Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You know, I was first introduced to Vision as White Vision in the 90s. I thought he was so cool at that time. Like Marvel's answer to Data. But after a while, I realized he was FAR cooler before he became white after reading some more comic books. I already think the White Vision in the MCU is better than the White Vision from the comic books. I have to wonder, will White Vision start a new family now? Because I really don't understand why he would stick around in the MCU, if Disney wasn't going that route. I just think Marvel Studios wouldn't adapt King's work AGAIN.

I'm loving Wanda too. She was great in WandaVision, but I doubt she's gonna be having much fun for a little while. So we're getting sad and emo Wanda, which I had hoped to avoid. I liked her when she was funny in her own show. I liked Pietro a lot too. I mean, I have to be honest, I thought Wanda, Pietro and Vision were kind of bland in AoU. They didn't get much to do and their personalities were somewhat boring to me. I do think Pietro could have been improved had he lived. Just like Wanda and Vision were improved by WandaVision. I do think Tommy will replace Pietro in the MCU and people will have to live with that. I think Disney will be relying on China for some time too.
    I liked Wanda, Pietro and Vision instantly in the MCU, way more than Nat, Clint, Bucky, or Sam (they're a bit boring to me). But the show has done wonders for Vision and wanda (not so much Pietro sadly), and I hope White Vision doesn't go full "Data" (although I like Data a lot too) so much as becomes more detached. I also want Wanda to have more happy moments, but after what she did I wouldn't rush into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wait, so Strange will be the one causing the problems?
    I don't think exactly. I think Mordo tricks him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Marvel Studios definitely considered bringing ATJ back, but ruled him out pretty early on in favor of Peters:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/wa...n-back-as-qui/

Yeah, I heard Marvel did the Captain America is a Nazi thing and they fell flat on their faces with that. At least Wanda's "allowed" to go bad. Captain America should really wear a halo when he goes into battle. I don't know enough about the Darkhold to know what the heck is going on there. I think with the COVID delays, how WandaVision transitioned into Doctor Strange changed. I didn't believe the kids would play to big a role in the sequel originally because it would be cheap to "revive" them so soon after WandaVision's conclusion. But since more than a year will have passed since Wanda's show concluded and Strange's sequel is released, I can see the boys showing up there.
    Cap isn't as innocent as you make him out to be. Even in the movie-verse he's broken laws when it suits him. To serve in the military, to defend his friends and kept from Tony that Bucky killed his parents. So no halo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think exactly. I think Mordo tricks him.
    Oh ok. I wonder how that will go.

I liked Wanda, Pietro and Vision instantly in the MCU, way more than Nat, Clint, Bucky, or Sam (they're a bit boring to me). But the show has done wonders for Vision and wanda (not so much Pietro sadly), and I hope White Vision doesn't go full "Data" (although I like Data a lot too) so much as becomes more detached. I also want Wanda to have more happy moments, but after what she did I wouldn't rush into it.
    I didn't DISLIKE Wanda, Pietro and Vision. I thought they were fine. But dudes like Iron Man and Doctor Strange just "clicked" with me fast. I also became a huge fan of Thor after his third movie. But I got to REALLY liking Wanda and Vision during and after WandaVision. It go so that I didn't want to hear anymore about that SWORD shit. I just wanted the series to focus on the two of them as MUCH as possible. And thankfully that happened. In fact, another hour of the two of them would be great. I don't think Bettany is gonna be the new Spiner. I LOVED Data because he WORKED on TNG. I think Vision is definitely a little bit different than Data. But you're right, I love them both. And it's cool to know that there are fans of both Star Trek and Marvel. From what I've heard, fandoms from each community kind of don't like each other? But yeah, would have loved to see the Pietro, Wanda, Vision dynamic. It could have been a lot of fun. And Quicksilver in the MCU might have given his blessing to Wanda and Vision getting together. But I have to say, without Pietro's death, we might not have gotten WandaVision at all. I'm hoping Nat, Clint, Bucky and Sam do great in their shows because I would like to see more character development from them. But I agree with your posts elsewhere, I'm VERY curious to see Cheadle in action. I loved him in Picket Fences when I was a kid. And Samuel L. Jackson is fantastic. I'm happy he's getting his time to shine too.

Cap isn't as innocent as you make him out to be. Even in the movie-verse he's broken laws when it suits him. To serve in the military, to defend his friends and kept from Tony that Bucky killed his parents. So no halo.
    Those are all minor and dont really result in hurting innocents. They've played it relatively safe with him

You're right. Cap is no angel. I guess you can say Vision is though?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those are all minor and dont really result in hurting innocents. They've played it relatively safe with him
    That doesn't mean he should go into battle with a halo, which is what I was replying to.

Good Lord, if they retcon "Fietro's" identity again, they should have just said he was a multiverse version in the first place!:

https://www.insider.com/wandavision-...eaction-2021-3

Ultimate Member

I didn't DISLIKE Wanda, Pietro and Vision. I thought they were fine. But dudes like Iron Man and Doctor Strange just "clicked" with me fast. I also became a huge fan of Thor after his third movie. But I got to REALLY liking Wanda and Vision during and after WandaVision. It go so that I didn't want to hear anymore about that SWORD shit. I just wanted the series to focus on the two of them as MUCH as possible. And thankfully that happened. In fact, another hour of the two of them would be great. I don't think Bettany is gonna be the new Spiner. I LOVED Data because he WORKED on TNG. I think Vision is definitely a little bit different than Data. But you're right, I love them both. And it's cool to know that there are fans of both Star Trek and Marvel. From what I've heard, fandoms from each community kind of don't like each other? But yeah, would have loved to see the Pietro, Wanda, Vision dynamic. It could have been a lot of fun. And Quicksilver in the MCU might have given his blessing to Wanda and Vision getting together. But I have to say, without Pietro's death, we might not have gotten WandaVision at all. I'm hoping Nat, Clint, Bucky and Sam do great in their shows because I would like to see more character development from them. But I agree with your posts elsewhere, I'm VERY curious to see Cheadle in action. I loved him in Picket Fences when I was a kid. And Samuel L. Jackson is fantastic. I'm happy he's getting his time to shine too.
    I think Vision's death mainly motivated WandaVision, so Pietro could have lived and I think it would still work. I was just annoyed he was sacrificed for Clint. Seriously, I don't get why he has any fans in the MCU. I would like to see more development for Nat, Bucky and Sam as well, considering I don't care for them right now.

I didn't know communities of different fandoms didn't like each other. I like Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Dr. Who, GOT, even Godzilla. I think it's great to have all these fictional universes to enjoy!

I think Vision's death mainly motivated WandaVision, so Pietro could have lived and I think it would still work. I was just annoyed he was sacrificed for Clint. Seriously, I don't get why he has any fans in the MCU. I would like to see more development for Nat, Bucky and Sam as well, considering I don't care for them right now.

I didn't know communities of different fandoms didn't like each other. I like Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Dr. Who, GOT, even Godzilla. I think it's great to have all these fictional universes to enjoy!
    I was mistaken in my previous post. I meant to say Star Wars fans seem to like the MCU and the DCEU, but "loath" Star Trek. I like the shows/movies you mentioned. I also have a soft spot for old James Bond films too. They were so funny. My brother also loves the Walking Dead. And yeah, I know teapartyofthedead mentioned stuff about Voyager in these threads, so I know she's a Star Trek fan. But let's face it, most Wanda fans from what I've seen in these threads don't even know who Captain Picard is!

I need to see more of Nat, Bucky and Sam to make a judgement. It's been my experience that characters with the least amount of screen time, are the characters people are most indifferent to. I read that Vision actually had the LEAST amount of screen time of all the Avengers...With Falcon and Wanda BARELY ahead of him. But now he's gotten WAY more popular because of WandaVision, and he wasn't even really a co-lead as advertised. I think they should have called WandaVision the Scarlet Witch: Featuring the Vision.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-11-2021 at 03:01 PM.

I was mistaken in my previous post. I meant to say Star Wars fans seem to like the MCU and the DCEU, but "loath" Star Trek. I like the shows/movies you mentioned. I also have a soft spot for old James Bond films too. They were so funny. And yeah, I know teapartyofthedead mentioned stuff about Voyager in these threads, so I know she's a Star Trek fan. But let's face it, most Wanda fans from what I've seen on these threads don't even know who Captain Picard is!
    I think I'm indifferent to Star Trek. My dad really enjoys it and I liked TNG a lot, but not enough to get into it like with Star Wars. And I definitely know who Picard is, lol.

If they had done that though, Wanda's grief wouldn't have been as severe. She still could have leaned on Pietro for support when Vision died. Then there wouldn't be a need for a show like WandaVision. And she couldn't have become pregnant. So I kind of understand why they added Pietro's death to that of her parents' and Vision's as well in order to give her a hard time. I'm not sure if this was part of the original plan, but I think that's what Feige and company were going for.

I think I'm indifferent to Star Trek. My dad really enjoys it and I liked TNG a lot, but not enough to get into it like with Star Wars. And I definitely know who Picard is, lol.
    Indifferent? Then I can't be friends with you anymore. Your old man has good taste though. I must say I'm slightly more into Star Trek than the MCU actually. Because I thought TNG, Voyager and DS9 scripts were far more intelligent than the MCU stuff we're getting (not that I'm complaining or anything). And I just liked Star Trek music from the 90s and 2000s better than the MCU's soundtracks. I'm happy you know who Picard is, though. I kind of don't like the idea of White Vision becoming the new Data of the MCU. I mean, John Byrne and Tom King already portrayed Vision like that in their stories. And although they were interesting, it made him too robotic for my liking. In WandaVision that dude was laughing, crying, sarcastic, anxious and yelled a lot and it was so great. It would absolutely make no sense for Wanda or anybody else to fall in love with Vision if he acted like Data. So I'm not sure what they're doing with his character in the future. I'm hoping that at the end of their times in the MCU, Wanda and Vision will say hello again.