Page 22 of 110 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    And this is exactly what I mean.
    What the show was doing with the character was obvious especially with the metaplot of sitcoms, the writing was on the wall, its not a mistake simply because it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.
    Anyone who didn't see what was happening from a mile away only has themselves to blame.

Your condescension is neither warranted or appreciated.

Please tell me you’re at least a Quicksilver fan, and not just here to defend the show from his fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Your condescension is neither warranted or appreciated.

Please tell me you’re at least a Quicksilver fan, and not just here to defend the show from his fans.
    I am a Quicksilver fan, it's precisely why I didn't want the Fox version retconned into the MCU.
    His character was useless for 99% of his screentind until they rehash his time stop scene again, and frankly he was more of a silver haired Flash if anything, so I'm not gonna pretend to be angry that he's not sticking around, if they brought back ATJ and made it seem as if he revived just to reveal he wasn't, then I'd have something to be upset about, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    can't they learn from DC. They have several versions of the Flash
    The difference in the depiction of their speedsters really is vast. DC has an entire franchise dedicated to a family of FTL speedsters that spread across their multiverse, while Marvel rarely acknowledges their own speedsters exist. Thank goodness Northstar and Aurora are finally getting some shine over on X-Factor.

Quicksilver and Speed could make for a really great team-up book. I would die to know more about Tommy’s life growing up before the Young Avengers broke him out of super juvie.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-09-2021 at 10:57 AM.

I am a Quicksilver fan, it's precisely why I didn't want the Fox version retconned into the MCU.
    His character was useless for 99% of his screentind until they rehash his time stop scene again, and frankly he was more of a silver haired Flash if anything, so I'm not gonna pretend to be angry that he's not sticking around, if they brought back ATJ and made it seem as if he revived just to reveal he wasn't, then I'd have something to be upset about, but they didn't.
    Then as a fellow Quicksilver fan, I think you can empathize with people who feel bait and switched. They genuinely liked the Evan Peters depiction, and were given hope they were seeing him in the MCU. They feel like you would if Aaron Taylor Johnson had been used for a fake out.

I honestly prefer Aaron Taylor Johnson as Quicksilver. I think his personality and aesthetic were more like the comics. I would be over the moon if we saw him return. That doesn’t mean I appreciate even the memory of him being used as cheap viewer bait. My only consolation is that it has revealed there are more Quicksilver fans than I believed, and they are upset on his behalf.

I don’t think we’re going’s to see him ever again in the MCU, and it’s a shame.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree, there was some bait and switch going on, I personally would have liked to see Evan Peters played Nightmare or Mephisto or Chton or whoever as an actual partner of Agatha over Pietro if they wanted to use him on the MCU but the way the role was managed it was designed to make fans believe he actually was Fox Quicksilver, hence why he´s a "fake Pietro" because he´s not the Pietro from the MCU and they are getting ready to tackle the multiverse, so it makes sense to see different versions of Pietro. Instead of that they went with a "boner" joke which I think was just add insult to injury, they got out of their way to attract fans that otherwise would not have seen the show or they would just have enjoyed it as a vision and wanda story.I think they will regret this choice because it was way worse than Mandarin,it leaves a bad taste and it´s making people regret ever getting excited and to doubt if it´s worth it to see other shows by marvel.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I totally get that. Sometimes it feels like I’m trying to point to trouble, but I’m told I’m either imagining things or secretly a hater. No, I just happen to have a dissenting viewpoint.

I’m also worried Wanda is going to be the villain to Strange’s hero. The viewpoint that Wanda was allowed to leave without facing justice is already making the rounds with critics. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...uture-spoilers

I’m also less than optimistic about Pietro’s chances in movies or comics. Marvel simply has no idea how to use him, even if they wanted to.
    That's a great article. Thank you for sharing. This Westview issue is not going away. I don't know why Wanda fans aren't more worried about this. I don't think Wanda should be burned at the stake or sent to prison or anything. I don't think she even has to hold a fundraiser for the town. But she's gotta some remorse. Heroes don't run away from problems THEY caused. Wanda actually showed more guilt in the Week of Ultron and in Captain America: Civil War than in her own fucking show! How fucked up is that?! Marvel Studios execs have put Wanda in a pretty bad position (I don't blame the writers for this at all). If you're suffering from guilt and mental illness, you don't fly off to live in a remote cabin with a loaded gun (that Darkhold book). You go to your friends like Doctor Strange. Disney is so obsessed with making Wanda both a hero and a villain because they think that'll drive up ticket sales (they're probably right about that). But I think she was doing fine the way she was before WandaVision concluded. By pointing out these obvious facts, why are we all of sudden Wanda haters and non-fans? I don't get it!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-09-2021 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

Then as a fellow Quicksilver fan, I think you can empathize with people who feel bait and switched.
    Well I can't, from where I'm sitting what the show was doing was obvious, as far as I'm concerned if you didn't see it, it's your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You know what, I'm gonna stop posting in Wanda and Vision related threads. I don't wanna be a party pooper and/or rain on anybody's parades. I think I'm gonna stick around on this thread and be counted as an unhappy Wanda fan. I'm also tired of being accused of not "understanding" what happened in WandaVision, that I'm taking things too seriously when it comes to fictional townspeople being tortured ((I'm really not, the MCU movies have made entire movies devoted to collateral damage caused by battles between heroes and villains), and that my opinion is a minority one. Then when I press further folks say I just hate people enjoying things and am a pseudo-intellectual - that’s a go to one. If the argument was always just a standard “hey I just like kinda mindless Marvel stuff” it’d be way simpler but instead you end up with some ultra rabid fans (and I totally count myself amongst them!) that will defend anything. It's just the constant handwaving that annoys me. Some of those posters are worse than Rambeau! I'm disappointed because Wanda wasn't portrayed well in WandaVision and I don't think she's gonna be treated better in that new Strange movie. And I see more "grief" being piled on to Wanda later on just for drama's sakes. My opinion is this, Wanda should have dealt with MOST of her grief in her own fucking show. But now we're just prolonging the agony for future MCU projects. And I'm saying this as person who LOVED WandaVision's first eight episodes and PARTS of the last half of the ninth one.
    I think they just want to enjoy some Wanda content and are happy as a fan I can understand getting excited over new content even if it´s not exactly what we would like for our favorite characters.

Also I think MCU Wanda is going to be an anti-hero and she definitely has always been different from comic Wanda, lest take in consideration she began as a hydra agent who was a volunter for getting powers from the mind gem to take revenge on Tony Stark, that was her and Pietro´s main motive in joining Ultron until they discovered he meant to destroy the world and that´s why they rebelled and tried to stop him. Pietro was killed and Wanda went on to become an Avenger but she´s still critized by MCU fans, because she was not forced to become an hydra agent, she was there on her own will.

I think this difference makes her different from comic Wanda, who certainly never joined hydra. So imo her being complicated and sort of an anti-hero it´s not opposing her previous MCU characterization while in the comics it would not make sense at all for her to join Hydra at this point in her life.

Still I think that despite this, her role was managed a lot better than HoM, Darker than Scarlet and other stories of Wanda in comics, because this time at least she´s an agent in her own story, she´s not just a pawn or a energy battery but an actual character but I agree with you, her characterization lies more on the grey scale of things and that could be used to turn her into a villain in the next phase of the story, I don´t think this will be the case because they also went out of their way to try to take some blame off of her shoulders, I dislike this method because it takes agency and responsibility from her character by not considering the consequences of her actions but I hope they will change this in the next movie.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-09-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Well I can't, from where I'm sitting what the show was doing was obvious, as far as I'm concerned if you didn't see it, it's your own fault.
    I mean can't you see that this is tip of an iceberg that shows marvel has an bias agaist pietro, not allowing him to benefit from the mcu.
    now you can even make a point this little stunt and the fact wanda's origin was the only focus (without even any questioning the reason why he too survived) and will probably make the retcon stick even harder as they come in a pair in the comics, isn't all around a having a negative impact on pietro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think they just want to enjoy some Wanda content and are happy as a fan I can understand getting excited over new content even if it´s not exactly what we would like for our favorite characters.

Also I think MCU Wanda is going to be an anti-hero and she definitely has always been different from comic Wanda, lest take in consideration she began as a hydra agent who was a volunter for getting powers from the mind gem to take revenge on Tony Stark, that was her and Pietro´s main motive in joining Ultron until they discovered he meant to destroy the world and that´s why they rebelled and tried to stop him. Pietro was killed and Wanda went on to become an Avenger but she´s still critized by MCU fans, because she was not forced to become an hydra agent, she was there on her own will.

I think this difference makes her different from comic Wanda, who certainly never joined hydra. So imo her being complicated and sort of an anti-hero it´s not opposing her previous MCU characterization while in the comics it would not make sense at all for her to join Hydra at this point in her life.

Still I think that despite this, her role was managed a lot better than HoM, Darker than Scarlet and other stories of Wanda in comics, because this time at least she´s an agent in her own story, she´s not just a pawn or a energy battery but an actual character but I agree with you, her characterization lies more on the grey scale of things and that could be used to turn her into a villain in the next phase of the story, I don´t think this will be the case because they also went out of their way to try to take some blame off of her shoulders, I dislike this method because it takes agency and responsibility from her character by not considering the consequences of her actions but I hope they will change this in the next movie.
    Yeah, the MCU is definitely making Wanda head down the anti-hero route. Which I wouldn't mind if she didn't do too much damage. It's very likely that Wanda will somehow re-unite with her children VERY soon, while the residents of Westview will likely suffer the effects of what happened to them for the rest of their lives. I think that's FUCKED UP! But I'm happy Wanda fans are delighting in her newfound attention and popularity. Hell, I'm happy about it too. But I don't think they're looking at the bigger picture just yet. The "Fietro" thing is actually the least of the finale's problems in my view. I wouldn't be surprised those posters I argued with in those Wanda threads (who I like and respect a LOT) come looking for trouble HERE very soon. Which is something I would welcome. I'm just sticking around on this thread as a "dissenting" Wanda (and Pietro) fan and I don't wanna pee in anybodys' cereal when folks are celebrating!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-09-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree, there was some bait and switch going on, I personally would have liked to see Evan Peters played Nightmare or Mephisto or Chton or whoever as an actual partner of Agatha over Pietro if they wanted to use him on the MCU but the way the role was managed it was designed to make fans believe he actually was Fox Quicksilver, hence why he´s a "fake Pietro" because he´s not the Pietro from the MCU and they are getting ready to tackle the multiverse, so it makes sense to see different versions of Pietro. Instead of that they went with a "boner" joke which I think was just add insult to injury, they got out of their way to attract fans that otherwise would not have seen the show or they would just have enjoyed it as a vision and wanda story.I think they will regret this choice because it was way worse than Mandarin,it leaves a bad taste and it´s making people regret ever getting excited and to doubt if it´s worth it to see other shows by marvel.
    Like the Evan Peters vs Aaron Taylor Johnson debate, the Fietro debate might go down as one of the more divisive in the fandom. It will be interesting to see if Marvel responds to it the way they did at the backlash to the Mandarin reveal, or shrug it off because any attention is good attention.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 03-09-2021 at 12:05 PM.

That's a great article. Thank you for sharing. This Westview issue is not going away. I don't know why Wanda fans aren't more worried about this. I don't think Wanda should be burned at the stake or sent to prison or anything. I don't think she even has to hold a fundraiser for the town. But she's gotta some remorse. Heroes don't run away from problems THEY caused. Wanda actually showed more guilt in the Week of Ultron and in Captain America: Civil War than in her own fucking show! How fucked up is that?! Marvel Studios execs have put Wanda in a pretty bad position (I don't blame the writers for this at all). If you're suffering from guilt and mental illness, you don't fly off to live in a remote cabin with a loaded gun (that Darkhold book). You go to your friends like Doctor Strange. Disney is so obsessed with making Wanda both a hero and a villain because they think that'll drive up ticket sales (they're probably right about that). But I think she was doing fine the way she was before WandaVision concluded. By pointing out these obvious facts, why are we all of sudden Wanda haters and non-fans? I don't get it!
    As Lucy said, I think many are simply glad Wanda is getting positive attention at all. It’s like rain after after a drought. It’s natural to want to enjoy that. I enjoyed the majority of the show, and am delighted how many people are looking at Wanda more sympathetically. I wish I could close my eyes to what it could all lead to, and just enjoy myself as well. But after nearly two decades, it’s hard not feel like Charlie Brown with the football.

As Lucy said, I think many are simply glad Wanda is getting positive attention at all. It’s like rain after after a drought. It’s natural to want to enjoy that. I enjoyed the majority of the show, and am delighted how many people are looking at Wanda more sympathetically. I wish I could close my eyes to what it could all lead to, and just enjoy myself as well. But after nearly two decades, it’s hard not feel like Charlie Brown with the football.
    Yeah, I agree with your "Peanuts" analogy. I have very mixed feelings about how Wanda's being handled in the MCU right now. I'm happy she's getting more prominent roles in future movies and shows, but I'm dismayed by the path she is taking. Like I said before, I doubt very much Wanda will become a VILLAIN in the MCU, but she is more of a villain now than a hero in my view.

Yeah, the MCU is definitely making Wanda head down the anti-hero route. Which I wouldn't mind if she didn't do too much damage. It's very likely that Wanda will somehow re-unite with her children VERY soon, while the residents of Westview will likely suffer the effects of what happened to them for the rest of their lives. I think that's FUCKED UP! But I'm happy Wanda fans are delighting in her newfound attention and popularity. Hell, I'm happy about it too. But I don't think they're looking at the bigger picture just yet. The "Fietro" thing is actually the least of the finale's problems in my view. I wouldn't be surprised those posters I argued with in those Wanda threads (who I like and respect a LOT) come looking for trouble HERE very soon. Which is something I would welcome. I'm just sticking around on this thread as a "dissenting" Wanda (and Pietro) fan and I don't wanna pee in anybodys' cereal when folks are celebrating!
    Yes I wish more time was dedicated to the consequences Westview residents will have, I read the writer take on that issue and they bassically agreed Wanda needs to take more responsibility for herself, that´s why she wrote Agatha forcing Wanda to confront the people around her, I like they at least recognize it, maybe we can send some questions their way to ask them if they are going to address this later, it can serve to develop Wanda´s character if she gets to feel fully sorry for her actions and make it better as a way to stop herself from becoming the agent of the end of the world, a role that´s being forced on her, not something she would choose.

I actually would not mind, we had disagreetments before, as a Magneto and Magnus family fan but I like to discuss and like to read their take on things, so if they want to argue, that´s ok with me too

Marvel was gonna do a Damage Control type show but then DC did Powerless and it tanked amazingly (even though I honestly liked the show). So I don't know if Marvel would try that again. There just doesn't seem to much of an audience for what happens to regular people in a super powered world.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.