Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

They are already starting doing some animated stuff with the MODOK thing for Disney+. If they can't or don't want to hire the pre-existing actors back for anymore Quicksilver in the movies, it'd be nice at least to have something animated. He got such a raw deal. Nothing of his is explained. Like his perspective of his childhood, his feelings towards losing his parents, how he got his powers. Or have a version that survives enough to have his own family and live his own life. It just floors me that they threw him away twice.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are already starting doing some animated stuff with the MODOK thing for Disney+. If they can't or don't want to hire the pre-existing actors back for anymore Quicksilver in the movies, it'd be nice at least to have something animated. He got such a raw deal. Nothing of his is explained. Like his perspective of his childhood, his feelings towards losing his parents, how he got his powers. Or have a version that survives enough to have his own family and live his own life. It just floors me that they threw him away twice.
    Yeah. I don't know if it was studio politics but they never should have killed him in AoU

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, considering how popular he, Wanda and Vision are now, maybe they should. I mean, Pietro is Marvel's Flash!
    At least DC knows how to write and values its speedsters. Marvel doesn't have a clue when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm actually even MORE pessimistic about Pietro's fate in the MCU than Wanda's. WandaVision did a great job of exploring some themes that are never covered in-depth in superhero stories:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...as-story.html/

At least Wanda has a CHANCE to repair the damage she did in WandaVision. I think Feige, Livanos, Shakman and Schaeffer were surprised by some of the backlash over the lack of justice for Westview's residents amongst viewers and critics and it's possible that they're now trying to figure out a way for Wanda to "fix" things in the future. Hopefully it's done in a way so that other characters won't throw this shit in Wanda's face in future MCU appearances. Because I'm tired of Wanda and Vision being the victims of xenophobia in the comic books and I don't want to see that happen on screen. By recasting Pietro, I just think it damages ATJ's chances of coming back. Peters' version clearly holds the most affection amongst audiences and has been that way since the very beginning. I don't see the MCU version coming back except in What If? stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    At least DC knows how to write and values its speedsters. Marvel doesn't have a clue when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm actually even MORE pessimistic about Pietro's fate in the MCU than Wanda's. WandaVision did a great job of exploring some themes that are never covered in-depth in superhero stories:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...as-story.html/

At least Wanda has a CHANCE to repair the damage she did in WandaVision. I think Feige, Livanos, Shakman and Schaeffer were surprised by some of the backlash over the lack of justice for Westview's residents amongst viewers and critics and it's possible that they're now trying to figure out a way for Wanda to "fix" things in the future. Hopefully it's done in a way so that other characters won't throw this shit in Wanda's face in future MCU appearances. Because I'm tired of Wanda and Vision being the victims of xenophobia in the comic books and I don't want to see that happen on screen. By recasting Pietro, I just think it damages ATJ's chances of coming back. Peters' version clearly holds the most affection amongst audiences and has been that way since the very beginning. I don't see the MCU version coming back except in What If? stuff.
    I mean, they should have suspected viewers wouldn't be ok with Wanda just leaving. But as you said she can still fix the damage at some point.

About Pietro, I agree his position is precarious. It's still possible an alternate universe version of him can appear at one point.

The thing is, speed is such a basic power. Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, they all have some form. DC went further and made Flash not only have speed, but other powers like intangibility and time powers, plus there are several Flashes, including Jay, Barry and Wally. While other Marvel characters have multiple powers and alternate versions, Pietro is just himself and his nephew, who has more powers than he does. So Marvel could have done a better job of making Pietro stand out. Maybe there's still time.

I mean, they should have suspected viewers wouldn't be ok with Wanda just leaving. But as you said she can still fix the damage at some point.

About Pietro, I agree his position is precarious. It's still possible an alternate universe version of him can appear at one point.

The thing is, speed is such a basic power. Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, they all have some form. DC went further and made Flash not only have speed, but other powers like intangibility and time powers, plus there are several Flashes, including Jay, Barry and Wally. While other Marvel characters have multiple powers and alternate versions, Pietro is just himself and his nephew, who has more powers than he does. So Marvel could have done a better job of making Pietro stand out. Maybe there's still time.
    I think a lot of viewers didn't care about Wanda fleeing Westview. They were more interested in the costume and her new title. And the really cool laser battle. I mean Wanda fans such as yourself, lucy, teapartyofthedead, leokearon, gurkle and me picked up on how strange that ending was IMMEDIATELY. I actually had WAY less problems with the boner joke than what happened between Wanda and Monica. Yeah, Wanda is not a villain to the viewers. But to the residents of Westview she ABSOLUTELY is. I don't see how anybody can argue otherwise. If Hayward, Agatha, White Vision and SWORD were portrayed with any kind of nuance, they would be considered to be the "liberators" of Westview and that's just plain facts. The arguments I'm hearing from the opposite side are and will remain unconvincing to me. When they defend Wanda's actions they often pose the question: "What about Hawkeye, Loki, Black Widow, the Winter Soldier, Killmonger etc? or state "Oh, Wanda will just deal with this LATER." I disagree. The movies made it painfully clear the actions of those characters were wrong, or they were being manipulated and some of them even DIED for their sins. When it comes to the LATTER argument, I say each episode, each season ultimately does need to be somewhat self-contained. You can't rely on 'this'll get solved in future installations', because it means that this installation will be incomplete and comes to an unsatisfying, poorly executed conclusion.

Here's a statement I found elsewhere which this time I TOTALLY agree with:

"WandaVision was so brave and creative and original in its first two acts—I truly love this show as one of the best things the MCU has done. I do also share the point about how the finale reverted to a safer, more family-friendly mode when trying to tie up the more complicated themes of morality and justice it had introduced."

I think Marvel is WAY too lazy to do anything with Pietro. I mean, they've had DECADES to figure something out. Other Flashes have been introduced after Quicksilver has, and DC has done a great job of developing them both power and character wise. I mean, Marvel has no excuse here. And I do think MCU Pietro is finished as a character. Why would Disney bring back a version of a character who has been practically forgotten about? Most people don't even remember what happened in AoU because it was released so long ago. Even CBR published an article stating that Fietro was always intended to be a "Fake Pietro". To go back on that would be chickenshit on Disney's parts and caving into fanboy nerd rage just because their shitty fan fiction never came to fruition.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-fake...r-quicksilver/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-17-2021 at 02:25 PM.

I also don't really know what Wanda's state of mind was during the entirety of the show. Some parts felt like she was sort of in a dream-like state and disconnected with reality. They could retcon her into being manipulated and brainwashed, but that would be kinda cheap. But I never got a firm grasp on what Wanda was thinking for most of the show. She seemed more confused than malicious. It was only in that last episode, did she reveal her true colors. She then defeated Agatha, got her costume and flew away to parts unknown. Weird!

I also don't really know what Wanda's state of mind was during the entirety of the show. Some parts felt like she was sort of in a dream-like state and disconnected with reality. They could retcon her into being manipulated and brainwashed, but that would be kinda cheap. But I never got a firm grasp on what Wanda was thinking for most of the show. She seemed more confused than malicious. It was only in that last episode, did she reveal her true colors. She then defeated Agatha, got her costume and flew away to parts unknown. Weird!
    She was moving back and forth in different states of grief. There wasn't reason or intent. Just her trying to avoid feeling the abyss of loneliness and pain.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

You know what would have been a good outlawed tie-in. Quicksilver and Luna doing that sidekick registered thing. Seeing her want to become an Avenger like her parents, and well need to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She was moving back and forth in different states of grief. There wasn't reason or intent. Just her trying to avoid feeling the abyss of loneliness and pain.
    Thank you so much for giving me the emotional lowdown on Wanda's situation during her show. You definitely cleared things up for me! I don't wanna get too personal here, but how the hell do you know so much about these mental conditions? Did you in a previous life submit an article to the American Psychologist? It's crazy how much knowledge you have. I used to HATE on Episode 7 of WandaVision because I was annoyed Wanda kept insisting she was fine when she really needed help. But you explained to me denial is a big part of mental illness, so now Episode 7 is actually one of my favorites of that show. I sure wish the series consulted you on how to handle Wanda in Episode 9! I think they would have avoided some of the problems I had with what I considered to be a really poignant and heartfelt finale for the series if you were there to help them wrap things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    You know what would have been a good outlawed tie-in. Quicksilver and Luna doing that sidekick registered thing. Seeing her want to become an Avenger like her parents, and well need to start somewhere.
    I would love to see Pietro interact with the Avengers more than the X-characters. Hopefully Marvel Comics does this!

Ultimate Member

I think a lot of viewers didn't care about Wanda fleeing Westview. They were more interested in the costume and her new title. And the really cool laser battle. I mean Wanda fans such as yourself, lucy, teapartyofthedead, leokearon, gurkle and me picked up on how strange that ending was IMMEDIATELY. I actually had WAY less problems with the boner joke than what happened between Wanda and Monica. Yeah, Wanda is not a villain to the viewers. But to the residents of Westview she ABSOLUTELY is. I don't see how anybody can argue otherwise. If Hayward, Agatha, White Vision and SWORD were portrayed with any kind of nuance, they would be considered to be the "liberators" of Westview and that's just plain facts. The arguments I'm hearing from the opposite side are and will remain unconvincing to me. When they defend Wanda's actions they often pose the question: "What about Hawkeye, Loki, Black Widow, the Winter Soldier, Killmonger etc? or state "Oh, Wanda will just deal with this LATER." I disagree. The movies made it painfully clear the actions of those characters were wrong, or they were being manipulated and some of them even DIED for their sins. When it comes to the LATTER argument, I say each episode, each season ultimately does need to be somewhat self-contained. You can't rely on 'this'll get solved in future installations', because it means that this installation will be incomplete and comes to an unsatisfying, poorly executed conclusion.

Here's a statement I found elsewhere which this time I TOTALLY agree with:

"WandaVision was so brave and creative and original in its first two acts—I truly love this show as one of the best things the MCU has done. I do also share the point about how the finale reverted to a safer, more family-friendly mode when trying to tie up the more complicated themes of morality and justice it had introduced."

I think Marvel is WAY too lazy to do anything with Pietro. I mean, they've had DECADES to figure something out. Other Flashes have been introduced after Quicksilver has, and DC has done a great job of developing them both power and character wise. I mean, Marvel has no excuse here. And I do think MCU Pietro is finished as a character. Why would Disney bring back a version of a character who has been practically forgotten about? Most people don't even remember what happened in AoU because it was released so long ago. Even CBR published an article stating that Fietro was always intended to be a "Fake Pietro". To go back on that would be chickenshit on Disney's parts and caving into fanboy nerd rage just because their shitty fan fiction never came to fruition.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-fake...r-quicksilver/
    On a side note I'm kinda annoyed at people asking for Killmonger to come back.

I agree with a lot of whay you're saying. Although I don't see how the finale was family-friendly.

About Pietro, I do think Marvel could do more with him. Some in this thread have suggested he team up with his daughter or reunite with the Avengers. I think rhat could work but whether Marvel will do it is questionable.

I don't think Fietro was ever going to be Pietro. That said the real one could be alive in an alternate timeline, should Marvel Studios seek to bring him back. I will say I liked Fietro with Billy and Tommy

On a side note I'm kinda annoyed at people asking for Killmonger to come back.

I agree with a lot of whay you're saying. Although I don't see how the finale was family-friendly.

About Pietro, I do think Marvel could do more with him. Some in this thread have suggested he team up with his daughter or reunite with the Avengers. I think rhat could work but whether Marvel will do it is questionable.

I don't think Fietro was ever going to be Pietro. That said the real one could be alive in an alternate timeline, should Marvel Studios seek to bring him back. I will say I liked Fietro with Billy and Tommy
    Yeah, I'm annoyed about that too. I thought Killmonger had a great ending to his arc. Resurrecting him would cheapen it. Klaw and Killmonger clearly outshone T'Challa in his OWN movie, and I thought that sucked. Bringing them back would undermine the first Black Panther movie. I don't think the finale was family-friendly in the traditional sense. I think the quote meant that Disney refused to deal with the themes of morality and justice in a SOMEWHAT realistic manner after making a big effort to bring those elements into the show. Disney tried to wrap things up in a rather simplistic way instead of treating these issues in a more nuanced manner. That's how I read that quote. I think Marvel could do more with Pietro, but I've seen little evidence they're even interested in doing that. They clearly favor other characters over the Maximoff twins, unfortunately. I thought Fietro would be a FOX version that would be dumped back into his universe in Strange 2, but I'm not surprised that he was a fakeout. I don't think Marvel Studios wants to formally introduce the multiverse concept until Doctor Strange's next movie. So I'm wondering if the rumored Spider-Man cameos are actually gonna be very different than fans anticipate they will be. If it is, I think the backlash over that would make the Mandarin and Fietro twists seem like trivial matters and fanboy rage would go absolutely insane. I actually sort of want to see that happen to be honest. Because I like trolling.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Pietro interact with the Avengers more than the X-characters. Hopefully Marvel Comics does this!
    Well he has been, though him in more of basically a leadership/teacher position would be cool to see again.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I'm annoyed about that too. I thought Killmonger had a great ending to his arc. Resurrecting him would cheapen it. Klaw and Killmonger clearly outshone T'Challa in his OWN movie, and I thought that sucked. Bringing them back would undermine the first Black Panther movie. I don't think the finale was family-friendly in the traditional sense. I think the quote meant that Disney refused to deal with the themes of morality and justice in a SOMEWHAT realistic manner after making a big effort to bring those elements into the show. Disney tried to wrap things up in a rather simplistic way instead of treating these issues in a more nuanced manner. That's how I read that quote. I think Marvel could do more with Pietro, but I've seen little evidence they're even interested in doing that. They clearly favor other characters over the Maximoff twins, unfortunately. I thought Fietro would be a FOX version that would be dumped back into his universe in Strange 2, but I'm not surprised that he was a fakeout. I don't think Marvel Studios wants to formally introduce the multiverse concept until Doctor Strange's next movie. So I'm wondering if the rumored Spider-Man cameos are actually gonna be very different than fans anticipate they will be. If it is, I think the backlash over that would make the Mandarin and Fietro twists seem like trivial matters and fanboy rage would go absolutely insane. I actually sort of want to see that happen to be honest. Because I like trolling.
    I actually liked Klaue the most. And Okoye and Shuri. T'Challa was overshadowed and the rest of characters were unnecessary

I see what you mean about the finale. I think Wanda should have been more apologetic and the show could have better served some justice for the townspeople. Hopefully she can atone for it at some point.

I honestly don't want to see older Spider-Man actors back. I'd rather see alternate Pietro (not that he's coming)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well he has been, though him in more of basically a leadership/teacher position would be cool to see again.
    When was that? I've mostly read him in Avengers comics