Page 54 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It'll be cool to see him on his own. I'm looking forward to that. But I'll miss the whole WandaVision dynamic because it was so much fun.
    Oh yeah, the dynamic was entertaining

Yes, I suppose you're right. I have a bit of a better idea of where they are taking the Scarlet Witch. Spectral Vision is still an enigma to me. I wonder how the MCU is gonna transition him from his white form to his former colorful one. Look, I've read a lot of classic literature in my life: Hemingway, Bradbury, Steinbeck, Orwell, and Huxley amongst others. And the stories they wrote were pretty intricate and emotionally complex. So you would figure I would understand ANYTHING that Marvel could shove in my face. But no. I STILL don't understand the whole Anti-Vision, White Vision storyline even more than twenty-five years of its publication. That **** is not even COMPREHENSIBLE to any rational person in my opinion. I really REALLY hope the MCU doesn't do THAT storyline for the Vision either. It's just TOO weird.
    I doubt Anti-Vision is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh yeah, the dynamic was entertaining

I doubt Anti-Vision is coming
    Good Lord I hope not. It was a very confusing storyline.

I'm actually surprised Lucy is so interested in the Pietro and Crystal romance. I usually don't pay too much heed to romantic relationships, so I did some research on this one. I found an old comic book blog entry which trashed Crystal as being basically a whore:

http://thecoolkidztable.blogspot.com...e-bicycle.html

Wasn't the Quicksilver and Crystal pairing really toxic? Why would Disney want to adapt THAT storyline?!

Ultimate Member

Good Lord I hope not. It was a very confusing storyline.
    I think he'll be trying to discover himself and rebuild some connections to the Avengers

Ultimate Member

I'm actually surprised Lucy is so interested in the Pietro and Crystal romance. I usually don't pay too much heed to romantic relationships, so I did some research on this one. I found an old comic book blog entry which trashed Crystal as being basically a whore:

Wasn't the Quicksilver and Crystal pairing really toxic? Why would Disney want to adapt THAT storyline?!
    Disney could always detoxify the romance. I think something we want is for questionable storylines to be improved in adaptations

I think he'll be trying to discover himself and rebuild some connections to the Avengers
    Yeah, I think Rhodey, the new Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Banner would be good friends to him. Wish Iron Man was still around though. I miss the Stark/Jarvis dynamic so much.

Disney could always detoxify the romance. I think something we want is for questionable storylines to be improved in adaptations
    They did detoxify the romance between Hank and Janet in the movies. I found an old comic book blog after doing some research on THAT romance, and this one trashed Janet for basically being a whore as well:

http://www.comicscube.com/2013/02/mr...ike-janet.html

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I think Rhodey, the new Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Banner would be good friends to him. Wish Iron Man was still around though. I miss the Stark/Jarvis dynamic so much.
    I liked rheir dynamic too. Viz could also be friends with Wasp, maybe Hank and jan and the Young Avengers too

They did detoxify the romance between Hank and Janet in the movies. I found an old comic book blog after doing some research on THAT romance, and this one trashed Janet for basically being a whore as well:

http://www.comicscube.com/2013/02/mr...ike-janet.html
    Why are these blogs calling them whores, especially when Hank was at fault?

But I agree the MCU romance was improved, even though Janet was mostly wasted. I wish rhey had been younger in the MCU

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I heard some time ago that at the time Marvel wanted to introduce more adult themes on the story like the divorce, they at first thought of making Wanda and Vision separate but then decided to divorce Pietro and Crystal, they started to write Crystal cheating around and Pietro as a whorkaholic husband who "send his woman to other men arms" before that neither of them had much character development so I find it a bit unfair their relationship was cut short because marvel thought they were not that important characters. I think it was a disservice to both.

While Pietro got the opportunity to have better development on X-factor, Crystal just went from one man to another, from Pietro to Johny and back because writers have the idea thatīs just what sheīs when she has not really been developed as a character.

Given the good work Hank Pym got from the MCU I was hopping Pietro and Crystal would get a more healthy relationship, because despite it all, they had their moments together and I also love Luna XD

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I heard some time ago that at the time Marvel wanted to introduce more adult themes on the story like the divorce, they at first thought of making Wanda and Vision divorce but then decided to divorce Pietro and Crystal, they started to write Crystal cheating around and Pietro as a whorkaholic husband who "send his woman to other men arms" before that neither of them had much character development so I find it a bit infair their relationship was cut short because marvel thought they were not that important characters. I think it was a disservice to both.

While Pietro got the opportunity to have better development on X-factor, Crystal just went from one man to another, from Pietro to Johny and back because writers have the idea thatīs just what sheīs when she has not really been developed as a character.

Given the good work Hank Pym got from the MCU I was hopping Pietro and Crystal would get a more healthy relationship, because despite it all, they had their moments together and I also love Luna XD

I suggested once Pietro could be alive in the multiverse. Maybe with a version of Crystal not based on the failed show. They could even have Luna and the Royal family in the alternative universe

As for the comics, when did they last interact?

I think this was the last time they interacted, I have not seen them together since this issue.

Yes, lest hope they are together and happy with Luna somewhere.

I have the theory she could have rescued him before Sokovia fell, it was completely destroyed and we didnīt see Pietroīs body so they could add Crystal around there and it would be a nice call back because they also meet like that in the comics, she rescued him from the sentinels and married some time after it.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ultimate Member

I think this was the last time they interacted, I have not seen them together since this issue.

Yes, lest hope they are together and happy with Luna somewhere.

I have the theory she could have rescued him before Sokovia fell, it was completely destroyed and we didnīt see Pietroīs body so they could add Crystal around there and it would be a nice call back because they also meet like that in the comics, she rescued him from the sentinels and married some time after it.
    When was that panel?

Your idea is an interesting retcon! Sadly I don't think this universe's Pietro is still alive. But he may still show up elsewhere

It was before the Axis retcon around 2014 imo part of the reason Pietro seems so hard to find right now is because he was left without strong connections besides Wanda. He needs new links to more characters.

It could be a way to get him back without much effort but thatīs a matter of time to see if they want to bring him back.

Ultimate Member

It was before the Axis retcon around 2014 imo part of the reason Pietro seems so hard to find right now is because he was left without strong connections besides Wanda. He needs new links to more characters.

It could be a way to get him back without much effort but thatīs a matter of time to see if they want to bring him back.
    They need to pull him out of limbo

Yes, he needs that but he also needs new stories and more friends and people to interact. Most of his stronger connections were with the X-side and after the retcon he just stopped having any link to them. I think he could still be friends with Lorna but I think a new take on him, his powers and motives for being a superhero are in order.