Page 55 of 110 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, he needs that but he also needs new stories and more friends and people to interact. Most of his stronger connections were with the X-side and after the retcon he just stopped having any link to them. I think he could still be friends with Lorna but I think a new take on him, his powers and motives for being a superhero are in order.
    Well, he still has Wanda, and he used to be friends with Cap and Hawkeye I think. Plus he has his "nephews"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

He doesn´t really have a relationship with his nephews, Wanda said she didn´t want him around her because he was oppresive to her, sure they made up but the fact of the matter is that he´s often written that way when he´s around her and this doesn´t make up for the relationships he lost. Cap and Haweye were more partners than actual friends to him when he was an Avenger. I just think he needs some time with people he likes and who like him back.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He doesn´t really have a relationship with his nephews, Wanda said she didn´t want him around her because he was oppresive to her, sure they made up but the fact of the matter is that he´s often written that way when he´s around her and this doesn´t make up for the relationships he lost. Cap and Haweye were more partners than actual friends to him when he was an Avenger. I just think he needs some time with people he likes and who like him back.
    Well they should "unmake that up" and help reestablish his relationship with her. Ir would help both. I also feel he could benefit from reuniting with the Avengers he fought and lived alongside for so long

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm not sure about Cap and Hawkeye, at least on their end. When he decided to lead the Zodiac during his villain turn they even tried to convince themselves and others that he would never betray them and mentioned the Kooky Quartet. Though, its fuzzy and I don't know how much of it was just luring him out of his state.

If we are mentioning friends though, wouldn't Polaris, Havok, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man and Strong Guy even count? At least back then and then there is head canon if one does not wish to think of all the squabbling since then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm not sure about Cap and Hawkeye, at least on their end. When he decided to lead the Zodiac during his villain turn they even tried to convince themselves and others that he would never betray them and mentioned the Kooky Quartet. Though, its fuzzy and I don't know how much of it was just luring him out of his state.

If we are mentioning friends though, wouldn't Polaris, Havok, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man and Strong Guy even count? At least back then and then there is head canon if one does not wish to think of all the squabbling since then.
    I think he should reunite with his X-friends as well as be de-villainized on the Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked rheir dynamic too. Viz could also be friends with Wasp, maybe Hank and jan and the Young Avengers too

Why are these blogs calling them whores, especially when Hank was at fault?

But I agree the MCU romance was improved, even though Janet was mostly wasted. I wish rhey had been younger in the MCU
    Maybe they don't like promiscuous women.

I think he should reunite with his X-friends as well as be de-villainized on the Avengers
    Yeah... and there is also Jean. So yes its a rather old issue of Uncanny as in 30 + years old. But a reference may be nice and then they can hit it off. He did sort of start up a snarky relationship with Gambit in PADs last iteration of X-factor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Maybe they don't like promiscuous women.
    No reason to insult them, though. Especially considering how popular womanizing men are.

Yeah... and there is also Jean. So yes its a rather old issue of Uncanny as in 30 + years old. But a reference may be nice and then they can hit it off. He did sort of start up a snarky relationship with Gambit in PADs last iteration of X-factor.

Why does Psylocke wear that?

As for Pietro, yeah he could rebuild that relationship as well. Frankly I think the Avengers and X-Men should try to get back on the same page

No reason to insult them, though. Especially considering how popular womanizing men are.

As for Pietro, yeah he could rebuild that relationship as well. Frankly I think the Avengers and X-Men should try to get back on the same page
    There's a different set of rules when it comes to promiscuity between men and women. Let's not even deny that! Hell, I think women are a LOT harder on OTHER women when it comes to promiscuity than lots of dudes are.

You mean the costume? She's a ninja and Kwannon also Psylocke (its hard to explain it) wears that costume now. If you mean the tattoo? It's due to the crimson dawn, it is a magic/potion spell that saved her life. Uh... there is a lot of Betsy history thats hard to explain and rather convoluted. And its funny, in your last post about unvilifying, this issue takes place in an era where people had to be convinced, and slowly, that Pietro could be a hero again, even after he was just on X-Factor before this. I think it must have been hard given he started out as a villain, despite showing honor. The X- Crowd could be a little judgemental.

Ultimate Member

There's a different set of rules when it comes to promiscuity between men and women. Let's not even deny that! Hell, I think women are a LOT harder on OTHER women when it comes to promiscuity than lots of dudes are.
    Well, it's sexist and wrong. Plus promiscuous men are far more likely to actually hurt someone

You mean the costume? She's a ninja and Kwannon also Psylocke (its hard to explain it) wears that costume now. If you mean the tattoo? It's due to the crimson dawn, it is a magic/potion spell that saved her life. Uh... there is a lot of Betsy history thats hard to explain and rather convoluted. And its funny, in your last post about unvilifying, this issue takes place in an era where people had to be convinced, and slowly, that Pietro could be a hero again, even after he was just on X-Factor before this. I think it must have been hard given he started out as a villain, despite showing honor. The X- Crowd could be a little judgemental.
    haha, I meant the costume. I never understood Psylocke's costume. I know about the whole body switch thing. Vaguely, that is. But I know they're separate now.

I kinda don't get wanting characters like Pietro or Wanda to regress into villains. They're heroes and should stay that way IMO

Well, it's sexist and wrong. Plus promiscuous men are far more likely to actually hurt someone

haha, I meant the costume. I never understood Psylocke's costume. I know about the whole body switch thing. Vaguely, that is. But I know they're separate now.

I kinda don't get wanting characters like Pietro or Wanda to regress into villains. They're heroes and should stay that way IMO
    Never said it wasn't sexist. But you're right, those dudes can cause a lot of problems with their manwhoring. Just watch an episode of Maury and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ultimate Member

Never said it wasn't sexist. But you're right, those dudes can cause a lot of problems with their manwhoring. Just watch an episode of Maury and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Sorry, didn't mean to say you were saying that.

And yeah, Maury is a good example! Not to mention guys like Weinstein!

Sorry, didn't mean to say you were saying that.

And yeah, Maury is a good example! Not to mention guys like Weinstein!
    You don't have to apologize, I wasn't offended at all. But yeah, womanizing can be fun, IF the girls being wooed know the score. Doesn't make it right though.

Ultimate Member

You don't have to apologize, I wasn't offended at all. But yeah, womanizing can be fun, IF the girls being wooed know the score. Doesn't make it right though.
    No problem. Personally I'm not into any of it