Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Evan Peters Quicksilver will appear as Fox Quicksilver because the multiverse is open for all the changes in reality but there´s a possibility for marvel to bring MCU Quicksilver back too
    Supposedly ATJ Quicksilver appears only in flashback and Quicksilver comes back as Evan Peters moving forward. It makes since Evan Peters version was pretty popular in part because of the way his powers were portrayed and in part of his characterization. But if they bring him into the picture they could bring Polaris as played by Emma Dumont into the picture.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I love Evan Peters Quicksilver but I don´t think he will replace MCU Quicksilver tbh. I could see marvel using the oportunity of the multiverse getting broken to have them both at the same time working together but who knows Kevin Feige recently suggested we will see more members of Wanda´s family in the next chapters so lest see what marvel is willing to do with them.

"[Wanda's] got a lot of family members in the comics," Feige told Rotten Tomatoes. "This is more about that relationship with Vision, and more about that dynamic and the evolving relationship of that couple, and how that grows and evolves and unfolds."

When pressed about "other family members" appearing in WandaVision, Feige said with a smile, "There are other characters in other episodes of this show. Who they are, what they are, not worth discussing right now."
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-hbo-max-hulu/
    I would also love to see Emma Dumont as Polaris either as Fox´s universe Polaris or seeing her doing that role again in the MCU. I think she did a great job as Lorna
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I hope to all that is holy that Evan does not become MCU quicksilver, unless they massively overhaul his characterization.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really like Evan Peters and I must say his was the superior Quicksilver... that said, Aaron Taylor Johnson looks so much better naked.

Evan Peters was playing a fun character, but it wasn't Pietro. It was closer to how Speed is though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I prefer the MCU Quicksilver over that overrated abomination that Fox had

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Cross-posted from the Scarlet Witch thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

"Welcome to a world where Tony Stark never built an Iron Man armor. Where Thor is a hard-drinking atheist who despises hammers. Where Wakanda is dismissed as a myth. And where Captain America was never found in the ice, because there were no Avengers to find him. Instead this world has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Squadron Supreme of America. And now the Squadron face an attack from some of their fiercest enemies, like Dr. Juggernaut, the Black Skull, the Silver Witch and Thanos with his Infinity Rings. Blade is the one man alive who seems to remember that the entire world has somehow been… reborn. And so begins his search for the cause behind this ominous shift in reality."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=109897585

So, considering she's called Silver Witch and wears green with white details, I guess this is a merge of Wanda and Pietro, rather than Wanda and Amora. She's also apparently a villain.
    We now have word of where Pietro is next showing up in the comics, except not really. 90s nostalgia rears its ahead once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I hope to all that is holy that Evan does not become MCU quicksilver, unless they massively overhaul his characterization.
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I really like Evan Peters and I must say his was the superior Quicksilver... that said, Aaron Taylor Johnson looks so much better naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Evan Peters was playing a fun character, but it wasn't Pietro. It was closer to how Speed is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I prefer the MCU Quicksilver over that overrated abomination that Fox had

I have a feeling that ATJ vs Evan Peters’s portrayal of Quicksilver is going to become one of those perpetual fandom debates like one’s favorite version of the Doctor, or 7 of 9 vs Kes.

I preferred ATJ, but Evan Peters is fine. He is more like Tommy in personality.

WandaVision Showrunner Promises More Quicksilver References
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...gs-trauma-plot

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I have a feeling that ATJ vs Evan Peters’s portrayal of Quicksilver is going to become one of those perpetual fandom debates like one’s favorite version of the Doctor, or 7 of 9 vs Kes.

I preferred ATJ, but Evan Peters is fine. He is more like Tommy in personality.
    I agree with you completely. It's like how so many actors are compared for their James Bond portrayals. They do it plenty with the Sony Spider-Men already. I just like it when there is one version per character. Thanks a lot Fox and Disney! I just don't understand why Fox wouldn't let Marvel Studios use both Wanda and Pietro more. They have so many other mutants they could put in their movies. Wanda and Pietro are Avengers, not X-Men!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-26-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Wanda is an Avenger through and through, but Pietro has been on the X-Factor books since the 90s right up until the end of Axis. He was in events like Fatal Attraction and the Genosha arc. Even before that, he was often absent from the Avengers. For example, when he was rescued by Crystal of the Inhumans and eventually married her while living on the moon. He also was used for a couple of episodes in the 90s X-Men, and a main character in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men. Pietro is actually more well known as an X-Men character than Avengers, I think. Even his Pop figure was sold under the X-Men brand.

Wanda is an Avenger through and through, but Pietro has been on the X-Factor books since the 90s right up until the end of Axis. He was in events like Fatal Attraction and the Genosha arc. Even before that, he was often absent from the Avengers. For example, when he was rescued by Crystal of the Inhumans and eventually married her while living on the moon. He also was used for a couple of episodes in the 90s X-Men, and a main character in X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men. Pietro is actually more well known as an X-Men character than Avengers, I think. Even his Pop figure was sold under the X-Men brand.
    Agreed. Pietro is an X-charcter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. Pietro is an X-charcter to me.
    It’s why his thread is here. The Avengers office may control where he appears for now, but his first and truest home will always be with the X-Men.

I totally understand what you're saying. And you're right. You got the facts on your side. It's just in MY mind, I consider Pietro to be an Avenger. Especially when it comes to his interactions with Wanda and Vision, you know? I guess the "Week of Ultron" solidified this opinion in my mind. That's why I resented Fox using him. In the MCU, he could have been an awesome Avenger. Sure he probably would have been killed off later with Vision to give Wanda some trauma to work with, but I would have liked to see his interactions with the rest of the team. I even wouldn't have minded Disney nerfing him even more to give him some challenges in battle. Markus and McFeely could have made him a quippy character like all the rest of the dudes in the MCU, which would have been so fun to see. Now we probably won't have a proper MCU reunion between ATJ and Olsen because of stupid studio politics. Which deeply frustrates me.