Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

In earth 10005 Fox/Gifted

Last edited by juan678; 02-20-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Last edited by juan678; 02-20-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

It’s such a delight seeing the Maximoff and Minimoff twins capture popular imagination with such gusto. I think this is their moment to become household names. We just need them on regular books again and spending time together, and I can be at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It’s such a delight seeing the Maximoff and Minimoff twins capture popular imagination with such gusto. I think this is their moment to become household names. We just need them on regular books again and spending time together, and I can be at peace.
    IF Pietro is who he claims to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Even if he isn't, it's still highlighing them all as a group and family in a way that's been lacking in the books. Marvel tends to put things in comics after they prove to be popular in live action, so it wouldn't be out of the question to hope this will lead to more Maximoff stuff in the books. And maybe hopefully re-establishing their x-genes.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Even if he isn't, it's still highlighing them all as a group and family in a way that's been lacking in the books. Marvel tends to put things in comics after they prove to be popular in live action, so it wouldn't be out of the question to hope this will lead to more Maximoff stuff in the books. And maybe hopefully re-establishing their x-genes.
    It'll be tough to connect Vision, Wanda, Pietro, Billy and Tommy in the books. But it seems quite popular in the show, so I think some synergy can happen. But if Pietro is involved in "kidnapping" Billy and Tommy, I don't know what will happen! I hope that eventuality never occurs!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Even if this turns out to be Mephisto or three rabbits standing on top of each other in a person costume, WV has greatly raised his profile. With his MCU canon death, and the discontinuation of the Fox movies, that’s no small feat.

Of course, it would be far better if Pietro and Wanda also had a steady presence in the comics. That would be a real sign of the show’s success: seeing them used more often instead of languishing in limbo.

I’m trying to optimistic, because this show is a good thing. But Marvel comics seems determined to pretend WandaVision isn’t happening.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Even if this turns out to be Mephisto or three rabbits standing on top of each other in a person costume, WV has greatly raised his profile. With his MCU canon death, and the discontinuation of the Fox movies, that’s no small feat.

Of course, it would be far better if Pietro and Wanda also had a steady presence in the comics. That would be a real sign of the show’s success: seeing them used more often instead of languishing in limbo.

I’m trying to optimistic, because this show is a good thing. But Marvel comics seems determined to pretend WandaVision isn’t happening.
    I absolutely agree with you. Audiences LOVE Pietro being part of the Vision household. They love him being a weird uncle. I know I certainly do. I just wish there could have been more time for Wanda, Vision, Pietro and the twin boys to interact more than they did in Episode 6! That was one of my biggest disappointments from that episode. I'm hoping this Pietro is a multiverse one. That way he IS truly Quicksilver in my eyes (I liked ATJ's version, but I think it's unlikely he gets revived so I'm on the Peters' train right now). I think comic book readers would love to see the Vision, the Maximoffs, Billy and Tommy interact more in the books too.

art by Vivalski

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    No joke, I was listening to this song while browsing CBR, and the beat seems to match up:

Pietro's nephews got some rhythm.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I am loving Peter in wandavision, hope he gets clear of Agatha´s mind control and helps Wanda and his nephews
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I guess Feige and company never considered bringing ATJ back for WandaVision:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev.../1100-6488023/

Look, maybe Peters's version is not the most comic book accurate. But if he's well-liked, then I'm okay with this decision. I like it when movies and shows change things from the comic books. I just feel bad for ATJ. Dude must be pretty pissed right now.

BANNED

I guess Feige and company never considered bringing ATJ back for WandaVision:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev.../1100-6488023/

Look, maybe Peters's version is not the most comic book accurate. But if he's well-liked, then I'm okay with this decision. I like it when movies and shows change things from the comic books. I just feel bad for ATJ. Dude must be pretty pissed right now.
    Feige went with the most popular Quicksilver. Evan Peters´s small part in DOFP was awesome, and he had another amazing showing in X-Men Apocalypse. His portrayal of Quicksilver was more fun and sarcastic.