Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

A tale of two Quicksilvers:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/a-t...ant-speedster/

I kind of like how Quicksilver and Vision are not indestructible and immortal. It just makes them more interesting in my opinion. I'm glad that the MCU is shying away from permanently resurrecting dead people. I think Wonder Woman 1984 truly fucked up Steve Trevor by bringing him back the way they did. Bringing people back from the dead is VERY hard to justify and explain, in my view. I think it should be avoided in live-action. If Vision "dies" again in WandaVision, I'm actually okay with that. He's now popular more than ever and I think it's great to leave the field of play like a champ.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-11-2021 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow! Now that's interesting...BUT I still have my doubts it will amount to anything. I personally believe that DC would object to Marvel using "Wonder" in the names of its characters, but I could be wrong. And isn't it kind of getting late to introduce Simon into the show? I DOUBT episode 6 will talk about him because I think it will stick to the sitcom format. And I have a feeling episode 7 will delve into Wanda's past. Then we get into the big battles in episodes 8 and 9. I'm skeptical.
    I´m not saying you´re wrong about Wonder Man being unlikely to appear in WandaVision. But at any point Marvel decides to use him,he can be just Simon Williams and have all of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I´m not saying you´re wrong about Wonder Man being unlikely to appear in WandaVision. But at any point Marvel decides to use him,he can be just Simon Williams and have all of his powers.
    Oh sure, I agree with you there. I think he would have to remain Simon Williams or adopt a new superhero name. But that would piss off a lot of Wondy fans. And superheroes ARE known for their superhero names. A lot of the Disney+ shows and movies are titled after the superhero names starring in them. But you're right about Simon though.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    A tale of two Quicksilvers:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/a-t...ant-speedster/

I kind of like how Quicksilver and Vision are not indestructible and immortal. It just makes them more interesting in my opinion. I'm glad that the MCU is shying away from permanently resurrecting dead people. I think Wonder Woman 1984 truly fucked up Steve Trevor by bringing him back the way they did. Bringing people back from the dead is VERY hard to justify and explain, in my view. I think it should be avoided in live-action. If Vision "dies" again in WandaVision, I'm actually okay with that. He's now popular more than ever and I think it's great to leave the field of play like a champ.
    I thought they would make Vision white at some point to differentiate him.

spoilers:
    Is Peter in WandaVision a doppelganger of some sort, or did she put his soul in another person's body?
    end of spoilers

I wish we would see Pietro in the comics. They seem to be keeping him hidden away.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel truly are treating Pietro and Wanda dirty. How could they not feature them or Vision in the comics when they're starring in a critically acclaimed TV series? They seem to love pushing Captain Marvel, Black Panther & Loki. They even gave Shang Chi love with a limited series and appearances in Agents of Atlas. All the Vision and the twins get are minor appearances in a lack luster alien invasion series and none of them were in the main story.

I wish Hickman would clean up this are-they-mutants-or-not mess and have Pietro show up in the X-titles. They could even state that he's one and she's not. Pietro always got better respect in X-titles, specifically in both X-Factor series, than in the Avengers. Plus, someone needs to give Magneto some grief every now and than -- only the way a disrespectful son can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Marvel truly are treating Pietro and Wanda dirty. How could they not feature them or Vision in the comics when they're starring in a critically acclaimed TV series? They seem to love pushing Captain Marvel, Black Panther & Loki. They even gave Shang Chi love with a limited series and appearances in Agents of Atlas. All the Vision and the twins get are minor appearances in a lack luster alien invasion series and none of them were in the main story.

I wish Hickman would clean up this are-they-mutants-or-not mess and have Pietro show up in the X-titles. They could even state that he's one and she's not. Pietro always got better respect in X-titles, specifically in both X-Factor series, than in the Avengers. Plus, someone needs to give Magneto some grief every now and than -- only the way a disrespectful son can.
    They aren't mutants. I don't think there's confusion. I'd like them to be mutants because it's annoying that every mutant is obligated to be on an X-team, if not, they are hated, and later get their mutant license revoked. And it gives the diversity of species that the Avengers always had. I think the X-Office doesn't want much to do with the Avengers, and Hickman made it clear that Wanda is not to be trusted. Pietro is with Wanda by association and is more of an Avengers. Despite all this, they should be mutants and they should have solos, or be a part of a team.

They might be saving them being becoming mutants again for after the show, or even the Multiverse of Madness. It's a question of "when" they'll do it, than a question of "if" they'll do it. The Eternals should've been out at the end of 2019 the latest, but Marvel's pushing the X-Men for now. So I don't expect to see anything else be that important for the time being. Not even Wanda and Pietro.

BANNED

why make them mutants if it's not to be used in mutant books? that just a very heavy contradiction?
    What's the point of further messing up an already messy origin just so they can... be avengers like they have been since the axis retcon, so they can be used as a way to mess up x-office plans?

Also hickman wont spend page time on reversing a franklin situation when any avengers writer can erase it, it seems like a waste of resources when the pretenders story line is pure gold
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-12-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    why make them mutants if it's not to be used in mutant books? that just a very heavy contradiction?
    What's the point of further messing up an already messy origin just so they can... be avengers like they have been since the axis retcon, so they can be used as a way to mess up x-office plans?

Also hickman wont spend page time on reversing a franklin situation when any avengers writer can erase it, it seems like a waste of resources when the pretenders story line is pure gold
    Because it's boring for all mutants to be in X-Men books. They're a species that shouldn't be limited to being de facto members of X-team just because they were born mutants. It made the Marvel Universe more realistic having them spread out. Then people complain about Ms. Marvel being an inhuman when we know if she were a mutant they'd put her in an X-Men book and she'd be shoved out of any meaning roles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Because it's boring for all mutants to be in X-Men books. They're a species that shouldn't be limited to being de facto members of X-team just because they were born mutants. It made the Marvel Universe more realistic having them spread out. Then people complain about Ms. Marvel being an inhuman when we know if she were a mutant they'd put her in an X-Men book and she'd be shoved out of any meaning roles.
    1st: you can have those already aka justice or firestar or create new ones, but the maximoffs aren't just an outline, they are the reason for the second worse mutant genocide in history and nearly a decade of x-men books, they are forever conected as antagonists to mutants, if you turn them into ones once more they won't be "left alone" because the baggage there is simply too heavy.
    if you want them on the avengers and whatever they can remain as they are without further complications.
    Also no one's stoping anyone from creating new mutants on an avengers team btw.

Second: I never cared about kamala either way, probably never willso im sure as hell not "people" in this context

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wish we would see Pietro in the comics. They seem to be keeping him hidden away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

Let’s hope a growing demand to see the Maximoff family will encourage Marvel to make something happen.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 02-12-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    1st: you can have those already aka justice or firestar or create new ones, but the maximoffs aren't just an outline, they are the reason for the second worse mutant genocide in history and nearly a decade of x-men books, they are forever conected as antagonists to mutants, if you turn them into ones once more they won't be "left alone" because the baggage there is simply too heavy.
    if you want them on the avengers and whatever they can remain as they are without further complications.
    Also no one's stoping anyone from creating new mutants on an avengers team btw.

Second: I never cared about kamala either way, probably never willso im sure as hell not "people" in this context
    That's a huge problem with X-books. If mutants don't fall in line they are not mutants according to many. There can be mutants who are villains, just as there can be mutants that are heroes. It makes no sense to say that someone shouldn't be a mutant because they did something terrible. There's supposed to be interesting stories without hating on characters. Wanda's persona non-grata status is absurd. Mutants should be everywhere and mix with everyone instead of being restricted to the pages of X-Men.

With the Kamala reference, there are a lot of people, even though you might not be one of them, who like her and feel like she should've been a mutant. I'm saying, the X-office would've made her a secondary character in their 15th team book instead of the independent character she is. Because let's face it, legacy X-Men will never allow any room for any new mutant character to be more popular. It would be a waste of energy to make a solo mutant when you have Storm, Wolverine, Emma, Jean, etc. They know that. That's why they just took legacy characters and had to reinvent the whole brand to take over what they probably originally planned for the inhumans.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    Is Peter in WandaVision a doppelganger of some sort, or did she put his soul in another person's body?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The episode does seem to imply that he’s MCU Pietro resurrected with Evan’s face due to the Hex translating it into sitcom tropes. But then how de not know who Vision was when he arrived, to suddenly knowingly Vision had died before?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    The episode does seem to imply that he’s MCU Pietro resurrected with Evan’s face due to the Hex translating it into sitcom tropes. But then how de not know who Vision was when he arrived, to suddenly knowingly Vision had died before?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's him. I think he's the villain.
    end of spoilers