Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

More so-called "leaks" claiming that Evan Peters is the new Quicksilver in WandaVision:

https://fandomwire.com/x-men-confirm...oiler-warning/

As I have said MANY times before, I'm NOT a fan of replacing ATJ with Peters. I think it's confusing and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I've resigned myself to the fact that "Peter" will probably show up in WandaVision and not "Pietro". I think it's a dick move on Disney's part to do this to ATJ. But I think they don't want to embarrass Olsen about her Sokovian "accent" by bringing ATJ back. And Peters was the far more popular Quicksilver. For me, I had long resisted the notion that Peters would be Quicksilver, but I have changed my mind in the past couple of weeks. I saw that picture of Peters and took a look at the YouTube videos of the Fox Quicksilver (I never watched the Fox movies Quicksilver was in). Their hairstyles are IDENTICAL. So I think Peters will be Quicksilver. I really REALLY hope he gives a great performance that is closer to the comic book version of Quicksilver. As I've mentioned earlier, I'll take THIS Quicksilver over NO Quicksilver at all. Wanda needs to be with her husband, kids AND brother.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

The moment Evan Peters responds to being called brother by Elizabeth Olsen, then I’ll believe he’s Quicksilver. Or at least, how Fox and now the MCU interprets him as. The ATJ one truly was more like him in regards to personality and his background. It’s a damn shame if they really do this, both to the actor and the character. I’ll be disappointed. Maybe someday in the future, Pietro and Wanda will be done right without interference of corporate feuds and copyright battles, and of course, racism.

It will also be tacit acknowledgement that Pietro at least is a mutant. As it stands, all the signs are pointing to Wanda earning her title as Scarlet Witch. Agnes seems like Agatha Harkness, and the show itself is calling her powers magic. But they could make it so that the Mind gem unlocked Wanda’s gift for witchcraft (which will be refined with the help of Agnes) and activated Pietro’s X gene, and that could tie the respective studio versions together. Especially if they plan to keep anymore of the Fox cast, like Sir Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender.

BANNED

there's a leaker on reddit named : u/SookieIsMine84, that perfectly described the first episode nearly a month before in a way that's not very possible to figure out and to every detail and beat, described posters and even leaked set pictures, and they state evans is playing quicksilver
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-18-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    there's a leaker on reddit named : u/SookieIsMine84, that perfectly described the first episode nearly a month before in a way that's not very possible to figure out and to every detail and beat, described posters and even leaked set pictures, and they state evans is playing quicksilver
    maybe the cast him as Speed instead of Quicksilver? Would be easy to confuse both characters.

We know already that Wanda is pregnant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe the cast him as Speed instead of Quicksilver?

We know already that Wanda is pregnant.
    if you look trough their posts and comments it all came true, soooo.
    And evan's doesnt pass for a teenager anymore

if you look trough their posts and comments it all came true, soooo.
    And evan's doesnt pass for a teenager anymore
    I would be happy with it. He is such a great Quicksilver. I think it is a great idea for the multiverse storyline happening in many Marvel movies next year.

Could you maybe share a link where those spoilers are discussed online?

BANNED

I would be happy with it. He is such a great Quicksilver. I think it is a great idea for the multiverse storyline happening in many Marvel movies next year.

https://www.reddit.com/user/SookieIsMine84/

scroll trough their posts/comments
    you get the panorama

https://www.reddit.com/user/SookieIsMine84/

scroll trough their posts/comments
    you get the panorama
    thank you very much!!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

He epitomized fan-service in a movie. He was nothing like the comic book character and didn't even have any ties to any of the characters he had to on screen. He was a discount Flash basically. The dynamic he had with Wanda, his accent, his demeanor, and power set in the Avengers movie was him. Killing him off so Fox could use him was a crappy move, but at least he has more of chance of returning. They would just need to change Peters from being a teenage American with teenage angst, to a Sokovian that has a close relationship with his sister that triggered her power range because of his death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    He epitomized fan-service in a movie. He was nothing like the comic book character and didn't even have any ties to any of the characters he had to on screen. He was a discount Flash basically. The dynamic he had with Wanda, his accent, his demeanor, and power set in the Avengers movie was him. Killing him off so Fox could use him was a crappy move, but at least he has more of chance of returning. They would just need to change Peters from being a teenage American with teenage angst, to a Sokovian that has a close relationship with his sister that triggered her power range because of his death.
    The Fox version of Quicksilver felt like a toned-down version of the X-Men: Evolution version. Which makes sense because Fox's X-Men movies have a history of using the cartoons as a reference point.

Here's a thought, though. What if it's not really about replacing the previous Quicksilver as maybe part of the gag and the illusion. Maybe he's their Becky Conner. If anyone doesn't get the reference, the sitcom Roseanne recast the oldest daughter Becky during its run. When the new actress came on, they kept making jokes for a while that she wasn't the same person or that she looked really different. And WandaVision is doing this whole sitcom thing. So, maybe it starts off with them making jokes about how "Uncle Pietro" looks different. Your typical "Oh, I didn't recognize you" or "You look different. Did you change your hair?" but then escalating to Wanda realizing that it's not really her brother, which is when we get the tense "something isn't right" moment for that episode.
    Last edited by AdamFTF; 01-18-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The Fox version of Quicksilver felt like a toned-down version of the X-Men: Evolution version. Which makes sense because Fox's X-Men movies have a history of using the cartoons as a reference point.

Here's a thought, though. What if it's not really about replacing the previous Quicksilver as maybe part of the gag and the illusion. Maybe he's their Becky Conner. If anyone doesn't get the reference, the sitcom Roseanne recast the oldest daughter Becky during its run. When the new actress came on, they kept making jokes for a while that she wasn't the same person or that she looked really different. And WandaVision is doing this whole sitcom thing. So, maybe it starts off with them making jokes about how "Uncle Pietro" looks different. Your typical "Oh, I didn't recognize you" or "You look different. Did you change your hair?" but then escalating to Wanda realizing that it's not really her brother, which is when we get the tense "something isn't right" moment for that episode.
    I could see that happening.

Any sightings of Pietro in the comics?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Any sightings of Pietro in the comics?
    Pietro hasn’t been seen since Empyre: Avengers. There has been no sign of where he will appear next.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The moment Evan Peters responds to being called brother by Elizabeth Olsen, then I’ll believe he’s Quicksilver. Or at least, how Fox and now the MCU interprets him as. The ATJ one truly was more like him in regards to personality and his background. It’s a damn shame if they really do this, both to the actor and the character. I’ll be disappointed. Maybe someday in the future, Pietro and Wanda will be done right without interference of corporate feuds and copyright battles, and of course, racism.

It will also be tacit acknowledgement that Pietro at least is a mutant. As it stands, all the signs are pointing to Wanda earning her title as Scarlet Witch. Agnes seems like Agatha Harkness, and the show itself is calling her powers magic. But they could make it so that the Mind gem unlocked Wanda’s gift for witchcraft (which will be refined with the help of Agnes) and activated Pietro’s X gene, and that could tie the respective studio versions together. Especially if they plan to keep anymore of the Fox cast, like Sir Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender.
    I think it's actually a little bit more complicated than that. I think Peters is POSING as Quicksilver in WandaVision. Remember that audition tape that was leaked on YouTube a year ago about the twins talking about their "uncle"? People at the time were excited thinking ATJ was coming back and being a loving uncle to his nephews, right? But if you listen to one of the boys talking, it appears that the twins are actually TERRIFIED of him. They DON'T want to wake him up and they think he's secretly a vampire. I know I'm going out on a LONG limb here, but I think this "Quicksilver" might not be a Fox mutant at all. I think he could be a demon of some sort who enters the Vision household right after Wanda gives birth. I HATE the idea of Quicksilver being a villain in this show, but I actually think it's a real possibility. We'll have to see. I don't like Pietro being portrayed as a bad guy at all.

Well I prefer ATJ over Peters (who in my view, is only popular because of one scene), but I wouldn't hate seeing Peters on the show as a wink-wink to the audience. Hopefully both will appear. But I doubt either will make it out to the "real world", especially if Vision will (which I also doubt will happen).