Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, I guess I'm slightly more optimistic and hopeful than you. I think Wanda and Vision will exit the MCU at the same time actually. Just like they entered it. Why would WandaVision keep emphasizing that "A family is forever. We could never truly leave each other if we tried." I think the separation between Wanda and Vision will be a long one, but I do think Marvel Studios likes happy endings. So they might get one! Or they could get blown up together or something.
    All of that was done with spiritual Vision, so they just left some threads for future writers but it's up to those writers to do what they want with it. And if left up to interpretation it can be like how when someone dies and they say that they'll always be alive in your heart. Not everything is literal.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

But when everything is said and done, when Marvel Studios is going to retire these characters, there will most likely be a reunion. I expect White Vision, will come to a realization and alter his form to reflect his original color version. And yes, I believe they will build their home in Westview despite what happened in WandaVision. Who knows what world event happens in the future that changes the opinions of Westview residents and allows that to happen. But I think whatever the next big Marvel crossover event is it will alter the perceptions of the world with Vision and Scarlet Witch."

If this comes to pass, and I hope and think that it will, I hope Schaeffer, Shakman, Livanos and company could return to work on these two characters and give them the proper send-offs they deserve without worrying about connecting them to the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe too much. They did an awesome job when it came to just focusing on Wanda and Vision in WandaVision. In fact, many comments I've read online state that they wish that Wanda and Vision could have been given even more screen time together during that series. Unfortunately, I don't see Pietro being part of that reunion. I remain hopeful that Disney doesn't do the whole "will they, won't they?" thing with Wanda and Vision.
    I generally dislike "will they won't they" so I'll be quite happy without it. But I agree, they'll probably be apart for the next phase then reunite in phase 5

I think Spectral Vision is a good name as well

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So painfully accurate that it hurts.
    They were very meta about it yet still haven't brought him back. We'll see

All of that was done with spiritual Vision, so they just left some threads for future writers but it's up to those writers to do what they want with it. And if left up to interpretation it can be like how when someone dies and they say that they'll always be alive in your heart. Not everything is literal.
    Not saying at all what you say is not possible. But I think Marvel Studios would be going about Vision's and Wanda's separation in a really weird and awkward way if they follow the approach you think they are taking. All Disney had to do to permanently divide Vision and Wanda is to "kill off" both Hex Vision and Spectral Vision. This would have achieved that goal. Why would they keep Spectral Vision on the board then? I don't get it!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think they may want to use White Vision to get Viv and Vin into the MCU.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think they may want to use White Vision to get Viv and Vin into the MCU.
    I'm guessing she'll appear at some point. Maybe in Ironheart?

As for him, he hasn't been as important, so I'm less sure. But if the other Avengers are getting Zennial/Gen Z versions, Vision can too.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I think it will Viv more than Vin, he´s more like a support character and I am not sure the MCU will get into the whole "Vision tries to do his family a second time" I could see them just adding Viv to the story.

I was thinking they could also do the story where Vision tries to make a more safe planet by controlling the worlds computers, given he doesn´t have yet his feelings of his past life I could see his logical mind coming to the conclusion that the world needs a "big brother" to take care of it and maybe they can use this story to give him his feelings back.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Not saying at all what you say is not possible. But I think Marvel Studios would be going about Vision's and Wanda's separation in a really weird and awkward way if they follow the approach you think they are taking. All Disney had to do to permanently divide Vision and Wanda is to "kill off" both Hex Vision and Spectral Vision. This would have achieved that goal. Why would they keep Spectral Vision on the board then? I don't get it!
    That wouldn't be as meaningful if they went that route of just killing him off. Plus it likely means that they have other stories for him planned. That doesn't mean they'll happen, just something is being set up. But I don't expect them to put them back together.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes I think it will Viv more than Vin, he´s more like a support character and I am not sure the MCU will get into the whole "Vision tries to do his family a second time" I could see them just adding Viv to the story.

I was thinking they could also do the story where Vision tries to make a more safe planet by controlling the worlds computers, given he doesn´t have yet his feelings of his past life I could see his logical mind coming to the conclusion that the world needs a "big brother" to take care of it and maybe they can use this story to give him his feelings back.
    Maybe as white Vision tries to regain his humanity he'll feel as if he's missing something. Or maybe someone is trying to create a new synthezoid and he stops them and helps the new synthezoid become Viv.

That wouldn't be as meaningful if they went that route of just killing him off. Plus it likely means that they have other stories for him planned. That doesn't mean they'll happen, just something is being set up. But I don't expect them to put them back together.
    I don't think they will get back together until their respective tenures end in the MCU. That would absolutely defeat the purpose of WandaVision. But I didn't think Cap would get back together with Peggy to end his journey in the movies either. So who knows where Disney will take this. All I can say is that I don't want Vision to enjoy fame and popularity in the MCU without Wanda somehow being involved.

Ultimate Member

I don't think they will get back together until their respective tenures end in the MCU. That would absolutely defeat the purpose of WandaVision. But I didn't think Cap would get back together with Peggy to end his journey in the movies either. So who knows where Disney will take this. All I can say is that I don't want Vision to enjoy fame and popularity in the MCU without Wanda somehow being involved.
    Idk, I'd like to see him spend time apart from her to see how he develops on his own, at least for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk, I'd like to see him spend time apart from her to see how he develops on his own, at least for a little while
    Yeah, it seems a lot of comic book and movie/television fans really want to see Vision develop on his own, don't they? It's almost like they're tired of him playing second fiddle to the Scarlet Witch for so long. I guess you can see where they are coming from though. I think WandaVision did WAY more to grow her character than it did for Vision. He's still a bit of a mystery to audiences right now in a way that Wanda isn't anymore.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it seems a lot of comic book and movie/television fans really want to see Vision develop on his own, don't they? It's almost like they're tired of him playing second fiddle to the Scarlet Witch for so long. I guess you can see where they are coming from though. I think WandaVision did WAY more to grow her character than it did for Vision. He's still a bit of a mystery to audiences right now in a way that Wanda isn't anymore.
    I think in some ways it helped him, not as much as her, but it showed he cared about his family and the people in Westview.

Of course, that's not who he is anymore, but time apart from her will allow him to be more than just "her lover"

I think they both can be popular in their own right. The MCU has managed to make everyone popular. So whatever they do with the relationship isn't really relative to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think in some ways it helped him, not as much as her, but it showed he cared about his family and the people in Westview.

Of course, that's not who he is anymore, but time apart from her will allow him to be more than just "her lover"
    It'll be cool to see him on his own. I'm looking forward to that. But I'll miss the whole WandaVision dynamic because it was so much fun.

I think they both can be popular in their own right. The MCU has managed to make everyone popular. So whatever they do with the relationship isn't really relative to that.
    Yes, I suppose you're right. I have a bit of a better idea of where they are taking the Scarlet Witch. Spectral Vision is still an enigma to me. I wonder how the MCU is gonna transition him from his white form to his former colorful one. Look, I've read a lot of classic literature in my life: Hemingway, Bradbury, Steinbeck, Orwell, and Huxley amongst others. And the stories they wrote were pretty intricate and emotionally complex. So you would figure I would understand ANYTHING that Marvel could shove in my face. But no. I STILL don't understand the whole Anti-Vision, White Vision storyline even more than twenty-five years after its publication. That **** is not even COMPREHENSIBLE to any rational person in my opinion. I really REALLY hope the MCU doesn't do THAT storyline for the Vision either. It's just TOO weird.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-26-2021 at 02:55 PM.