Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If you don't identify with space or heroing I guess it makes sense.
    I mean, lots of heroes are heroes, that's their job. And I like space a lot, after all I'm a Star Trek fan, and I even like Carol Danvers, but Sue never seems to have any kind of interesting personality to me.

Well if you don't like her personality then that has nothing to do with hobbies or work... There's just something naturally you don't like about her then.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Well if you don't like her personality then that has nothing to do with hobbies or work... There's just something naturally you don't like about her then.
    I guess so. I was just trying to find something about her I may have overlooked. I'm trying to be fair but I guess she and the other F4 just aren't for me.

But I've went off on too much of a tangent. Back to the topic at hand

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked his portrayal too. I felt it was closer to the comic version. Plus, he's connected to the Inhumans in the comics so he could have helped connect them to the Avengers in the MCU.

I heard rumors of Ms. Marvel bringing NuHumans into in the MCU and possible original Inhumans. Idk if they're legit, but Pietro could have made some connection to that as well
    I felt his version was close to the comic version, but not so close that he became an asshole like how he was often portrayed. I know folks like to shit on Whedon's treatment of Pietro, but I did like how he imposed constraints on how he could use his powers and made him WAY more funnier and likeable than I thought he ever could be. I also feel ATJ's version of Pietro would never have interfered in Wanda's and Vision's romance. A lot of movie fans would have been turned off by that I think. As I said before, I sort of think without Quicksilver dying, WandaVision would NEVER have happened. Even if Vision died anyway, Wanda just would have leaned on her brother for support. She wouldn't have created a Hex and her fake family in Westview. And she would have been a way more BORING character as a result.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I felt his version was close to the comic version, but not so close that he became an asshole like how he was often portrayed. I know folks like to shit on Whedon's treatment of Pietro, but I did like how he imposed constraints on how he could use his powers and made him WAY more funnier and likeable than I thought he ever could be. I also feel ATJ's version of Pietro would never have interfered in Wanda's and Vision's romance. A lot of movie fans would have been turned off by that I think. As I said before, I sort of think without Quicksilver dying, WandaVision would NEVER have happened. Even if Vision died anyway, Wanda just would have leaned on her brother for support. She wouldn't have created a Hex and her fake family in Westview. And she would have been a way more BORING character as a result.
    I don't entirely agree. I think the loss of Vision could have still motivated her. I don't think we need to lose characters too quickly to make others interesting

I don't entirely agree. I think the loss of Vision could have still motivated her. I don't think we need to lose characters too quickly to make others interesting
    I think Feige and company liked the idea of piling up shit on Wanda so she could react in an extreme way to her new surroundings. If you keep Pietro in the picture, I think some of that tension would have been lost. I do think Pietro and Vision could have been killed off later though. I thought it sucked that two of Wanda's biggest supporting characters were eliminated so quickly.

Ultimate Member

I think Feige and company liked the idea of piling up shit on Wanda so she could react in an extreme way to her new surroundings. If you keep Pietro in the picture, I think some of that tension would have been lost. I do think Pietro and Vision could have been killed off later though. I thought it sucked that two of Wanda's biggest supporting characters were eliminated so quickly.
    Yeah, I didn't like her losing everyone although it makes big drama

I think it's that like it or not, Wanda has been a character that has gone through tremendous loss since her parents were killed in comics. Then that was added to in the 80s with more loss. So they'd be ignoring that chunk of her history if they over-looked that. I don't think Pietro needed added to that. But that could have been studio politics or Whedon just chose Pietro for his character to kill off this time. Regardless, I hope they take up the Englehart thing of having Wanda persevere through tragedy instead of Bendis and everyone after depicting her as succumbing to it.

Ultimate Member

I think it's that like it or not, Wanda has been a character that has gone through tremendous loss since her parents were killed in comics. Then that was added to in the 80s with more loss. So they'd be ignoring that chunk of her history if they over-looked that. I don't think Pietro needed added to that. But that could have been studio politics or Whedon just chose Pietro for his character to kill off this time. Regardless, I hope they take up the Englehart thing of having Wanda persevere through tragedy instead of Bendis and everyone after depicting her as succumbing to it.
    Kinda too bad for Pietro though

Kinda too bad for Pietro though
    It's really bad. It was a cheap death.

Ultimate Member

It's really bad. It was a cheap death.
    Fietro even said it in WandaVision. "I was shot like a chump in the streets for no reason at all"

That makes a lot of sense. It doesn't follow the comic book route exactly, but the spirit and essence of Wanda's character has carried over to the movies/shows. Without a lot of the problematic connections that the source material had. I feel bad for Pietro though. He didn't die like he did in the movies like he did in the comics. Vision, though, DID die in the comic books and was reborn as the White Vision (they should really call him Spectral Vision, White Vision sounds like the name of a militia group). So that's accurate. But I read a comment on another website that made a LOT of sense to me which I will share with you here:

"Let's be honest, Marvel Studios is going to capitalize on White Vision and Scarlet Witch 's estrangement as a couple for the next 5 or 6 years. We are going to get that comic panel in which Wanda sees White Vision for the first time. That's most likely the reason why Hex Vision never spoke of White Vision's realization he's the true Vision. Marvel Studios is going to explore these characters separate from each other in Phase 4 and 5.

But when everything is said and done, when Marvel Studios is going to retire these characters, there will most likely be a reunion. I expect White Vision, will come to a realization and alter his form to reflect his original color version. And yes, I believe they will build their home in Westview despite what happened in WandaVision. Who knows what world event happens in the future that changes the opinions of Westview residents and allows that to happen. But I think whatever the next big Marvel crossover event is it will alter the perceptions of the world with Vision and Scarlet Witch."

If this comes to pass, and I hope and think that it will, I hope Schaeffer, Shakman, Livanos and company could return to work on these two characters and give them the proper send-offs they deserve without worrying about connecting them to the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe too much. They did an awesome job when it came to just focusing on Wanda and Vision in WandaVision. In fact, many comments I've read online state that they wish that Wanda and Vision could have been given even more screen time together during that series. Unfortunately, I don't see Pietro being part of that reunion. I remain hopeful that Disney doesn't do the whole "will they, won't they?" thing with Wanda and Vision.

That makes a lot of sense. It doesn't follow the comic book route exactly, but the spirit and essence of Wanda's character has carried over to the movies/shows. Without a lot of the problematic connections that the source material had. I feel bad for Pietro though. He didn't die like he did in the movies like he did in the comics. Vision, though, DID die in the comic books and was reborn as the White Vision (they should really call him Spectral Vision, White Vision sounds like the name of a militia group). So that's accurate. But I read a comment on another website that made a LOT of sense to me which I will share with you here:

"Let's be honest, Marvel Studios is going to capitalize on White Vision and Scarlet Witch 's estrangement as a couple for the next 5 or 6 years. We are going to get that comic panel in which Wanda sees White Vision for the first time. That's most likely the reason why Hex Vision never spoke of White Vision's realization he's the true Vision. Marvel Studios is going to explore these characters separate from each other in Phase 4 and 5.

But when everything is said and done, when Marvel Studios is going to retire these characters, there will most likely be a reunion. I expect White Vision, will come to a realization and alter his form to reflect his original color version. And yes, I believe they will build their home in Westview despite what happened in WandaVision. Who knows what world event happens in the future that changes the opinions of Westview residents and allows that to happen. But I think whatever the next big Marvel crossover event is it will alter the perceptions of the world with Vision and Scarlet Witch."

If this comes to pass, and I hope and think that it will, I hope Schaeffer, Shakman, Livanos and company could return to work on these two characters and give them the proper send-offs they deserve without worrying about connecting them to the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe too much. They did an awesome job when it came to just focusing on Wanda and Vision in WandaVision. In fact, many comments I've read online state that they wish that Wanda and Vision could have been given even more screen time together during that series. Unfortunately, I don't see Pietro being part of that reunion. I remain hopeful that Disney doesn't do the whole "will they, won't they?" thing with Wanda and Vision.
    Pietro did die, just didn't stay dead in comics. Wanda resurrected him immediately.

They probably will make the separation of the relationship hurt. It hurt in comics too. It's like the now famous Jack Kirby quote:

Of course his was coming from a position of what it was like to work in comics rather than the stories themselves, but both are accurate.

I don't think the two will ever be back together. I think they will come across each other again. Just not have the same chemistry.

Fietro even said it in WandaVision. "I was shot like a chump in the streets for no reason at all"
    So painfully accurate that it hurts.

Pietro did die, just didn't stay dead in comics. Wanda resurrected him immediately.

They probably will make the separation of the relationship hurt. It hurt in comics too. It's like the now famous Jack Kirby quote:

Of course his was coming from a position of what it was like to work in comics rather than the stories themselves, but both are accurate.

I don't think the two will ever be back together. I think they will come across each other again. Just not have the same chemistry.
    Well, I guess I'm slightly more optimistic and hopeful than you. I think Wanda and Vision will exit the MCU at the same time actually. Just like they entered it. Why would WandaVision keep emphasizing that "A family is forever. We could never truly leave each other if we tried." I think the separation between Wanda and Vision will be a long one, but I do think Marvel Studios likes happy endings. So they might get one! Or they could get blown up together or something.