Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh. Yeah, the 90's Pietro was not a favorite of mine. Like his sister, Wanda, I think the key to liking and understanding the characters is to go back as far as you can. Of course some things may seem dated (such as the way women, even super-women were treated), but you will see things in the stories and the characters that you just don't see in later decades.

For instance, if you go back 5-7 pages in Wanda's thread, you will see some things I pointed out about ealier Wanda. You may find them interesting and even learn some things about Wanda. When CJ starts posting his reviews from early readings, you may see some of those points brought out and even other ones (as I am going from memory while he is from fresh readings). All of this will add to the lore of the character. And your love for the character may grow even more.
    I still like the character a lot. And I've read some of his Silver Age and Bronze Age appearances as well. It's why I feel he's been wasted in live action

I agree though that old comics were terrible for women and PoC

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I still like the character a lot. And I've read some of his Silver Age and Bronze Age appearances as well. It's why I feel he's been wasted in live action

I agree though that old comics were terrible for women and PoC
    Yes, but even so, when I read those comics, I always saw the women (and some men like Pietro) as being more powerful than the perhaps more popular characters. For instance, they had real powers, not a suit, not an armor, not weaponry, but innate powers. Even in the old series, I always saw Wanda as the most powerful of the team, Sue and even Jean. It may not be every moment and with every power display, but when they did something big, the boys stood back, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well, as we've seen in real life, a PoC man can still be sexist, and a white woman can still be racist.

But I agree, it's not a good fit for him
    While that's true it did not fit him, because it was this sudden turn. On top of that he could see he was hurting his sister. The same character who put his own body in danger to save his sister. Wanda was the one character Pietro was nice to (besides Cap really) because that was all they had. And he was someone fighting for equality, not someone who was a hypocrite about it.

I think the Avengers writers of that time just didn't care for him as much as they did Wanda. So he suffered until he landed a home on X-Factor.

There were of course moments earlier and later on in Avengers books where they did much better with him. But it was that era where they made him suddenly hateful and for no good reason that never made sense. It was like they were trying to turn him into a villain honestly.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-25-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Yes, but even so, when I read those comics, I always saw the women (and some men like Pietro) as being more powerful than the perhaps more popular characters. For instance, they had real powers, not a suit, not an armor, not weaponry, but innate powers. Even in the old series, I always saw Wanda as the most powerful of the team, Sue and even Jean. It may not be every moment and with every power display, but when they did something big, the boys stood back, lol.
    true. Although i could never like Sue Storm. She's so boring to me.

I like Wanda, Janet, and Carol more, as well as Ororo. jean's also kinda boring to me but still ok. Although Silver Age Janet was kinda stupid at times

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    While that's true it did not fit him, because it was this sudden turn. On top of that he could see he was hurting his sister. The same character who put his own body in danger to save his sister. Wanda was the one character Pietro was nice to because that was all they had. And he was some fighting for equality, not someone who was a hypocrite about it.

I think the Avengers writers of that time just didn't care for him as much as they did Wanda. So he suffered until he landed a home on X-Factor.

There were of course moments earlier and later on in Avengers books where they did much better with him. But it was that era where they made him suddenly hateful and for no good reason that never made sense. It was like they were trying to turn him into a villain honestly.
    yeah, that's kinda stupid. Why couldn't he just be an Avenger?

yeah, that's kinda stupid. Why couldn't he just be an Avenger?
    Well he makes sense on both sides. Both include major parts of his characterization. I just wish the Avengers writers had done better by him leading up to Wanda and Vision's marriage.

true. Although i could never like Sue Storm. She's so boring to me.

I like Wanda, Janet, and Carol more, as well as Ororo. jean's also kinda boring to me but still ok. Although Silver Age Janet was kinda stupid at times
    No problem. Everyone has their favs and their nots. It's all good, lol. Just trying to help.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Well he makes sense on both sides. Both include major parts of his characterization. I just wish the Avengers writers had done better by him leading up to Wanda and Vision's marriage.
    He later was ok with it, wasn't he?

But yeah, he needed better characterization

No problem. Everyone has their favs and their nots. It's all good, lol. Just trying to help.
    It's cool. I think Janet benefitted from character evolution, and became a fashion designer and chairwoman of the Avengers, whereas Sue always seems overshadowed by being Reed's wife

It's cool. I think Janet benefitted from character evolution, and became a fashion designer and chairwoman of the Avengers, whereas Sue always seems overshadowed by being Reed's wife
    Yeah he was fine with it later.

I love Sue. Her powers are fascinating. That brain bubble she did on Doom was both cool and scary. And she was really fun to play in Marvel Heroes.

This is not true in the actual comics.

Ultimate Member

This is not true in the actual comics.
    I kinda fell off F4 comics because I just don't like the characters. Did she ever get a job or a hobby or any interests at all?

I kinda fell off F4 comics because I just don't like the characters. Did she ever get a job or a hobby or any interests at all?
    Her hobbies have to do with space. Her job is hero work.

Ultimate Member

Her hobbies have to do with space. Her job is hero work.
    Sorry, but to me that's a bit lame. I can easily identify things about other heroes but she always make me draw a blank. But maybe I'm too harsh?

Sorry, but to me that's a bit lame. I can easily identify things about other heroes but she always make me draw a blank. But maybe I'm too harsh?
    If you don't identify with space or heroing I guess it makes sense.