, especially if Christos Gage gets to write him again.

Now I do think MCU Pietroīs dead had a lot to do with the rights conflict but another big reason for me was where each studio was coming from, like on the Fox side you had a director who say on an interview that he was personally a fan of Pietro and had been trying for years to involve him in one scene for X-men, DOFP became that time and you can tell by how that scene was done as well as Peters acting how much attention to detail and love was given to this character to shine despite not being part of the main characters and his role being a relatively small one.

Then you have MCU Pietro, you have Whedon talking about how much of a jerk character heīs, you have scenes of him stealing dresses for no other reason than to impress the many girls heīs going out with, thankfully this scene was taken out and then you have his actual scenes on Ultron, at no point his pov is important for itself, only in relation to his relationship with Wanda, so when he does ends up dead you are not actually surprised, because he didnīt even had a story at all, he was just there to be Wandaīs twin and die to make her sad and give way to her becoming an Avenger. ATJ tried to add something to the character but you canīt do much with that foundation imo.

So imo,now marvel has realized with Peters that there was another way to handle Quicksilver but they basically throw him away over character rights and narrative choices, so they bring the popular version but they still donīt have any idea how to give more bones to the MCU original version and while Fox version is popular on itself, itīs just not the same character.

Now about Tommy, I think he will do well over Young Avengers, I think he will be a teen hero but he definitely canīt become Pietro because they are just two separate and different characters and it would be a diservice to both to try and merge them together, especially when the MCU already meet ATJ Pietro.
    I didn't watch the FOX movies with Peter Maximoff in them, but from what I understand that studio was far more invested in Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine and Deadpool than any other mutant. So I'm not surprised that while their Quicksilver was so well-received, he didn't have much to do ultimately. I agree with you. Whedon and Feige had ONE use for MCU Pietro. For him to die and use his death to build up Wanda as an Avenger. You can even say that Pietro dying was a HUGE reason why WandaVision even ended up happening. You could feel the love the FOX creators had for Quicksilver. I felt NONE of that for MCU Pietro. I actually think Tommy has a decent chance to do well in the MCU. Disney KNOWS they fucked up badly when it came to his uncle. Doing Tommy right could be a way of making amends.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Black folks are not interchangeable. I agree with you one hundred percent there. Marvel Studios is pushing diversity in the coming decade. I think it's a REALLY risky and dicey move (going woke could lead to going broke), but I understand why they're doing it. Some say that inclusivity had a role in casting Kang as a black man, but it could just be a lazy way of combining both Ironheart and Iron Lad. If Williams is a variant of Kang's, I doubt Marvel will let folks know about it right away. I guess they could make that a mystery that unfolds throughout her D+ series, and the end reveals she's a Kang variant and the only one who can defeat him. Then that would immediately be followed by Young Avengers. Basically I think it would be too much to have both Ironheart and Iron Lad and if they are truly leading up to Young Avengers at some point they can just make Ironheart a member of the MCU team with the twist coming she is a Kang variant. That's just my opinion. I say this because I haven't heard ANYTHING about Iron Lad being introduced into the MCU. You hear stuff about Williams being in Armor Wars, but nothing about Iron Lad. So that's why I get this feeling that Iron Lad might not show up in the MCU at all. And besides, from what I understand, he's basically a one-and-done character in the comic books. What's the point of bringing in a character into the MCU for him to be killed off so quickly? Ironheart's got potential to last longer in the MCU.

I don't think Speed should "become" Pietro. I'm saying that Tommy can take some elements of Pietro's history in the comics and adopt them for his own (because he doesn't have much a history himself). Like having a sometimes prickly personality and being a protective brother to his sibling. I think it also might be interesting for Tommy to explain how his perception of time can make him irritable. I'm surprised Pietro never talked about this in the comic books. At least give Tommy some material to work with I say (more than he already has in the comics)!
    No one saying go woke, go broke should ever be taken seriously. It's just showing the diversity that goes on in our actual world and something that comics has had, but decided to expand on. And there has been no example of going broke because of it.

The actor playing Kang is a very good actor. That most likely landed him the role. The fact that people assume something nefarious because he's black and assume all white people are the best actor for the role is very sus.

They don't need combined, period. It'd make neither of them more interesting.

It doesn't matter if Iron Lad doesn't show up, Riri should be herself.

Speed doesn't need some elements of Pietro. Let characters be themselves. Tommy has material to work with. I'm not sure why you assume such things when you admit you don't know much about these characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No one saying go woke, go broke should ever be taken seriously. It's just showing the diversity that goes on in our actual world and something that comics has had, but decided to expand on. And there has been no example of going broke because of it.

The actor playing Kang is a very good actor. That most likely landed him the role. The fact that people assume something nefarious because he's black and assume all white people are the best actor for the role is very sus.

They don't need combined, period. It'd make neither of them more interesting.

It doesn't matter if Iron Lad doesn't show up, Riri should be herself.

Speed doesn't need some elements of Pietro. Let characters be themselves. Tommy has material to work with. I'm not sure why you assume such things when you admit you don't know much about these characters.
    Jonathan Majors is a very good actor. I thought his performance was great. But I would hardly consider him to be "terrifying" as Loki put it. Looking forward to seeing more of his Kang in the future. Hopefully his variants won't act like he did: Somebody who has done FAR too many lines in the bathroom.

The ONLY reasons why I think the MCU might be doing some mixing and matching is because Tommy has had very few stories in the comic books to speak of (as folks have told me in this thread). So I think they could pull stuff from elsewhere. It's not like they haven't done that before. As regards to Ironheart, I say she might adopt PARTS of Iron Lad's story IF he doesn't show up in future movies/shows. So far I haven't heard ANYTHING about him, so it can be reasonably expected that he might not be part of a new Young Avengers group. I don't think Disney/Marvel is woke. They definitely understand they have a wide audience of liberals AND conservatives they have to cater to. Look at how strong the backlashes there were to the BLM and MeToo/Time's Up stuff. I admit I don't know much about the characters (Williams and Tommy), I'm just wondering how Disney is gonna integrate them into the MCU since I haven't heard anything about Iron Lad and Pietro's influence on Tommy is non-existent (in the MCU).

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Jonathan Majors is a very good actor. I thought his performance was great. But I would hardly consider him to be "terrifying" as Loki put it. Looking forward to seeing more of his Kang in the future. Hopefully his variants won't act like he did: Somebody who has done FAR too many lines in the bathroom.

The ONLY reasons why I think the MCU might be doing some mixing and matching is because Tommy has had very few stories in the comic books to speak of (as folks have told me in this thread). So I think they could pull stuff from elsewhere. It's not like they haven't done that before. As regards to Ironheart, I say she might adopt PARTS of Iron Lad's story IF he doesn't show up in future movies/shows. So far I haven't heard ANYTHING about him, so it can be reasonably expected that he might not be part of a new Young Avengers group. I don't think Disney/Marvel is woke. They definitely understand they have a wide audience of liberals AND conservatives they have to cater to. Look at how strong the backlashes there were to the BLM and MeToo/Time's Up stuff. I admit I don't know much about the characters (Williams and Tommy), I'm just wondering how Disney is gonna integrate them into the MCU since I haven't heard anything about Iron Lad and Pietro's influence on Tommy is non-existent (in the MCU).
    If they give him more it'll likely be his own. If they had more to tell of Pietro they'd have kept him around. It sadly was not in their plans. There hasn't been anything to indicate they plan any mash ups.

Diversity doesn't cater to one side. Unless the opposite side wants to admit themselves to being bigots. The backlashes? You mean a few mad incels? lol Yeah that had barely an impact and still doesn't. Perfect example is nothing they've boycotted has lost money or gone out of business. They are all hot air, and no brains.

I brought up Iron Lad as a possibility. That does not mean they are doing it. Just like you bringing up mash ups does not mean they are doing that.

The only thing we know is Tommy is being built up for YA like his other cast mates and Riri is getting her own show. More to come at D23. The reason most of the stuff hasn't been gone into is they have not announced YA yet. It's likely for next phase.

Spectacular Member

I think Marvel need to give Pietro some love in the books before we can rely on a movie studio to do so

I'd love to see more in comics and cartoons at the very least.

Ultimate Member

He seems to be in that odd limbo all the secondary Avengers (aside from Black Panther) ended up in during the '00s/'10s

Tommy arguably has the most interesting backstory of any YA character including Billy, & he's also the most well adjusted, he was written as the only YA member that wanted to keep being a hero after children's crusade, his fans want him to be explored with the material already there not made into a Pietro clone, the thought of him marrying Crystal and going on to have his "Cousin" Luna is weird even more so considering his most popular pairing is with David a man. Also the Inhumans are probably never coming back. Tommy could be just as popular as Billy, & arguably just as powerful as well Billy himself said Tommy warps tome & space, his powers are vastly different from Pietro's with the right push the MCU is his chance all he needs is 1 good scene like Peter had in the Fox movies & he's set for life he can stand on his own.
    Last edited by Journey; 10-09-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

If they want Luna to show up, she can always come in from the multiverse.

Speaking of Luna, has she ever interacted much with Billy & Tommy?

I think they've just closed the door entirely on the Inhumans. That show isn't even considered canon after they shut down MarvelTV. I think the next focus will be F4, then X-Men. I just doubt they'll do Inhumans and have them tied in to the F4 or anything.

baumblume

baumblume