Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, but still give that dude a sense of humor please! And I do think Whedon killed Pietro off PARTLY because he was aware about the Fox version of the character.
    I think Vision has had many funny moments and I hope to see more!

As for Pietro, that may have factored into it. It's an unfortunate symptom of studio politics and corporate capitalism (not near the worst problem with it, but one of them)

Personally, I think Tommy will take the place of Pietro in future MCU projects and they can tie him in with the Inhumans or whatever. From what I understand, Tommy's personality is basically the same as Fox's Quicksilver.

Ultimate Member

Personally, I think Tommy will take the place of Pietro in future MCU projects and they can tie him in with the Inhumans or whatever. From what I understand, Tommy's personality is basically the same as Fox's Quicksilver.
    It seems plausible. Although, if I'm not mistaken, Tommy has more powers than his uncle, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Vision has had many funny moments and I hope to see more!

As for Pietro, that may have factored into it. It's an unfortunate symptom of studio politics and corporate capitalism (not near the worst problem with it, but one of them)
    I REALLY hate unfunny heroes. So I hope Vision starts cracking jokes again. But this time in the Whedon/Gunn/Waititi tradition! Yeah, Fox made a massive dick move by switching Juggernaut with Quicksilver in order to make it awkward for Disney to use Pietro. Or so I've heard. So I don't blame Whedon entirely. And it's not like Marvel Studios has treated Quicksilver any better since Whedon left Disney either!

It seems plausible. Although, if I'm not mistaken, Tommy has more powers than his uncle, right?
    I know nothing about the Young Avengers. It's just an idea I read from another message board which makes sense to me. I don't think Disney wants to have THREE Maximoff speedsters together at the same time. So I can totally see them using Tommy as a replacement for Pietro. And from what I understand, Tommy is not doing any better in the comics than Pietro ANYWAYS, so they can give that guy some exposure.

Ultimate Member

I REALLY hate unfunny heroes. So I hope Vision starts cracking jokes again. But this time in the Whedon/Gunn/Waititi tradition! Yeah, Fox made a massive dick move by switching Juggernaut with Quicksilver in order to make it awkward for Disney to use Pietro. Or so I've heard. So I don't blame Whedon entirely. And it's not like Marvel Studios has treated Quicksilver any better since Whedon left Disney either!
    Neither studio has been great with Pietro, sadly.

I think heroes should have some sense of humor. However, both Cap and Black Panther are fairly serious yet good characters. On the other hand, Hawkeye is boring

Neither studio has been great with Pietro, sadly.

I think heroes should have some sense of humor. However, both Cap and Black Panther are fairly serious yet good characters. On the other hand, Hawkeye is boring
    I think the last joke that Hawkeye made was in AoU:

"Okay, look. The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense."

After that he just became too serious in my view. I know a bunch of comedy writers are working on the Hawkeye series, so I imagine he'll be funnier in that show. I like Cap and Black Panther a lot, but it's because they're not so funny that they're not my favorites. I actually like T'Challa WAY more in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame than in his own movie. I feel there was a lot of pointless dialogue in Black Panther and the CGI in that film was atrocious.

Ultimate Member

I think the last joke that Hawkeye made was in AoU:

"Okay, look. The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense."

After that he just became too serious in my view. I know a bunch of comedy writers are working on the Hawkeye series, so I imagine he'll be funnier in that show. I like Cap and Black Panther a lot, but it's because they're not so funny that they're not my favorites. I actually like T'Challa WAY more in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame than in his own movie. I feel there was a lot of pointless dialogue in Black Panther and the CGI in that film was atrocious.
    The CGI in the last battle was poor. I feel like T'Challa got overshadowed in his own movie by the supporting cast

As foe Hawkeye, I feel the MCU never knew what to do with him

The CGI in the last battle was poor. I feel like T'Challa got overshadowed in his own movie by the supporting cast

As foe Hawkeye, I feel the MCU never knew what to do with him
    Wasted too much time on romance in that film. There already were enough women hanging around. He didn't need one hanging on his arm. I liked Killmonger a LOT though. Too bad Disney killed him off so quickly. Jordan could have easily replaced Boseman if he stuck around after that film.

Hawkeye's job is to introduce Kate Bishop from what I understand. Seems like it's gonna be a "team-up" show. Just like She-Hulk is gonna team up with Banner probably.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

But be honest, you must have liked Nick Fury's quip about Ultron that was written by Whedon in AoU: "The guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." That **** was hilarious!
    No really, I am catholic so I didnīt appreciate it at all but I enjoyed his " I recognise that the Council has made a decision. But given that it’s a stupid-ass decision, I’ve elected to ignore it" because thatīs so a Nick Fury thing to say.

In general Age of Ultron bored me, I was excited to see Wanda and Pietro but most of the story just didnīt clic with me, I guess thatīs because Ultron is not really a villain I enjoy.

Tommy and Pietro are way too different characters but his easy going actitude is something the too serious Pietro can use to relax a little, thatīs why I think an Evan Peters Quicksilver, who indeed is a lot like Tommy can work with ATJ Quicksilver if they get to interact on the multiverse saga.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-11-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Wasted too much time on romance in that film. There already were enough women hanging around. He didn't need one hanging on his arm. I liked Killmonger a LOT though. Too bad Disney killed him off so quickly. Jordan could have easily replaced Boseman if he stuck around after that film.
    I don't think the problem was too many women. Okoye and Shuri were very entertaining. I didn't see the point in Nakia or W'Kabi. The romance was pointless. Also, I didn't care much for Killmonger. I preferred Klaw and I don't wish to see Killmonger return, although I like MBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    No really, I am catholic so I didnīt appreciate it at all but I enjoyed his " I recognise that the Council has made a decision. But given that it’s a stupid-ass decision, I’ve elected to ignore it" because thatīs so a Nick Fury thing to say.

In general Age of Ultron bored me, I was excited to see Wanda and Pietro but most of the story just didnīt clic with me, I guess thatīs because Ultron is not really a villain I enjoy.

Tommy and Pietro are way too different characters but his easy going actitude is something the too serious Pietro can use to relax a little, thatīs why I think an Evan Peters Quicksilver, who indeed is a lot like Tommy can work with ATJ Quicksilver if they get to interact on the multiverse saga.
    Oh ****. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were Catholic. But that's typical Whedonesque humor. But the council joke was funny. I liked AoU because I thought it was so cool that killer robots were talking about omelettes and frisbrees and saying **** like "Oh, for God's sake!". That was really original to me. But I know those kind of jokes were not for everybody. Man, Disney really fucked up with Quicksilver. They're victims of their own success. They're making C-list characters from the comic books more popular than ever with their movies and shows! Now folks are demanding them appear in move stuff!

I don't think the problem was too many women. Okoye and Shuri were very entertaining. I didn't see the point in Nakia or W'Kabi. The romance was pointless. Also, I didn't care much for Killmonger. I preferred Klaw and I don't wish to see Killmonger return, although I like MBJ.
    I liked MBJ and LOVED Klaw in that movie. I hated they were both killed off in it too. Okoye and Shuri were good too. At least Shuri wasn't your typical badass female warrior. I think Jordan's a great actor, but I heard that the Fahrenheit 451 show he appeared in sucked dick. Which is a shame because I've always loved that book.

Evan Peters was never meant to become the MCU's Quicksilver:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-e...casting-plans/

Gotta give props to Peters for being such a good sport!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Oh ****. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were Catholic. But that's typical Whedonesque humor. But the council joke was funny. I liked AoU because I thought it was so cool that killer robots were talking about omelettes and frisbrees and saying **** like "Oh, for God's sake!". That was really original to me. But I know those kind of jokes were not for everybody. Man, Disney really fucked up with Quicksilver. They're victims of their own success. They're making C-list characters from the comic books more popular than ever with their movies and shows! Now folks are demanding them appear in move stuff!
    Itīs ok, dont worry

Yes, I loved that council joke it has so many uses

I liked Ultronīs idea of feeling trapped by Tonny and Bruce and demanding to get free as well as the comparision with Pinocho but then he went to destroy the entire world and that didnīt made sense to me, I could buy him deciding the Avengers were a danger and stopping them as part of getting free and maybe take over the world to keep it safe but destroying the world came out of nowhere for me, I guess they just wanted to make him similar to comic Ultron but thatīs where they lost me.

I agree they may be victims of their own success, I like how they bassically brought Thanos back to the modern era when he had been almost no-existent in comics but they really missed with Pietro, I agree it may have been a mix of them not wanting to give Fox Quicksilver material to compare to and the fact Whedon himself was really agaist the idea of developing him and without Inhumans, X-men or Magneto there was no comics material for him, I mean, I would like to know at least one close avenger of him and I canīt name one, Avengers titles have not changed their despiction of him since the 80īs and I think this needs to change but first we need a writer and an editor interested in doing this.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022