Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Feige went with the most popular Quicksilver. Evan Peters´s small part in DOFP was awesome, and he had another amazing showing in X-Men Apocalypse. His portrayal of Quicksilver was more fun and sarcastic.
    Yes, I agree. It was the right decision. I just feel bad for ATJ. Missing out on the most popular television series in the world like that!

I re-watched DoFP and Apoc and I feel like now I like this Quicksilver more. Because they give better respect to his powers than the MCU did. I'm still mad that the MCU version died to bullets when Pietro is faster than bullets. I now hope that version was a skrull.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I re-watched DoFP and Apoc and I feel like now I like this Quicksilver more. Because they give better respect to his powers than the MCU did. I'm still mad that the MCU version died to bullets when Pietro is faster than bullets. I now hope that version was a skrull.
    Don't Skrulls revert to their original forms after they die? If that's the case, the original MCU Quicksilver is still VERY dead.

They showed Pietro very briefly after he fell. It could be just that the form it turned back into happened off camera. There was never a burial for Pietro. So we don't know what happened to him after. It could be that they never recovered his body, and that Skrulls took the body back. Which would be better than Pietro suddenly can't go Mach 5 and rescue two people from bullets.

Quicksilver speed: 3836.35 miles per hour
    Bullets: 1,800 miles per hour
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-25-2021 at 12:38 AM.

BANNED

I fail to see why people always complain about this, MCU Quicksilver's speed was perfectly fine, he was enough to be formidable but not so fast he that his powers completely break the plot, like Fox Quicksilver, they give him one thing do each movie and then he's entirely useless in every other aspect because of how fast they made him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Feige went with the most popular Quicksilver. Evan Peters´s small part in DOFP was awesome, and he had another amazing showing in X-Men Apocalypse. His portrayal of Quicksilver was more fun and sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess Feige and company never considered bringing ATJ back for WandaVision:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev.../1100-6488023/

Look, maybe Peters's version is not the most comic book accurate. But if he's well-liked, then I'm okay with this decision. I like it when movies and shows change things from the comic books. I just feel bad for ATJ. Dude must be pretty pissed right now.
    I saw this news that Fiege was already targeting the evan's quicksilver, still from a film POV, He should have stuck with Aaron Johnson quicksilver, even if Fiege will get lucky with the multiverse explanation with evan's quicksilver.

Also Fiege may have a flawed understanding of popularity than long term effect. I am beginning to find Evan's Quicksilver a strange effect. two things that bug me to where he began and where he is now.

1. He awesome scene in DOFP was all down to Singer using some kind of special effects in movies that comic book movies have never seen or used or likely to use again, you don't see those kind of effects in MCU , how is it that Evan's break out scene in the movie is something mcu would never even have thought off to do but here he is in the MCU universe now. maybe it is fate, I don't know.

2. In DOFP, he got no character devlopment, the only thing memorable about him from a story telling point was him dropping the hint that magneto was his father and the little girl he was holding was either Wanda or Polaris.

Moreover, I just hope Wandavsion does not end with no mention or even cameo of Aaron Johnson, It would be a mistake.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-25-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I still think that if we don't see Aaron Taylor-Johnson in a flashback scene, it'll be because he didn't want to come back.

They might have decided on Evan Peters for in-story reasons, or the story reasons might have been developed around who was available. But there would in theory be plenty of opportunities to show the real Pietro when they do the flashbacks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I still think that if we don't see Aaron Taylor-Johnson in a flashback scene, it'll be because he didn't want to come back.

They might have decided on Evan Peters for in-story reasons, or the story reasons might have been developed around who was available. But there would in theory be plenty of opportunities to show the real Pietro when they do the flashbacks.
    Spoilers about wandavison read or don't read but you have been warned

Agatha is behind everything. the one theory now is Peters QS is a fake but I cannot see how much different that will make since if he is a fake, then that means there is a real QS which now from Feige own POV is still Evan. To re-fit Aaron's QS back to the story, will mean The real Evan QS is from a parallel universe and Agatha has just hired a look alike to trick wanda as she is having a reality meltdown.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-25-2021 at 09:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I saw this news that Fiege was already targeting the evan's quicksilver, still from a film POV, He should have stuck with Aaron Johnson quicksilver, even if Fiege will get lucky with the multiverse explanation with evan's quicksilver.

Also Fiege may have a flawed understanding of popularity than long term effect. I am beginning to find Evan's Quicksilver a strange effect. two things that bug me to where he began and where he is now.

1. He awesome scene in DOFP was all down to Singer using some kind of special effects in movies that comic book movies have never seen or used or likely to use again, you don't see those kind of effects in MCU , how is it that Evan's break out scene in the movie is something mcu would never even have thought off to do but here he is in the MCU universe now. maybe it is fate, I don't know.

2. In DOFP, he got no character devlopment, the only thing memorable about him from a story telling point was him dropping the hint that magneto was his father and the little girl he was holding was either Wanda or Polaris.

Moreover, I just hope Wandavsion does not end with no mention or even cameo of Aaron Johnson, It would be a mistake.
    Kevin Feige has made Disney hundreds of billions of dollars. He knows what he is doing. There´s a reason that he is a rich man.

Film universes are just so broadly unlike anything that previous comic book fans were historically use to.

Aaron Taylor Johnson appeared in one film, his character was killed off, and there was absolutely no loss to Disney/Marvel.

I mean a person here or there could miss ATJ. Won´t affect Disney´s financial line. They went with the most popular Quicksilver. Names and popularity do matter in casting and have a lot to do with the financial success of projects, as does good acting, writing, and directing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really don't see Evan Peters casting as a slight to ATJ, nor as a decision to go with "the most popular Quicksilver", although I can see why it could be viewed as such. Simply put:

- You have ATJ reprise his role, regardless of whether it's a true resurrection or an evil magical doppelgänger, and people will be speculating as to the true nature of Pietro.

- But if you have Evan Peters returning as Quicksilver, people will go absolutely nuts, not only speculating about the true nature of this return but what it means in terms of the multiverse, the X-Men, the Fox movies, with dozens of headlines grabbed for weeks over a 15 second-appearance at the end of one episode.

I don't believe it has anything to do about the actors themselves but rather it's all about which Pietro is going to generate the most interest.

They showed Pietro very briefly after he fell. It could be just that the form it turned back into happened off camera. There was never a burial for Pietro. So we don't know what happened to him after. It could be that they never recovered his body, and that Skrulls took the body back. Which would be better than Pietro suddenly can't go Mach 5 and rescue two people from bullets.

Quicksilver speed: 3836.35 miles per hour
    Bullets: 1,800 miles per hour
    Sounds pretty complicated to me. I thought he looked very VERY dead at the end of Week of Ultron. Like Swiss cheese dead. At this point, I doubt ATJ will come back. Because I'm starting to think that Peters is actually the Fox version of Quicksilver. And I think he might have to be returned home in MoM. Why would they cast Peters otherwise? They could have gotten any other actor to play "Pietro" in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I fail to see why people always complain about this, MCU Quicksilver's speed was perfectly fine, he was enough to be formidable but not so fast he that his powers completely break the plot, like Fox Quicksilver, they give him one thing do each movie and then he's entirely useless in every other aspect because of how fast they made him.
    Because it isn't accurate to his abilities and was slowed down to just kill him off before he got any development. He goes Mach 5 in comics. His X-Men counterpart was definitely not too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

I doubt this will ever happen. I think ATJ is absolutely dead in the MCU. I would preferred him to be in WandaVision, but since the show made it clear that Wanda can't bring people back from the dead, it's very likely he stays dead. We're getting close to the end of the series. To keep adding more cameos would be wasting precious screen time that is needed for other characters. They've talked a lot about Pietro already in WandaVision and even showed him dying. I can live with Marvel Studios' decision. If the Fox Quicksilver is more popular than the Disney one, I totally understand why they brought him in. I've read that Peters had better chemistry with Olsen than Johnson did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sounds pretty complicated to me. I thought he looked very VERY dead at the end of Week of Ultron. Like Swiss cheese dead. At this point, I doubt ATJ will come back. Because I'm starting to think that Peters is actually the Fox version of Quicksilver. And I think he might have to be returned home in MoM. Why would they cast Peters otherwise? They could have gotten any other actor to play "Pietro" in WandaVision.
    We'll see what they do and how they do it. For sure the MCU version is permanently gone. So any version is better than none. He like Wanda is nowhere else. So it's the only place to get any version of Quicksilver.