Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

i wish we had more QS in the MCU. Killing him was a mistake.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    i wish we had more QS in the MCU. Killing him was a mistake.
    I don’t think Marvel has any idea what to do with him since the retcon. His primary storyline was being a mutant, the son of Magneto, and his place among fellow mutants as one of the one of the first and most recognizable mutant on the premier hero team. Now that he’s just exists as the Avenger no one on the team likes. If the retcon stands, I’m afraid he doesn’t have much of a future since the Avengers writers have never known what to do with him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I don’t think Marvel has any idea what to do with him since the retcon. His primary storyline was being a mutant, the son of Magneto, and his place among fellow mutants as one of the one of the first and most recognizable mutant on the premier hero team. Now that he’s just exists as the Avenger no one on the team likes. If the retcon stands, I’m afraid he doesn’t have much of a future since the Avengers writers have never known what to do with him.
    Well, he still has his relationship with Wanda, and isn't he friends with Steve? Plus he married into the Inhuman family and has a daughter in that family. He wasn't Magneto's son for 18 years, so couldn't they draw on that?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I will ask Ewing if Pietro will make an appareance on S.W.O.R.D given heīs already mentioned Billy, Teddy and Wanda on the first issue, its expected to see him around too. I donīt think Ewing can undo the retcon but he has a very good handle on them and they can build a relationship post retcon. At least I can see him writting Pietro a lot better than Aaron.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I will ask Ewing if Pietro will make an appareance on S.W.O.R.D given heīs already mentioned Billy, Teddy and Wanda on the first issue, its expected to see him around too. I donīt think Ewing can undo the retcon but he has a very good handle on them and they can build a relationship post retcon. At least I can see him writting Pietro a lot better than Aaron.
    I've discussed this on other subs, but does Magneto being Quicksilver's dad benefit him? Didn't he kill him in HoM? I understand a lot of fans are attached to them being related, and I don't think that's wrong at all, especially with all the corporate nonsense towards the X-Men comics. I'm just wondering if it's fair to reduce him to more of an X-Man than an Avenger, since all of his positive relationships are in the Avenger side of things

I would say itīs the opposite, Pietro was given a place on the X-side of things with X-factor where he became a friend of Polaris, Havok, Strong Guy, Multiple Man etc, he got a solo series in the 90īs based in his relationship with the inhumans and the high evolutionary. After Onslaught and the majority of the Avengers were gone he stayed for a while at the X-men mansion with Luna. The Avengers made him a villain to Wanda and Vision romance in the 80īs and Peter David, who wrote X-factor, handed him his best characterization when he argued the reason why Pietro is short tempered is because of how his powers work. Kurt Busiek respected Peter David characterization of Pietro for his Avengerīs run, in which it was shown that during down time Pietro felt he didnīt really belong there as part of the team because he didnīt have any friendships there.

That moment you are talking about was during HoM were most characters awoke furious from their HoM persona, includding Magneto, who attacked Pietro out of anger after discovering he convinced Wanda to create it to save her and Wanda answered in kind saying no more mutants.

But Pietro and Magnetoīs relationship was a little better in the 90īs, mostly Magneto wanted his Son to be at his side while Pietro wanted to help reform Magneto or stop him from doing harm to the world, Magneto named him an ambassador for Genosha while the country still existed. But yes after HoM their relationship went downhill for obvious reasons but itīs a relationship very important for them both when they are in talking mood thereīs a reason why despite everything they still could work well together looking for Wanda during Childrenīs Crusade.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-07-2021 at 10:24 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ultimate Member

I would say itīs the opposite, Pietro was given a place on the X-side of things with X-factor where he became a friend of Polaris, Havok, Strong Guy, Multiple Man etc, he got a solo series in the 90īs based in his relationship with the inhumans and the high evolutionary. After Onslaught and the majority of the Avengers were gone he stayed for a while at the X-men mansion with Luna. The Avengers made him a villain to Wanda and Vision romance in the 80īs and Peter David, who wrote X-factor, handed him his best characterization when he argued the reason why Pietro is short tempered is because of how his powers work. Kurt Busiek respected Peter David characterization of Pietro for his Avengerīs run, in which it was shown that during down time Pietro felt he didnīt really belong there as part of the team because he didnīt have any friendships there.

That moment you are talking about was during HoM were most characters awoke furious from their HoM persona, includding Magneto, who attacked Pietro out of anger after discovering he convinced Wanda to create it to save her and Wanda answered in kind saying no more mutants.

But Pietro and Magnetoīs relationship was a little better in the 90īs, mostly Magneto wanted his Son to be at his side while Pietro wanted to help reform Magneto or stop him from doing harm to the world, Magneto named him an ambassador for Genosha while the country still existed. But yes after HoM their relationship went downhill for obvious reasons but itīs a relationship very important for them both when they are in talking mood thereīs a reason why despite everything they still could work well together looking for Wanda during Childrenīs Crusade.
    Ok. I guess his relationship with Magneto is better than Scarlet Witch's relationship with Magneto.

Ok. I guess his relationship with Magneto is better than Scarlet Witch's relationship with Magneto.
    Not by much but something like that the writers just like to develop it more,I guess itīs easier for them.

Well, he still has his relationship with Wanda, and isn't he friends with Steve? Plus he married into the Inhuman family and has a daughter in that family. He wasn't Magneto's son for 18 years, so couldn't they draw on that?
    Yes, he will always have Wanda and Luna. They’re an important part of his life. But Pietro has very few friends on the Avengers, and the rest seem to openly despise him but tolerate him for his usefulness and Wanda’s sake. Clint may be the longest consistent friendship he’s had, followed by Lorna. The Inhumans barely considered him family even before the separation with Crystal, and only supported them trying to make the marriage work to avoid the scandal of divorce. It’s notable that when the marriage was ended in Silent War, it was an annulment rather than a divorce. The difference being that the marriage was retroactively declared invalid and therefore never happened, rather than ended. I don’t know what that means for Luna’s place in the royal succession legally or if the writers even remember that detail.

Pietro just never fit in wherever he went except with his fellow mutants. He only starts to learn to do so when he joins X-Factor. Even now, he just doesn’t do casual hanging out with the Avengers the way he did with X-Factor.

It’s a shame he was never allowed to stay on the X-books. I think he would be in much better shape there than just being the token bad teammate for the Avengers.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-08-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I've discussed this on other subs, but does Magneto being Quicksilver's dad benefit him? Didn't he kill him in HoM? I understand a lot of fans are attached to them being related, and I don't think that's wrong at all, especially with all the corporate nonsense towards the X-Men comics. I'm just wondering if it's fair to reduce him to more of an X-Man than an Avenger, since all of his positive relationships are in the Avenger side of things
    It's more of the case for Wanda, but not really for Pietro, whose classic depiction/stories are more evenly spread across Avengers/X-Men/Inhumans.

Yes, he will always have Wanda and Luna. They’re an important part of his life. But Pietro has very few friends on the Avengers, and the rest seem to openly despise him but tolerate him for his usefulness and Wanda’s sake. Clint may be the longest consistent friendship he’s had, followed by Lorna. The Inhumans barely considered him family even before the separation with Crystal, and only supported them trying to make the marriage work to avoid the scandal of divorce. It’s notable that when the marriage was ended in Silent War, it was an annulment rather than a divorce. The difference being that the marriage was retroactively declared invalid and therefore never happened, rather than ended. I don’t know what that means for Luna’s place in the royal succession legally or if the writers even remember that detail.

Pietro just never fit in wherever he went except with his fellow mutants. He only starts to learn to do so when he joins X-Factor. Even now, he just doesn’t do casual hanging out with the Avengers the way he did with X-Factor.

It’s a shame he was never allowed to stay on the X-books. I think he would be in much better shape there than just being the token bad teammate for the Avengers.
    Agreed, I just think he and Lorna would go on so well on Krakoa, Havok too and he also had a good relationship with Rogue,Jean, Hank and Storm. He would still fight with Magneto but honestly I think magneto missess him a lot and Pietro saved him on his solo series so thereīs that but I donīt know how the writers would tackle their relationship now.

Edit. Now that I think about it if Pietro discovers Magneto is listening to Cortez again he will give him an earful which Magneto will answer in kind but secretly enjoy having him around. Johana, Amelia and him can team up doing that
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-08-2021 at 12:31 AM.

I think Clint and Steve liked Pietro a lot and there were times they got to hang out a lot. Unfortunately writers didn't treat him well on his time on the Avengers. I hope Pietro finds a place to belong in comics. It's sad that he's among several classic characters Marvel barely uses in their comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Oh, good question, I hope they pick it. I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed for a good writer to give him a decent showing, and even talk with the other member of his family. I don’t think he’s said one word to Tommy and Billy since Children’s Crusade.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by benefit. It created a fascinating storyline: the long-lost twins of an mutant revolutionary the world sees as an infamous super villain were unknowingly recruited by him in his campaign. When Magneto discovers they’re his children, it’s when he’s trying to reform. But when he feels the call to return to defend his people, he’s once more cast as a villain.

Pietro wants to protect mutantdom. He’s faced prejudice for being a mutant, and his time on X-Factor often explores his viewpoint on mutant-human relations. He’s seen as Magneto’s heir, the Son of M. The Acolytes try to recruit him as their leader when they think Magneto is dead because they know he’s not a fan of humans either. Magneto tries to repeatedly lure him at his side, including an elaborate plot in Magneto Rex that ended in Pietro joining him on Genosha. But it isn’t the promise of power that brings him, but seeing the mutants of Genosha struggling to build a nation after overthrowing their human oppressors, and hoping to steer Magneto towards compassion. There is also a part of him that does long for a more healthy relationship with his father, but he doesn’t let it cloud his judgement of his father’s actions. He is distrustful of humanity, but hasn’t given up on still protecting them when needed. It creates an incredibly grey story, and I was fascinated by it as many of his fans were.

Frankly, I think it more as him now being reduced to being an Avenger: he’a rarely on a team, and when he is, the team usually doesn’t like him. He was more fleshed out as on the X-Men.

As a fan of both twins, it can be frustrating. Wanda is best when she’s a witch an an Avenger, and probably wouldn’t spend much time on the X-books even if House of M had never happened. As of right now, I would like to keep her away until they can finally write a proper redemption story that finally absolves her but also addressing mutantkind’s grievances without making them look unreasonable for it. It is in complete contrast with Pietro, whose first and best home is on the X-Men as a mutant while the Avengers books usually treat him as being unpleasant to be around at best, an outright villain at worst. I have proposed that Wanda be kept as a witch but Pietro to still be a mutant, and both Magneto’s children by Natalya who was Magda all along. This way they can both keep the important part of their stories. But I have little hope of this even being considered, since even the idea of addressing how Pietro got his powers if he’s not a mutant or a warlock or a science experiment is a non-issue for Marvel. They just don’t consider him important enough to consider that, along with making any future plans for him.

Agreed, I just think he and Lorna would go on so well on Krakoa, Havok too and he also had a good relationship with Rogue,Jean, Hank and Storm. He would still fight with Magneto but honestly I think magneto missess him a lot and Pietro saved him on his solo series so thereīs that but I donīt know how the writers would tackle their relationship now.

Edit. Now that I think about it if Pietro discovers Magneto is listening to Cortez again he will give him an earful which Magneto will answer in kind but secretly enjoy having him around. Johana, Amelia and him can team up doing that
    I would kill to see Pietro meeting up with Acolytes again, especially Amelia and Frenzy. He and Amelia seemed to get along, maybe due to Magneto ordering her to protect Pietro. I also think he and Frenzy would agree that Magneto is making a mistake in ever trusting Cortez again. Also, to see him bicker with Cortez at all would be a treat. Pietro would give Max such a tongue lashing about that! He would go on and on about how the old man hadn’t learned his lesson the third time around, the he deserved what he gets.

Yeah, I do think they both care more for each other than they want to admit. But there is a lot of toxic masculinity in how they handle each other. They would need to learn more healthy communication skills and to not immediately fight before they could actually develop the father-son relationship they clearly want.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Clint and Steve liked Pietro a lot and there were times they got to hang out a lot. Unfortunately writers didn't treat him well on his time on the Avengers. I hope Pietro finds a place to belong in comics. It's sad that he's among several classic characters Marvel barely uses in their comics.

He’s a classic character with a lot of history and potential to be his own solo character. But he’s rarely handled well on his official home franchise and hasn’t been allowed to stay on his original one for more than a series at a time.

I hope one day that potential is recognized by Marvel. I no longer worry that he might struggle to find a fan base. It seems he’s more popular than I realized, considering how many people are disappointed he still dead in the MCU and nowhere in comics. But what good is that if Marvel never capitalizes on that to give him the push he deserves? If they can’t be bothered to do that for Wanda after the success of WandaVision, the odds of Pietro getting one is next to nothing.

I would kill to see Pietro meeting up with Acolytes again, especially Amelia and Frenzy. He and Amelia seemed to get along, maybe due to Magneto ordering her to protect Pietro. I also think he and Frenzy would agree that Magneto is making a mistake in ever trusting Cortez again. Also, to see him bicker with Cortez at all would be a treat. Pietro would give Max such a tongue lashing about that! He would go on and on about how the old man hadn’t learned his lesson the third time around, the he deserved what he gets.

Yeah, I do think they both care more for each other than they want to admit. But there is a lot of toxic masculinity in how they handle each other. They would need to learn more healthy communication skills and to not immediately fight before they could actually develop the father-son relationship they clearly want.

He’s a classic character with a lot of history and potential to be his own solo character. But he’s rarely handled well on his official home franchise and hasn’t been allowed to stay on his original one for more than a series at a time.

I hope one day that potential is recognized by Marvel. I no longer worry that he might struggle to find a fan base. It seems he’s more popular than I realized, considering how many people are disappointed he still dead in the MCU and nowhere in comics. But what good is that if Marvel never capitalizes on that to give him the push he deserves? If they can’t be bothered to do that for Wanda after the success of WandaVision, the odds of Pietro getting one is next to nothing.
    Oh absolutely a lot of people love him in the MCU, so hopefully Marvel recognizes that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.