Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know what Wanda believes. Since Marvel is so distant from knowing Roma culture. And decided to make her pagan in the 80s, which would not have been allowed under Romanipe. So, I think of Wanda as being distant, probably. I'd like to see an actual Romani writer come in and clean things up with her and Pietro.
    Yeah, I'd like that too.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

It'd be interesting. The only thing is I'd like them to separate witch craft from the family line. Not make it something blood tied. Since that is a stereotype and is the complete opposite in reality. There is of course herbalism, remedies and such that was seen as witchcraft in a sense, but not really dark stuff like often gets associated.

I don't know what Wanda believes. Since Marvel is so distant from knowing Roma culture. And decided to make her pagan in the 80s, which would not have been allowed under Romanipe. So, I think of Wanda as being distant, probably. I'd like to see an actual Romani writer come in and clean things up with her and Pietro.
    I agree with you. Romani writers and consultants are definitely needed when it comes to the twins, to prevent situations like you just described. It’s an important part of both their stories, and should be treated with respect instead of as a quirky costume. I really appreciated that Saladin Ahmed paid tribute to it in Pietro’s mini. Ahmed has also pointed out that Wanda, Pietro, Doom, and other Romani characters in Marvel should have Romani writers. Marvel needs to be pushed on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I agree with you. Romani writers and consultants are definitely needed when it comes to the twins, to prevent situations like you just described. It’s an important part of both their stories, and should be treated with respect instead of as a quirky costume. I really appreciated that Saladin Ahmed paid tribute to it in Pietro’s mini. Ahmed has also pointed out that Wanda, Pietro, Doom, and other Romani characters in Marvel should have Romani writers. Marvel needs to be pushed on that front.
    Ahmed did a good job. Best I've seen from comics yet. Which is kind of sad.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, you figure with two Quicksilvers he would be TWICE as popular in the general public's eyes. But I think that scenario led to what has happened. Fox and Disney wouldn't permit two Quicksilvers to exist at the same time. And I kind of understand why they felt that way. But I just hate the fact that Pietro was killed off not so much for story reasons, but because studios just wouldn't play nice with each other. Sure Whedon/Feige might have killed off Pietro in the Week of Ultron anyways, but I think there's a greater chance he would have stuck around for a little while longer if Fox and Disney weren't at odds. They could have easily killed off Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury and Maria Hill and those deaths would have had more impacts because they've been in the movies for a while. But I'm not optimistic that the MCU will use Speed any better. I'm not really unfamiliar with the Young Avengers mythos, but I do know that Tommy is a really neglected character. And I've read comments on other forums elsewhere that he is an inferior version of Pietro. I know comics favor science fiction over fantasy. But they favor magicians over speedsters, that's for sue. I'm hoping if Peters does a good job playing Quicksilver, he'll be used more in the comic books.
    The problem is that speedsters (as well as reality warpers) can be incredibly OP. So they get nerfed, or sidelined. Too many do see Tommy as young Quicksilver, with little to offer. But I think he has a lot of untapped potential, especially with his origin and how he uses his abilities. I really hope Ewing gets to write both of them in a team up book like Hawkeye.

The problem is that speedsters (as well as reality warpers) can be incredibly OP. So they get nerfed, or sidelined. Too many do see Tommy as young Quicksilver, with little to offer. But I think he has a lot of untapped potential, especially with his origin and how he uses his abilities. I really hope Ewing gets to write both of them in a team up book like Hawkeye.
    What is with Marvel being so bad at writing speedsters? DC is awesome at it. The Flashes are such iconic characters. Then again DC struggles to write robot characters. I will say that DC is better at writing WOMEN characters than Marvel is though. I wish I knew more about the Young Avengers. I'm too old and too lazy to read their stories. So I guess I will have to stay unfamiliar with their mythos. I hope Speed is used better in the movies/shows than he is in the comic books. I read that he has been irrelevant as a character for the past fifteen years or so. If there is not much source material for the MCU to work with, then I fear he will be killed off relatively soon. If Pietro does NOT come back into the MCU proper, however, I could see Disney giving his stories to Speed though. Kind of like how Rhodey is being given Tony's most famous storyline in Armor Wars.

What is with Marvel being so bad at writing speedsters? DC is awesome at it. The Flashes are such iconic characters. Then again DC struggles to write robot characters. I will say that DC is better at writing WOMEN characters than Marvel is though. I wish I knew more about the Young Avengers. I'm too old and too lazy to read their stories. So I guess I will have to stay unfamiliar with their mythos. I hope Speed is used better in the movies/shows than he is in the comic books. I read that he has been irrelevant as a character for the past fifteen years or so. If there is not much source material for the MCU to work with, then I fear he will be killed off relatively soon. If Pietro does NOT come back into the MCU proper, however, I could see Disney giving his stories to Speed though. Kind of like how Rhodey is being given Tony's most famous storyline in Armor Wars.

I think many, especially Wally West fans would disagree on how well DC does with speedsters lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I think many, especially Wally West fans would disagree on how well DC does with speedsters lol
    Wow! Wally West is not being portrayed well? I always thought he was the funniest Flash so his stories would naturally be entertaining.

spoilers:
    There is a major leak going around that seemingly confirms that Evan Peters does appear be to playing a version of Quicksilver. It also has several other spoilers. Proceed at your own discretion.
    end of spoilers

This is the link to the leak: https://streamable.com/lthha5
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-29-2021 at 10:59 PM.

spoilers:
    There is a major leak going around that seemingly confirms that Evan Peters does appear be to playing a version of Quicksilver. It also has several other spoilers. Proceed at your own discretion.
    end of spoilers

wow! love it. spoilers:
    Finally a good casting choice in the MCU. ;-p I'm really excited about this.
    end of spoilers

What is with Marvel being so bad at writing speedsters? DC is awesome at it. The Flashes are such iconic characters.
    I dunno, I feel like Flash is becoming better known in the public eye as "the guy who screws up timelines." He could end up like post-House of M Scarlet Witch at some point.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    After seeing that clip I definitely don't think he is really playing Quicksilver....which is disappointing. Probably Mephisto fucking with her as a version of her brother. Still he's fine as **** even in that short clip.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    spoilers:
    After seeing that clip I definitely don't think he is really playing Quicksilver....which is disappointing. Probably Mephisto fucking with her as a version of her brother. Still he's fine as **** even in that short clip.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That’s certainly a strong possibility. It looks like he’s wearing something similar to the MCU costume. He also spoke in a very cruel way to her in a way I can’t see the MCU or Fox version being. Pietro was overprotective as always to Wanda in AoU, while Peter was shown to be sweet if immature. So this could be Mephisto wearing a Quicksilver costume, or possessing him. We know this show is supposed to lead into Multiverse of Madness. What if Mephisto plucked Peter out of the Fox universe as a means of using a still living version of her brother as a means of controlling Wanda and getting his hands on Billy and Tommy? I’m honestly burning my brain trying to see how this all fits together.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    wow! love it. spoilers:
    Finally a good casting choice in the MCU. ;-p I'm really excited about this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was leaked a while ago, but this is the first real evidence we have of Evan Peters being on this show and possibly playing a version of Quicksilver. It could be an Easter egg to his role of Peter, Mephisto disguised as him or possessing him to control Wanda, or an evil AU of the Fox version trying to lure her back to his universe. We know this is supposed to lead into Multiverse of Madness. We just don’t know how yet.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I hope he's really Pietro. Pietro having been killed in his introduction movie and essentially never getting to be part of that universe has always stung, and I'm not even exactly a fan of him. Now, I also hope it's not really the same character from the Fox universe... I'm hoping he's just another Pietro from the multiverse. The characterization seems quite different, so I'm hopeful. Either way, he better be called Pietro too and not Peter. Him being called Peter is like if the whole "Wendy" joke about Wanda was real.
    end of spoilers