Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Same! That ruined the entire series in my opinion. I also think that Evan Peters is better suited to be QS. In most comics that I’ve read he seems to be closer in personality to Peters. In Peter David’s 90s X-Factor Pietro is shown to be a a bit of a sneaker head w/ an odd sense of style who likes his junk food (the Whopper no pickles reference). He also portrays very similar traits when it comes to being impatient and can’t concentrate for long. Not to mention that both versions are loners and outcasts who don’t truly fit in a team and that’s what makes them unique… ATJ lacked most of these qualities. He was just bland and boring, also I’m pretty sure Pietro doesn’t have a euro accent in the comics either.
    "Ruined the series" I think somebody are taking it a little bit too seriously it was a fun little Easter egg to grow in Evan Peters as Quicksilver nothing more the fans are the ones who went wild with speculation and theories and then ultimately set themselves up for disappointment.

Now did they add Evan Peters to the cast in order to spark discussions? Of course. Marvel isn't stupid word of mouth is free publicity.

But the Evan Peters character was never a central character in the show. So not sure how him not being Quicksilver "ruined" the entirety of Wanda's journey.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think northstar is faster than pietro, but pietro is overall stronger than him so i dont think he could easily stop him, maybe with some help. it would be interesting to see a fight between the two
    Northstar is much faster than Pietro to the degree that any strength advantage would be negligible. Plus, Northstar's a lot more arrogant than him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Northstar is much faster than Pietro to the degree that any strength advantage would be negligible. Plus, Northstar's a lot more arrogant than him.
    would the arrogance not be used as a bad thing in a fight?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    would the arrogance not be used as a bad thing in a fight?
    Normally it would, but you're not dealing with your average mutant speedster anymore.

Northstar maybe faster but Quick Silver is way more experienced and can draw on a rival speedsters speed.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    God, I hope so. I liked WandaVision in general, but that whole reveal with fake Pietro was something I found to be completely disappointing and the wrong direction to go with that actor/character. It especially hurts because Peter Evans is so popular being Quicksilver that I felt the MCU messed up by not making him the new Quicksilver.

Not only that, but the whole thing felt like a distasteful troll. I respect and love a good misdirection and troll any day of the week, yet that one didn't really jive well with me (or a lot of people for that matter).
    100% agree, it was a huge let down for me as a fan and it would've led perfectly into the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange multiverse movies.
    Massive missed opportunity by MCU officialdom imo.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 07-02-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wasn't he born in Eastern Europe, and didn't he spend most of his childhood there?

The main letdown for me was he still doesn't seem to be coming back to the MCU
    Yeah but I don’t know, Marvel seem to not give him any accent in his bubbles like they do with other non-American characters… his sayings also seem pretty American whereas Kurt, Piotr, Wolfsbane etc seem to include some of their native quotes in their vocab.

Also where did Wanda’s accent go in Wandavision? Haha
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 07-02-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    "Ruined the series" I think somebody are taking it a little bit too seriously it was a fun little Easter egg to grow in Evan Peters as Quicksilver nothing more the fans are the ones who went wild with speculation and theories and then ultimately set themselves up for disappointment.

Now did they add Evan Peters to the cast in order to spark discussions? Of course. Marvel isn't stupid word of mouth is free publicity.

But the Evan Peters character was never a central character in the show. So not sure how him not being Quicksilver "ruined" the entirety of Wanda's journey.
    Perhaps I’m being biased, but I am part of this thread aint i? :P

Spectacular Member

I still think Pietro’s strength can be an advantage to him, speed alone can’t win a fight. Otherwise it’s just a race lol

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree, it was a huge let down for me as a fan and it would've led perfectly into the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange multiverse movies.
    Massive missed opportunity by MCU officialdom imo.
    I give the showrunners and the others the benefit of the doubt, and I'm assuming they weren't aware what direction the MCU was going to take as a whole after WandaVision. They probably didn't know the multiverse was going to be the next big thing, so it wasn't a part of the plan to have it be included in the show.

But still, it really did come across as a slap to the face for fans who were anticipating the reveal. It didn't help that their twist wasn't even compelling, that was the big issue.

I feel like I'm bringing things that was probably already heavily discuss when the show was initially airing, however, that was Pietro's/Peter's biggest appearance in any media in the last few months, so it still on the mind.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I would think that Pietro's arrogance is slightly different than that of Northstar's. QS's reasons for arrogance is more a case of defensive and masking other feelings, so he uses it as a means to keep others at bay and not be wounded due to his own issues in a lot of cases. On the other hand Northstar was, if I recall correctly, a skater who got a lot of props before being a hero, so that comes more from him thinking of his own confidence.

Of the two while Northstar is faster I would say that working with the Avengers, and dealing with the Inhumans, etc. Pietro might have a slight advantage in his use of his speed bursting and using it to keep Northstar off his game, and using his mouth to make Northstar make bad moves. So while Northstar may have the speed I do think Pietro would be more willing to pull a win based on using other skills along with his speed to deal with the fight.

I heard a rumor on another Reddit that it will be eventually revealed that Quicksilver is Magneto’s mutant son but that Wanda is just a human and no relation to either of them.

Pietro being Magda's son and Wanda being Natalya's kid , and them being twins due to Wundagore Eldritch magic bonding them.

wanda and pietro have a very complex relationship, but the fundament of it all is that their each others biggest support. the world can go to shit and in the moment they need each other, they will be there.

i mean, they grew up so close. Pietro’s whole life, everything he’s known and everything people seemed to tell him, was to watch out for wanda. And he loves her and he sees her as way more important than himself. And the whole ‘Pietro is a sociopath’ is just bullshit. If he would be, he wouldn’t care about her, about his father (although he doesn’t like to admit it) or anyone, really. But the whole house of m ark, also only happened because he wanted to protect her - and in the same run he wanted to make everyone happy.

He could have just asked her to kill everybody off or whatever, but he even wanted to still please their father.

So im just sick of pietro not getting what he deserves and not being turned a villain for Wandas story development.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    And once again Pietro is turned into a plot device for Wanda's development.
    Yay.
    Last edited by poki; 07-05-2021 at 11:47 AM.