Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Pietro, being a fictional character written by many different writers, has a sort of "personality range". Comic Quicksilver can be like Evan Peter's version of the character. I remember one panel from the early Avengers comic where Quicksilver pops out of nowhere and says something like "It's me, fleet-footed fun boy Quicksilver". So being fun is not completely OOC for Quicksilver. I think the biggest problem with Evan's Quicksilver, from the fan's point of view, was that he had no Wanda to fuss over...also, his hair and costume were completely off ( But then again Avengers also f-ed up the appearance of their Quicksilver).
    What hurt ATJ's Quicksilver was that he barely got any screen time. Wanda was pretty much the focus in every scene that he was in, so he didn't get to really show off his personality...Actually, it would be interesting to find out if Evan Peter's 2 scenes in Days of Future Past lasted longer than all of Aaron Taylor Johnson's scenes in Age of Ultron.
    Yes, personalities can change with different writers and I do prefer Quicksilver being a "man-child" as opposed to being "emo". It just makes him more endearing to me. I think that's why ATJ's version was not as popular, unfortunately. It does feel weird seeing the twins apart though. I actually liked Pietro more than Wanda in AoU. She was just too "evil" for me. He seemed less so? I do agree that ATJ needed more screen time for him to build up his character and popularity, but you know...Studio politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    FoX-Men Quicksilver was a Dawson's Creek character with the Flash's power. He was like Justice League's Flash with grey hair. I know that FoX-Men came first, but I think the power set was the Flash basically. He hardly said anything interesting and was a Deux Ex Machina type character that appeared at the right time for the same scene. I think people just liked him because the scenes he was in were cool as opposed to him being an interesting take on the Quicksilver character.
    Yeah, I agree with you there. He was definitely more Flash than Quicksilver from what I've seen (I never actually watched the X-Men movies Peters was in).

Looking back on Episode 6, I have to say that Pietro's and Tommy's costumes have grown on me a LOT. They were pretty cute actually. Anyways, do folks here think that Fietro will appear in the Multiverse of Madness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    There's no where in that statement that indicates they're keeping the character around.
    And they won't confirm anything ahead of time ever. They made an early decision to have Evan Peters instead of ATJ early on. It's most likely a fake out. But there's no way to know. And they are good at teasing things.

So it's not something I'm expecting. Not something I'm against.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And they won't confirm anything ahead of time ever. They made an early decision to have Evan Peters instead of ATJ early on. It's most likely a fake out. But there's no way to know. And they are good at teasing things.

So it's not something I'm expecting. Not something I'm against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Looking back on Episode 6, I have to say that Pietro's and Tommy's costumes have grown on me a LOT. They were pretty cute actually. Anyways, do folks here think that Fietro will appear in the Multiverse of Madness?
    The nature of Quicksilver’s existence, his possible role in future movies or shows, and what it portends for the fate of the MCU as a whole is being left for the finale. Something even the reveal of the Scarlet Witch title and the existence of White Vision wasn’t saved for. Either this was so important an answer that it justified the waiting and level of secrecy around Evan Peters being casted ... or they put in a very expensive Easter egg that justified itself with the level of attention it bought to the show. Or, perhaps even more likely due to the limited run time and expense of the episodes, it’s there to do both.

But, who knows. We may not even find out until Multiverse of Madness next year.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The nature of Quicksilver’s existence, his possible role in future movies or shows, and what it portends for the fate of the MCU as a whole is being left for the finale. Something even the reveal of the Scarlet Witch title and the existence of White Vision wasn’t saved for. Either this was so important an answer that it justified the waiting and level of secrecy around Evan Peters being casted ... or they put in a very expensive Easter egg that justified itself with the level of attention it bought to the show. Or, perhaps even more likely due to the limited run time and expense of the episodes, it’s there to do both.

You are likely right. The director had an interview where he spoke about Wanda's story being far from over.

"We were trying to tell a complete story in terms of the narrative around Westview, N.J., and we hope that there’s some resolution to that story, and that it is satisfying and also surprising for the fans. But Wanda will continue into Doctor Strange [in the Multiverse of Madness], and there’s a lot more to her story to be told, so this is only one part of a very complicated and very rich life.”

"Wanda has suffered more loss than anybody in the MCU. She’s gone through so much and that was always the emotional core of WandaVision, exploring loss and how we come back from [it]."

https://tvline.com/2021/03/02/wandav...s-disney-plus/

So definitely a lot of things won't be resolved here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You are likely right. The director had an interview where he spoke about Wanda's story being far from over.

"We were trying to tell a complete story in terms of the narrative around Westview, N.J., and we hope that there’s some resolution to that story, and that it is satisfying and also surprising for the fans. But Wanda will continue into Doctor Strange [in the Multiverse of Madness], and there’s a lot more to her story to be told, so this is only one part of a very complicated and very rich life.”

"Wanda has suffered more loss than anybody in the MCU. She’s gone through so much and that was always the emotional core of WandaVision, exploring loss and how we come back from [it]."

https://tvline.com/2021/03/02/wandav...s-disney-plus/

So definitely a lot of things won't be resolved here.
    That may frustrate some viewers, who more than ever want instant gratification and to have their fan theory proven right. It certainly hasn’t escaped the show runners, that’s for sure.

As an aside, I admit this hasn’t occurred to me:

Shakman hints at a major question looming over the finale: “Who is the real Vision?”
    That it’s even a question at all would suggest there is a real one in the first place. I had assumed Hex Vision was a basically a living memory, and White Vision is a soulless zombie. I can’t decide if that makes Vision more or less likely to stay dead, or if it is a clue to the Fietro question.

What they decide to resolve here and what they leave for Multiverse of Madness will be interesting, at least. Hopefully satisfying as well.

I don't see anything wrong with what Shakman said to be honest with you. The premise of the show should have been clear to everyone, it's a character study of Wanda not a multiverse spanning adventure with demons. Ever since the first week when I saw Mephisto being mentioned online, I've been at a loss as to why. For a moment I legit thought I'd been spoiled by leaks or something, until realizing it was just a dumb theory. Why the **** would episode 1 make you believe Mephisto has to do with anything!? So many theories from fans seem like they've been pulled out of asses. Mephisto, Reed, Mutants, etc.

"But Fietro made a horn gesture that one time!"

Modern audiences are increasingly becoming incapable of consuming media properly.

The only theory I will entertain is that Fietro is from the Fox universe, because I loath the idea that it's just stunt-casting. Casting the Fox actor but saying it's not the Fox character is just too nonsensical for my liking. (but as I've argued before, if Agatha can literally drag people across the multiverse, it undermines her character's motivation for pestering Wanda for lessons on how to be powerful. So...stunt casting it is then. :| )
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-03-2021 at 02:52 PM.

I don't see anything wrong with what Shakman said to be honest with you. The premise of the show should have been clear to everyone, it's a character study of Wanda not a multiverse spanning adventure with demons. Ever since the first week when I saw Mephisto being mentioned online, I've been at a loss as to why. For a moment I legit thought I'd been spoiled by leaks or something, until realising it was just a dumb theory. Why the **** would episode 1 make you believe Mephisto has to do with anything!? So many theories from fans seem like they've been pulled out of asses. Mephisto, Reed, Mutants, etc.

"But Fietro made a horn gesture that one time!"

Modern audiences are increasingly becoming incapable of consuming media properly.
    It’s like a large game of telephone being played by the internet; fan hopes become fan theory that snowballs into rumor until reaching Mandela effect status where people could swear they heard Mephisto was officially confirmed. It also shows how few of them read comics about these two. The supposed Easter egg of making Pietro’s Halloween hair a nod to Wolverine was completely made up by people who didn’t realize it was done in Pietro’s canon hair style.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

The only theory I will entertain is that Fietro is from the Fox universe, because I loath the idea that it's just stunt-casting. Casting the Fox actor but saying it's not the Fox character is just too nonsensical for my liking. (but as I've argued before, if Agatha can literally drag people across the multiverse, it undermines her character's motivation for pestering Wanda for lessons on how to be powerful. So...stunt casting it is then. :| )
    I honestly have no idea how this will end. No amount of theorizing will matter the second the show airs, and short of a massive leak, we won’t know ahead of time either. I haven’t entirely ruled that out as a possibility. But I sure wish I could be as confident as so many are that he is or isn’t some version of Pietro. Friday is going to be interesting, that’s for sure.

It’s like a large game of telephone being played by the internet; fan hopes become fan theory that snowballs into rumor until reaching Mandela effect status where people could swear they heard Mephisto was officially confirmed. It also shows how few of them read comics about these two. The supposed Easter egg of making Pietro’s Halloween hair a nod to Wolverine was completely made up by people who didn’t realize it was done in Pietro’s canon hair style.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

I honestly have no idea how this will end. No amount of theorizing will matter the second the show airs, and short of a massive leak, we won’t know ahead of time either. I haven’t entirely ruled that out as a possibility. But I sure wish I could be as confident as so many are that he is or isn’t some version of Pietro. Friday is going to be interesting, that’s for sure.
    It's amazing how ignorant these so-called nerd experts are! I don't pretend to be an authority on the comic books, but I have some general idea of who the characters are from my limited exposure to them. The whole Mephisto thing got out of control. I originally was absolutely convinced he would be the main baddie of this show, but then I realized that Disney probably wouldn't go that route due to the outright opposition throughout much of the world to having the Devil depicted in fiction (especially superhero stories). So Billy and Tommy will need a new origin story. And that's fine by me. However, I bet some viewers think Wanda IS Mephisto at this point.

It's amazing how ignorant these so-called nerd experts are! I don't pretend to be an authority on the comic books, but I have some general idea of who the characters are from my limited exposure to them. The whole Mephisto thing got out of control. I originally was absolutely convinced he would be the main baddie of this show, but then I realized that Disney probably wouldn't go that route due to the outright opposition throughout much of the world to having the Devil depicted in fiction (especially superhero stories). So Billy and Tommy will need a new origin story. And that's fine by me. However, I bet some viewers think Wanda IS Mephisto at this point.
    A lot of the time?

Folks are going to go for whatever is going to potentially nab a few clicks.

The degree to which it is(or is not...) likely?

Essentially a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A lot of the time?

Folks are going to go for whatever is going to potentially nab a few clicks.

The degree to which it is(or is not...) likely?

Essentially a non-issue.
    Yep. I totally agree with you there.

No Spoilers

but marvel.................................................. ....................................