Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It’s why his thread is here. The Avengers office may control where he appears for now, but his first and truest home will always be with the X-Men.
    The Avengers office isn't even doing anything with him. I saw a theory online about how Pietro could still be a mutant and Wanda not, and it's stuck with me:

Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I totally understand what you're saying. And you're right. You got the facts on your side. It's just in MY mind, I consider Pietro to be an Avenger. Especially when it comes to his interactions with Wanda and Vision, you know? I guess the "Week of Ultron" solidified this opinion in my mind. That's why I resented Fox using him. In the MCU, he could have been an awesome Avenger. Sure he probably would have been killed off later with Vision to give Wanda some trauma to work with, but I would have liked to see his interactions with the rest of the team. I even wouldn't have minded Disney nerfing him even more to give him some challenges in battle. Markus and McFeely could have made him a quippy character like all the rest of the dudes in the MCU, which would have been so fun to see. Now we probably won't have a proper MCU reunion between ATJ and Olsen because of stupid studio politics. Which deeply frustrates me.
    I feel less this way because Pietro left early. Before Wanda and Vision were together. And ended up with Crystal, the eventually X-Factor. His times on Avengers were there for sure, but not as dedicated as Wanda. He'd come back on occasion, then off on his own adventure. I am most comfortable with him handling and being focused on mutant issues.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I totally understand what you're saying. And you're right. You got the facts on your side. It's just in MY mind, I consider Pietro to be an Avenger. Especially when it comes to his interactions with Wanda and Vision, you know? I guess the "Week of Ultron" solidified this opinion in my mind. That's why I resented Fox using him. In the MCU, he could have been an awesome Avenger. Sure he probably would have been killed off later with Vision to give Wanda some trauma to work with, but I would have liked to see his interactions with the rest of the team. I even wouldn't have minded Disney nerfing him even more to give him some challenges in battle. Markus and McFeely could have made him a quippy character like all the rest of the dudes in the MCU, which would have been so fun to see. Now we probably won't have a proper MCU reunion between ATJ and Olsen because of stupid studio politics. Which deeply frustrates me.
    I’m frustrated too. At first, I thought Pietro had lucked out showing up in both the Fox movies and the MCU. Two versions would surely mean twice the coverage, and more coverage is good for the comic version, right? Then Pietro was killed off in AoU, the Fox version remained a gimmick, and the comic version has been floundering since taken off X-Factor. All due to corporate politics and franchise rivalry.

I can only hope that the rumor of them mashing up the Fox movies with the MCU will lead them to retconning him back as a mutant so he can return to where he thrived best. If I had it my way, the Maximoff twins would be like the Braddock twins: one has an x-gene, and the other a magic-type character. I think it adds more to their stories if their powers came from different sources, as well as respecting they have their own stories apart from each other.

I would like to see them on the same team again, like in Uncanny Avengers, but written by someone who likes both twins, or at least doesn’t see Wanda as the Pretender and Pietro as a sociopath.

I can only hope that the rumor of them mashing up the Fox movies with the MCU will lead them to retconning him back as a mutant so he can return to where he thrived best. If I had it my way, the Maximoff twins would be like the Braddock twins: one has an x-gene, and the other a magic-type character. I think it adds more to their stories if their powers came from different sources, as well as respecting they have their own stories apart from each other.
    I so agree with this and hope it happens so they can have their own strong stories. They need to be back in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Avengers office isn't even doing anything with him. I saw a theory online about how Pietro could still be a mutant and Wanda not, and it's stuck with me:

It’s very close to what I would like to see happen in regards to Natalya/Magda. I would really love it if Magda was pulled out of the fridge and could tell her own story of survival. All we’ve ever heard is Max’s point of view.

Twins being born of different fathers is medically possible, though rare. It’s called heteropaternal superfecundation. This would be more like a magic version of that. It could be an interesting story, leave both twins with the truly important part of their stories. I believe they even did something similar on the Blood of Zeus anime.

I so agree with this and hope it happens so they can have their own strong stories. They need to be back in comics.
    They’re is so much they can be, together and apart. They have fascinating gifts and story hooks, and they have ties across the Marvel universe. But first Marvel needs to be convinced of that.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-26-2021 at 01:22 PM.

It’s very close to what I would like to see happen in regards to Natalya/Magda. I would really love it if Magda was pulled out of the fridge and could tell her own story of survival. All we’ve ever heard is Max’s point of view.

Twins being born of different fathers is medically possible, though rare. It’s called heteropaternal superfecundation. This would be more like a magic version of that. It could be an interesting story, leave both twins with the truly important part of their stories. I believe they even did something similar on the Blood of Zeus anime.
    It'd be most positive for all involved. And I do agree about Magda being pulled from the fridge. It always bothered me that all the moms died. Miss America, Marya, Magda and now Natalya. At least Marya is back. Let's get Magda/Natalya back too.

I feel less this way because Pietro left early. Before Wanda and Vision were together. And ended up with Crystal, the eventually X-Factor. His times on Avengers were there for sure, but not as dedicated as Wanda. He'd come back on occasion, then off on his own adventure. I am most comfortable with him handling and being focused on mutant issues.
    I understand that. I know Pietro did his own thing away from the Avengers throughout his publication history. But I didn't really read that many X-books, so I'm more aware of his interactions with the Avengers. I just don't read enough to have a bigger perspective. I guess he can do more things as a mutant, but since he is officially an Avenger, I don't think that's gonna happen. I just remember him being insanely protective of Wanda back in the day. But he would get annoyed if she interrupted him watching the Ed Sullivan Show! You'd think he was from Afghanistan or Pakistan with those patriarchal values of his. I doubt Romani society is THAT patriarchal.

I understand that. I know Pietro did his own thing away from the Avengers throughout his publication history. But I didn't really read that many X-books, so I'm more aware of his interactions with the Avengers. I just don't read enough to have a bigger perspective. I guess he can do more things as a mutant, but since he is officially an Avenger, I don't think that's gonna happen. I just remember him being insanely protective of Wanda back in the day. But he would get annoyed if she interrupted him watching the Ed Sullivan Show! You'd think he was from Afghanistan or Pakistan with those patriarchal values of his. I doubt Romani society is THAT patriarchal.
    I don't think it matters because the Avengers office isn't using Pietro so, what bother is it if the x-office does? At least he's somewhere then.

Romani society is patriarchal entirely. Depending on the group, it can be different to certain extents but they aren't wrong with making it patriarchal. It's just they are distant from Romanipe and Romanipen so I don't know what their current status is. And honestly with Wanda having practiced dark magics, she'd have been likely exiled.

It'd be most positive for all involved. And I do agree about Magda being pulled from the fridge. It always bothered me that all the moms died. Miss America, Marya, Magda and now Natalya. At least Marya is back. Let's get Magda/Natalya back too.
    I use to think it was due to the historical fact that childbirth was incredibly dangerous, especially if you’re a woman of color. But really, it reflects the value these woman had to their male writers: a steppingstone for their bereaved husbands and sons. Magda was also a survivor of the Holocaust, and faced anti-Romani sentiment prior. She survived the loss of her first child, and having to leave behind the twins. What happened to her to bring her to this point? What if she actually wandered into the Witch’s Road, and learned witchcraft to take control of her own life? But this attracted Chthon’s eye to Wanda and her own potential, and had to fight off him and the High Evolutionary who was trying to get his hands on Pietro?

Magda/Natalya definitely need to come back. I need to hear their side of the story!

I’m frustrated too. At first, I thought Pietro had lucked out showing up in both the Fox movies and the MCU. Two versions would surely mean twice the coverage, and more coverage is good for the comic version, right? Then Pietro was killed off in AoU, the Fox version remained a gimmick, and the comic version has been floundering since taken off X-Factor. All due to corporate politics and franchise rivalry.

I would like to see them on the same team again, like in Uncanny Avengers, but written by someone who likes both twins, or at least doesn’t see Wanda as the Pretender and Pietro as a sociopath.
    Yeah, you figure with two Quicksilvers he would be TWICE as popular in the general public's eyes. But I think that scenario led to what has happened. Fox and Disney wouldn't permit two Quicksilvers to exist at the same time. And I kind of understand why they felt that way. But I just hate the fact that Pietro was killed off not so much for story reasons, but because studios just wouldn't play nice with each other. Sure Whedon/Feige might have killed off Pietro in the Week of Ultron anyways, but I think there's a greater chance he would have stuck around for a little while longer if Fox and Disney weren't at odds. They could have easily killed off Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury and Maria Hill and those deaths would have had more impacts because they've been in the movies for a while. But I'm not optimistic that the MCU will use Speed any better. I'm not really familiar with the Young Avengers mythos, but I do know that Tommy is a really neglected character. And I've read comments on other forums elsewhere that he is an inferior version of Pietro. I know comics favor science fiction over fantasy. But they favor magicians over speedsters, that's for sure. I'm hoping if Peters does a good job playing Quicksilver, he'll be used more in the comic books.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-26-2021 at 03:00 PM.

I use to think it was due to the historical fact that childbirth was incredibly dangerous, especially if you’re a woman of color. But really, it reflects the value these woman had to their male writers: a steppingstone for their bereaved husbands and sons. Magda was also a survivor of the Holocaust, and faced anti-Romani sentiment prior. She survived the loss of her first child, and having to leave behind the twins. What happened to her to bring her to this point? What if she actually wandered into the Witch’s Road, and learned witchcraft to take control of her own life? But this attracted Chthon’s eye to Wanda and her own potential, and had to fight off him and the High Evolutionary who was trying to get his hands on Pietro?

Magda/Natalya definitely need to come back. I need to hear their side of the story!
    It'd be interesting. The only thing is I'd like them to separate witch craft from the family line. Not make it something blood tied. Since that is a stereotype and is the complete opposite in reality. There is of course herbalism, remedies and such that was seen as witchcraft in a sense, but not really dark stuff like often gets associated.

I don't think it matters because the Avengers office isn't using Pietro so, what bother is it if the x-office does? At least he's somewhere then.

Romani society is patriarchal entirely. Depending on the group, it can be different to certain extents but they aren't wrong with making it patriarchal. It's just they are distant from Romanipe and Romanipen so I don't know what their current status is. And honestly with Wanda having practiced dark magics, she'd have been likely exiled.
    Is it indeed? So Romani society is just as macho as Latin American society? Toxic masculinity reigns supreme? You learn something new everyday.

Is it indeed? So Romani society is just as macho as Latin American society? Toxic masculinity reigns supreme? You learn something new everyday.
    It's cultures stemming from about 800 years ago... Of course somethings have progressed and will continue to do so, but it's not progressive either. The community leaders are men. The laws of Romanipe are determined by men.

It's cultures stemming from about 800 years ago... Of course somethings have progressed and will continue to do so, but it's not progressive either. The community leaders are men. The laws of Romanipe are determined by men.
    And Wanda obeys those laws without question? I figure her personality would resist those kinds of shackles.

And Wanda obeys those laws without question? I figure her personality would resist those kinds of shackles.
    I don't know what Wanda believes. Since Marvel is so distant from knowing Roma culture. And decided to make her pagan in the 80s, which would not have been allowed under Romanipe. So, I think of Wanda as being distant, probably. I'd like to see an actual Romani writer come in and clean things up with her and Pietro.